Wolverine Vs Sentinel (Days of the future past) ?

Avatar image for youngman_logan96
youngman_logan96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By youngman_logan96
No Caption Provided

Wolverine

VS

SENTINEL

No Caption Provided

those who havent seen movie should avoid this

Ok so the sentinals killed the blink, ripped colossus into two ,killed storm ,bishop and iceman ,so how possibly they would be able to kill wolverine with adamantium ? yea in the fight scene at whitehouse he was barely able to scratch sentinal with bone claws ,but what about adamantium claws , would he be able to finish sentinals off ? he killed large ass sentinals in the game ,so whats so special about these ones in movie ? it looked like a destroyer rip off from the thor movie

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know. If it's movie Logan I'd say coin toss but if it's comic Logan than Logan.

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know. If it's movie Logan I'd say coin toss but if it's comic Logan than Logan.

didn't comic logan get killed by sentinels in the original days of future past story? and whether you think Logan can destroy a sentinel depends on whether you think the movie sentinels can literally adapt to any mutation or not

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wish we would've seen this in the actual movie...

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lordraiden

They would literally fry his flesh till there was nothing left but adamantium like in the original comic then absorb the adamantium making them stronger.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Night4345
No Caption Provided

This is what will happen.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentinels.

youngman_logan96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By youngman_logan96

@spiderman1997 said:

didn't comic logan get killed by sentinels in the original days of future past story? and whether you think Logan can destroy a sentinel depends on whether you think the movie sentinels can literally adapt to any mutation or not

well and how exactly they killed logan ? adapting to logan's mutation only way to kill him would be block his healing factor and decapitate him , which seems unlikely

exactly , in the wolverine they approached him for help but they never let him fight with sentinals in the movie

They would literally fry his flesh till there was nothing left but adamantium like in the original comic then absorb the adamantium making them stronger.

well logan has survived something like that too if you dont remember wolverine has survived nuclear explosion , nothing was left except the skeleton

Sentinels.

why ??

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngman_logan96: Yes, he pis survived...

He didn't get right back up and have the strength to kill a Sentinel.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrvalance: This is movie Sentinel though not comic and since they couldn't ever fry anybody until there is nothing left unlike comic Sentinels the Destroyer blast in the movie just killed people.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: Didn't even happebed to Warpath. Will never happen to Wolverine.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By slade_wilson

I don't think there's enough concrete evidence to answer this definitively. I'm going to give it to Jimmy on the base of only one Sentinel in the fight. Warpath, Pete and Bishop looked like they could take on only one Sentinel each for some time. The destroyer blasts were not obliterating so Jimmy could probably survive it no issue.

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting question. It could go either way. He was able to deflect a cyclops like blast, which admittedly is more narrow than what the Sentinel would throw at him. He did tank both Jean's attack and the nuke so I don't think he gets wasted with one blast. A freeze blast would immobilze him, but not kill him. Although a freeze blast plus a Sentinel stomp, might be enough for the win. It really depends what the Sentinel tries to do first. Was there initial go to move the impaler? If yes, or the heat ray, I think Logan gets in close and starts causing serious damage for the win. If they use a freeze ray, I think the Sentinel could take it. Close call here. I'd like to see more arguments from both sides but I'll call it 6/10 for Wolverine.

youngman_logan96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngman_logan96: Adaptation ftw.

@youngman_logan96: Yes, he pis survived...

He didn't get right back up and have the strength to kill a Sentinel.

I dont agree that was PIS , that was not the only time he healed from almost nothing left ,and everytime him fighting death and waking up alive again , he can survive johnny storm's supernova

@mrvalance: This is movie Sentinel though not comic and since they couldn't ever fry anybody until there is nothing left unlike comic Sentinels the Destroyer blast in the movie just killed people.

@night4345: Didn't even happebed to Warpath. Will never happen to Wolverine.

they did not show much power like to fry someone like superman does completely obliterate enemies with heat vision , and ice mean getting his head choped and dying was something lame , i mean common

I don't think there's enough concrete evidence to answer this definitively. I'm going to give it to Jimmy on the base of only one Sentinel in the fight. Warpath, Pete and Bishop looked like they could take on only one Sentinel each for some time. The destroyer blasts were not obliterating so Jimmy could probably survive it no issue.

yep very well said , infact if wolverine can deal with huge sentinals like them and surivive , p.s in the movie he heals at an extra ordinary rate , if jean was alive and went phoenix mode ,she would turn all those sentinals to dust in no time ,on the other hand logan's healing factor kept working even when he was trying to get closer and jean blowing him in pieces ,

Interesting question. It could go either way. He was able to deflect a cyclops like blast, which admittedly is more narrow than what the Sentinel would throw at him. He did tank both Jean's attack and the nuke so I don't think he gets wasted with one blast. A freeze blast would immobilze him, but not kill him. Although a freeze blast plus a Sentinel stomp, might be enough for the win. It really depends what the Sentinel tries to do first. Was there initial go to move the impaler? If yes, or the heat ray, I think Logan gets in close and starts causing serious damage for the win. If they use a freeze ray, I think the Sentinel could take it. Close call here. I'd like to see more arguments from both sides but I'll call it 6/10 for Wolverine.

when it comes to sentinals logan has been good at damaging tech stuff lol , yea they can immobilize him like freeze him but I doubt they have what it takes to kill with a mutant having a supercharged healing factor and with the adamantium skeleton on him ,and yea logan never hesitates or gets scared to take damage or afraid of pain because he knows he heals, only way to finish him would be disrupt his healing and sentinals dont disrupt but kill

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan might put some hurt on the sentinel but the sentinel was strong enough to just overpower colossus, who in the movie was strong enough to toss wolverine several feet into the air. The sentinels could just pound on wolverine like they did to Colossus.

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngman_logan96:

Thanks for the feedback. I had Wolvie at 6/10, now maybe 7.5 based on your response. Can I ask how you'd rate 10 battles? Thanks again.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Sentinel that nearly killed Magneto and you are having one fight movie Wolverine. The robot wins but if this was cartoon Wolverine, I can imagine Wolverine jumping up its his head and cutting it off

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentinel stomps

Firstly the Sentinel becomes Adamantium then developed swords or something out of it. As the fight goes on if Sentinel doesn't stomp Logan then it adapts to the point where it's swords negate healing factors.

This is a spite

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rogueshadow  Moderator

Why do people think Sentinels can replicate any power? They can't. And they can't adapt to any power either, Sentinels couldn't adapt to Blink's powers, couldn't regenerate [they could realign parts, but not outright regenerate], couldn't develop enough strength to rip Colossus in half, it took multiple Sentinels to do so, couldn't adapt to Bishop's blasts and didn't adapt to Blackbird's explosion.

Imo, Wolverine wins, he's shown he can dodge large creatures blows [Silver Samurai, 73 Sentinel - Which also had projectiles - He would have sliced its arm off if not for the bone claw].

@youngman_logan96 - Give him the big Silver Samurai Sword from the Wolverine if people think it's unfair.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drew_tan: Though in the same movie Pheonix was trying to blow him to dust like she did to the otger guys but Logan's healing factor prevented it. Plus He isn't just going to stand there and let Sentinel pound on him and Sentinel didn't show any resistance against adamantium either. Though Sentinel could also decapitate him and take the win if he can get him. So that's why I said coin toss in the first place.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dondave

Sentinel

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngman_logan96: Yeah I also thught Bobby's death was lame but he was unkillable in the comics so Singer had to find a way I guess. BUUUT something like completely vaporizing him would be much cooler and would make much more sense to a comic fan.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Didn't they copy Iceman powers? Logan becomes a Popsicle.

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HAMMER_OF_J2

Logan loses, they can adapt to anything

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentinel for the win.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whether the Sentinel can replicate Adamantium is a fair question. Assuming Movie Colossus is steel, that's a known material that Sentinels would have in their DNA replication database for certain. Adamantium is some type of space material I believe that in Trasks day would be unknown. The Styiker in DOFP would not know about it yet. In the first X-Men movie Mystique mimiced Wolverine's form but not his adamantium. I don't think we can have a 100% lock solid answer to this. I will say, I've sided with Woverine here on the basis that it would not replicate Adamantium. It could be that I've missed something in the science though.

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By marvel_boy2241

The sentinels already adapted to Wolverine when they killed Firestorm.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sentinels already adapted to Wolverine when they will Firestorm.

I'm pretty sure they used Iceman's powers to kill Sunspot and Sunspot's powers to kill Iceman. (Firestorm is a DC comic character)

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel_boy2241 said:

I'm pretty sure they used Iceman's powers to kill Sunspot and Sunspot's powers to kill Iceman. (Firestorm is a DC comic character)

Yeah hold up I had that confused lemme go back and watch real quick. Sorry about that. i'll get back to you.

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said:

@marvel_boy2241 said:

Yeah hold up I had that confused lemme go back and watch real quick. Sorry about that. i'll get back to you.

Yeah no I was right. Near the end of the movie two of the sentinels adapted using Emma Frost's powers. Sunspot escaped those two, but right at the last moment a third sentinel stabbed him with Wolverine-like claws. I thinks it's fair to assume they were adamntium. The only thing I got wrong was Sunspot's name. My bad, bro.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This is what will happen.

Pretty Much

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel_boy2241: Ah yes. I remember the claws. Though I don't think their healing factor was quite as good.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think the sentinel could take it

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I got confused here. The fight on the White House lawn was a lower level Sentinel. I thought that was the battle and marvelboy makes some excellent points regarding the final battle. I'll still say even the most advanced Sentinels did not have adamantium. That's not a mutation, that was more or less a medical process. I don't see how they'd adapt to a non mutation. There is nothing in Logan's DNA that would make the metal inherent to his genes.

jantjepeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan's healing takes atleast a few seconds ( as you can see in the beginning of '' the wolverine " where the atomic bomb removed his skin )

So if the sentinels just fired at him, or ice-bursted him ( doing this would atleast stop him from fighting back ), eventuelly another sentinel could grab him , and then there would be 1000+ things they could try to kill him, without wolverine be able to fight back, in the worst case bring him to base, where they WILL find a technologie to destroy him ( taking his healing mutation away like it's been done in the wolverine movie by somewon etc...) .

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since it's just one sentinel, Wolverine can win. It takes a while for the sentinels to adapt. Wolverine could straight up dismember it or take it's head off.

If Warpath could survive for a while, then so can Logan until he decapitates it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Observer_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One sentinel is more than enough to slaughter Wolverine.

In the bunker fight, Warpath was using adamantium blades which he manages to stab a few sentinels with. However as shown with both Bishop and Warpath in that fight, due to being 15 foot robots, they were too big to be taking any sufficient damage. Any damage they were causing, the sentinels were quickly healing from. At one point when a sentinel intercepts Kitty and Bishop, Blink teleports Warpath who looks like he's attempting to decapitate it as he stabs it in the neck, but his blades were too small that it only made a small hole before the sentinel Mystique flipped Warpath off and healed from the cut. Considering how little damage Warpath's blades were causing, I can't see Logan's claws being any better considering I'm certain they're smaller than Warpath's blades. Then the sentinel will just heal from what tiny cuts Logan can manage.

As for how the sentinel kills Wolverine, there's two simple methods I have in mind. It can either try this familiar method on Logan.

No Caption Provided

Or even more simpler, since we saw the sentinels were able to transform their bodies into adamantium as shown when one of them replicated Lady Deathstrike adamantium claws in the temple fight, the sentinel just has to turn it's hand into one big adamantium blade and either decap Logan or ram it's arm right through Logan's head.

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@observer_guy: Ripping Wolverine apart is a none issue. That specific instance of the Hulk is 1. By an entity with far better strength feats than any Sentinel in that movie and 2. That was ultimate Wolverine whose joints are specifically not coated in adamantium unlike 616 Wolverine whose bones and joints are fused with the adamantium creating Adamantium Beta which mimics True Adamantium and is truly indestructible. Adamantium is also far stronger in 616 than in Ultimate. Wolverine on Fox undergoes the same total binding process as in 616 including his joints. Plus it's far more indestructible. Phoenix who has better destruction feats than any Sentinel wasn't even able to scratch it, or beat out Wolverines Healing factor for that matter.

As for Lady Deathstrike we don't know that they were specifically mimicking her, especially since it's unlikely since she was dead by the time sentinels were a thing. Even if they were we have no proof they were mimicking Adamantium or even an approximation especially since they chose other materials to become tougher like diamond. Even if they were Lady Deathstrike wasn't going to kill Wolverine, she was winning the fight sure but at no point was it clear either was overtaxed in terms of healing, the only thing that stopped either of them in that fight was Wolverine filling her body with liquid Adamantium. So assuming they make claws to stab him with it won't really matter. They can't kill him, they don't have the feats to he's take worse than they can dish out. That being said, they can certainly incap or knock him out.

TinyFord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The movie sentinels absorb every power from everything they ever faced. The movie, they faced magneto, so they win.

If you think they don't absorb every power fine another approach then would be that they have at least once come into contact with anti metal weapons (seeing as the people in the bunker were the only mutants left that survived. They will simply slice him into bits. That is why it was necessary to stop them before they could ever adapt, because when they did they have become truly unbeatable.