- No BFR.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TifaLockhart

I'm thinking Kalibak mauls him. Beta Club and just plain stronger.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By texasdeathmatch  Online
@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

I'm thinking Kalibak mauls him. Beta Club and just plain stronger.

Agreed.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TifaLockhart

I'ma post a pre-emptive post.

Wonder Man might have the speed advantage (maybe), but Kalibak has defeated Lightray and he brawls with Orion.

I personally see Simon getting confident and being unpleasantly surprised when Kalibak rushes. Even Superman was impressed.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
Kalibak beats down Wonder Man.... 
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that I think about it, Wonder Man might have a decent chance here.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If Wonder Man is operating at his peak potential and isn't being written poorly, he could match or overpower Kalibak.

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Man.

Slash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Man

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Feats for Kalibak?

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Kalibak defeated Lightray, I think he can win this.

He is a huge jobber but even when he jobs he is mostly consistently written as being in the strength-tier of Superman and Orion.

Classic Wonder Man may have given Kalibak a big fight, but currently he has lost his prestige.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is a huge jobber but even when he jobs he is mostly consistently written as being in the strength-tier of Superman and Orion.

Classic Wonder Man may have given Kalibak a big fight, but currently he has lost his prestige.

What makes you say that? Simon hasn't gotten weaker in fact he's gotten an upgrade in the 90's too. If you're referring to him jobbing, fair enough but he's still got some pretty solid feats.

How strong is Lightray too?

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats for Kalibak?

Defeated Lightray, has given Orion some big fights but never won any. Owned the Supermen of America (a team of Metropolis young heroes inspired by Superman), easily overpowered Superboy (Tactile Telekinesis, pre-Geoff Johns retcons version), beat noob Kyle Rayner, tagged Max Mercury.

He is a villain with the ungrateful post of serving as a minion to Darkseid, so plot forbids him for ever really succeeding against the biggest heroes. But by both statements and lore he is on the same level of power as beings like Superman, he just lacks in resourcefulness.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobmaster2001 said:

Feats for Kalibak?

Defeated Lightray, has given Orion some big fights but never won any. Owned the Supermen of America (a team of Metropolis young heroes inspired by Superman), easily overpowered Superboy (Tactile Telekinesis, pre-Geoff Johns retcons version), beat noob Kyle Rayner, tagged Max Mercury.

He is a villain with the ungrateful post of serving as a minion to Darkseid, so plot forbids him for ever really succeeding against the biggest heroes. But by both statements and lore he is on the same level of power as beings like Superman, he just lacks in resourcefulness.

I think Wonder man might have some more impressive feats than that. He's beaten Skurge the Executioner, Atlas, Red Hulk, a clone of Professor Hulk, Namor (although he kind of cheap shotted him) he dropped Thor with a gut punch and has brawled with him a few times (although he did lose in one) beaten Abomination, took hits from Ultron, beat Tyrak, hurt Hercules with a punch (who said his strength was equal to Thor) traded blows with multiple Hulk incarnations including Professor Hulk, Savage Hulk and Mindless Hulk etc he does job to be fair but I think if we look at more impressive feats he can take it with high difficulty.

What's funny is that Simon was actually overwhelming Kyle Rayner in JLA/Avengers #2:

No Caption Provided

I'm not sure if we can justify Kalibak not doing well/winning against people like Superman or Orion as plot (even though that is an obvious reason the villains don't do win in the end)

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobmaster2001:

I'm not sure if we can justify Kalibak not doing well/winning against people like Superman or Orion as plot (even though that is an obvious reason the villains don't do win in the end)

I'm not saying that Kalibak doesn't win necessarily because of plot, since his losses are usually justified, but he certainly his written as being very powerful most of the time. He usually loses simply because he isn't skilled enough against Orion and Superman. But regarding his fights against Kyle Rayner, Superboy and the Supermen of America, it was definitely good timing/chance (aka plot) that saved his opponents.

What's funny is that Simon was actually overwhelming Kyle Rayner in JLA/Avengers #2:

Kyle at that point was definitely more powerful than in his fight against Kalibak, I'll give you that. It happened several years and many life-threatening fights later.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ouroborik said:

What makes you say that? Simon hasn't gotten weaker in fact he's gotten an upgrade in the 90's too. If you're referring to him jobbing, fair enough but he's still got some pretty solid feats.

How strong is Lightray too?

Lightray is something of a glass cannon since he usually can only take two or three attacks from high-tiers before going down, but offensively his power has been stated several times to be comparable to stars and speed-wise he is considered the fastest of all New Gods, thus putting him as one of the fastest beings in the DC Universe.

In one of their earlier confrontations Kalibak managed to rush towards and catch Lightray before beating him down. Although I wouldn't say that means he is as fast as Lightray, which would be absurd, it certainly makes him vastly superhuman in speed. Lightray flew above Lightspeed in pretty much every appearance that required him to travel between places and once flew eight times faster than light in battle. Important to note that Lightray once blitzed and defeated Mongul in less than a page (that feat is not so impressive because Post-Crisis Mongul was an even bigger jobber, but still).

In their second big confrontation Kalibak just threw a mountain at Lightray. Not really a show of speed or skill, but shows how he can casually perform mountain-level feats of strength with no real issue. This happened in Apokolips so the mountain was probably much bigger and/or heavir than a normal mountain, which would have to be since Lightray has resisted much worse attacks before.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ouroborik: I see, still I'm going to back Wonder man in a difficult fight. Aside from having more wins over characters he has an advantage with flight as well as speed, so he should be more mobile. As well as this he has a big skill advantage, seeing as he was trained by Captain America.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kalibak doesn't job, he loses and rightfully so. He fights Superman and Orion and lacks the skill of his half-brother because he is a brute. That's also why he doesn't have a lot of wins, because he usually fights opponents who are too much for him.

He either mauls mid tiers such as Superboy, Brahma of the Supermen of America, or Lightray or loses to Green Lantern (Hal), Superman, or Orion but gets in some good hits sometimes.

This is a tough fight either way.

Unrequited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find this to be an extremely close fight. Maybe an ever so slight advantage to Wonder Man simply due to his versatility. Also, Wonder Man is more-or-less immortal and can't really die, so there's that too... but, he CAN be put down and incapacitated.

Simon might win 5.5/10? Maybe it's split dead even? It's real close, imo

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 takenstew22  Moderator

Wonder Man. Kalibak is a jobber.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kalibak doesn’t job; he bites off more than he can chew.

Simon would lose to Superman as well since we’re using JLAvengers.

Unrequited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Man. Kalibak is a jobber.

And Wonder Man holds back most of the time, and doesn't actually like fighting. Kalibak is savage and loves to brawl, but is dumber than a cup of dirt. I could see both of these guys' weaknesses causing them problems against the other here.