• 49 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7528 posts) - - Show Bio

The Adamantium Warrior vs the Unbreakable Man.

Wolverine's claws have shown to be capable of cutting down just about anything in the Marvel Universe, but can they cut down the man with unbreakable skin?

Both combatants are in character, but perceive the other to be a villain.

Just so this does not take over the debate, Wolverine DOES have his healing factor.

Battle takes place in Times Square. There are no people, but there are cars parked along the roads.

Combatants start 100 feet apart.

Victory is achieved through KO, incapacitation, or death.

*My apologies if this has been done before but nothing was showing on the search function for me*

#2 Posted by Wolverine08 (41069 posts) - - Show Bio

Good battle. Cage has the strength to put Wolverine down, but I'm not sure if he has the speed to tag Wolverine, and one claw stab will leave Luke in trouble. I'm leaning towards Logan.

#3 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9037 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist has shown that speed is everything when fighting luke cage. Which Wolverine has.

#4 Posted by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

Good battle. Cage has the strength to put Wolverine down, but I'm not sure if he has the speed to tag Wolverine, and one claw stab will leave Luke in trouble. I'm leaning towards Logan.

I read in another Wolverine vs Cage thread that Cage once said Logan didn't have enough strength to pierce his skin. I've never seen a scan of him saying that, just thought it was interesting.

I'm on your side though, I believe Wolverine can win.

#5 Posted by dondave (36436 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793 said:

@wolverine08 said:

Good battle. Cage has the strength to put Wolverine down, but I'm not sure if he has the speed to tag Wolverine, and one claw stab will leave Luke in trouble. I'm leaning towards Logan.

I read in another Wolverine vs Cage thread that Cage once said Logan didn't have enough strength to pierce his skin. I've never seen a scan of him saying that, just thought it was interesting.

I'm on your side though, I believe Wolverine can win.

IIRC Wolverine's claws have gotten through his skin, but not very deep or something along those lines

Online
#6 Posted by Wolverine08 (41069 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793 said:

@wolverine08 said:

Good battle. Cage has the strength to put Wolverine down, but I'm not sure if he has the speed to tag Wolverine, and one claw stab will leave Luke in trouble. I'm leaning towards Logan.

I read in another Wolverine vs Cage thread that Cage once said Logan didn't have enough strength to pierce his skin. I've never seen a scan of him saying that, just thought it was interesting.

I'm on your side though, I believe Wolverine can win.

Hmm, I'm not sure about that. Adamantium can pierce Cage's skin, and Logan has pierced the Hulk's skin before with his claws. So I think he can do the same with Cage.

#7 Posted by God_Spawn (37685 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine would kick the sh*t out of Cage.

Moderator
#8 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine would kick the sh*t out of Cage.

No lol, with out adamantium claws Luke would wreck Wolverines day UP!

#9 Posted by God_Spawn (37685 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Wolverine would kick the sh*t out of Cage.

No lol, with out adamantium claws Luke would wreck Wolverines day UP!

Yes lol. OP doesn't say anything about him not having adamantium, so your point is irrelevant.

Moderator
#10 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2819 posts) - - Show Bio

@cara_hunter said:

@god_spawn said:

Wolverine would kick the sh*t out of Cage.

No lol, with out adamantium claws Luke would wreck Wolverines day UP!

Yes lol. OP doesn't say anything about him not having adamantium, so your point is irrelevant.

#11 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

@cara_hunter said:

@god_spawn said:

Wolverine would kick the sh*t out of Cage.

No lol, with out adamantium claws Luke would wreck Wolverines day UP!

Yes lol. OP doesn't say anything about him not having adamantium, so your point is irrelevant.

Wolverine doesn't have the strength to even hurt Cage with out his claws

with out claws (even if he still has ad skeleton) Luke will slap weak wolverine around like a rag doll.

#12 Edited by jashro44 (20747 posts) - - Show Bio

The line about wolverines claws not cutting very deep into Luke cage is from a what if? Enemy of the state. Wolverine should stomp.

#13 Posted by dondave (36436 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

The line about wolverines claws not cutting very deep into Luke cage is from a what if? Enemy of the state. Wolverine should stomp.

Thanks for clearing that up

Online
#14 Edited by jashro44 (20747 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by i_like_swords (13944 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@cara_hunter said:

@god_spawn said:

Wolverine would kick the sh*t out of Cage.

No lol, with out adamantium claws Luke would wreck Wolverines day UP!

Yes lol. OP doesn't say anything about him not having adamantium, so your point is irrelevant.

Wolverine doesn't have the strength to even hurt Cage with out his claws

with out claws (even if he still has ad skeleton) Luke will slap weak wolverine around like a rag doll.

If you're going to play that game then

Wolverine would annihilate Luke without his unbreakable skin. Without his unbreakable skin Wolverine could cut Cage up like butter!

See what I mean? Saying a characters has limitations because you've taken away a fundamental part of them is just pointless. It's like saying well Spider-Man couldn't dodge bullets without his spider powers!

..but he has them.

#16 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9037 posts) - - Show Bio

@cara_hunter said:

@god_spawn said:

@cara_hunter said:

@god_spawn said:

Wolverine would kick the sh*t out of Cage.

No lol, with out adamantium claws Luke would wreck Wolverines day UP!

Yes lol. OP doesn't say anything about him not having adamantium, so your point is irrelevant.

Wolverine doesn't have the strength to even hurt Cage with out his claws

with out claws (even if he still has ad skeleton) Luke will slap weak wolverine around like a rag doll.

If you're going to play that game then

Wolverine would annihilate Luke without his unbreakable skin. Without his unbreakable skin Wolverine could cut Cage up like butter!

See what I mean? Saying a characters has limitations because you've taken away a fundamental part of them is just pointless. It's like saying well Spider-Man couldn't dodge bullets without his spider powers!

..but he has them.

But Wolverine without his arms would get completely wrecked by superman.

#17 Edited by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: you fool, I was just correcting him by saying there's NO way Wolverine can win with out his claws

kicking Luke won't do any damage.

#18 Edited by i_like_swords (13944 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords said:

@cara_hunter said:

@god_spawn said:

@cara_hunter said:

@god_spawn said:

Wolverine would kick the sh*t out of Cage.

No lol, with out adamantium claws Luke would wreck Wolverines day UP!

Yes lol. OP doesn't say anything about him not having adamantium, so your point is irrelevant.

Wolverine doesn't have the strength to even hurt Cage with out his claws

with out claws (even if he still has ad skeleton) Luke will slap weak wolverine around like a rag doll.

If you're going to play that game then

Wolverine would annihilate Luke without his unbreakable skin. Without his unbreakable skin Wolverine could cut Cage up like butter!

See what I mean? Saying a characters has limitations because you've taken away a fundamental part of them is just pointless. It's like saying well Spider-Man couldn't dodge bullets without his spider powers!

..but he has them.

But Wolverine without his arms would get completely wrecked by superman.

Implying Superman beats up furry disabled midgets

#19 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9037 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

@i_like_swords said:

@cara_hunter said:

@god_spawn said:

@cara_hunter said:

@god_spawn said:

Wolverine would kick the sh*t out of Cage.

No lol, with out adamantium claws Luke would wreck Wolverines day UP!

Yes lol. OP doesn't say anything about him not having adamantium, so your point is irrelevant.

Wolverine doesn't have the strength to even hurt Cage with out his claws

with out claws (even if he still has ad skeleton) Luke will slap weak wolverine around like a rag doll.

If you're going to play that game then

Wolverine would annihilate Luke without his unbreakable skin. Without his unbreakable skin Wolverine could cut Cage up like butter!

See what I mean? Saying a characters has limitations because you've taken away a fundamental part of them is just pointless. It's like saying well Spider-Man couldn't dodge bullets without his spider powers!

..but he has them.

But Wolverine without his arms would get completely wrecked by superman.

Implying Superman beats up furry disabled midgets

I laughed more than I should have.

#20 Posted by i_like_swords (13944 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: you fool, I was just correcting him by saying there's NO way Wolverine can win with out his claws

kicking Luke won't do any damage.

I don't think he literally meant Wolverine would kick the sh*t out of him. He'd most likely be using his claws.

#21 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by i_like_swords (13944 posts) - - Show Bio

@cara_hunter: No, you said "no lol", then he agreed with you, but pointed out Wolverine has adamantium in this scenario, and pretty much always does, so it's irrelevant for you to point out that he'd lose without it.

#23 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: just correcting him when he said wolverine would kick the sht out of Cage

the claws are the only thing that makes this battle non worthy of a lock lol.

#24 Posted by i_like_swords (13944 posts) - - Show Bio

@cara_hunter: I think your definition of the phrase "kick the sh!t out of" is different from me and GS'. When we say it, we just generally mean to beat up, knock out, kill.. that type of thing. Any kind of win. I think you took it in the way of Wolverine literally kicking Luke or only using his hands and feet to beat him up.

And again.. that doesn't really make sense. It's like me saying Superman vs Wonder Woman would be a mismatch if Superman didn't have powers. But Supermans powers are fundamental to his character, so saying he can't do something without them doesn't make sense since he always has them. The same way it doesn't make sense to say "Luke would destroy Wolverine without adamantium", because Wolverine always has it, it's part of his character.

#25 Posted by God_Spawn (37685 posts) - - Show Bio

@cara_hunter: Doesn't make your point anymore relevant. And actually, yeah, Logan can hurt Cage without his claws. Despite his supposed invulnerability, Cage has been proven to be susceptible to nerve strikes on a couple of occasions. Black Panther with no powers did it, no reason Logan can't either.

Moderator
#26 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine's claws not cutting through Cage's skin is a moot point.

Logan just stabs him in the eyes and then has a beer.

#27 Posted by MarlboroMan (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

If morals on Cage will propably stomp this but if the morals off there is a high chance Wolverine killing the Cage

#28 Edited by RogueShadow (10323 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Cage flat out hasn't got the speed to deal with Wolverine, not saying Wolverine's going to slice him up this easily or anything. But yeah, Luke Cage hasn't got physicals outside of strength and durability to deal with Wolverine. Picture this but through Cage's eye.

#29 Posted by laflux (15317 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine would stab the sh*t out of Cage.

Fixed

#31 Posted by Bossmonster (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, since when is wolverine not cutting though Cage?

#32 Posted by RisingBean (3862 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Cool scan.

I'm on the bandwagon with this one.

#33 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (4923 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine has this.

Though Cage is an experienced combatant, has durability, and was given some training by Iron Fist he doesn't have the speed to keep up with Wolverine, especially since Wolverine's claws are capable of cutting through Luke's skin.

Poor Cage is gonna be yelling 'Sweet Christmas' before this fight is over!

#34 Edited by God_Spawn (37685 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: If you're saying you've never seen him use them then why are you even arguing that he wouldn't? That doesn't make sense. And if you've actually paid attention to the debate at hand, you'd see why I even brought them up to begin with.

Moderator
#35 Posted by RogueShadow (10323 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be more even if Wolverine had the Adamantium but no claws in my opinion.

#37 Edited by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@cf12793: If you're saying you've never seen him use them then why are you even arguing that he wouldn't? That doesn't make sense. And if you've actually paid attention to the debate at hand, you'd see why I even brought them up to begin with.

.....Because if he's never done them in comics, that wouldn't be the first thing he'd do against Cage. The argument isn't even about a clawless Wolverine vs cage though, so why bring it up?

#38 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793 said:

@god_spawn said:

@cf12793: If you're saying you've never seen him use them then why are you even arguing that he wouldn't? That doesn't make sense. And if you've actually paid attention to the debate at hand, you'd see why I even brought them up to begin with.

.....Because if he's never done them in comics, that wouldn't be the first thing he'd do against Cage. The argument isn't even about a clawless Wolverine vs cage though, so why bring it up?

But he has done nerve strikes in comics IIRC. You just haven't personally seen it.

#39 Edited by God_Spawn (37685 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793 said:

@god_spawn said:

@cf12793: If you're saying you've never seen him use them then why are you even arguing that he wouldn't? That doesn't make sense. And if you've actually paid attention to the debate at hand, you'd see why I even brought them up to begin with.

.....Because if he's never done them in comics, that wouldn't be the first thing he'd do against Cage. The argument isn't even about a clawless Wolverine vs cage though, so why bring it up?

He has done them on a few occasions. By you not seeing them doesn't mean he hasn't done them. And I said if you've seen the argument I was having with Cara Hunter, then you'd see why I brought them up. He/She was saying clawless Wolverine would get stomped. The OP didn't mention anything about her point and she kept on going on about it, and I ended up remembering nerve strikes work on Luke so realistically, even without his claws, Wolverine has a way to beat Cage.

Moderator
#40 Posted by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793 said:

@god_spawn said:

@cf12793: If you're saying you've never seen him use them then why are you even arguing that he wouldn't? That doesn't make sense. And if you've actually paid attention to the debate at hand, you'd see why I even brought them up to begin with.

.....Because if he's never done them in comics, that wouldn't be the first thing he'd do against Cage. The argument isn't even about a clawless Wolverine vs cage though, so why bring it up?

He has done them on a few occasions. By you not seeing them doesn't mean he hasn't done them. And I said if you've seen the argument I was having with Cara Hunter, then you'd see why I brought them up. He/She was saying clawless Wolverine would get stomped. The OP didn't mention anything about her point and she kept on going on about it, and I ended up remembering nerve strikes work on Luke so realistically, even without his claws, Wolverine has a way to beat Cage.

Okay, I see your point then.

Wolverine FTW still

#41 Posted by comic_book_fan (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

luke cage would be lucky to knock logan out at all wolverine is more skilled faster and more durable he will kill luke quickly hell he could probably take the majority without using his claws.

#42 Posted by HyperViper97 (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolvie can speedblitz for the win

#43 Posted by Juggy313 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Cage.... The guy one-shotted Rhino.. He hit She-Hulk so hard that the building around him collapsed.. I think he's too strong for Wolverine now... Not to mention when he need emergency surgery, they used a mix of adamantium and a high powered laser, which implies that Adamantium alone may not be strong enough...

#44 Posted by Juiceboks (8487 posts) - - Show Bio

@juggy313 Wolverine has taken hits from Namor, Thing, and Hulk. All characters MUCH stronger than Cage.

#45 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9037 posts) - - Show Bio

@juggy313 said:

I'm going with Cage.... The guy one-shotted Rhino.. He hit She-Hulk so hard that the building around him collapsed.. I think he's too strong for Wolverine now... Not to mention when he need emergency surgery, they used a mix of adamantium and a high powered laser, which implies that Adamantium alone may not be strong enough...

Or that they didn't have enough force to cut his skin. Adamantium is definitely strong enough.

#46 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5162 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine

#47 Posted by PastePotPete (362 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@cara_hunter said:

@god_spawn said:

Wolverine would kick the sh*t out of Cage.

No lol, with out adamantium claws Luke would wreck Wolverines day UP!

Yes lol. OP doesn't say anything about him not having adamantium, so your point is irrelevant.

Wolverine doesn't have the strength to even hurt Cage with out his claws

with out claws (even if he still has ad skeleton) Luke will slap weak wolverine around like a rag doll.

but what if he he knees luke cage in that soft place i think u know where im talking about or wat if he uses bone claws to claw luke cages eye sockets luge cage may have unbreakable skin but he has no force field

#48 Edited by God_Spawn (37685 posts) - - Show Bio

@pastepotpete: I don't why you're quoting him. The point is already irrelevant to begin with.

Moderator
#49 Posted by NICK31898 (2134 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Wolverine would kick the sh*t out of Cage.

No lol, with out adamantium claws Luke would wreck Wolverines day UP!

I don't even think Luke could take him without andamantium claws. He is samari master, and he is much faster. But, who knows.

#50 Posted by God_Spawn (37685 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick31898: If Wolverine resorted to the pressure points, he doesn't even need the claws to beat him.

Moderator