wolverine vs nightwing

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By XiiX

Nightwing gets turned into ribbons.

Fire_Ant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Fire_Ant

I'm sure this is long past done, but someone mentioned earlier using knock out gas. Someone said it didn't work. Why would that be? I think it would work, and cowardly is really just a complaint people use when they get blinded sided by something that levels the playing field. Of course Nightwing knows he can't take this guy down with brute force. He's smart and nimble enough to avoid getting hit by Wolverine, so he's not going to engage in close quarters with him. Smoke him with sleepy gas, degauss his brain, hit him with a trank dart, or do all three to be safe and then, magnet that caveman up to a wall and take a bat-nap. Nightwing may not be the smartest guy in DC, but he's smarter than I am, so if I can figure this out, why couldn't he?

Deatheye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Deatheye

Wolverine

Avatar image for scottishwarlord
ScottishWarlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By ScottishWarlord

i agree Wolverine has lost to opponents that are no where near as smart or skilled as Nightwing i give this to Nightwing

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Fire_Ant said:

I'm sure this is long past done, but someone mentioned earlier using knock out gas. Someone said it didn't work. Why would that be? I think it would work, and cowardly is really just a complaint people use when they get blinded sided by something that levels the playing field. Of course Nightwing knows he can't take this guy down with brute force. He's smart and nimble enough to avoid getting hit by Wolverine, so he's not going to engage in close quarters with him. Smoke him with sleepy gas, degauss his brain, hit him with a trank dart, or do all three to be safe and then, magnet that caveman up to a wall and take a bat-nap. Nightwing may not be the smartest guy in DC, but he's smarter than I am, so if I can figure this out, why couldn't he?

Wolverine has more than one showing wherein knockout gas, and even nerve toxins, could not override his healing factor.

Insofar as Nightwing's acrobatics, Wolverine tags Spider-Man regularly. I don't think NW will prove too problematic.

The only way Nightwing has a ghost of a chance, is if we ONLY look at Wolverine's low end feats and assume jobber aura is on overdrive.

In all other possible scenarios, this is a stomp. Yes, a stomp.

Wolverine would run all over Dick worse than Deathstroke ever has.

Granted, were this fight ever to make its way into a comic book, the powers that be would make NW look good, much like they would Daredevil. But that is all show and in respect to the iconic status of the characters in question.

@ScottishWarlord said:

i agree Wolverine has lost to opponents that are no where near as smart or skilled as Nightwing i give this to Nightwing

Name them. I can only think of Punisher as written by Garth Ennis. The man who purposefully wrote Logan to look like an ignoramus and openly admitted to such in interviews. Another is Mister X, who's exact power set had very much yet to be established when he KO'd Logan in his first appearance - his first appearance, so of course he needed to make a 'splash'. In other words, Wolverine was jobbing to the latest new comer again. As soon as the powers that be chose to have him as 'peak human', the odds of him actually KO'ing Logan began looking more and more like plot induced stupidity than anything else.

Even so, even if you'd like to lend credibility to said showings, Mister X would beat Nightwing in a scrap, and I'd be tempted to give a slight majority to the Punisher as well.

The only cherry picked showings you can come up with are obvious PIS. But I'm willing to hear of all these lesser opponents who've schooled Logan ... do tell.

Conversely, Shatterstar is close to Nightwing in scope and power set (extremely acrobatic) only he's actually enhanced and Wolverine kicked the crap out of him without popping his claws. Captain America is another who is at least a tier above Nightwing, more on Batman's level with enhanced physicals, and Wolverine's gotten the upper hand on him twice while holding back (yes, Logan had Steve's number in AvX, obvious is obvious).

Nightwing has zero chances I'm afraid. In fact, this is very close to stompage.

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By pea55

Wolverine

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers