Details

Morals off

No prep

Each team starts on opposite sides of the island

All standard gear and powers

Battle 2

Asgard

Combatants

Amazons (plus Wonder Woman, Circe, Donna Troy, Wonder Girl/Cassie, and Hippolyta)

VS

Standard Asgardians (plus Thor and Loki)

Details

Morals off

1 day of prep

Each team starts on opposite sides of Asgard

All standard gear and powers

#2 Posted by ArtsyGal (125 posts) - - Show Bio

No one?

#3 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

How powerfull is Circe ?

#4 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

From my recollection Circe is pretty damn powerful. She's one of the higher level mystics in the D.C.U. while Loki tends to rely more on his cunning than his magic. Loki is a powerful sorcerer but I think Circe outdoes him. Thor and Diana are pretty equal. So I'll give it to team 1

#5 Posted by ArtsyGal (125 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour said:

From my recollection Circe is pretty damn powerful. She's one of the higher level mystics in the D.C.U. while Loki tends to rely more on his cunning than his magic. Loki is a powerful sorcerer but I think Circe outdoes him. Thor and Diana are pretty equal. So I'll give it to team 1

What about in the second battle?

#6 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour said:

Loki doesn't rely on cunning always, he is also a better spell-caster than Circe. He has brought gods back to life, turned Thor into a frog, made hundred copies of himself, made beings strong enough to take Thor. He is a lot more powerful than Circe, i will show more better feats if need be.

Thor, and Diana is not pretty equal. Thor is superior to Diana.

Round 1-Team Gods stomp

Round 2-Team Gods

#7 Posted by ArtsyGal (125 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@TheWitchingHour said:

Loki doesn't rely on cunning always, he is also a better spell-caster than Circe. He has brought gods back to life, turned Thor into a frog, made hundred copies of himself, made beings strong enough to take Thor. He is a lot more powerful than Circe, i will show more better feats if need be.

Round 1-Team Gods stomp

Round 2-Team Gods

Really? I thought that Circe was a better spell caster.

I'm also sure that Diana and Thor are pretty equal.

#8 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArtsyGal said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@TheWitchingHour said:

Round 1-Team Gods stomp

Round 2-Team Gods

Really? I thought that Circe was a better spell caster.

I'm also sure that Diana and Thor are pretty equal.

No Circe is not.

Diana is only a better fighter, and has better reaction speed. That's all. Thor is better in every other category.

#9 Posted by charlieboy (7158 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: You keep saying that but lots of people think Wonder Woman would beat Thor. Circe is a powerful sorceress who can transform people into animals. She has brought people back from the dead. She has made beasts stong enough to fight Diana. I don't really see how Loki is leaps and bounds above Circe like you are trying to make it sound.

#10 Posted by PowerHerc (82755 posts) - - Show Bio

The guys defeat the gals.

#11 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

No Circe is not.

Diana is only a better fighter, and has better reaction speed. That's all. Thor is better in every other category.

He's better in durability since he can't be cut, but he's not using cutting weapons otherwise they're equal. I haven't seen how Thor is stronger or faster.

#12 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman and Circe

#13 Posted by ArtsyGal (125 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy said:

@jeanroygrant: You keep saying that but lots of people think Wonder Woman would beat Thor. Circe is a powerful sorceress who can transform people into animals. She has brought people back from the dead. She has made beasts stong enough to fight Diana. I don't really see how Loki is leaps and bounds above Circe like you are trying to make it sound.

My thoughts exactly. Circe has also given the JLA a fight before, IIRC.

Also, how does Wonder Woman's lightning compare to Thor's lightning?

#14 Posted by charlieboy (7158 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArtsyGal: Wonder Woman's lightning has been strong enough to hurt Gods. But i would say Thor is better with lightning since he is the thunder god and all.

#15 Posted by ArtsyGal (125 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy said:

@ArtsyGal: Wonder Woman's lightning has been strong enough to hurt Gods. But i would say Thor is better with lightning since he is the thunder god and all.

Ooh, impressive, especially considering how powerful the DC gods are. But yeah, I can see why Thor would have stronger lightning. Lightning is his signature thing, after all.

#16 Posted by XLR87T3 (2622 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, true Nords never back down, and Loki has resurrected gods. It's going to be like the viking days, but with more raping. So Asgardians win at least the second battle.

#17 Posted by ArtsyGal (125 posts) - - Show Bio

@XLR87T3 said:

Well, true Nords never back down, and Loki has resurrected gods. It's going to be like the viking days, but with more raping. So Asgardians win at least the second battle.

Amazons find it in their nature to never quit a fight. They will always keep fighting no matter what IIKC. Also, Circe has many resurrection feats (not sure if she has resurrected gods, though), and has also turned many powerful superheroes into animals. She's even created monsters that stood up to Wonder Woman.

#18 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wboy said:

@jeanroygrant said:

No Circe is not.

He's better in durability since he can't be cut, but he's not using cutting weapons otherwise they're equal. I haven't seen how Thor is stronger or faster.

Thor is as physically strong as people like Hulk or Superman or Captain Marvel. Wonder Woman is a notch below.

#19 Posted by ArtsyGal (125 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@Wboy said:

@jeanroygrant said:

No Circe is not.

Thor is as physically strong as people like Hulk or Superman or Captain Marvel. Wonder Woman is a notch below.

I always saw Superman being the strongest, and then Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman being closer in strength. Like, the only reason why Captain Marvel can defeat Superman so frequently is because of his use of magic. Wonder Woman doesn't have that weakness, so she's able to do a lot better against him.

#20 Posted by Pokeysteve (8235 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@Wboy said:

@jeanroygrant said:

No Circe is not.

Lol If Hulk is in that category than so is Wonder Woman. There is nothing concrete to put Cap Marvel above her either. With Thor's strength at least there's an argument. And a good one.

#21 Posted by ArtsyGal (125 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, didn't see Hulk in that list. But yeah, Wonder Woman is stronger than Hulk and is at least equal to Captain Marvel.

#22 Posted by The Stegman (23803 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor vs WW has been done to death. 

Loki vs Circe one on one would be MUCH more interesting, and I'm really not sure who'd win.

#23 Posted by charlieboy (7158 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: I agree. Loki vs. Circe is an interesting fight.

#24 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy said:

I am not other people. Your the run making Wonder Woman sound stronger than she is. She is not as powerful as Thor period. Only reason why you people say that, is because people on this darn website think having speed makes you win fights. When i debate i barley give to sh!ts about speed. ( Unless your a Flash. )

Wonder Woman is dealing with Thor here, the god of thunder. You know what else makes Thor powerful? The arch where Thor defeated Adam Warlock & Silver Surfer, and was about to finish them wasn't actually a Warrior Madness Thor, but a Thor with no Morals. Thor is so powerful with morals off that he rarely goes that powerful, unless fighting people out of his league, because he knows the person he's fighting can't either take the punishment, or can. Take Surtur, or Glory for example. When Thor fights them he sounds out Skyfather level attacks at them, and it hurts them. That is a lot of power. But when Thor fights people like Hulk he doesn't go all out because he knows he will hurt them bad. ( Also because Banner is his friend. ) The only heroes i have seen who is herald level that Thor went all out on was Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, and Gladiator, but to say he went all out on them is a hold back. Thor didn't want to kill them so he held back some more. Everyone who read Marvel comic's knew That Thor was the top dog in the 80's. More powerful, than Hulk, Silver Surfer, Black Bolt, Gladiator, you name it. Thor has beaten almost everyone at sometime. I am not even going to lie, Thor is not number 1 anymore, he is now currently second to the Silver Surfer. But that's because of Silver Surfer's constant upgrades!

Now for Circe being more powerful than Loki?

This is not even true! Yes i may have made it seem like Loki is way more powerful than Circe, but yeah he's not. He is more powerful at the very least though. When Loki fought Classic Dr.Strange, guess what? He stalemated him. When Loki fought Classic Silver Surfer guest what? He had the upper hand. When Loki fights Thor, he doesn't even go all out, he just basically plays with him. While Thor seems very eager to stop him. If Thor managed to get WW's braclets off, and Loki made a force field around them, that could work.

Here's a scan to prove it.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...rstThunder2.jpg

Some of Loki's feats

Sped around the world running from Silver Surfer.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...iSpeed04SS4.jpg

Loki has some skill shown when fighting the Disir.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...SiegeLoki14.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...kivsDisir06.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...kivsDisir07.jpg

Staggers an amped up Seth ( Skyfather level )

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...wer09JIM513.jpg

Taking out the X-Men with ease. One finger blasts. ( Take not that Magik was there )

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...4UXMAnnual9.jpg

Taking on the Thor corps, and beating them easily. ( Beta Ray bill, Masterson, & Dargo.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...tPower06441.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...lastPower07.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...lastPower08.jpg

Can make force fields, Used to block Mjolnir from Thor.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...elds01JIM88.jpg

He has way to many powers, just like Thor.

#25 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArtsyGal said:

@charlieboy said:

My thoughts exactly. Circe has also given the JLA a fight before, IIRC.

Also, how does Wonder Woman's lightning compare to Thor's lightning?

Thor's much weaker clone, was given a lot of trouble to Marvel heroes at first. See what i did there.

Thor's is much stronger than WW's.

#26 Posted by charlieboy (7158 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Circe has defeated all of the male members of the jla. and of course you don't care about speed because that is what gives Diana a big advantage.

#27 Posted by charlieboy (7158 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: I agree with you that it is stronger. But have you ever actually read anything with Diana's lighting in it?

#28 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy said:

@jeanroygrant: Circe has defeated all of the male members of the jla. and of course you don't care about speed because that is what gives Diana a big advantage.

So, Thor has beaten people stronger than the JLA.

@charlieboy said:

@jeanroygrant: I agree with you that it is stronger. But have you ever actually read anything with Diana's lighting in it?

I am not debating this part, because it's ridiculous. your trying to compare some being with lightning manipulation, against the god of thunder.

#29 Posted by charlieboy (7158 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: No i said that i agree with you. I just asked since you commented on it if you have ever even read anything with Diana's lightning. And I am going to assume you have not. As for your JlA comment there are three of four members that can take Thor by themselves.

#30 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Wboy said:

@jeanroygrant said:

No Circe is not.

Lol If Hulk is in that category than so is Wonder Woman. There is nothing concrete to put Cap Marvel above her either. With Thor's strength at least there's an argument. And a good one.

LOL. People really need to stop underestimating Hulk. Hulk is stronger than Wonder Woman, any writer of Marvel could show you that threw comics, a lot of people would agree with me too. What even makes you think Wonder Woman is stronger than Hulk? Captain Marvel is said to be Superman's equal, and Thor is up their too. Even Supergirl was said to be stronger than Wonder Woman, due to her almost being as strong as Superman. Only reason Wonder Woman beats her is because of her fighting skills. Which seems to help Wonder Woman in a lot of battles she should lose.

#31 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy said:

@jeanroygrant: No i said that i agree with you. I just asked since you commented on it if you have ever even read anything with Diana's lightning. And I am going to assume you have not. As for your JlA comment there are three of four members that can take Thor by themselves.

Yes i have.

Name the last JLA members who can take Thor. Other than from the ones i know your going to say ( Wally, Superman, MM.)

#32 Posted by charlieboy (7158 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Wboy said:

@jeanroygrant said:

No Circe is not.

LOL. People really need to stop underestimating Hulk. Hulk is stronger than Wonder Woman, any writer of Marvel could show you that threw comics, a lot of people would agree with me too. What even makes you think Wonder Woman is stronger than Hulk? Captain Marvel is said to be Superman's equal, and Thor is up their too. Even Supergirl was said to be stronger than Wonder Woman, due to her almost being as strong as Superman. Only reason Wonder Woman beats her is because of her fighting skills. Which seems to help Wonder Woman in a lot of battles she should lose.

Wonder Woman is one of the strongest characters in Dc and one of the best fighters. Of course that helps her win fights.

#33 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Wboy said:

@jeanroygrant said:

No Circe is not.

Wonder Woman is one of the strongest characters in Dc and one of the best fighters. Of course that helps her win fights.

That's true, it's just that this time around, it's not enough for this match.

#34 Posted by charlieboy (7158 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Add Wonder Woman and you have my list.

#35 Posted by charlieboy (7158 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Yeah. Still not agreeing.

#36 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy said:

@jeanroygrant: Add Wonder Woman and you have my list.

Why

@charlieboy said:

@jeanroygrant: Yeah. Still not agreeing.

Fine

#37 Posted by XiiX (7914 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1. Team 1.

Round 2. Team 2.

#38 Posted by charlieboy (7158 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Wonder Woman is faster. She seems to be the better combatant. She has defenses against his other powers. She has killed two DC gods. Those are some of my reasoning.

#39 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy said:

@jeanroygrant: Wonder Woman is faster. She seems to be the better combatant. She has defenses against his other powers. She has killed two DC gods. Those are some of my reasoning.

Can you name the two gods. Do not say Ares, because that was not by her own power.

#40 Posted by charlieboy (7158 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Deimos. son of Ares. And Ares who she bested in combat and used his weapon against him.

#41 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy said:

@jeanroygrant: Deimos. son of Ares. And Ares who she bested in combat and used his weapon against him.

I see. Ares does not count though.

Thor has also killed gods though.

#42 Posted by charlieboy (7158 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: It does too count. She beat him and killed him. And she had defeated him before that in other encounters.

#43 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy said:

@jeanroygrant: It does too count. She beat him and killed him. And she had defeated him before that in other encounters.

No it doesn't. She defeated him with his own weapon. Without it she would have lost. It' wasn't by her own powers. She has never beaten him without it.

#44 Posted by charlieboy (7158 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: You are trying to tell me that Wonder Woman never defeated him before that. Really? She killed him. You can try to discount all you will. But she killed him.

#45 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy said:

@jeanroygrant: You are trying to tell me that Wonder Woman never defeated him before that. Really? She killed him. You can try to discount all you will. But she killed him.

Forget it.

#46 Posted by charlieboy (7158 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: As long as you realize that Wonder Woman has indeed defeated Ares before and was the hand that slew him I am fine with it.

#47 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and Loki Stomp.

#48 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy said:

@jeanroygrant: As long as you realize that Wonder Woman has indeed defeated Ares before and was the hand that slew him I am fine with it.

Which i don't believe, so forget it. Ares has beaten Highfather, he is out of Wonder Woman's league without the axe.

#49 Posted by charlieboy (7158 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Wonder Woman defeated Ares during the very first arc of the 85 Wonder Woman series. They have fought multiple times since. He is one of her main foes. She has defeated him. If you don't believe me you should try actually reading a Wonder Woman comic.

#50 Posted by ArtsyGal (125 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Speed is a major factor. If you can't react to an attack, then everything you can do is pretty much nullified, so I don't see your point.

Also, you seem to be heavily underestimating Wonder Woman.

And I already know that Thor's lightning is stronger. I wanted to know how it would compare to his, not if hers was stronger or anything.