#1 Posted by Lunacyde (19523 posts) - - Show Bio

Situation 1.

Bone Claw Wolverine vs. Nemesis (Nothing but sword of standard material)

Situation 2.

Adamantium Laced Wolverine vs. Nemesis (Creation blades and Stealth Suit)

Rules:

- Win by Death, KO, incapacitation.

- Opponents begin 50 feet apart facing each other.

- Fight begins at high noon. Time passes as normal.

- Both combatants are in character.

- Neither knows anything about the other. Random encounter.

Setting:

#2 Edited by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Wolverine could win in a tough fight.

Round 2: Nemesis stomps.

#3 Edited by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

Between her empathic move reading and having just straight skill that's at the level where she can pull off Batgirl's gimmick and read and speak in body language, she's got the right set of abilities to outfight Wolverine just like Mr. X did. Backed by a superhuman physique and experience measured in thousands of years, I think she takes Wolverine. Putting him down may be hard but not impossible. If nothing else, Age of Ultron showed Wolverine can be killed with blades, whether he has adamantium or not. The stealth suit in the second round provides a defense superior to even that of Majestic and the Creation Blades are an unstoppable offense.

#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (45689 posts) - - Show Bio

From the little read I did on here, I'd take Logan for round 1, and her in round 2.

#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (45689 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot said:

Between her empathic move reading and having just straight skill that's at the level where she can pull off Batgirl's gimmick and read and speak in body language, she's got the right set of abilities to outfight Wolverine just like Mr. X did. Backed by a superhuman physique and experience measured in thousands of years, I think she takes Wolverine. Putting him down may be hard but not impossible. If nothing else, Age of Ultron showed Wolverine can be killed with blades, whether he has adamantium or not. The stealth suit in the second round provides a defense superior to even that of Majestic and the Creation Blades are an unstoppable offense.

Wolverine was getting incapacitated with blades before Age of Ultron by people with noticeable stat advantages and great skill by people like Gorgon.

#6 Edited by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Incapacitated isn't the same as being killed. I put that there to just so it's said outright that it can happen.

#7 Posted by Wolverine08 (45689 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot:

Oh, didn't read that part of your post thoroughly. Thought you meant getting downed. Wolverine really got killed by a blade in Age of Ultron? Didn't read the event because I heard it was horrible.

#8 Edited by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot:

Oh, didn't read that part of your post thoroughly. Thought you meant getting downed. Wolverine really got killed by a blade in Age of Ultron? Didn't read the event because I heard it was horrible.

I thought it was a good event, certainly an interesting way to do one with some reasonable repercussions and further stories to spin out of it, and short too. Or it felt that way. Wolverine has to kill himself at one point so there isn't an extra one of himself in the timeline.

#9 Posted by Wolverine08 (45689 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot said:

@wolverine08 said:

@buckshot:

I thought it was a good event, certainly an interesting way to do one with some reasonable repercussions and further stories to spin out of it, and short too. Or it felt that way. Wolverine has to kill himself at one point so there isn't an extra one of himself in the timeline.

Kind of meh on Wolverine being killed by a blade. Should of just drowned himself. *Shakes fist at Michael Bendis*. Thanks for the info anyways Buck.

#10 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Why are you meh on it if you just brought up that he's been incapacitated that way before?

#11 Edited by Wolverine08 (45689 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot:

I can deal with him being incapacitated via organ injury/removement with blades, but that isn't something that I feel should completely kill him with where his healing factor's power is at. Temporary death state is more like it.

#12 Posted by dondave (38903 posts) - - Show Bio

Nemesis