#1 Posted by k4tzm4n (34906 posts) - - Show Bio

Who: The Thing & Wolverine versus Aquman (New 52) & Black Manta

Where: Begin 50 feet away from the water. Conditions as seen below.

What:

• Standard gear.
  • In character.
  • Random encounter.
  • Begin 20 feet apart.
  • Standard elimination rules apply.
  • Apologies if this isn't as balanced as I'm hoping it is. I tend to keep it street level.
#2 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know anything about Black Manta

#3 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

You know his name.

#4 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn: I know he has a funny helmet.
#5 Posted by Saren (25067 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Arthur or Manta have the feats yet to take a straight majority over either Logan or Ben. Their best chance would be either BFR via Arthur's shark trick or the teleportation amulet Manta stole from Ya'wara.

Moderator Online
#6 Edited by k4tzm4n (34906 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Pre-N52 feats are applicable for Manta.

Also, seeing as he stole that in the latest issue I'm not going to consider it standard gear.

#7 Posted by Saren (25067 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Great, my pre-N52 Manta knowledge is basically nil. This is the only feat I remember from him:

Moderator Online
#8 Posted by k4tzm4n (34906 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Hah. I was under the impression there have been many power levels for Arthur over the years, so I figured limiting him to the current version would be best (even though we're only on issue 10).

#9 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-52 Aquaman and BM would win but it's to early in for Aquaman so the win goes to comics beats baseball duo

#10 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman still looks pretty strong to me, and is closer to sea, i think he could take wolverine out rather easily.

#11 Posted by Mad8Baller (494 posts) - - Show Bio

What can new 52 Aquaman do?
I know that pre 52 Aquaman could probably just drain all the water from Wolverine and he can carry  like a whole freaking building from underwater and like push it back to the surface.
Iono how much water is in the Thing and I'm guessing the Thing has equal str to pre 52 Aquaman.
As for Manta, isn't he basically just Cyclops with superhuman str?

#12 Posted by k4tzm4n (34906 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mad8Baller: I think there's actually a N52 Aquaman respect thread floating around.

#13 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

Going off both New52, I'm going with Team 1. Unless Black Manta has anything that's really interesting from Pre-New52.

#14 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

Same here.

I think Aquaman could take Wolverine, but I don't know if Black Manta would be able to hold Thing of long enough. Good fight!!!

#15 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Team One because Aquaman is 50 feet away from water. (which is a lot farther than you think) If he was duking it out with Wolverine and Thing, he would become dehydrated in a while, and if he returns in the water, Black Manta would be overwhelmed by Thing and Wolverine, and I doubt Pre-52 Aquaman could solo Wolverine and Thing.

#16 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Aquaman alone could win this he would kill Wolvie with ease then it would be straight two on one and Ben cant handle them both solo.. Just my opinion..

#17 Posted by k4tzm4n (34906 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

I say Team One because Aquaman is 50 feet away from water. (which is a lot farther than you think) If he was duking it out with Wolverine and Thing, he would become dehydrated in a while, and if he returns in the water, Black Manta would be overwhelmed by Thing and Wolverine, and I doubt Pre-52 Aquaman could solo Wolverine and Thing.

He can make that distance in a single leap, not to mention the likes of Thing could knock him that far with a single strike. I agree it's not close, but it's hardly out of their range either.

#18 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

He can make that distance in a single leap, not to mention the likes of Thing could knock him that far with a single strike. I agree it's not close, but it's hardly out of their range either.

True. But a minute or so is enough for Thing and Wolverine both to overpower Black Manta

#19 Edited by k4tzm4n (34906 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: I somehow doubt he'll just bail on the match immediately to take a dip. But on the flip side, even if he were to, Manta is the only character with powerful ranged attacks. That could be a big benefit right off the bat.

#20 Posted by Nefarious (22887 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 should win. Aquaman would stomp Wolverine. I think Black Manta can beat the Thing.

#21 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: That is true...

I think Thing and Wolverine could both tank his long range attacks though. (maybe thrown off a bit by it but no major damage)

If Wolverine gets close to any of them though, he would deal the most damage. Aquaman could fend off Thing and Black Manta could hold Thing/Wolverine off with his range attacks, so I guess Team Two has an upper hand.

#22 Posted by k4tzm4n (34906 posts) - - Show Bio

Giving this a bump now that we've seen more from team DCnU.