Wolverine vs Thor (Boxing Match)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@experio: Go ahead and try and contradict the fact that whenever a speed blitz occurs, it always looks like this

Like this when the character is obviously moving their limbs at high speeds

No Caption Provided

Or their entire body is moving at superhuman speeds so it appears as if they are in multiple places at once

No Caption Provided

Or hell just a straight line blur of motion at the target

No Caption Provided

Thor's 'blitz' on Loki was not structured like this at all. It was clearly a straight, slow beatdown which is unsurprising given Thor's slow combat speed.

I'm done debating this and I won't derail this thread which is about a boxing match, which Wolverine wins due to greater fighting skill and better feats. Feel free to get the last word in.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#152  Edited By TDK_1997

@experio: I don't have any scans of speed feats of Wolverine or any feats for Logan at all.But I think @god_spawn may provide you some.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By Experio

@lvenger:

You think moving in blur is the only way to show blitz? You clearly have no idea of many methods. Smoking fists being shown right after punching...kneeing....elbowing in numerous graphs aside is a good enough indication, aura had nothing to do with it. My advice:

Try not to not to make up an excuse for feats:

A) Your not sure about

B) You just don't like

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@experio: I don't have any scans of speed feats of Wolverine or any feats for Logan at all.But I think @god_spawn may provide you some.

No worries.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Lvenger

@experio: I've already proven I know plenty about Thor and now I'll debunk part B

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/lvenger/lists/my-100-favourite-superheroes/17520

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/lvenger/lists/my-pull-list/17610

It's funny and yet extremely typical that you resort to the "You obviously hate Thor" trick when the opposite could not be more true. I love Thor, he's my 4th favourite superhero and my 2nd favourite Marvel character. So please try to not make utterly false assertions about preferences you could never predict. If I ever did know you as you claim I did, I must have made a very poor choice in talking to you since these past two experiences have not been enjoyable at all.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@experio said:

@theamazingimmortalman:

Exactly my point, its over-ally a sign of underestimation and what you can expect from your opponent. Morals on effects the opposing side not defensive - a reason to why Logan was wondering. Thor's speed will at top notch and a great case of comparison to their past encounter.

Check page 2 for Thor combat speed, it outclasses what you have brought.

yes but what is he gonna do keep punching Logan and try to win by points till the match is over,? you mean to tell me that over 48 minutes Logan is not gonna be able to touch Thor? if so you are severely underestimating Wolverine. It only takes one punch and Thor is down for the count as soon as eats that adamantium fist.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@theamazingimmortalman:

Exactly my point, its over-ally a sign of underestimation and what you can expect from your opponent. Morals on effects the opposing side not defensive - a reason to why Logan was wondering. Thor's speed will at top notch and a great case of comparison to their past encounter.

yes but what is he gonna do keep punching Logan and try to win by points till the match is over,? you mean to tell me that over 48 minutes Logan is not gonna be able to touch Thor? if so you are severely underestimating Wolverine. It only takes one punch and Thor is down for the count as soon as eats that adamantium fist.

Won't Wolverine be wearing boxing gloves? Or is this bare knuckle boxing?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

Your unpredictable, Thor is one of your favorite characters, then why make the aura instance up? I could only understand if you misinterpreted which still doesn't give a reason to continue with the accusation that have no evidence behind them. Your judgment is moderately approvable, yet varying simultaneously.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Experio

@theamazingimmortalman:

It wasnt clarified whether they would have time after each round but that would be a much easier win for Thor to gain victory through points, and if it were going on for 48mins Thor's stamina(which was not depowered) can last for months without rest or sustenance. So he could keep at it until Logans down.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Kingant27

Thor wins due to experience through fighting for thousands of years. Also just because Thor hasn't really shown a specific fighting type its because he relies on his hammer, but now that he can go all out he would use hand to hand combat skills of an asgardian and what he has picked up through his thousands of years. And not mention he only just lost to Hercules in a hand to hand fight, where someone like Wolverine would have no chance, even with his claws. But a good match up.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By jashro44

@experio said:

@jashro44: Thor saying 'too fast' is a complement not an indication of Wolverine being faster than himself, its based on what he thoughts were on Wolverines speed.

Exactly. He thought wolverine was too fast because wolverine was dancing around him....I don't see how else you can interpret it.

@experio said:

@jashro44: And 'finest blows' can ordinarily be interpreted as best but even then isn't is sub organized through stats so I don't see the point in that matter. Thor being morals in that instance is a great contribution to the fact it will not go like that because his morals off here - his speed will be presented to its best and not hold back for the sake of harsh impacts against guys like Wolverine.

There is only one other word finest could mean it this context to my knowledge and that word is best. I agree thor won't holdback but when thor is saying that wolverine is too fast then...Wolverine is too fast for thor. I don't really know how else i can say it.

Also let me ask you this, if thor is so much faster then wolverine as you claim then why did he state he had to switch tactics against him? And why didn't he effortlessly dodge wolverine? Thor admitted his asgardian flesh wouldn't last forever so obviously he saw the claws as a threat which needed to be avoided.

@experio said:

@jashro44:

Concerning the other instances:

1.I don't remember the power gem increasing his speed since Thor stated himself to be as fast as lightning with his encounter against Hela. But I brought this instance up instead due to the fact people would instantaneously claim his 'exaggerating'.

2. Why isn't it impressive?

3. Funny thing, lvenger also said the same thing in which I had to high-light the little pics with black lines, The proof is on the scan, if you look at the bottom left of the first scan Thor is punching and elbowing Loki who does not have the energy aura at the until he stops the blitzing. If you want me to add lines as well, ask.

1. The power gem does vary in power depending on the user but considering it lets the user manipulate all forms of energy its not much of a stretch that it is amping there speed considering there are energies in the marvel universe which do amp energy. I also find it convent that both thor and thanos best speed feats are with the power gem.

2. Because he has no feats of speed. Wolverine is someone who has fought sabre tooth at such speeds that psylocke stated she can't see them. Psylocke has feats like deflecting gun fire and stuff too, for wolverine to fight at that level of speed is way more impressive then blitzing hemdail. Another impressive blitzing feat wolverine has would be this:

Read the dialogue to get an understanding of how fast this person is...
Read the dialogue to get an understanding of how fast this person is...
Wolverine still kills her so fast that she doesn't even realize she's dead.
Wolverine still kills her so fast that she doesn't even realize she's dead.

3. So? Iron man also wasn't smouldering until the green aura surrounding him was gone.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Again without a statement that thor did that on raw speed I simply cannot acknowledge it.

4. No problem.

Gorgon prior to his fight with wolverine was having conversations with elektra faster then the speed of thought and was deflecting bullets with ease. All though if you need more I also brought up spider-man questioning his speed with wolverine. Spider-man even states he wasn't holding back. I am willing to say spider-man has better feats then thor does honestly.

And even if you do prove thor is faster then wolverine you still have to address this:

@jashro44 said:

Oh and also if we are being realistic thor breaks his hand punching wolverine with out his super human durability. Considering Kaine nearly did and the fact he is durable enough to jump on a van and send the driver hurling out to die and land unharmed, and the fact kaine can tank hits from a bloodlusted spider-man

No Caption Provided

Wolverine stands completely still and lets thor beat himself up.

He can't beat wolverine if his hands break.

@lvenger said:

@jashro44 The microsecond feat is a one off classic feat that doesn't resemble his current record of getting chumped by street levellers. Thus it can be ignored in favour of his more consistent showings. Which involve getting tagged and shown up by street levellers on a regular basis. And from my perspective, there's more evidence that Thor's hands were smoking from the green barrier rather than a speed blitz. The so called 'speed blitz' wasn't even drawn in the same way that comic book speed blitzes happen on panel so I feel that debunks any notion of Thor blitzing in that scan.

I agree with you that old showings from years ago should be discounted but I will acknowledge it for now because I think wolverine beats him regardless. Even if thor is faster its not to the point where wolverine skill can't compensate. As for the blitzing loki scan see my post and I have scans of iron man smouldering after he is blasted with the green aura (he only starts smoking when the aura is gone). I assume the same applies to thor and his fists.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins due to experience through fighting for thousands of years. Also just because Thor hasn't really shown a specific fighting type its because he relies on his hammer, but now that he can go all out he would use hand to hand combat skills of an asgardian and what he has picked up through his thousands of years. And not mention he only just lost to Hercules in a hand to hand fight, where someone like Wolverine would have no chance, even with his claws. But a good match up.

Wolverine has actually curb stomped hercules before IIRC.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Experio

@jashro44: Your text is bolded

Exactly. He thought wolverine was too fast because wolverine was dancing around him....I don't see how else you can interpret it. There is only one other word finest could mean it this context to my knowledge and that word is best. I agree thor won't holdback but when thor is saying that wolverine is too fast then...Wolverine is too fast for thor. I don't really know how else i can say it.

Also let me ask you this, if thor is so much faster then wolverine as you claim then why did he state he had to switch tactics against him? And why didn't he effortlessly dodge wolverine? Thor admitted his asgardian flesh wouldn't last forever so obviously he saw the claws as a threat which needed to be avoided.

You simply repeated what I have stated, Thor was indeed underestimating Wolverine cause based on his perspective, he wasn't that fast, and stating 'Too fast' in nothing more than a compliment. As on the same page he grabs and tosses him. Why would Thor switch tactic? Wolverine has speed dodge a Mjolnir swing, if Thor is doing damage verbally then the only possible way would to exceed his durability - by increasing speed - resulting in hard impact, so he has to keep it on average scale but the line would be the place were Logan 'does' have the speed to dodge. On the other hand if he does, the attack would prove to be devastating for him to handle. Thor's only chose was to gain distance and go from there. But the instance didn't prove him to be faster

1. The power gem does vary in power depending on the user but considering it lets the user manipulate all forms of energy its not much of a stretch that it is amping there speed considering there are energies in the marvel universe which do amp energy. I also find it convent that both thor and thanos best speed feats are with the power gem.

1. I agree it does amp, but speed is the last stat thought of when it comes to energy, strength and power have the highest capability.

2. Because he has no feats of speed. Wolverine is someone who has fought sabre tooth at such speeds that psylocke stated she can't see them. Psylocke has feats like deflecting gun fire and stuff too, for wolverine to fight at that level of speed is way more impressive then blitzing hemdail. Another impressive blitzing feat wolverine has would be this:

2. The idea of the Heimdall scan was look at the context, but the feat you just posted outclasses it. Its about time someone posted scans of his speed, but its not over-ally on your side yet.

3. So? Iron man also wasn't smouldering until the green aura surrounding him was gone

3. The scan shows Iron man getting hit with Mjolnir (with green aura, then falling down with the (green aura), once again flying back (without the aura) so what exactly is this suppose to prove? Unless there are other scans you forgot to post? Thor was not hitting the aura at all when he attack Loki, it was his fist (nothing else) connecting with Loki and continuously moving for Fenrir at the same time that. If you still think its the aura then you will have no problem showing me Thor punching Loki whose covered with t in the position his getting hit from, if not then there's no point in arguing for the cause.

He hits Logan with speed that will add damage the harder you punch, the severe pain received would healed instantly since Thor's healing factor is still intact. Another possible way he can win is through points since its a boxing match.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In this scenario, Wolverine takes it easily

TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309 said:

@theamazingimmortalman said:

@experio said:

@theamazingimmortalman:

Won't Wolverine be wearing boxing gloves? Or is this bare knuckle boxing?

I doubt the gloves could pad his fist enough to no feel the ady skeleton

@experio said:

@theamazingimmortalman:

It wasnt clarified whether they would have time after each round but that would be a much easier win for Thor to gain victory through points, and if it were going on for 48mins Thor's stamina(which was not depowered) can last for months without rest or sustenance. So he could keep at it until Logans down.

So you think a regular guy could take a punch from an Adamantium fist and not be at least severely hurt?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingimmortalman: His not a regular human, his strength and durability has just been depowered. Don't imagine him to a skinny weak guy with little to no striking force lol

The battle shouldn't reach the point were he gets tagged and knocked out, one hit from Wolverine and its over for Thor. Wolverines only problem is getting that hit, and considering its only hand to hand with no distractions, it would be impossible without superior speed or little speed difference between them. Especially when Thor wont get tired of dodging.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Wolverine wins handily.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#168 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I find it really strange that people think Thor's speed is above street level.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

Wolverine wins handily.

Naw bruh, Thor's thousands of years of experience for the win.

Thousands of years of experience.

Shows none of it in battle.

Scumbag Thor.

TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@theamazingimmortalman: His not a regular human, his strength and durability has just been depowered. Don't imagine him to a skinny weak guy with little to no striking force lol

The battle shouldn't reach the point were he gets tagged and knocked out, one hit from Wolverine and its over for Thor. Wolverines only problem is getting that hit, and considering its only hand to hand with no distractions, it would be impossible without superior speed or little speed difference between them. Especially when Thor wont get tired of dodging.

even if it's a body builder trained in boxing one good hit from an adamantium fist would stagger you and a follow up hit or two should do the job. Thor is not gonna dodge every one of Logan's swings and if you think he would than we are just going in circles bro

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone forgets Thor has also unlimited stamina which is going to be ridiculously useful in a boxing match and he is almost a meter taller than him lol he has a lot farther reach

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingimmortalman: Thor has the stamina to continuously dodge and strike without trouble, why should he get hit by Logan? The only possible way Wolverine is going to tag Thor is if he has his close for longer distance or speed to contend, only one or two scans have been posted to present Wolverines speed but they haven't outclassed the ones I posted for Thor. If you got scans to show he will be able to get the one hit KO punch, feel free to post. Until then, victory is not on Wolverines side.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@wolverine08 said:

Wolverine wins handily.

Scumbag Thor.

Go read Thor: Son of Asgard and Thor 221

Can you just show me the feats? Because I can already feel the "unimpressed" from over here. Unless it shows Thor without his strength AND durability fighting against a formidable, notable opponent, it isn't up to par with Wolverine's feats.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@wolverine08 said:

Wolverine wins handily.

Scumbag Thor.

Can you just show me the feats? Because I can already feel the "unimpressed" from over here. Unless it shows Thor without his strength AND durability fighting against a formidable, notable opponent, it isn't up to par with Wolverine's feats.

I lol'd.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Physically normalized in a combat contest of skill? Wolverine wins. Thor should technically should be an amazing fighter, but writers apparently don't think the same way.

Based on feats, Wolverine and quite easily.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@wolverine08 said:

Wolverine wins handily.

Scumbag Thor.

I lol'd.

Ditto

TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@theamazingimmortalman: Thor has the stamina to continuously dodge and strike without trouble, why should he get hit by Logan? The only possible way Wolverine is going to tag Thor is if he has his close for longer distance or speed to contend, only one or two scans have been posted to present Wolverines speed but they haven't outclassed the ones I posted for Thor. If you got scans to show he will be able to get the one hit KO punch, feel free to post. Until then, victory is not on Wolverines side.

anyway it seems we will agree to disagree

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek:

It doesn't matter if he still has strength or durability, skill is what is being presented, and unfortunately I don't have the scans otherwise I would have posted it long ago. Its of-course against a notable and formidable opponent, but not on Wolverines level of skill. Its one of a few times he doesn't posses Mjolnir, Thor's skill is more with the hammer then without.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

It doesn't matter if he still has strength or durability, skill is what is being presented, and unfortunately I don't have the scans otherwise I would have posted it long ago. Its of-course against a notable and formidable opponent, but not on Wolverines level of skill. Its one of a few times he doesn't posses Mjolnir, Thor's skill is more with the hammer then without.

Thor has no strength and his Asgardian durability, thus only has his fighting skills to combat Wolverine. I don't see how Logan wouldn't be able to easily dispatch Thor. One of Logan's old enemies was Roughouse, an Asgardian, and Wolverine was able to defeat him on multiple occasions.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's always the one Thor fan who thinks Thor is a speedster

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

There's always the one Thor fan who thinks Thor is a speedster

Ain't that the truth?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You went out of subject I was merely telling you were to find Thor h2h combat skills since you stated none of them are shown in battle. But concerning this battle, Thor's speed has not been depowered as well as hi stamina and healing factor. I don't know who the Asgardian enemy Logan beat was but Thor is not any Asgardian. He has exceeded all of Asgards warrior in skill when he was the age of 20 (before receiving the hammer and going through trials). Wolverine has the skill but what about the pace to move and tag Thor?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

You went out of subject I was merely telling you were to find Thor h2h combat skills since you stated none of them are shown in battle. But concerning this battle, Thor's speed has not been depowered as well as hi stamina and healing factor. I don't know who the Asgardian enemy Logan beat was but Thor is not any Asgardian. He has exceeded all of Asgards warrior in skill when he was the age of 20 (before receiving the hammer and going through trials). Wolverine has the skill but what about the pace to move and tag Thor?

I was clearly joking about Thor not showing ANY combat feats at all in his encounters. He's shown it multiple times, but it's very scarce and it also isn't that impressive. High stamina means nothing when Thor is going to break his hands fighting Wolverine without his super-strength. We're talking about adamantium bones that have almost broken Kaine's hand, a 30+ tonner. Couple that with the fact that Thor has morals off and is bloodlusted, and it ain't a good combination for him. Meanwhile, Wolverine has no worries, as he is more durable and exponentially more skilled. You're also forgetting that Logan also has a healing factor that dwarfs Thor's own. Thor's speed is going to work against him as he is going to break all the bones in his hands if he attempts to blitz Wolverine. That's even if Thor has a speed advantage over Wolverine, which I highly doubt. Yes, he's exceeded other Asgardian Warriors, but the most notable of the bunch are the Warriors Three. Meanwhile, Wolverine is going toe-to-toe with the likes of T'Challa and Captain America in close quarters combat, and was also able to hold his own against Deadpool without a functioning healing factor. Thor isn't winning this.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By dum529001

@experio said:

@lvenger:

You think moving in blur is the only way to show blitz? You clearly have no idea of many methods. Smoking fists being shown right after punching...kneeing....elbowing in numerous graphs aside is a good enough indication, aura had nothing to do with it. My advice:

A) Your not sure about

B) You just don't like

This thread is crazy.

People are saying Thor is no faster than Wolverine? Seriously???

Aim-doing is not a speed feat. Moving int and out of your opponents trajectory is not a speed feat. It does not require that your speed be greater than theris.

And super-speed can be illistrated in different ways.It does not have to be done the same way all the time.

Sometims fights are done from the perspective of the characters since the speeds they are moving at are nt that great to them and it helps the reader see the fight more clearly.

Taking scans out of context, such as referencing to someone who gained Thor's pwer but not his experince for a short time, or Thor fighting Wolverine without killing him as he could and Wolverine dodging as being things that define Thor's speed is just illogical.

And people claiming to be fans of Thor and twisting facts and lying abotu his abilties? You aren't fooling anyone.

Here's some just a few examples of Thor's speed (since some people are saying he is faster than light and is slower than Captaim America, Spider-man, and Wolverine).

Here, we see Thor flying outside a window and when Jane Foster gets his attention, Thor manages to intercept Cobra's poison dart within a split-second. The dart is fired before he even is inside the room, just to give you the proper frame of reference to understand the speed and reflexes necessary in Journey Into Mystery #98:

No Caption Provided

Thor digs a trench in a blur of motion that is "almost too fast for the human eye to follow." From Marvel Team-Up #26:

No Caption Provided

And here, while helping rebuild Asgard, Thor hammers down repeatedly on a pillar and "becomes a blur of motion" in Thor #267:

No Caption Provided

Thor's reflexes have always allowed to react at lightning speeds faster than the human eye can perceive.Even in a hail of attacks or debris. There's something about this feat is that Thor speed and moves faster than the sight of Heimdall , a god endowed with super-senses , able to hear the grass grow, the sap running in the trees or the beating of the wings of a butterfly on the other side of the galaxy and whose eyes see light years away. Whatever the case, the fineness of Heimdall's senses are greater than those of any being.

Here, Thor fights Heimdall and swings his hammer down on him at speeds "moving too swiftly for the eye to follow," even too fast for Heimdall in Journey Into Mystery#125:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here, Hela only has to touch Thor in order to ensnare his soul in 1v1 combat, but is unable to do so because of his speed, "His speed, his anger, are beyond comprehension!" From Thor #354:

No Caption Provided

Here, while fending off two Herald-level foes, Adam Warlock likens his ability to catch his staff mid-swing and his combat speed to that of lightning, "He moves like the lightning he commands, much quicker than I remember." From Infinity Watch #23:

No Caption Provided

Here, in the space of one and one-fifth seconds, Thor dives out of the sky, smashes Mjolnir down and causes a supersonic shockwave to divert a runaway truck from killing a young boy ACROSS the city in Journey Into Mystery #108:

No Caption Provided

Here, in the space of micro-seconds before a zooming cursed Mjolnir will strike Thor from behind, Thor lays a haymaker onto an Enchanter and spins around in time to snatch Mjolnir in mid-air, from Thor #144:

No Caption Provided

Here, Thor is about to have his face smashed by a cursed Mjolnir which is zooming back to him, but he moves swiftly enough on reaction to dodge it inThor vol. 2 #27:

No Caption Provided

Thor has dug a ditch so fast that neither Quicksilver was valoz enough to escape it (Quicksilver was already in motion before Thor has started digging the trench).

No Caption Provided

Thor punks Quicksilver once again:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor reacts to Wrecker swinging his mystic crowbar onto Thor's head from behind. Literally only inches away, Thor moves so swiftly once again, he snatches the crowbar with his hand in Thor vol. 2 #29:

No Caption Provided

And it looks like current Thor hasn't lost that bare-handed touch as he catches Bor's axe inches from his face inThor #600:

No Caption Provided

With his great speed, without the use of his natural control over the weather, he can create winds of hurricane force or greater- than-hurricane-force air shockwaves in Journey Into Mystery #100 and #84:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here, he literally snatches a fired tank shell out of mid-air with his bare hand and bats a barrage of them back in Journey Into Mystery #93:

No Caption Provided

And similarly snatches a fired missile with his bare hand in Marvel Team-Up #148:

No Caption Provided

Here, with FTB speed, he deflects two bullets with a single swing way back in Journey Into Mystery #100:

No Caption Provided

Here, he blocks a single bullet with the head of Mjolnir before whirling it to create a field in Thor #246:

No Caption Provided

And many times again...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here, Thor flings Mjolnir to the farthest reaches of the galaxy in Thor: Whom The Gods Would Destroy:

No Caption Provided

And he can fling the hammer many times the speed of light and transcend the boundaries of time and space inThor #392-393, Thor #140 and Thor #274:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He could also imbue Mjolnir itself with superheat to create an atomic flare attack, from Thor #132:

No Caption Provided

As for FTL reactions that can be measured in nanoseconds (light travels one foot per nanosecond), he's swung and swatted away Blastaar's energy blasts inThor #270:

No Caption Provided

Far from a one-off FTL feat, he does the same to Mole Man's energy blaster shot in Marvel Two-In-One #96:

No Caption Provided

Here, Enchantress shoots a blast at Captain America and Thor reacts with FTL speed to cut off the energy blast in mid-flight, from Marvel Comics Presents#44:

Thor can spin Mjolnlr around fast enough to shield himself from lasers, from Thor #218:

No Caption Provided

Phoenix shoots a telepathic blast at a groggy Thor at the moment Thor's arms are at his side. AFTER the shot is fired and already traveling at him, Thor raises his arms and reflects it back with Mjolnir. Telepathy being instantaneous traditionally (as noted in the narration), we can assume for the sake of argument that it was only traveling at light-speed, making this another FTL feat, from Excalibur#428:

No Caption Provided

He can even block a constant barrage of laser vision from Count Nefaria, from Avengers #166:

No Caption Provided

He bats away a possessed Iron Man's repulsor rays in Avengers vol. 3 #3:

No Caption Provided

And again bats away ray blasts in a training session in Avengers vol. 3 #23:

No Caption Provided

and again......

No Caption Provided

Mjolnir also allows for simulated flight whereby when thrown it could pull it's wielder along. Basically, Thor flies by flinging his hammer really hard and then hanging on for ride:

No Caption Provided

And no matter what, it's been explained that "Thor can always control the course of his flight," from Thor #400:

No Caption Provided

In terms of flight speed, he's flown at least three times the speed of light, from Thor #185:

No Caption Provided

Thor has trapped Hermes the god of speed, and well, that's just say that ... but are spears spears thrown by gods thousands of times stronger than any human, imagine how fast would travel those spears =).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

During the saga of Surtur , commissioned by Nick Fury (Nick Fury), Thor reached and surpassed in speed to a spaceship traveling at a speed came many times that of Light and even outside our solar system, Thor increase their 100 times speed to overtake the ship.

No Caption Provided

Travels from Earth to Sun in a matter of moments:

No Caption Provided

Saves Rulk from a Black Hole(ANOTHER FTL feat):

No Caption Provided

Thor intercepted Ego whom was moving at hyperspace speeds:

No Caption Provided

Catches Ego again after getting shot at by Stranger:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Skyfather Thor blasts Gorr several lightyears and both Thors catch up relatively quick.

No Caption Provided

Thor flying without Mjolnir.

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Wolverine008

@experio said:

@lvenger:

A) Your not sure about

B) You just don't like

This thread is crazy.

People are saying Thor is no faster than Wolverine? Seriously???

Aim-doing is not a speed feat. Moving int and out of your opponents trajectory is not a speed feat. It does not require that your speed be greater than theris.

And super-speed can be illistrated in different ways.It does not have to be done the same way all the time.

Sometims fights are done from the perspective of the characters since the speeds they are moving at are nt that great to them and it helps the reader see the fight more clearly.

Taking scans out of context, such as referencing to someone who gained Thor's pwer but not his experince for a short time, or Thor fighting Wolverine without killing him as he could and Wolverine dodging as being things that define Thor's speed is just illogical.

And people claiming to be fans of Thor and twisting facts and lying abotu his abilties? You aren't fooling anyone.

Here's some just a few examples of Thor's speed (since some people are saying he is faster than light and is slower than Captaim America, Spider-man, and Wolverine).

Here, we see Thor flying outside a window and when Jane Foster gets his attention, Thor manages to intercept Cobra's poison dart within a split-second. The dart is fired before he even is inside the room, just to give you the proper frame of reference to understand the speed and reflexes necessary in Journey Into Mystery #98:

No Caption Provided

Thor digs a trench in a blur of motion that is "almost too fast for the human eye to follow." From Marvel Team-Up #26:

No Caption Provided

And here, while helping rebuild Asgard, Thor hammers down repeatedly on a pillar and "becomes a blur of motion" in Thor #267:

No Caption Provided

Thor's reflexes have always allowed to react at lightning speeds faster than the human eye can perceive.Even in a hail of attacks or debris. There's something about this feat is that Thor speed and moves faster than the sight of Heimdall , a god endowed with super-senses , able to hear the grass grow, the sap running in the trees or the beating of the wings of a butterfly on the other side of the galaxy and whose eyes see light years away. Whatever the case, the fineness of Heimdall's senses are greater than those of any being.

Here, Thor fights Heimdall and swings his hammer down on him at speeds "moving too swiftly for the eye to follow," even too fast for Heimdall in Journey Into Mystery#125:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here, Hela only has to touch Thor in order to ensnare his soul in 1v1 combat, but is unable to do so because of his speed, "His speed, his anger, are beyond comprehension!" From Thor #354:

No Caption Provided

Here, while fending off two Herald-level foes, Adam Warlock likens his ability to catch his staff mid-swing and his combat speed to that of lightning, "He moves like the lightning he commands, much quicker than I remember." From Infinity Watch #23:

No Caption Provided

Here, in the space of one and one-fifth seconds, Thor dives out of the sky, smashes Mjolnir down and causes a supersonic shockwave to divert a runaway truck from killing a young boy ACROSS the city in Journey Into Mystery #108:

No Caption Provided

Here, in the space of micro-seconds before a zooming cursed Mjolnir will strike Thor from behind, Thor lays a haymaker onto an Enchanter and spins around in time to snatch Mjolnir in mid-air, from Thor #144:

No Caption Provided

Here, Thor is about to have his face smashed by a cursed Mjolnir which is zooming back to him, but he moves swiftly enough on reaction to dodge it inThor vol. 2 #27:

No Caption Provided

Thor has dug a ditch so fast that neither Quicksilver was valoz enough to escape it (Quicksilver was already in motion before Thor has started digging the trench).

No Caption Provided

Thor punks Quicksilver once again:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor reacts to Wrecker swinging his mystic crowbar onto Thor's head from behind. Literally only inches away, Thor moves so swiftly once again, he snatches the crowbar with his hand in Thor vol. 2 #29:

No Caption Provided

And it looks like current Thor hasn't lost that bare-handed touch as he catches Bor's axe inches from his face inThor #600:

No Caption Provided

With his great speed, without the use of his natural control over the weather, he can create winds of hurricane force or greater- than-hurricane-force air shockwaves in Journey Into Mystery #100 and #84:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here, he literally snatches a fired tank shell out of mid-air with his bare hand and bats a barrage of them back in Journey Into Mystery #93:

No Caption Provided

And similarly snatches a fired missile with his bare hand in Marvel Team-Up #148:

No Caption Provided

Here, with FTB speed, he deflects two bullets with a single swing way back in Journey Into Mystery #100:

No Caption Provided

Here, he blocks a single bullet with the head of Mjolnir before whirling it to create a field in Thor #246:

No Caption Provided

And many times again...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here, Thor flings Mjolnir to the farthest reaches of the galaxy in Thor: Whom The Gods Would Destroy:

No Caption Provided

And he can fling the hammer many times the speed of light and transcend the boundaries of time and space inThor #392-393, Thor #140 and Thor #274:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He could also imbue Mjolnir itself with superheat to create an atomic flare attack, from Thor #132:

No Caption Provided

As for FTL reactions that can be measured in nanoseconds (light travels one foot per nanosecond), he's swung and swatted away Blastaar's energy blasts inThor #270:

No Caption Provided

Far from a one-off FTL feat, he does the same to Mole Man's energy blaster shot in Marvel Two-In-One #96:

No Caption Provided

Here, Enchantress shoots a blast at Captain America and Thor reacts with FTL speed to cut off the energy blast in mid-flight, from Marvel Comics Presents#44:

Thor can spin Mjolnlr around fast enough to shield himself from lasers, from Thor #218:

No Caption Provided

Phoenix shoots a telepathic blast at a groggy Thor at the moment Thor's arms are at his side. AFTER the shot is fired and already traveling at him, Thor raises his arms and reflects it back with Mjolnir. Telepathy being instantaneous traditionally (as noted in the narration), we can assume for the sake of argument that it was only traveling at light-speed, making this another FTL feat, from Excalibur#428:

No Caption Provided

He can even block a constant barrage of laser vision from Count Nefaria, from Avengers #166:

No Caption Provided

He bats away a possessed Iron Man's repulsor rays in Avengers vol. 3 #3:

No Caption Provided

And again bats away ray blasts in a training session in Avengers vol. 3 #23:

No Caption Provided

and again......

No Caption Provided

Mjolnir also allows for simulated flight whereby when thrown it could pull it's wielder along. Basically, Thor flies by flinging his hammer really hard and then hanging on for ride:

No Caption Provided

And no matter what, it's been explained that "Thor can always control the course of his flight," from Thor #400:

No Caption Provided

In terms of flight speed, he's flown at least three times the speed of light, from Thor #185:

No Caption Provided

Thor has trapped Hermes the god of speed, and well, that's just say that ... but are spears spears thrown by gods thousands of times stronger than any human, imagine how fast would travel those spears =).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

During the saga of Surtur , commissioned by Nick Fury (Nick Fury), Thor reached and surpassed in speed to a spaceship traveling at a speed came many times that of Light and even outside our solar system, Thor increase their 100 times speed to overtake the ship.

No Caption Provided

Travels from Earth to Sun in a matter of moments:

No Caption Provided

Saves Rulk from a Black Hole(ANOTHER FTL feat):

No Caption Provided

Thor intercepted Ego whom was moving at hyperspace speeds:

No Caption Provided

Catches Ego again after getting shot at by Stranger:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Skyfather Thor blasts Gorr several lightyears and both Thors catch up relatively quick.

No Caption Provided

Thor flying without Mjolnir.

No Caption Provided

Oh, have mercy on our souls.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Thor was not depowered to the point he is a regular human, he does have the strength but not the one he possessed nor on par with Wolverines, but the speed of Thor's punches will increase his damage out-put, he will then heal and carry this strategy on until Wolverines down, the harder Thor punches, the more it will harm. Wolverines skill is useless if he cant execute the techniques, and I have yet to see scans that show Wolverines speed to be superior (jashro might show some later on),

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Thor was not depowered to the point he is a regular human, he does have the strength but not the one he possessed nor on par with Wolverines, but the speed of Thor's punches will increase his damage out-put, he will then heal and carry this strategy on until Wolverines down, the harder Thor punches, the more it will harm. Wolverines skill is useless if he cant execute the techniques, and I have yet to see scans that show Wolverines speed to be superior (jashro might show some later on),

OP clearly says "no super-strength + durability". Spider-Man, who is an upper 20 tonner, threw his most powerful punches at Wolverine and Logan smiled. Kaine, an upper 30 tonner punched Wolverine and almost broke his hand. Thor without his super-strength should be a regular human, as he gets his super-strength from his Asgardian origin and Mjolnir amping him. Both super-strength and Mjolnir and taken away from this fight, so I don't see Thor having the strength to hurt Wolverine, regardless of speed. Even if he does retain what little enhanced strength he has, it's nowhere near the 30-ton range, and even if it was, it's considered "super-strength". The speed of Thor's punches would break his hands, and Wolverine would heal from it without much problems, as he has taken punches from Hulk before. The more Thor punches, the more damage he would inflict on himself.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Experio

Exactly. No Super-strength, not no strength at all. Spider-man kept on punching and put Wolverine down but he wasn't KOed - If he had carried on going he would have finished the job. Thor who doesn't have Spider-man or Kaine's strength can do this until Wolverines knocked out without rest or sustenance at all. The faster you hit, the harder the impact, Thor's punches will add force by utilizing his speed to the fullest, the short momentum contributes to the harm he will cause. Thor's hands will not break but heal in the process one hand after another.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

Exactly. No Super-strength, not no strength at all. Spider-man kept on punching and put Wolverine down but he wasn't KOed - If he had carried on going he would have finished the job. Thor who doesn't have Spider-man or Kaine's strength can do this until Wolverines knocked out without rest or sustenance at all. The faster you hit, the harder the impact, Thor's punches will add force by utilizing his speed to the fullest, the short momentum contributes to the harm he will cause. Thor's hands will not break but heal in the process one hand after another.

Exactly. No super-strength, which is strength above peak human level, around 1-ton. If enhanced strength doesn't count as low-level super-strength, than super-strength should cut off at 10 tons...not nearly enough to hurt Wolverine. Spider-Man unleashed all of his most powerful blows and Wolverine smiled. Spidey was exhausted, couldn't punch anymore, and gave up. I seriously doubt Thor, who has inferior strength to Spidey, would fare any better because he is arguably faster.

If you add more momentum to Thor without his durability and strength, he's only going to break his hand. Even if he doesn't, I still fail to see how this blow Thor is going to use with his "superior speed" is more effective than any of Hulk's punches.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your assumption is based on guys Wolverine has tanked hits from, and since they are much higher than the Thor being used, he doesn't do damage. The specific strength isn't clarified but so isn't the limit to hurt Wolverine, mixed with his speed, he has the force to hurt him. But if you still think no damage will be done to Wolverine, then Thor still wins by scoring more points since its boxing with its rules. Wolverine loses either way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

Your assumption is based on guys Wolverine has tanked hits from, and since they are much higher than the Thor being used, he doesn't do damage. The specific strength isn't clarified but so isn't the limit to hurt Wolverine, mixed with his speed, he has the force to hurt him. But if you still think no damage will be done to Wolverine, then Thor still wins by scoring more points since its boxing with its rules. Wolverine loses either way.

The limit is pretty specific. You need 50-100 tons of strength to even start hurting Wolverine. Also, scoring more points is irrelevent if your hands are broken and you collapse, while your opponent is fine via the healing factor.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Experio

So what were Spidey and Kaine doing? You don't consider that hurting? And the strength Thor has here was not confirmed but was estimated, scoring points is part of boxing rules, KO was said to be enough but since 'Thor cant hurt Wolverine', he continuously punches for points 12 straight rounds without getting tired, and his hands will heal after switching hands and dodging simultaneously. Wolverine can go ahead and heal, he loses for having 0 points at the end.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

So what were Spidey and Kaine doing? You don't consider that hurting? And the strength Thor has here was not confirmed but was estimated, scoring points is part of boxing rules, KO was said to be enough but since 'Thor cant hurt Wolverine', he continuously punches for points 12 straight rounds without getting tired, and his hands will heal after switching hands and dodging simultaneously. Wolverine can go ahead and heal, he loses for having 0 points at the end.

Wolverine was probably hurt, but not by a significant margin. If he shrugged off dozens of 20-30 ton punches and continued to fight with no problem, I'd say any of Thor's punches shouldn't be too troublesome. The strength that Thor has estimated is nowhere near 20-30 tons, and is arguably peak human. Thor will get tired from punching Wolverine that much, and his hands wouldn't be able to heal that quickly as far as I'm aware. I'm also pretty sure OP means by boxing that they can only use their fists, not accounting the point system. Unless he means standard rules as in standard boxing rules and not standard Comic Vine rules, Wolverine should win here.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Experio

Thor's strength wasn't confirmed here, it could be to the point were he can cause damage or as you assume just above peak human. The evidence given was he doesn't posses 'his' super-strength. And Thor will not get tried of punching Wolverine, he has stalemated Hulk for an hour, same with Mephistos followers, he has fought armies for 40 days straight

No Caption Provided

He has fought frost giants for nine months, need I say more? Thor could go long periods to an unknown extent if the amount of damage received doesn't affect his body. Wolverine will not be touching Thor so he wouldn't have a problem punching 12 rounds in the process of scoring more than enough points to gain victory, while Wolverine has 0. Rules such as morals off, not leaving the ring and blood-lusted were included for their benefit, but standard rules was referring to the sport system. Just like the match with the 3 Supermans. So no, Wolverine doesn't win.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Experio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I forgot to also add that Thor's healing factor allowed him to recover from a Supernova right away. So there would be no hand breaking when he punches.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Bones309

@buckshot said:

I find it really strange that people think Thor's speed is above street level.

Ok, so everything about Thor is superhuman except his speed? ALL Asgardians have superhuman speed to some level.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 Thanks for the extra argument, it's something I hadn't considered about that inflated green barrier blitz. As for the microsecond scan, fair enough though I still hold my reasons for discounting it myself.

And for anyone interested, here's a link to a proper analysis from many veteran debaters on what Thor's speed really is like involving discussion from both sides and analysis of the feats: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/thor-runs-the-combat-speed-gautlet-691255/?