#1 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio
Wolverine

vs. 

Optimus Primal (Beast Machines)

In a lush Central American rainforest....
#2 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

beast prime.....where was i when this happened ?

#3 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"beast prime.....where was i when this happened ?"
wtf? you don't remember BEast Wars or Beast Machines? it was the greatest!
#4 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"T.J. Magnum said:
"beast prime.....where was i when this happened ?"
wtf? you don't remember BEast Wars or Beast Machines? it was the greatest!"

no
#5 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough one.. They both have heightened senses. Optimus in his Beastform, but Optimus also has scanners so i'd say Optimus gets the drop on Wolverine. I think optimus blasts might seriously hurt Wolverine atleast knock him out, and if my memory serves me correct, i think optimus could fly, couldn't he?... so he has the advantage there. So i'd go with Optimus. I don't think Wolverine can get close enough.

#6 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never said Optimus that many times in my whole life...

#7 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio
Precise said:
"Tough one.. They both have heightened senses. Optimus in his Beastform, but Optimus also has scanners so i'd say Optimus gets the drop on Wolverine. I think optimus blasts might seriously hurt Wolverine atleast knock him out, and if my memory serves me correct, i think optimus could fly, couldn't he?... so he has the advantage there. So i'd go with Optimus. I don't think Wolverine can get close enough."
i don't remember Optimus flying....but it was a loong time ago...I'd agree with your final decision, tho...
#8 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though Primal is a smaller verion of the Actual Optimus Prime (Truck), he is still alot more durable and of denser matter material than any of the Sentinels on X-Men (Holo robots). i don't even think Wolverine's adamantium claws could cut into Primal. Plus Primal has various other things and tricks besides sheer strength to defeat Wolverine. 1) Primal is top of the line fighter, and 2) Transformers don't give "sent", their smell can blend in with all the trees and the rest of the enviornment becuase they don't sweat.

#9 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

And Optimus Prime can fly as with all the other Transformers. (In Beast Wars; Primal never flew... Not to my nowledge anyway; He either jumps really high or whats-his-face (who can fly) carries Primal around in the air.

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine..Curbstomp.

#11 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Wolverine..Curbstomp."
really? O_o maybe he wins, but no way it's a curbstomp...
#12 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"Precise said:
"Tough one.. They both have heightened senses. Optimus in his Beastform, but Optimus also has scanners so i'd say Optimus gets the drop on Wolverine. I think optimus blasts might seriously hurt Wolverine atleast knock him out, and if my memory serves me correct, i think optimus could fly, couldn't he?... so he has the advantage there. So i'd go with Optimus. I don't think Wolverine can get close enough."
i don't remember Optimus flying....but it was a loong time ago...I'd agree with your final decision, tho..."
You're probably right, but there were 3 different incarnations of optimus primes in the series.. easy to get confused.
#13 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah after he dies, and came back, he had all sorts of powers....I'm not sure if Primal could really kill Wolverine...but you gotta think about it..Wolverine has great regenerative abilities...can't he take a good hit from Primal?

#14 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he can, but if Optimus gets the drop on him, he won't let him get close enough to do anything. What's to stop him from blasting Wolverine over and over again?

#15 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"yeah after he dies, and came back, he had all sorts of powers....I'm not sure if Primal could really kill Wolverine...but you gotta think about it..Wolverine has great regenerative abilities...can't he take a good hit from Primal?"

Yes, he can hit Primal, but like I said before... It's not going to do anything.

#16 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio
Perfect Cell said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"yeah after he dies, and came back, he had all sorts of powers....I'm not sure if Primal could really kill Wolverine...but you gotta think about it..Wolverine has great regenerative abilities...can't he take a good hit from Primal?"

Yes, he can hit Primal, but like I said before... It's not going to do anything.

"
I think it will, in the series there was a episode of primal humans fighting i think Waspinator.. and he was hurt by rocks and spears... so why wouldn't Optimus get hurt by Wolverines claws?
#17 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio
Precise said:
"I think he can, but if Optimus gets the drop on him, he won't let him get close enough to do anything. What's to stop him from blasting Wolverine over and over again?"
yeah, but Wolverine will just keep coming back over and over again...i'd say maybe eventually Wolverinecan reach him and...

Perfect Cell, you don't think Admantium can cut through Primal's body?
#18 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"Precise said:
"I think he can, but if Optimus gets the drop on him, he won't let him get close enough to do anything. What's to stop him from blasting Wolverine over and over again?"
yeah, but Wolverine will just keep coming back over and over again...i'd say maybe eventually Wolverinecan reach him and...

Perfect Cell, you don't think Admantium can cut through Primal's body?
"

I thought you were talking about bone Wolverine. Yes, I'm sure now that Wolverine can scratch and cut into Primal, but not at deep as he would the Sentinels of X-Men.
#19 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio
Precise said:
"Perfect Cell said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:

"
I think it will, in the series there was a episode of primal humans fighting i think Waspinator.. and he was hurt by rocks and spears... so why wouldn't Optimus get hurt by Wolverines claws?
"
one of my favorite episodes...I'm starting to change my mind...I mean Wolverine did kill Cyber didn't he? sure Primal can attack with long range blasts and artillery but Wolverine is almost immortal he can take the shots, and when he gets close enough..SNIKT he'll just start tearing Primal to pieced maybe not all at once like he does with the Sentinels but  maybe this'll keep repeating itself until Primal is finally just a bunch of scraps...
#20 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, that depends on what you think is a win.. if a KO is a win, i'm going with optimus. If you think a kill is a win then i'm going with Wolverine.

#21 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio
Precise said:
"Well, that depends on what you think is a win.. if a KO is a win, i'm going with optimus. If you think a kill is a win then i'm going with Wolverine."
that's fair....
#22 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio
Precise said:
"Well, that depends on what you think is a win.. if a KO is a win, i'm going with optimus. If you think a kill is a win then i'm going with Wolverine."

That's true, but just to let you guys know. The Transformers are nearly Immortal too. Optimus Prime is more than a billion years old. And if any of the Transformers' body does blow up or malfuntion; they're memories are stored in Cybertron. So in order to really kill them permanetly, you have to destroy the whole planet of Cybertron.
#23 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio
Perfect Cell said:
"Precise said:

That's true, but just to let you guys know. The Transformers are nearly Immortal too. Optimus Prime is more than a billion years old. And if any of the Transformers' body does blow up or malfuntion; they're memories are stored in Cybertron. So in order to really kill them permanetly, you have to destroy the whole planet of Cybertron.
"
well i'd say in this case..for a sake of a one one battle... a kill would mean destroying optimus primal's body because i don't think he can really revive right away...