#1 Edited by Triumphant (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Edited by Triumphant (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight takes place in an empty Times Square, New York City.

#3 Posted by Erik (32291 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine. 

#4 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio

i believe that wolverine already beat the thing he scared his face or something

#5 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine loses

#6 Posted by Mortein (2829 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Thing would be in trouble here, he could get hurt real bad. but still 8/10 for Thing

#7 Posted by Erik (32291 posts) - - Show Bio

How is the Thing going to win? The second he gets close to Wolverine, he starts losing body parts. 

#8 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats to stop Ben from one shotting sniktbub?

#9 Posted by Mortein (2829 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing grab his arms and start kicking him with leg, for like 15min

#10 Edited by Erik (32291 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
"Whats to stop Ben from one shotting sniktbub?"
You are right. Wolverine will just stand there and take the hit. I forgot how slow Wolverine is and how lightning fast Thing is.
#11 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"geraldthesloth said:
You are right. Wolverine will just stand there and take the hit. I forgot how slow Wolverine is and how lightning fast Thing is.
"
lol
#12 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio

well i doubt that wolverine is just gonna stand there
#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing.

#14 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"geraldthesloth said:
"
Well, i could use this as evidence

#15 Edited by Erik (32291 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
"erik said:
"geraldthesloth said:
"
Well, i could use this as evidence

"

Uh-huh. I could just as easily list Fantastic Four #374. Thing smashes Wolverine into the ground when he tries to attack Sue and Wolverine cuts his face off. Lol. Reed even states that Thing was lucky that Wolverine was still dazed from before in the scan you posted. 
#16 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

He should still be able to tag wolvie before he claws at him

he's been able to tag more agile people than him

#17 Posted by Erik (32291 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless we are including PIS Thing has no chance of tagging Wolverine. Thing is big and very slow. Both of those things play to Wolverine's advantage. Wolverine can dodge a incoming hit and cut off an arm or something. 

#18 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"Unless we are including PIS Thing has no chance of tagging Wolverine. Thing is big and very slow. Both of those things play to Wolverine's advantage. Wolverine can dodge a incoming hit and cut off an arm or something. "
add in the fact that no matter what the thing does he is just gonna get back up over and over and keep hacking away until there is nothing left of thing.
#19 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really
Ben could easily stun him with a thunderclap than finish him

#20 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
"Not reallyBen could easily stun him with a thunderclap than finish him"
lol dude the healing factor of logan is huge i mean he got burnt down to a skeleton and was able to heal back to full in only a couple hours it's gonna take more than a thunder clap to keep him down. i mean in WWH hulk pounded him so hard he got brain damage and was fine a little later.
#21 Posted by Erik (32291 posts) - - Show Bio

Please. Thunderclap did not help Hulk, it will not do Thing any good. 

#22 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"geraldthesloth said:
lol dude the healing factor of logan is huge i mean he got burnt down to a skeleton and was able to heal back to full in only a couple hours it's gonna take more than a thunder clap to keep him down. i mean in WWH hulk pounded him so hard he got brain damage and was fine a little later."
Be realistic

#23 Posted by Erik (32291 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
"DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"geraldthesloth said:
lol dude the healing factor of logan is huge i mean he got burnt down to a skeleton and was able to heal back to full in only a couple hours it's gonna take more than a thunder clap to keep him down. i mean in WWH hulk pounded him so hard he got brain damage and was fine a little later."
Be realistic"
How is that being unrealistic? Has he been reduced to a skeleton? Did he get punched multiple times by WWHulk before he was knocked unconscious? Yes sir.
#24 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"geraldthesloth said:
"DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"geraldthesloth said:
Be realistic"
How is that being unrealistic? Has he been reduced to a skeleton? Did he get punched multiple times by WWHulk before he was knocked unconscious? Yes sir.
"
thank ya for backing me up erik.
#25 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is way 2 quick for the thing and he has beaten him severeal times before

#26 Posted by TelekineticSun (334 posts) - - Show Bio

there would be pieces of orange rock all over time square
and a shot of wolverine riding off on a motorcycle

#27 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"Uh-huh. I could just as easily list Fantastic Four #374. Thing smashes Wolverine into the ground when he tries to attack Sue and Wolverine cuts his face off. Lol. Reed even states that Thing was lucky that Wolverine was still dazed from before in the scan you posted. "
I think Thing can reenact that event.
#28 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"Please. Thunderclap did not help Hulk, it will not do Thing any good. "
Wolverine admitted that a thunderclap from the Hulk would kill him. When the Hulk did it, Wolverine was affected greatly. Doing it multiple times could work wonders.
#29 Posted by Erik (32291 posts) - - Show Bio

You really think that if a Grey Hulk who has had years of experience fighting Wolverine did not figure that out, Thing can?

#30 Posted by Erik (32291 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"erik said:
"Uh-huh. I could just as easily list Fantastic Four #374. Thing smashes Wolverine into the ground when he tries to attack Sue and Wolverine cuts his face off. Lol. Reed even states that Thing was lucky that Wolverine was still dazed from before in the scan you posted. "
I think Thing can reenact that event. "
He was already dazed from before hand. Reed even said Thing was lucky. That is fine you think that though because I think Wolverine will reenact the scene in FF 374 only not giving up this time. 
#31 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"You really think that if a Grey Hulk who has had years of experience fighting Wolverine did not figure that out, Thing can?"
The Hulk has found ways putting down Wolverine for the count before, and he wasn't really smart. Why not Thing, who is smart and with the same tactics?
#32 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"He was already dazed from before hand. Reed even said Thing was lucky. That is fine you think that though because I think Wolverine will reenact the scene in FF 374 only not giving up this time. "
That's cool. But, Wolverine has been KO'ed before due to the rattling of his brain inside his adamantium skull. Thing has more the enough strength to give him a concussion.
#33 Posted by Erik (32291 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing is not smart. Hulk also has a healing factor so he a can take more punishment than Thing ever could pray to take. Hulk also never seems to be able to take Wolverine down very fast on the occasions where he does win. Using the strength he has to knock Wolverine out for example, is more than Thing can muster up. If Reed says Thing is lucky, methinks that Reed knows better than you.

#34 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"Thing is not smart. Hulk also has a healing factor so he a can take more punishment than Thing ever could pray to take. Hulk also never seems to be able to take Wolverine down very fast on the occasions where he does win. Using the strength he has to knock Wolverine out for example, is more than Thing can muster up. If Reed says Thing is lucky, methinks that Reed knows better than you."
Thing is smarter than the original Hulk is. Thing, who is in class 100, has enough strength to knock out Wolverine. It's not a stretch to say so. And, Reed said that several years ago when the Thing was weaker (and Wolverine wasn't any different from what he is now). He's stronger than he was before. Besides, just because Reed thinks that Thing was lucky doesn't make it so.
#35 Posted by Erik (32291 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is not any different other than the fact that he has a better healing factor, he is shown to be much faster now, as well as a better fighter. Thing is not smarter than Grey Hulk which is the one that hurt Wolverine with the Thunderclap for the first time. WWHulk needed to smash Wolverine's head a few times before he was even knocked out. Mindless Hulk could not even do it when Wolverine was Death. Also, being a stronger Thing does not really matter that much because he has not gotten faster nor has he built up an immunity to adamantium claws. The only thing that Thing has is strength. Wolverine deals with that all the time and destroys. Hulk has strength as well as healing so he is a little different. If Thing gets put down, he is not getting up like Hulk does when Wolverine puts him down. I should also note that Thing is not any faster than Hulk is and Wolverine tears Hulk up all the time. Even on the fights where Hulk wins he still has some serious wounds that would kill Thing. 

#36 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"erik said:
"Thing is not smart. Hulk also has a healing factor so he a can take more punishment than Thing ever could pray to take. Hulk also never seems to be able to take Wolverine down very fast on the occasions where he does win. Using the strength he has to knock Wolverine out for example, is more than Thing can muster up. If Reed says Thing is lucky, methinks that Reed knows better than you."
Thing is smarter than the original Hulk is. Thing, who is in class 100, has enough strength to knock out Wolverine. It's not a stretch to say so. And, Reed said that several years ago when the Thing was weaker (and Wolverine wasn't any different from what he is now). He's stronger than he was before. Besides, just because Reed thinks that Thing was lucky doesn't make it so."
Wolverine's healing factor has increased to massive levels, he's a master of all forms combat and he has taken down people with the same strenght as the Thing. All in all Wolverine is to skilled and to quick for the Thing plus the Thing can't come back from some of the damage Wolverine does to the Hulk.
#37 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"Unless we are including PIS Thing has no chance of tagging Wolverine. Thing is big and very slow. Both of those things play to Wolverine's advantage. Wolverine can dodge a incoming hit and cut off an arm or something. "
Actually that's not true.
The Thing is certainly not slow. Although larger is form and weight, his reactions remained above average - the same as his human form was.
From a Marvel handbook, "His reflexes have remained at their above average human levels despite his greater mass."
Although he is slower than Wolverine, he's far from a lumbering slow brute.

erik said:
"geraldthesloth said:
"DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"geraldthesloth said:
Be realistic"
"
The Thing does not need to KO Wolverine to win.
As the fight is also taking place in Time Sqaure, Thing could drop half a building on Wolverine, throw cars at him etc.
Simply stunning Wolverine might then enable the Thing to use something in the fight environment to secure him i.e. bend a car around his arms / torso so that Wolverine cannot use his claws.

erik said:
"Wolverine is not any different other than the fact that he has a better healing factor, he is shown to be much faster now, as well as a better fighter. Thing is not smarter than Grey Hulk which is the one that hurt Wolverine with the Thunderclap for the first time. WWHulk needed to smash Wolverine's head a few times before he was even knocked out. Mindless Hulk could not even do it when Wolverine was Death. Also, being a stronger Thing does not really matter that much because he has not gotten faster nor has he built up an immunity to adamantium claws. The only thing that Thing has is strength. Wolverine deals with that all the time and destroys. Hulk has strength as well as healing so he is a little different. If Thing gets put down, he is not getting up like Hulk does when Wolverine puts him down. I should also note that Thing is not any faster than Hulk is and Wolverine tears Hulk up all the time. Even on the fights where Hulk wins he still has some serious wounds that would kill Thing. "

The Thing is smarter than the Grey Hulk and a better fighter.
You don't become a world class pilot of advanced aircraft being mentally challenged.
The grey Hulk might be better described as being craftier.

Wolverine could kill the Thing with his claws, unfortunately.
There was another scan shown recently on this site where Wolvering shoved his claws through the Thing's shoulder. This and the far scaring show that Wolverine's claws can do significant damage to the Thing.
#38 Edited by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

The above Thing scan is out of context since Wolverine already suffered a previous beating

geraldthesloth
said:
Healing Factor....even if Ben left hooks Wolverine right in the face,
Wolverine heals himself and is back on his feet before you even think of giving him an 8 count

The Thing will probably takes too much time or too many blow to KO Wolverine

but an enraged Wolverine can use his claws cut through his rocky skin and gut Thing in a spilt second

#39 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing has got strength and a good amount of durability on his side , whereas wolverine has got speed , healing factor and the adamantium (Which pretty much makes the Things durability usesless) . I think it will all come down to who gets the first blow in , but since the thing aint the fastest guy around i say that wolverine could pull of a well fought victory over the thing .
Anyway wolvie has taken on the Hulk so Thing>Hulk .
But if the Thing gets one well placed shot in , its end game for wolverine .

#40 Posted by DJ Diesel (1594 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine: "grrr, gonna rip ya a new one bud"
Thing: "Bonk on head"
Reed: "Daaaamn son, you lucky he didn't rip you a new poopshoot!."
Thing: "He sleeps like a little angel, can we keep him?"
Reed: "STFU, nobody wants to hear you're closet homo fantasy of a live in man-slave, get your stone temple pilot @ss in the jet before he wakes up, you KNOW what'll happen."
Thing: "Bonk on head?"
Reed: "Naw dawg, F in the A... for real, let's bounce while the writer's on our side! go go!"

anyway.... Wolverine wins this one. He's the best at stuff
#41 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
DJ Diesel said:
"
Wolverine: "grrr, gonna rip ya a new one bud"Thing: "Bonk on head"Reed: "Daaaamn son, you lucky he didn't rip you a new poopshoot!."Thing: "He sleeps like a little angel, can we keep him?"Reed: "STFU, nobody wants to hear you're closet homo fantasy of a live in man-slave, get your stone temple pilot @ss in the jet before he wakes up, you KNOW what'll happen."Thing: "Bonk on head?"Reed: "Naw dawg, F in the A... for real, let's bounce while the writer's on our side! go go!"anyway.... Wolverine wins this one. He's the best at stuff"
it's better than some of the writer's i know lol
#42 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio

thunderclap doesnt really work on wolverine it only pissed him off....
#43 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I can barely read those scans.

#44 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk thunderclaps wolverine and he goes wild

#45 Posted by DJ Diesel (1594 posts) - - Show Bio

RAWR! Wolverine hate clapping! Wolverine is not happy and he does not know it!!!!!

#46 Posted by Erik (32291 posts) - - Show Bio
DJ Diesel said:
"
Wolverine: "grrr, gonna rip ya a new one bud"Thing: "Bonk on head"Reed: "Daaaamn son, you lucky he didn't rip you a new poopshoot!."Thing: "He sleeps like a little angel, can we keep him?"Reed: "STFU, nobody wants to hear you're closet homo fantasy of a live in man-slave, get your stone temple pilot @ss in the jet before he wakes up, you KNOW what'll happen."Thing: "Bonk on head?"Reed: "Naw dawg, F in the A... for real, let's bounce while the writer's on our side! go go!"anyway.... Wolverine wins this one. He's the best at stuff"
Nice. I prefer that dialogue over the actual one. It makes Reed a pimp. Lol.
#47 Posted by Erik (32291 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"erik said:
The Thing is certainly not slow. Although larger is form and weight, his reactions remained above average - the same as his human form was.
From a Marvel handbook, "His reflexes have remained at their above average human levels despite his greater mass."

erik said:
"geraldthesloth said:
"DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"geraldthesloth said:
Be realistic"
"
As the fight is also taking place in Time Sqaure, Thing could drop half a building on Wolverine, throw cars at him etc.
Simply stunning Wolverine might then enable the Thing to use something in the fight environment to secure him i.e. bend a car around his arms / torso so that Wolverine cannot use his claws.

erik said:
"Wolverine is not any different other than the fact that he has a better healing factor, he is shown to be much faster now, as well as a better fighter. Thing is not smarter than Grey Hulk which is the one that hurt Wolverine with the Thunderclap for the first time. WWHulk needed to smash Wolverine's head a few times before he was even knocked out. Mindless Hulk could not even do it when Wolverine was Death. Also, being a stronger Thing does not really matter that much because he has not gotten faster nor has he built up an immunity to adamantium claws. The only thing that Thing has is strength. Wolverine deals with that all the time and destroys. Hulk has strength as well as healing so he is a little different. If Thing gets put down, he is not getting up like Hulk does when Wolverine puts him down. I should also note that Thing is not any faster than Hulk is and Wolverine tears Hulk up all the time. Even on the fights where Hulk wins he still has some serious wounds that would kill Thing. "
The Thing is smarter than the Grey Hulk and a better fighter.You don't become a world class pilot of advanced aircraft being mentally challenged.The grey Hulk might be better described as being craftier.Wolverine could kill the Thing with his claws, unfortunately.There was another scan shown recently on this site where Wolvering shoved his claws through the Thing's shoulder. This and the far scaring show that Wolverine's claws can do significant damage to the Thing."
  1. Being above the average human is still pretty slow. That only means he can tag the average human pretty easily. Wolverine much better than average.
  2. I know that he only needs to KO to win. I was pointing out that DC_Marvel_1000 posted things that actually happened. I know they are not very relevant in this fight.
  3. Which do you think is the more valuable type of smart in this fight? Being able to fly an advanced aircraft like no one else, or being crafty as a fox which can be used in fights.
#48 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"the creator said:
"erik said:

erik said:
"geraldthesloth said:
"DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"geraldthesloth said:
Be realistic"
"

erik said:
The Thing is smarter than the Grey Hulk and a better fighter.You don't become a world class pilot of advanced aircraft being mentally challenged.The grey Hulk might be better described as being craftier.Wolverine could kill the Thing with his claws, unfortunately.There was another scan shown recently on this site where Wolvering shoved his claws through the Thing's shoulder. This and the far scaring show that Wolverine's claws can do significant damage to the Thing."
  1. Being above the average human is still pretty slow. That only means he can tag the average human pretty easily. Wolverine much better than average.
  2. I know that he only needs to KO to win. I was pointing out that DC_Marvel_1000 posted things that actually happened. I know they are not very relevant in this fight.
  3. Which do you think is the more valuable type of smart in this fight? Being able to fly an advanced aircraft like no one else, or being crafty as a fox which can be used in fights.
"
1. I know Wolverine is a lot faster. That's why I said, "Although he is slower than Wolverine, he's far from a lumbering slow brute.", at the top of my posting but your comments made the Thing sound slow. He is far from it and his speed has caught opponents off guard before.
2. I did not say the Thing needed a KO to win. I said he did not need to get a KO to win. The Thing knows how deadly Wolverine's claws are and as such he could use his environment (Times Square) to ensure the fight stays at a greater distance than arms length. The Thing has a good history of using itms to hand as weapons i.e. bending I-beams around his opponents to pin them, hit opponents with cars etc.
3. Again this comment was in response to you saying that the Thing is not smarter than the Grey Hulk. The Thing is clearly smarter but the Grey Hulk has an advantage of animalistic cunning. Both traits have their parts to play in a fight, both offering different benefits. Although the cunning animal might attack in an unexpected manner, this does not mean that they will come up with a more complicated strategy to win the day.
#49 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

This could go either way.

#50 Posted by Porlos (1021 posts) - - Show Bio
Everyone keeps underrating Wolverine.  This really needs to stop, especially against people he has beaten and humbled before.

He didn't just beat The Thing.  He traumatized him.  This scan also proves Thing has no healing factor and a poor immune system because half of his face got infected.