Wolverine vs Spiderman (Movie versions)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheBaneVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheBaneVenom

Tobey Maguire Spiderman

VS

Wolverine from X-men Origins Wolverine

Who wins?

Avatar image for robocopslayert800
RobocopSlayerT800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RobocopSlayerT800

Spiderman

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By beautifulrevery

I actually don't see a way for movie Spidey to put down movie Wolverine. He literally didn't give a crap whether he was shot, stabbed, etc. He'd just keep coming.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nerdork

@TheBaneVenom: Is it to the death, or can incapacitation and KO count as a victory here?

If so, then Toby/Spidey can win this here. But, it will be interesting.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Strider1992

@beautifulrevery said:

I actually don't see a way for movie Spidey to put down movie Wolverine. He literally didn't give a crap whether he was shot, stabbed, etc. He'd just keep coming.

He got KO'd by a bullet from a cop in X-men 2. Sabretooth KO'd Wolverine with a tree in X-men 1 and Lady Deathstrike was overpowering his healing factor in X-2 as well. Tobey Maguire's Spider-man has enough strength to KO Wolverine he stopped a train in Spider-man 2 he must be at least a 50tonner.

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By beautifulrevery

@Strider92 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

He got KO'd by a bullet from a cop in X-men 2. Sabretooth KO'd Wolverine with a tree in X-men 1 and Lady Deathstrike was overpowering his healing factor in X-2 as well. Tobey Maguire's Spider-man has enough strength to KO Wolverine he stopped a train in Spider-man 2 he must be at least a 50tonner.

A bullet to the brain should KO anyone really. If not, it's really really stupid. He did stop a train but it wasn't really his strength but rather the bracing and webbing. If he stopped it using his strength alone then I'd count it as more of a strength feat but not the way he did it. The webbing took up a lot of the strain. Lady Deathstrike wasn't overpowering his HF, his HF was working but she just kept attacking because that's what she was ordered to do. Besides this is Wolverine from Origins.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dondave

Spider-Man ftw

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ghostrider2

Wolverine....Spidey can't put him down.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nerdork

@Strider92 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

Agreed!

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ghostrider2

@Strider92 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

50?I doubt it, his web did the trick with him on the front.....

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MAZAHS117

Spidey wins via KO. It's the only way. He's already got the speed/reflex advantage, plus Logan shouldn't be able to get the drop on him because of his spider-sense. Parker wins 7/10

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By nefarious

Spider-Man.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By SavageDragon

This is a tough one but I will tentaviley go with Tobey Spiderman based on strength and speed in Spiderman 2.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By laflux

@GhostRider2 said: Sabretooth and Bullets say no

@Strider92 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

A 50 tonner who could barely KO a middle aged overweight man?

Bazinga!!!!!

I think Tobey wins this relatively easily, but the Train feat was as much his webbing as it was his strength, and even that was mostly his grip strength. I'd put Tobey Maguire more along his comic iteration in term of strength, that is 20-25 tonnes, based on him lifting the giant metal wall. That is still easily enough to put Hugh Jackman to sleep. And then the webbing. All in all, its a bad fight for Logan.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ghostrider2

@laflux: what if Wolverine cut him, sure he is fast but there is a chance.....and he is adamantium.A good reflex from Wolverine can cut Spidey head off or his arm.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Emperorb777

Spiderman FTW

Movie wolverine couldn't fight for sh!t and liked to tank everything Spiderman easily KO him.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By laflux

@GhostRider2 said:

@laflux: what if Wolverine cut him, sure he is fast but there is a chance.....and he is adamantium.A good reflex from Wolverine can cut Spidey head off or his arm.

Unlike Comic Wolverine, Movie Wolverine's combat speed was relatively poor. He could tag Mystique in X-Men 1, struggled heavily to tag Lady Deathstrike in X-Men 2, all of whom are slower Than Peter Parker. Before Logan lands a good Slash to Peter, he probably would already got enough hits to KO him, or would have webbed him up.

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By heroesgold

@laflux said:

@GhostRider2 said: Sabretooth and Bullets say no

@Strider92 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

A 50 tonner who could barely KO a middle aged overweight man?

Bazinga!!!!!

I think Tobey wins this relatively easily, but the Train feat was as much his webbing as it was his strength, and even that was mostly his grip strength. I'd put Tobey Maguire more along his comic iteration in term of strength, that is 20-25 tonnes, based on him lifting the giant metal wall. That is still easily enough to put Hugh Jackman to sleep. And then the webbing. All in all, its a bad fight for Logan.

I agree and LOL.

Avatar image for speedforcespider
SpeedForceSpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SpeedForceSpider

@Immortal777 said:

Spiderman FTW

Movie wolverine couldn't fight for sh!t and liked to tank everything Spiderman easily KO him.

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CaptainDoeo

Spidey. Easily, I might add.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sideslash

Spider-Man wins rather handily.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman could tie him up and make sure he couldn't use his arms at all and drop Wolverine in the Hudson or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I don't remember Maguire Spidey having any good speed feats, Wolverine could stab him making strength a bit of a non-factor. That said, I haven't watched those films for a while now.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nerdork

@UltimateHero0406 said:

Spiderman could tie him up and make sure he couldn't use his arms at all and drop Wolverine in the Hudson or something.

lol, Thats no way for Wolvie to go down. But, true nontheless.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HBKTimHBK

Spiderman wins

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Obtrusive

To bad its not all the wolverines from movies and all the spidermans. That would be a 4 v 4 battle with 1 spiderman being the new guy.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27  Edited By Xanni15

@Strider92 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

Logan also was shot directly in the skull by Agent Zero and... Nothing, he shrugged them off. So the bullet feat is out, then we can reasonably say that Dukes is stronger than Sabertooth, Logan took shots from both of them and kept going.

The cop shooting Wolverine is straight up PIS.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Xanni15

@laflux said:

@GhostRider2 said:

Unlike Comic Wolverine, Movie Wolverine's combat speed was relatively poor. He could tag Mystique in X-Men 1, struggled heavily to tag Lady Deathstrike in X-Men 2, all of whom are slower Than Peter Parker. Before Logan lands a good Slash to Peter, he probably would already got enough hits to KO him, or would have webbed him up.

Spidey was tagged by Doc Ock, Goblin (Harry), and even had trouble avoiding Sandman at times.

Wolverine caught a teleporting "Deadpool", it's not like he's slow.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Strider1992

@Xanni15: Zero's shots were from a distance. Cop's bullet was nigh-point blank. Big distance gap, not the same circumstances.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Xanni15

@Strider92 said:

@Xanni15: Zero's shots were from a distance. Cop's bullet was nigh-point blank. Big distance gap, not the same circumstances.

Zero is a much better shot, that goes without saying. Did you see what he did from a distance?

Considering Logan has survived worse, I still stick with it being PIS. Plus Logan is from Origins, would his X2 feats apply?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Strider1992

@Xanni15 said:

@Strider92 said:

Zero is a much better shot, that goes without saying. Did you see what he did from a distance?

Considering Logan has survived worse, I still stick with it being PIS. Plus Logan is from Origins, would his X2 feats apply?

Exactly. At a distance bullets loose velocity. At point blank you've got the full kick of the round before it has time to loose any speed.

Was there any difference between Origins Wolverine and the Wolverine in the X-men? To my recollection they are the same thing.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Eternal19

@Xanni15 said:

@Strider92 said:

I thought that all the x-men movies( except First class) were in the same universe

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Xanni15

@Strider92 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Strider92 said:

Exactly. At a distance bullets loose velocity. At point blank you've got the full kick of the round before it has time to loose any speed.

Was there any difference between Origins Wolverine and the Wolverine in the X-men? To my recollection they are the same thing.

I meant did you see what Zero did in the movie from a distance? Deadly accurate, ripping people to shreds. And I don't remember if his bullets were adamantium or not. For some reason I am thinking of that.

Wolverine wasn't as much of a jobber in Origins, more aggressive, and seemed smarter to me. He also fought tougher people. Sabertooth was tougher in Origins, as was Dukes, Gambit, Blob (incredibly durability).

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Xanni15

@Eternal19 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Strider92 said:

I thought that all the x-men movies( except First class) were in the same universe

I honestly have no clue, though IMO there were clear differences between the two.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By never give up

been done