#1 Edited by Owie (3765 posts) - - Show Bio

Women Warriors Bracket Battle: Mid-Tier

This is the second of several all-female bracket battles ( here's the first).

This bracket is all mid-tier-power-level women in hand-to-hand combat.  I am defining that here as women with at least some degree of superhuman strength, speed, agility, durability, or weapons that put them at a point somewhere between a normal human and the top level bricks.  This bracket admittedly contains a fair amount of variation in power level.  But honestly that doesn't bother me because I'm personally more interested in the first round than the last, and the first rounds are all pretty close, it's not until go you up a bit that the fights will become more uneven, and even then I think the variety is interesting.

I should note that this is obviously does not include all of the top female fighters at this level, I chose them for a variety of reasons.

I will give the specifics on each character, but generally they are only allowed to use such powers that are directly involved in hand-to-hand combat, such as speed/strength/regeneration etc.

Choose the winner of each first-round fight, then choose the winners of the women who move up to the second round  fights, and so on.  The last one standing is the winner.

WHO WINS EACH BATTLE?

The battles take place in Washington Square Park in New York City.  Each battle has a starting distance of 10'.

Win by any means. Each participant is completely rested and healed before each new battle. Morals off, but otherwise in character. 

I should note that this is a pretty big field and I don't expect everyone to know all the characters in detail.  Please feel free to guess when necessary.  It is a lot more interesting to have several partially-confident comments than 1 or 2 perfectly-knowledgable comments.

Versions:

Unless otherwise noted, the characters are current/most recent living version.  For DC, this means they are New52 versions, but feel free to use pre-52 feats when there are few new-52 feats.

Ravager is Rose Wilson and can use her precog in addition to her strength etc.  Menace is standard.  Buffy is standard comics version but can use TV feats.  Shaak Ti, Ahsoka, Asajj Ventress, and Aayla Secura are EU, at their most skilled point, and can use the Force to enhance their physical stats and for precog, but not for anything else.  Arana, May Parker, Jessica Drew, and Madame Web can use their spider strength, speed, agility, wall-crawling powers, and spider-sense/other precog, but not pheromones, energy blasts, webs, flight, etc.  Madame Web is Julia Carpenter in her recent standard version.  Arclight can't use her shock power.    Volcana is in her rock form and cannot change to her fire or ash forms.  Brun is in her undead Disir mode, but the curse that keeps her from dying is not in effect. Vampirella has only her H2H-related powers.  Sharon Ventura is in her original human, Power-Broker-enhanced version.  Dani Moonstar is in valkyrie mode.  bis standard (pre-All-New X-Men) and in her diamond form; she cannot switch to human, and cannot use her other powers.  Jubilee is in her vampire form.  Sif does not have her recent berzerker madness power.  Monet St. Croix ("M") cannot fly or use her telepathic powers.

Weapons:

Every woman has the option of fighting unarmed, or with a pair of katanas.  For the purposes of this battle, the katanas are uru and can't be melted by lightsabers.  Some women may also use their standard personal weapons, as listed here (or they may choose to use the katanas instead).

Lady Deathstrike: can use her claws.  Ravager: can use a promethium sword and staff.  Menace: can use 3 razor-bats for throwing.  Buffy: can use wood stakes.  Valkyrie: can use Dragonfang.  Shaak Ti, Ahsoka, Asajj Ventress, and Aayla Secura: can use 1 or 2 lightsabers each, as normally equipped.  Tigra: can use claws.  Brun: can use her own longsword.  T-X Terminator: can only use her form to create hand to hand weapons--NO GUNSAndromeda: can use trident.  Poundcakes: can NOT use tremor-boots.  X-23: can use claws.  Dani Moonstar: can use her magic sword and armor.  Sif: can use a longsword and spear.  Sabra: has none of her normal tech/weapons.

No one has any extra equipment other than what is listed.

The Bracket:

Lady Deathstrike

Ravager

Menace

Buffy

Valkyrie

Shaak Ti

Arana

Tigra

Arclight

Volcana

Brun

Vampirella

T-X Terminator

Asajj Ventress

Spider-Girl (May Parker)

Andromeda

Jessica Drew

Poundcakes

Sharon Ventura

Emma Frost (diamond form)

Ahsoka

X-23

Dani as a Valkyrie

Monet St. Croix

Medusa

Anaconda

Jubilee

Madame Web

Sif

Sabra

Aayla Secura

Zealot

Here's a list of the first round (with links) so you can just copy/paste it into your post

You'll have to write them out as you answer each round after the first one. Please do answer each round if possible.  Thanks for your comments!
Lady Deathstrike vs Ravager
Menace vs Buffy (see here also)
Valkyrie vs Shaak Ti
Arana vs Tigra
Arclight vs Volcana
Brun vs Vampirella
T-X Terminator vs Asajj Ventress
May Parker vs Andromeda
Jessica Drew vs Poundcakes
Sharon Ventura vs Emma Frost
Ahsoka vs X-23
Dani Moonstar vs Monet St. Croix
Medusa vs Anaconda
Jubilee vs Julia Carpenter
Sif vs Sabra
Aayla Secura vs Zealot

#2 Posted by Owie (3765 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, I guess I'll go first again and see what people think of my results.

To me, the biggest question is, will the Final Four be all the Star Wars ladies due to their high speed?  I have a feeling it might, but then again I always surprise myself when I actually go through the battles.  Let's see.

Winners are in bold.

ROUND 1
Lady Deathstrike vs Ravager: Both have healing factors (Deathstrike's is probably better) and superhuman agility and strength.  Both are highly skilled.  Rose has precog.  Deathstrike has adamantium bones.  This could go either way to me.  I was originally going to say Rose, but I'm going with Deathstrike due to her superior healing factor.
Menace vs Buffy: Both have a degree of extra durability.  I think Menace is probably a decent amount stronger than Buffy, but Buffy is still superhuman in her strength.  Buffy is probably faster and more agile.  Buffy is also much more skilled as a fighter.  Still, Menace did well against Spidey and Norman, and I believe even a weakened Ms. Marvel.  I could see this going either way, but I'm giving it to Buffy due to speed and skill and a longer history of feats.
Valkyrie vs Shaak Ti: This fight has two of the toughest warriors.  Shaak Ti, like the other Star Wars characters, is able to be amazingly fast when using the Force to amp herself.  Val is not often portrayed as being that fast, but she has been able to spin her sword so fast in a circle that she has deflected machine gun bullets and even blasts of fire.  So I think we can to a degree infer that she can also move fast as well.  Val and Shaak To are both highly skilled.  Val is one of the most skilled fighters in Asgard, and Shaak Ti is among the most skilled Jedi.  Val is probably stronger than Shaak Ti by a fair amount, even when Shaak Ti is amping herself.  Shaak Ti's precog will help her.  Ultimately, I think Shaak Ti wins this through superior speed and agility, with a bonus from her precog.
Arana vs Tigra: Arana is faster and more agile, but I'm giving this to Tigra due to her greater fighting experience and ferocity.
Arclight vs Volcana: They're about the same strength, 50 tons.  Arclight is more of a skilled and experienced fighter and much more hard-core.  But Volcana does actually have a few wins under her belt.  She proved herself to be tough in defending Owen Reece when he was injured in Secret Wars I, and later stalemated Wizard, beat a weakened Moonstone, and beat some of Klaw's sonic creations.  She is also way more durable in her stone form than Arclight.  I'd give it to Arclight due to her greater experience as a fighter.
Brun vs Vampirella: I think Brun has the greater skill and speed, and will take this.
T-X Terminator vs Asajj Ventress: This is a tough fight.  To a degree, this might be likened to a Jedi/General Grievous fight.  However I don't think the T-X is quite as fast as Grievous.  They will both be able to fight with 2 weapons.  Asajj will have the speed advantage, while the T-X will have the durability advantage by far.  I know there are a lot of TX fans out there who will argue for her, but I think Asajj's lightsabers will ultimately cut the T-X to pieces.
May Parker vs Andromeda: As much as I like Andromeda, I think May will win through superior agility.
Jessica Drew vs Poundcakes: Poundcakes is quite a bit stronger than Jessica, but on the other hand, the strength difference isn't nearly as much as when Peter Parker fights Rhino.  Poundcakes is a skilled wrestler, but Jessica is a skilled martial artist.  I think it will be tough for her, but I think Jessica will win.
Sharon Ventura vs Emma Frost: I may get some smack for this, but I think Sharon is the more skilled fighter.  She's used to fighting hand to hand, first as a professional wrestler, then in the FF and as a solo heroine.  Fighting hand to hand is her standard metier.  Emma has X-Men fighting training, but she doesn't rely on H2H as much.  Her diamond form is more durable than Sharon's by far.  But Sharon is stronger--15 tons, as opposed to the estimates I've seen of Emma being around 2 tons.  Sharon is also more agile.  I'm not sure what kind of damage Emma can take in a fight in her diamond form; it's possible Sharon couldn't break her.  But I do think Sharon would be able to get her in a wrestling hold and win through incapacitation.
Ahsoka vs X-23: A tough match.  X-23 is fast and agile, but not as fast and agile as Ahsoka.  X-23 is more skilled, and has an excellent healing factor, but I don't think she'd be able to deal with lightsaber wounds quickly.  On the other hand, if Ahsoka took any hits from X-23, she'd be down for the count.  Ahsoka is also getting much more skilled than she used to be.  I saw an episode the other day where she fought Grievous again, and did well against him.  I'm going to go against my better judgement to an extent here, which says Ahsoka's speed gives her the win; I just think X-23 is a smarter fighter.  If she can tank a few lightsaber cuts, but get close enough to stab Ahsoka, then she wins.  (If I compare this to Val vs Asajj, the difference is that Val and Asajj are both smart fighters, while Ahsoka is still more emotional.)
Dani Moonstar vs Monet St. Croix: Monet is faster and more durable and has a healing factor, but Dani is probably stronger in her valkyrie form, and her armor is solid.  I think her magic sword will enable her to hurt Monet.  I don't know how skilled a fighter M is, but Dani is pretty good.  It could go either way.  I'm giving it to Dani.
Medusa vs Anaconda: Anaconda's arms are far stronger than Medusa's hair; she has held Colossus in place.  But Medusa is probably a more skilled fighter and her hair can attack from more than 2 directions, and is more dextrous.  I'm going to say Medusa in a close one.
Jubilee vs Julia Carpenter: Jubilee has a pretty good healing factor/level of durability now, taking a katana in the belly.  And she was an Olympic-level athlete even before becoming a vampire.  But Julia is faster and stronger and probably more skilled, although Jubilee has a lot of training by now.  Plus her precog will be a help.  Julia was able to do well against Spidey when he had spidey-fu and no spidey-sense.  I'm going to say Julia takes this fairly well.
Sif vs Sabra : Sabra is a good enough fighter to go up against the Hulk, and is stronger than Sif by many tons (50 to 30).  She's also pretty skilled.  But Sif is a top dog sword fighter, and probably faster.  I think she takes this.
Aayla Secura vs Zealot : I haven't read any Zealot comics myself.  I understand that she's supposed to be a real master of swordfighting.  Secura is also, but I think Zealot may be more so.  Secura is faster though.  Ultimately, I could be persuaded to go with Zealot, because I don't think Aayla is as good a fighter as Shaak Ti or Ventress, while Zealot is skilled enough to take advantage of any opportunity.  But I think Secura's speed will give her the slight edge.

ROUND 2:
 Deathstrike vs Buffy: Buffy and Deathstrike are probably about equal in strength and speed.  Deathstrike is probably more skilled, but more important her healing factor is way better.  Deathstrike wins.
Shaak Ti vs Tigra: Shaak Ti by a landslide.
Arclight vs Brun: Arclight is way stronger, but Brun and the Disir were considered dangerous by all the Asgardians (although Loki did solo all of them).  They're extremely fast and she took out one of Mephisto's best demons.  Brun wins easily.
Asajj vs May Parker: This is kind of close.  May probably has similar speed and agility, and her spider-sense is better than Asajj's force sense in direct combat.  But Asajj is a more skilled fighter and eventually wins.
Jessica Drew vs Sharon Ventura: Jessica is way faster and more agile, and close in strength.  Sharon is definitely more durable.  Spider-Woman is a better fighter.  Jessica wins after a decent fight.
X-23 vs Dani: X-23 can probably win out over Dani's superior strength through her speed and skill advantage.
Medusa vs Julia Carpenter: Medusa has actually won some decent fights, but with Julia's precog to help her escape the hair, and her far, far greater strength and speed (she is stronger than Medusa's hair by a fair amount), Julia will win.
Sif vs Aayla: Similar to the Val/Shaak Ti fight, except that I don't think Aayla is as good as Shaak Ti, and Sif hasn't shown the speed feats that Val has.  Sif has a strength advantage that Zealot didn't, but may actually not be as skilled (again I'm basing this on Zealot's rep, not direct knowledge).  I think Aayla will win eventually, but not easily.

ROUND 3:
Deathstrike vs Shaak Ti: somewhat similar to the earlier X-23 vs Ahsoka, except that Shaak Ti is a much better fighter than Ahsoka.  I'm giving Shaak Ti the win, although it will be tough to put Deathstrike down.
Brun vs Asajj: This could go either way.  The Disir can be extremely fast, and are totally ruthless.  Again this is similar to Val/Shaak Ti and Sif/Secura, but I think Brun is better than either of her fellow Asgardians.  I'm giving her the eventual win.
Jessica Drew vs X-23: X-23 takes this through her healing factor and skill.
Julia Carpenter vs Aayla Secura: Julia's precog is superior, and her speed and agility are probably about equal to Aayla's, maybe a little less.  Aayla is more skilled a fighter, and her lightsaber would take Julia down in one hit.  But Julia is a decent fighter.  I could go either way here.  I guess I'm going with Aayla in the end.

ROUND 4:
Shaak Ti vs Brun: To me, these are probably the two toughest fighters.  I'm going to say Shaak Ti wins, but it is very, very close.
X-23 vs Aayla Secura: I could see X-23 winning here, but I think Aayla will ultimately win where Ahsoka couldn't.

FINAL ROUND:
Shaak Ti vs Aayla Secura: Shaak Ti.

#3 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

I have feats and such for Shaak Ti should others need it.

#4 Posted by Owie (3765 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower said:

Out of the Star Wars women, the one I've got the least sense of her fighting ability is Aayla Secura.  How would you characterize her skills in relation to other Jedi/Star Wars characters?  And would you basically agree that out of the 4 in this bracket, Shaak Ti is the best fighter, followed by Ventress, followed by Secura, followed by Ahsoka, or would you put them in a different order?
#5 Posted by robertloucksjr (1754 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkerie. 45 tonner, magic sword, Asgardian speed/endurance/healing factor, millenia of battle experience, and, to top it all off, boob armor.

#6 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

I want pound cakes to win due to the name. I'll try to get to this battle this weekend and put my 2 cents in.

#7 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@Owie said:

@Strafe Prower said:

Out of the Star Wars women, the one I've got the least sense of her fighting ability is Aayla Secura. How would you characterize her skills in relation to other Jedi/Star Wars characters? And would you basically agree that out of the 4 in this bracket, Shaak Ti is the best fighter, followed by Ventress, followed by Secura, followed by Ahsoka, or would you put them in a different order?

Aayla is a good fighter, even great at what she does. With that said, She isn't as good as Shaak Ti or Ventress. I agree with that order as well!

#8 Edited by Owie (3765 posts) - - Show Bio
@robertloucksjr said:

Valkerie. 45 tonner, magic sword, Asgardian speed/endurance/healing factor, millenia of battle experience, and, to top it all off, boob armor.

No doubt that Val is one of the top people here.  The big question to me is, is she fast enough to compete with the Jedi/Sith?  Of course Val has a degree of super speed, especially with her hands, but Jedi can increase their speed and agility to levels that I would say are above Spider-Man, and can increase their functional strength as well.  So think of it this way--could Val tag someone moving faster than, and more agile than, Spider-Man, who simultaneously is also a top-level swordfighter, and has a level of precognition?  There's a video or two I could link to if you want.

@Strafe Prower said:

@Owie said:

@Strafe Prower said:

Out of the Star Wars women, the one I've got the least sense of her fighting ability is Aayla Secura. How would you characterize her skills in relation to other Jedi/Star Wars characters? And would you basically agree that out of the 4 in this bracket, Shaak Ti is the best fighter, followed by Ventress, followed by Secura, followed by Ahsoka, or would you put them in a different order?

Aayla is a good fighter, even great at what she does. With that said, She isn't as good as Shaak Ti or Ventress. I agree with that order as well!

Thanks.  Good to get confirmation on that.
#9 Posted by robertloucksjr (1754 posts) - - Show Bio

@Owie: I don't know. A regular Asgardian should be faster and more agile than a peak human and Valkyrie should be well above that. A Valkyrie would spend her time fighting foes way above humans - trolls/giants/dark elves/Hela's hordes. Dark elves possess gifted intellects, as well as superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, agility, and reflexes.

Could a Jedi could block a sword thrust /slash from a 45 tonner?

#10 Posted by Owie (3765 posts) - - Show Bio

@robertloucksjr said:

@Owie: I don't know. A regular Asgardian should be faster and more agile than a peak human and Valkyrie should be well above that. A Valkyrie would spend her time fighting foes way above humans - trolls/giants/dark elves/Hela's hordes. Dark elves possess gifted intellects, as well as superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, agility, and reflexes.

Could a Jedi could block a sword thrust /slash from a 45 tonner?

Granted that she's faster than a human. I noted far above that I've seen her block a hail of bullets and even fire blasts by whirling her sword around in a circle. So she's very fast. But is she supra-Spider-Man fast? I've never seen that.

A Jedi might possibly be able to block that, yes. But the more important point might be, could Shaak Ti (her first opponent) simply dodge Val's strikes, dancing around them. or even strike Val before Val even got a chance to strike?

#11 Posted by Owie (3765 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumpadoo.

Any other takers?  It seems to me one of the big questions here is whether the various spider-women (May Parker, Jessica Drew, Arana, and Julia Carpenter) are fast and strong enough to contend with the speed and skill of the various force-users (Shaak Ti, Ventress, Ahsoka, and Aayla Secura), and whether they in turn can deal with the strength, speed, and skill of the various Asgardians (Valkyrie, Brun the Disir, Dani Moonstar as a valkyrie, and Sif).  I think these are pretty up-in-the-air questions.