Wolverine/Captain America VS Durge/Asajj Ventress

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Begin 30 feet apart. Only have access to surface level.

Rules:

-Wolverine and Captain America have basic knowledge of their foes (to the same degree a handbook entry would provide in regards to powers / physical abilities / talents).

-Random encounter.

-Standard gear for all.

-Ventress cannot use force powers.

-Standard elimination rules apply (being knocked off counts as BFR since the ship is in motion).

VS

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jeanroygrant

Bump.

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheBatman586

From what I've heard, Durge would be able to solo.

Recoil1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Recoil1985

@TheBatman586: The location means he can lose by falling off the ship, which is something I see as possible considering the rules means the Marvel characters know of his difficult healing factor. In spite of this, I can absolutely see Wolverine or Captain America being able to keep him occupied for some time, however, more-so Wolverine.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Silver2467
@Recoil1985 said:

In spite of this, I can absolutely see Wolverine or Captain America being able to keep him occupied for some time, however, more-so Wolverine.

Wolverine or Cap can occupy a character who can stand in lava unharmed, tank blaster bolts, regenerate limbs, withstand having a hole drilled straight through his head, casually lift speeders, view them moving in slow motion, and fire off all sorts of projectile weapons? 

Honestly, I usually approve of k4tz's creativeness, but this is rather imbalanced. Ventress alone could just TK both off the ship at once or all at once kill Cap instantly by the same method. Even without that, she is faster than either one, can easily one-shot Cap with her blades, is telekinetically powerful enough to throw trees/stone pillars/etc., and so on. Durge, as I described above, is no less formidable than she is.
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheBatman586
@Recoil1985
This is a repost from a Midnighter vs Durge thread I made a while back (keep in mind that Midnighter is physically superior to both Cap and Wolverine). This is what Silver2467 (who, besides JediXMan, is the go-to guy for all things Star Wars) said:
Unless Midnighter has access to fairly powerful tasers or other electrical weapons and/or heavy amounts of explosives, he has no real method of winning. Physical force is more or less useless, and slash wounds are temporary. Even with electrical and explosive damage, Midnighter would need to keep up the pressure. While he can defeat him with those type of weapons, if he grants Durge an opportunity to heal, it would make no difference. Durge may have some difficulty tagging Midnighter (particularly because of his battle computer/precog and speed), but he has managed to successfully pummel several Jedi, all of whom have super speed (at different levels depending on the individual character). His range with his weaponry, his tendrils/tentacles, and his own super speed (Durge has said that everything moves in slow motion to him and has matched Jedi's speed before) should be sufficient. As for strength, Durge has the edge in this area. He lifted an AT-TE on one side and punched Grievous with enough force to send his flying through two statues. All in all, with Durge's combination of weaponry, physical power, and near impossibility to kill with blunt/bladed weapons/attacks, he should win.
Keep in mind that Ventress is also in this fight, and I'm pretty sure she has TK, which she could use to just throw both her opponents off the ship and into the water. 
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Strider1992

@TheBatman586 said:

Keep in mind that Ventress is also in this fight, and I'm pretty sure she has TK, which she could use to just throw both her opponents off the ship and into the water.

This what I was thinking. The other team has no way to counter this do they?

She could win quite easily by using TK to BFR them.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Silver2467

^As I recall, I posted that to goad Buckshot into a debate, and the reason I point that out is because I have no idea whether Durge can beat Midnighter or not (not too knowledgeable on Midnighter). But it does provide a decent explanation of Durge's abilities.

Recoil1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Recoil1985

@Silver2467: I said "occupy," not defeat. That simply means I believe Cap and/or Wolverine hold the potential to keep Durge busy, and having read his comic appearances (though I confess I haven't read his novel appearances), I fail to see how that would be false. Never did I say or even imply they'd beat him, only that they have the means to keep him busy.

@TheBatman586: See above. I never said a thing about Ventress, only remarked on your comment saying he'd solo. Could he? Certainly, but I think with the way the rules are set out for us, they'd be able to send him overboard eventually.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Silver2467: Whoops, I left out "no force powers." Obviously she keeps them for physicals, but using it for TK isn't allowed.

Regardless, I just wanted to use this image and I thought placing them against two immensely popular characters would be a good means to get them more attention. I figured if Maul vs Wolverine held such a heated debate, the same could hold true for Ventress. Durge was really the tricky one due to his durability / healing factor, so that's why I tried to arrange it in a matter that made him defeatable.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Silver2467
@Recoil1985  said: 

@Silver2467: I said "occupy," not defeat. That simply means I believe Cap and/or Wolverine hold the potential to keep Durge busy, and having read his comic appearances (though I confess I haven't read his novel appearances), I fail to see how that would be false. Never did I say or even imply they'd beat him, only that they have the means to keep him busy.

And "occupy" him is all I responded to. Cap certainly is not occupying him for long, given Durge's physicality and weaponry, and Wolverine, even with his damage soak, would have difficulty with the same.    

@k4tzm4n  said: 

@Silver2467: Whoops, I left out "no force powers." Obviously she keeps them for physicals, but using it for TK isn't allowed.

Regardless, I just wanted to use this image and I thought placing them against two immensely popular characters would be a good means to get them more attention. I figured if Maul vs Wolverine held such a heated debate, the same could hold true for Ventress. Durge was really the tricky one due to his durability / healing factor, so that's why I tried to arrange it in a matter that made him defeatable.

Well, this is a step in the right direction. I am still absolutely confident in her ability to handle Cap, however. She still retains a noticeable speed edge, both over him and Logan for that matter. Wolverine, sure he has a better chance because he can hold out longer.
Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Team 2 murder stomps. Cap is the weak link here. Also Asajj could solo this.