Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@laflux said:

Wow, I expected more opposition from people going against Logan

and have obviously been doing alot of work :P

Looks like it was mostly god_spawn's handiwork here.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By comic_book_fan

my 2 favorite comic charicters it could go either way thing has beat wolverine and wolverine has beat the thing.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#203  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@laflux: Not sure what there is to argue. Aside from the infamous Ben bonk on the head of Logan, it's much more consistent that Wolverine can soak Ben's hits than vise versa hence why I think Wolverine was perfectly capable of dropping Thing when "unhinged" by using a nerve strike stab to immobilize Ben in a single move. Granted the fight won't go that way every time, but Logan holds every trump card necessary to make quick work of Ben.

Avatar image for wolverinethesoldier
wolverinethesoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine wins this

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#205  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@Erik said:

Wolverine.
Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wolverine has beaten him more than once.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ben hits his head.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By jashro44

@erkan12 said:

Ben hits his head.

And then wolverine gets up and stabs him.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wolverine stomps.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morals on, I tend to side with Ben. Wolverine felt terrible after cutting the Thing last time and I can see him holding back unless he's really blood lusted for some reason.

Other wise, the Thing is dead.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Wolverine already won.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine stomps.

I would say he slashes, lol

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309 said:

Morals on, I tend to side with Ben. Wolverine felt terrible after cutting the Thing last time and I can see him holding back unless he's really blood lusted for some reason.

So you think Ben wouldn't hold back with morals?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309 said:

Hard to say, he knows Wolverine can take a beating and he's felt those claws before…would you?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@bones309 said:

Hard to say, he knows Wolverine can take a beating and he's felt those claws before…would you?

Well, then the same could be said with the Thing. Wolverine knows he can take a beating.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine wins.

As far as marvel bricks go, Thing is not that great.

He has been around forever and is one of the classic bricks due to being in the FF, and they throw him a bone on occasion to make him look good and relevant.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@bones309 said:

Well, then the same could be said with the Thing. Wolverine knows he can take a beating.

He can and he can't…..the Thing can't take Wolverine's claws without serious bodily harm.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@bones309 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@bones309 said:

He can and he can't…..the Thing can't take Wolverine's claws without serious bodily harm.

So, you think that Logan isn't going to use his claws vs the Thing, (who is trying to beat him)? I don't think Wolverine will feel bad about it until after.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Bones309

@bones309 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@bones309 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@bones309 said:

So, you think that Logan isn't going to use his claws vs the Thing, (who is trying to beat him)? I don't think Wolverine will feel bad about it until after.

I think it depends on his temperament a lot. Wolverine is a good person and an honorable person. He's also friends with Ben. I don't see him using his claws directly unless he really has to.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@bones309 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@bones309 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@bones309 said:

I think it depends on his temperament a lot. Wolverine is a good person and an honorable person. He's also friends with Ben. I don't see him using his claws directly unless he really has to.

He is only a good person to the ones he trust, you are right about him being a friend to Ben. I see him stabbing him in a fight ending, non lethal location due to his speed and skill advantage.

Zjun_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Zjun_

The Thing is just too strong and durable for Wolverine. Not only that, but he has loads of fighting skills to back himself up (even if it may not be as refined as Wolvie's). The Thing is huge and all it'll take is 1 good concussive punch. He's like a very-base savage Hulk without the insane healing factor. I think Wolvie gets pummeled once The Thing looses it (pissed-off-mode).

No one is stomping no one though, that's fanboy feces.

Post by,

Mr. Z-kun

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zjun_ said:

The Thing is just too strong and durable for Wolverine. Not only that, but he has loads of fighting skills to back himself up (even if it may not be as refined as Wolvie's). The Thing is huge and all it'll take is 1 good concussive punch. He's like a very-base savage Hulk without the insane healing factor. I think Wolvie gets pummeled once The Thing looses it (pissed-off-mode).

Post by,

Mr. Z-kun

The Thing isn't too durable. Wolverine's claws have already gone through his skin easily. Ben also does not have fighting skills that are in any way, shape, or form close to Wolverine's. James also holds a ludicrous speed advantage and has already tanked hits from Ben.

Wolverine just needs one stab. Wolverine stomps.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zjun_ said:

Post by,

Mr. Z-kun

The Thing is too slow, and Wolverine can use his superior skill and battle ending damage output to easily land a hit on Ben, before Ben lands a hit on Wolverine, and even then. Wolverine has shown taking hits from base Hulk.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 god_spawn  Moderator

@zjun_ said:

Post by,

Mr. Z-kun

Wolverine's already cut half of his face off and took him down in Enemy of the State with one stab. Thing is a terrible match up against Logan.

Zjun_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Zjun_

@wolverine08 said:

@zjun_ said:

Post by,

Mr. Z-kun

The Thing isn't too durable. Wolverine's claws have already gone through his skin easily. Ben also does not have fighting skills that are in any way, shape, or form close to Wolverine's. James also holds a ludicrous speed advantage and has already tanked hits from Ben.

Wolverine just needs one stab. Wolverine stomps.

@cable_extreme@god_spawn

Wolverine does not stomp buddy, regardless of who wins. That’s the first thing your delusional adamantium cerebral functions need to know.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wolvie’s claws have gotten through Ben’s skin before -- but Logan’s completely out of Thing’s league when it comes to strength. All the Thing has to do when Wolvie snikts him is grab Logan by the head and fling him into outer space.

The Thing is also virtually-completely bulletproof and highly resistant to pain. He’s literally a pack of tough-titanium-bricks-stacked-up-together. So the adamantium claws aren't just going rapidly slice him up in a couple of seconds. It requires a lot of strength to even cut up the Thing, which I don’t think Wolverine will be able to do fast enough.

Containing adamantium claws doesn't mean you automatically have the force you need to back it up.

Lastly, the Thing isn't leagues behind Logan in fighting skills. He’s known to be able to do wrestling, boxing and jiu jitsu. He's a master combatant and is professional with all those martial arts listed. He’s not too slow for Wolverine either, his combat speed is on par with many good fighters.

Logan has been tagged and beaten by fighters lower than his tier including Daredevil, Punisher, (base-form) Hulk, (morals-on) Deadpool, etc.

Sorry, but Wolverine’s getting his head slammed with his brain turning to jello and as well getting thrown back to the X-mansion at least 6.5 out of 10 occasions.

Post by,

Mr. Z-kun

rugrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This debate is pointless we know that wolverine wins 9/10. We also know that thing can't kill wolverine, maybe knock him out (if he has the chance)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By Wolverine008

@zjun_:

Wolverine does not stomp buddy, regardless of who wins. That’s the first thing your delusional adamantium cerebral functions need to know.

Yeah, I'm just going to let @god_spawn warn you about this little quip.

The Thing is also virtually-completely bulletproof and highly resistant to pain. He’s literally a pack of tough-titanium-bricks-stacked-up-together. So the adamantium claws aren't just going rapidly slice him up in a couple of seconds. It requires a lot of strength to even cut up the Thing, which I don’t think Wolverine will be able to do fast enough.

Thing being bullet proof and resistant to pain doesn't really mean jack against adamantium. With one slash, Wolverine has already cut off half of Ben's face. He can easily cut him apart if push comes to shove.

Lastly, the Thing isn't leagues behind Logan in fighting skills. He’s known to be able to do wrestling, boxing and jiu jitsu. He's a master combatant and is professional with all those martial arts listed. He’s not too slow for Wolverine either, his combat speed is on par with many good fighters.

Yes, the Thing is leagues behind Wolverine in fighting skill. Knowing a bit of boxing, wrestling, and jiu jitsu does not compared to the bloke who has mastered every martial art that exists, and has dropped Captain America, Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Silver Samurai, Daken, etc. Sorry, Ben isn't anywhere near Wolverine or any other top tier marital artist. Show me this great combat speed Ben has displayed against people as fast as Wolverine.

Logan has been tagged and beaten by fighters lower than his tier including Daredevil, Punisher, (base-form) Hulk, (morals-on) Deadpool, etc.

Everyone you listed here has shown much better combat speed than Ben.

Wolverine stomps.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@wolverine08: Hulk has shown WAY greater combat speed than Ben too.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: You're actually right on that one. Especially Indestructible Hulk.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wolverine the homicidal maniac wins. Thing is not mean enough.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By GhostRavage

@wolverine08: Indestructible Hulk is the fastest among all Hulk's incarnations for obvious reasons, however, depending on the incarnation, Hulk has been able to grab missiles point blank, dodge and block several attacks from the combined roster of the Avengers, he's been able to tag Silver Surfer while traveling at high speed using calculations, as well as tagging Wolverine more than once by predicting his movements... *looks at Grey Hulk*, there are more but you got my drift :P.

The funny thing is Ben has already mentioned Hulks superior speed before countering it with his uncrushable heart/spirit.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Heh, thanks for the info. I guess I do underestimate Hulk's speed at times.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Naw man, Wolverine can't let bygones be bygone. He got his start in this comic biz by tussling with the Hulk. The beef between them is eternal!

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By GhostRavage
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Wolverine008

@ghostravage: My catchphrase is "I'm the best there is."

I've never known humility!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By jashro44

@zjun_ said:

Post by,

Mr. Z-kun

The key part is bolded and underlined. Wolverine has shown he can cut grimm without much issue. So his durability isn't going to save him. Even if you want to assume Grimm one shots wolverine (I doubt he would) it comes down to who is faster and more skilled and thats wolverine by a few miles.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 god_spawn  Moderator

@zjun_: First off, there isn't any reason to insult anyone. Warning on the matter.

Secondly, the Thing has already been beaten by Logan. Like I said, Logan's already sliced off part of his face and has disabled him in a fight with a nerve strike like attack with his claws to the shoulder. The Thing on average has been shown having trouble tagging him, so I don't see what is so hard to get that you keep saying spouting the same inaccuracies over and over without any proof. This fight has happened already in the comic a couple of times and Thing is at a major disadvantage. Logan is built to be a bad match up for him.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 god_spawn  Moderator

@jashro44:

The key part is bolded and underlined. Wolverine has shown he can cut grimm without much issue. So his durability isn't going to save him. Even if you want to assume Grimm one shots wolverine (I doubt he would) it comes down to who is faster and more skilled and thats wolverine by a few miles.

>:P

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: LOL I probably should have saw that coming

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 god_spawn  Moderator

@jashro44: Lol, always be prepared!

Worst part is, the scan will probably now be taken literally, but luckily it mentions Wolverine is already weakened and dazed from a previous attack.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Lol, always be prepared!

Worst part is, the scan will probably now be taken literally, but luckily it mentions Wolverine is already weakened and dazed from a previous attack.

Yea, also wasn't that in the claremont days? Wolverines healing factor has gotten stronger since then.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 god_spawn  Moderator

@jashro44: Yessir. And it has. We've already seen Logan soak a few hits from the Thing before as they have gotten older.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan

Zjun_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Zjun_
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Post by,

Mr. Z-kun

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine.

Raycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben knows how to fight with Wolverine, he just has to catch his hands then it is easy job. He can hit his head...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raycat said:

Ben knows how to fight with Wolverine, he just has to catch his hands then it is easy job. He can hit his head...

And Wolverine can cut off his face, again.