#1 Edited by Captain13 (3260 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1: Wonder Woman

*edit (Post Crisis and New52 feats/198-2012) and Cyborg (Post Crisis and New 52 feats)

VS

Team 2: Thor and Iron Man

*edit- current versions (Thor post revival by JMS. Iron Man in current armor)

Rules: No Prep; Fight Takes Place In The Grand Canyon; State Why You Chose Your Answer

#2 Posted by Comiccrazeraze (427 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: Thor and iron man completely crush cyborg and then they tag wonder woman :)

#3 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11775 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman solos

#4 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@Comiccrazeraze said:

@Captain13: Thor and iron man completely crush cyborg and then they tag wonder woman :)

No, Cyborg Solos--I'm pretty sure. He could just boom tube Thor and Iron Man into the Source Wall.

Even if he doesn't Team 1 still wins, because Cyborg just uses technopathy to shut down Iron Man's armor. Then Wonder Woman and Cyborg take out Thor together.

#5 Posted by _slim_ (13054 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Wonder Woman solos

Lol. Gonna get 'em all riled up, eh.

#6 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11775 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Wonder Woman solos

Lol. Gonna get 'em all riled up, eh.

its gonna happen sooner or later, I say why not start the party now

#7 Posted by _slim_ (13054 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: Lol.

#8 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:


No, Cyborg Solos--I'm pretty sure. He could just boom tube Thor and Iron Man into the Source Wall.

Can't Thor use Mjolnir to teleport too? If so, Cyborg's boom tube tech would be null.

@Superdork said:



Even if he doesn't Team 1 still wins, because Cyborg just uses technopathy to shut down Iron Man's armor. Then Wonder Woman and Cyborg take out Thor together.

And I'm reasonably sure Tony has some kind of anti-technopathy tech. Someone out there should have a scan. Maybe. lol

Still, I think this could go either way. Just no solos since Thor and Wonder Woman are pretty evenly matched.

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@_slim_ said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Wonder Woman solos

Lol. Gonna get 'em all riled up, eh.

its gonna happen sooner or later, I say why not start the party now

Is this where I say character "X" sucks and character "Z" "STOMPS"????!!!!!

#9 Posted by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

SMASHfest Thor and IM take this easily.

#10 Posted by BigCimmerian (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor solos.

#11 Posted by Revenge_Of_Chucky (453 posts) - - Show Bio

@Comiccrazeraze said:

@Captain13: Thor and iron man completely crush cyborg and then they tag wonder woman :)

#12 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still going with the assertion that--

Wonder Woman or Cyborg Could Each Solo

TEAM 1 STOMP

#13 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8399 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

I'm still going with the assertion that--

Wonder Woman or Cyborg Could Each Solo

TEAM 1 STOMP

Online
#14 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

#15 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (7164 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork: Click it.

You do know that wonder woman has not been shown any durability feats up to God Blast attacks. I agree with the second part of your post.

@BigCimmerian said:

Thor solos.

#16 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@_slim_ said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Wonder Woman solos

Lol. Gonna get 'em all riled up, eh.

its gonna happen sooner or later, I say why not start the party now

Is this where I say character "X" sucks and character "Z" "STOMPS"????!!!!!

I don't know, you tell me

#17 Posted by GlassRiddle (64 posts) - - Show Bio

thor solos

#18 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@Superdork: Click it.

You do know that wonder woman has not been shown any durability feats up to God Blast attacks. I agree with the second part of your post.

wrong .....

She blocked this..

She deflected the combined power of 12 gods with those Bracers ...

by the time Thor is done charging a God Blast, she could have already killed him ...

#19 Posted by Shawnbaby (10403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: That's not current WW

#20 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (7164 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: Read the battle rules. Most current version if not specified.

#21 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: @Mr_Ingenuity: the pic at the top would imply that the pre 52 wonder woman was being used since that is pretty much the same costume theme although the design is a more realistic armored look ....

#22 Posted by Shawnbaby (10403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Shawnbaby: @Mr_Ingenuity: the pic at the top would imply that the pre 52 wonder woman was being used since that is pretty much the same costume theme although the design is a more realistic armored look ....

Pics don't Matter. Without Specification...most current version is in use.

#23 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7164 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: Not sure if agree? Or just telling me I'm wrong again.

#24 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

Thor solos.

#25 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Thor teleport? If not, Cyborg has this. He could just boom tube Team 2 onto Pluto

#26 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: what versions of the characters were you using

#27 Posted by GlassRiddle (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor easily will destroy

#28 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7164 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork: IIRC Cyborgs range is not that far. But I have not read JL11

#29 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@Superdork: IIRC Cyborgs range is not that far. But I have not read JL11

He can boom tube all the way to Apocalypse as seen in Justice League issue 8. I think anything within our Solar System is a safe bet.

#30 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7164 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork: But apokolips has always been in a separate dimension. Also being an accident.

#31 Edited by Captain13 (3260 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity: @Shawnbaby:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Captain13: what versions of the characters were you using

Hey, guys! For team 1, it's going to be both post-crisis (1985-2011) and new52 (2011-present) feats, since the five year gap is supposed to include post crisis history, and because there are simply not enough feats from the new 52 alone to make this interesting.

For Team 2, it's going to be their most current versions.

I edited the OP to specify this.

Unless things need clearing up, I will try to stay out of this thread.

#32 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: thanks for clarifying ....

@Shawnbaby: @Mr_Ingenuity: where were we?

#33 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@Superdork: But apokolips has always been in a separate dimension. Also being an accident.

Yes, every 1000 jumps, he goes to Apocalypse by accident, but after he reboots, he teleports the entire team back to Earth, so Apokalips (which is outside of or solar system) is within his range.

* edit- And you're right, I just found out on Wikipedia that Apocalypse is only accessible via boom tube. So it's distance doesn't even matter.

Team 1 still wins because Cyborg boom tubes team 2 into the fiery core of Apokalips. Since Team 2 can't boom tube, that's a death sentence. And Cyborg shuts down Tony's armor, so he's useless.

Or Cyborg just boom tubes Thor there, and then Wonder Woman and Cyborg take out Iron Man together.

#34 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7164 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: So it's Pre 52 Wonder Woman vs Thor debate. Iron man an Cyborg being no factors. To answer your question. This thread.

#35 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: So it's Pre 52 Wonder Woman vs Thor debate. Iron man an Cyborg being no factors. To answer your question. This thread.

See my previous post. Cyborg is a HUGE threat because he takes Thor out of the equation entirely. Not only does that leave team 2 overwhelmed, it leaves them hopeless because he can just shut down Iron Man's armor.

#36 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

THOR AND IRON MAN 

#37 Posted by Shawnbaby (10403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Captain13: thanks for clarifying ....

@Shawnbaby: @Mr_Ingenuity: where were we?

All I said was that unless specified it's current versions...at the time...it was not specified.

#38 Posted by Tradog (1768 posts) - - Show Bio

What is Boom tube, anyway?

#40 Posted by BigCimmerian (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: So it's Pre 52 Wonder Woman vs Thor debate. Iron man an Cyborg being no factors. To answer your question. This thread.

See my previous post. Cyborg is a HUGE threat because he takes Thor out of the equation entirely. Not only does that leave team 2 overwhelmed, it leaves them hopeless because he can just shut down Iron Man's armor.

Thor can teleport out of dimensions and out of anywhere.

#41 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11775 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway, on paper ... Wonder Woman has better stats and deadlier equipment (God Beheading Tiara etc ...) which is enough to get her the win against Thor who just so happens to have a blunt weapon that won't be as effective on her as a bladed one, and hes much slower than her ... Iron Man and Cyborg are non factors as far as I am concerned ...

#42 Posted by Twentyfive (2832 posts) - - Show Bio

They are both great teams.

I have no clue who wins this.

Thor is my favorite of the four, and my favorite Avenger!

#43 Posted by BigCimmerian (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Anyway, on paper ... Wonder Woman has better stats and deadlier equipment (God Beheading Tiara etc ...) which is enough to get her the win against Thor who just so happens to have a blunt weapon that won't be as effective on her as a bladed one, and hes much slower than her ... Iron Man and Cyborg are non factors as far as I am concerned ...

Wrong, Thor is better on paper in everything except speed. And Mjolnir is more dangerous than her weapons, it is just too versatile.

#44 Edited by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

About cyborg having technopathy. Tony has it in bleeding edge too. Correct me if i'm wrong. I think Thor and IM wins. Doubt it would be as simple as cyborg shutting down his suit.

#45 Posted by XImpossibruX (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman is stronger, faster in combat, can hit harder, her unbreakable bracelets can block Thors lightning to an extent, martial arts master.

All Thor has is flight speed, and destructive power over her.

Team 1 takes this.

#46 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

thor solos. GET AT ME

#47 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor solos. Come at me.

#48 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

@Superdork said:

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: So it's Pre 52 Wonder Woman vs Thor debate. Iron man an Cyborg being no factors. To answer your question. This thread.

See my previous post. Cyborg is a HUGE threat because he takes Thor out of the equation entirely. Not only does that leave team 2 overwhelmed, it leaves them hopeless because he can just shut down Iron Man's armor.

Thor can teleport out of dimensions and out of anywhere.

Apokalips can ONLY be reached via BOOM TUBE. While mjolnir may teleport, it's not a boom tube, and therefore it cannot not travel to/from Apokalips. Cyborg traps Thor on Apokalips. Wonder Woman beheads Iron Man.

Team 1 wins. (Stomp)

#49 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11775 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Anyway, on paper ... Wonder Woman has better stats and deadlier equipment (God Beheading Tiara etc ...) which is enough to get her the win against Thor who just so happens to have a blunt weapon that won't be as effective on her as a bladed one, and hes much slower than her ... Iron Man and Cyborg are non factors as far as I am concerned ...

Wrong, Thor is better on paper in everything except speed. And Mjolnir is more dangerous than her weapons, it is just too versatile.

nope she's got better defensive capabilities and better, more consistent feats of strength ... she one shotted a god with her tiara which is made of the same material as the sword of Hephaestus so Thor would have to block that cuz he'd be done from one slash to the neck, while she can take every blunt attack he throws at her ....

@XImpossibruX said:

Wonder Woman is stronger, faster in combat, can hit harder, her unbreakable bracelets can block Thors lightning to an extent, martial arts master.

All Thor has is flight speed, and destructive power over her.

Team 1 takes this.

this

#50 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

Wonder Woman is stronger, faster in combat, can hit harder, her unbreakable bracelets can block Thors lightning to an extent, martial arts master.

All Thor has is flight speed, and destructive power over her.

Team 1 takes this.

The ones highlighted are wrong.