#1 Posted by TifaLockhart (14050 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-Flashpoint, obviously. Wolverine sells Kalibak a bad hotdog on the streets of NYC. Kalibak demands a refund. Old James says sorry, but he can offer him 15% off his next purchase. Enraged, Kalibak lunges. Strangely, no other superheroes or villains are anywhere to be found. Fight to the KO or death. Who and why?

PLEASE JUSTIFY YOUR ANSWER THANK YOU

#2 Posted by comic_book_fan (5629 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine more skilled fast enough to tag him and can cut him that's all wolverine needs to do.

#3 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3832 posts) - - Show Bio

Kalibak is a Superman level character. How is this not a mismatch?

#4 Edited by TifaLockhart (14050 posts) - - Show Bio

Strength isn't everything. Wolverine has fought plenty of superstrong guys.

#5 Posted by comic_book_fan (5629 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil_incarnate:

he is a superman villain not superman level he is not as fast or as durable and only really compares in strength because supes holds back.

#6 Posted by Saren (25671 posts) - - Show Bio

Kalibak might one-shot recent portrayals of Logan, but then again getting his butt handed to him by all and sundy is what Kalibak does best.

Moderator Online
#7 Edited by God_Spawn (37873 posts) - - Show Bio

Kalibak might one-shot recent portrayals of Logan,

NUH UH!! Unless you're Choverine. :P

#8 Posted by Saren (25671 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: If it's Choverine then Kalibak will probably get Logan into a submission hold and make him cry uncle.

Moderator Online
#9 Edited by God_Spawn (37873 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: Despite that, I am still enjoying the book.

Regardless, consistency still has Logan with a high damage soak, but Kalibak doesn't need many shots to KO him anyway.

#10 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12143 posts) - - Show Bio

.......... does Wolverine know what a Beta Club is, not like it matters but for real, he's going to eat one if he doesn't refund Kalibak's hotdog .....

#11 Edited by TDK_1997 (14891 posts) - - Show Bio

Kalibak should be able to defeat Wolverine.

#12 Edited by terry2012 (5210 posts) - - Show Bio

Kalibak.

#13 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3832 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil_incarnate:

he is a superman villain not superman level he is not as fast or as durable and only really compares in strength because supes holds back.

Which is still leaps and bounds above Wolverine. Not to mention that he regularly carries around a beta club and aero disks.

#14 Posted by comic_book_fan (5629 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil_incarnate:

yeah but wolverine has fought and beat people who are stronger and more durable he can win this.

#15 Edited by _Cerberus_ (3448 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil_incarnate:

yeah but wolverine has fought and beat people who are stronger and more durable he can win this.

If killing is allowed right?

I don't think wolv can when with out using lethal force.

#16 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3465 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_: I don't think wolv can when with out using lethal force.

Kalibak has a pretty good healing factor. Combined with his massive strength advantage and his Beta Club's long and short range attack options, Wolverine's got some work to do. He's fought Super-Heavyweights before (like the Hulk for example), but unlike Dr. Banner's split personality, Kalibak would probably try to eat Logan after defeating him. Unlike the Hulk, who would be content with just the KO.

#17 Posted by comic_book_fan (5629 posts) - - Show Bio

and if kalibak ate Logan logan would just cut his way out of his stomach.

#18 Posted by dondave (37333 posts) - - Show Bio

Kalibak

#19 Edited by Evil Incarnate (3832 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil_incarnate:

And how many of those are PIS/CIS induced?

#20 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3465 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: and if kalibak ate Logan logan would just cut his way out of his stomach.

Clever. But I've got to believe that Fourth World digestive juices/acids would be a little more than Wolverine's healing factor could handle (it's not absolute after all, and it DOES have limitations..). In addition, I seriously doubt that Kalibak would waste his time trying to consume metallic bones his teeth can't break using even his superhuman teeth. He'd probably treat them the same way you treat the bones left over after you finish your hot wings.

#21 Posted by comic_book_fan (5629 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil_incarnate: well kalibak putting up any real fight against superman is pis.

and that really gets passed around to much deathstroke beating the jla was pis and cis spiderman beating fire lord sentry beating Owen Reece those are all pis I don't think wolverine beating those guys are pis he loses most the time to them but he always puts up a good fight.

#22 Edited by BlackWind (6307 posts) - - Show Bio

One shot to the head from Kalibak and Wolverine's rain is going to smash against his skull. One hit from the Beta Club and Wolverine is going to be on the ground writing in pain.

#23 Edited by capall2 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

Kalibak is a Superman level character. How is this not a mismatch?

it sort of is...Logan has no means of finishing Kalibak on his own even tho he is a much better combatant due to his lack of sufficient strength lvl...besides that and durability Logan has the edge on everything else...

#24 Posted by comic_book_fan (5629 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: or he will go into a berserkers rage and cut kalibak up

#25 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3832 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: and if kalibak ate Logan logan would just cut his way out of his stomach.

Clever. But I've got to believe that Fourth World digestive juices/acids would be a little more than Wolverine's healing factor could handle (it's not absolute after all, and it DOES have limitations..). In addition, I seriously doubt that Kalibak would waste his time trying to consume metallic bones his teeth can't break using even his superhuman teeth. He'd probably treat them the same way you treat the bones left over after you finish your hot wings.

#26 Posted by God_Spawn (37873 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3465 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3832 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil_incarnate: well kalibak putting up any real fight against superman is pis.

and that really gets passed around to much deathstroke beating the jla was pis and cis spiderman beating fire lord sentry beating Owen Reece those are all pis I don't think wolverine beating those guys are pis he loses most the time to them but he always puts up a good fight.

Kalibak is either in the same weight class or close to Superman. He's fought not only Superman, but also Orion. True while Superman could use his speed to neutralize the strength and durability Kalibak possess, to say that Kalibak standing up to Superman is in the same PIS/CIS class in which Wolverine stands up to The Hulk or Deathstroke beat the JLA is ridiculous as the latter two don't posses anything within the range of their opponent's abilities.

#29 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3832 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by comic_book_fan (5629 posts) - - Show Bio

superman beats kalibak in everything but fighting skill.

wolverine is more skilled faster has better senses and a better healing factor than hulk that's

kalibak 1 advantage over superman

wolverine 4 advantages over hulk there fore wolverine has a better chance of beating hulk then kalibak has of beating supes.

#31 Edited by comic_book_fan (5629 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine vs kalibak

speed wolverine

strength kalibak in spades

fighting wolverine in spades

healing wolverine

senses wolverine

durability kalibak

weapons kalibak maybe however kalibak can loose his wolverine can't.

#32 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3465 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil_incarnate: KFC = Kalibak Fried Canadian

You are hilarious, mon ami! Well done!

#33 Posted by comic_book_fan (5629 posts) - - Show Bio

he also healed from being incinerated by Cyclops phoenix twice and he was swallowed whole by one of the mutant hunters and cut his way out of it's stomach I like the wolverine that had a good healing factor but could be overtaxed better aswell that version was stronger and faster than the current wolverine but current wolverine's healing factor is crazy it's not pis because for wolverine that's the new norm .

#34 Posted by Hyperlight (5821 posts) - - Show Bio

im leaning towards wolverine if he plays his cards right

#35 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3465 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: weapons kalibak maybe however kalibak can loose his wolverine can't.

Here's the problem: While I would agree that Wolverine is faster and more agile than Kalibak, the fact is that the Hulk, Ben Grimm, Colossus, and many others have hit Wolverine before and multiple times at that. Kalibak could do the same. Also, their healing factors and super senses are practically equalized ( I'd go as far as to say that Kalibak's senses would probably be better considering just how animalistic he is), but to say that Wolverine's fighting skill surpasses Kalibak's, a being raised on and dwelling in a literally Hellish realm, a being scores stronger and several thousands of years older has a weapon he can drop?! My friend, Kalibak IS a weapon who CARRIES a weapon! It takes a being on the level of Superman and/or Orion to defeat Kalibak the Cruel. See, the Hulk figured out something very useful here. If Kalibak gets slashed by Wolverine's claws and realizes that they are actually sharp enough to cut him, he (as big as he is) could grab either Wolverine's whole body or both of his wrists with one hand and beat on Wolverine's skull repeatedly at full power with his bare fists OR his Beta Club with the other(considering Kalibak isn't known for pulling punches, this is well within his character). Logan's been around for a long time, but when he's been fighting and/or training for over a millennium, then i'll concede that he's better trained.

#36 Edited by Evil Incarnate (3832 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine vs kalibak

speed wolverine

strength kalibak in spades

fighting wolverine in spades

healing wolverine

senses wolverine

durability kalibak

weapons kalibak maybe however kalibak can loose his wolverine can't.

For one please stop trying to make this look like Wolverine is the Flash and Kalibak is Quicksilver because Kalibak like all New Gods has superhuman speed. Plus the last portrayal of Kalibak before New 52 was upgraded and can do this.

So once again I reiterate Wolverine becomes KFC!

#37 Posted by Saren (25671 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#38 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3465 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: The last portrayal of Kalibak before the new 52 was clawed to death by Tawky Tawny.

That was the one time I was disappointed with Grant Morrison. I could not stop shaking my head in disbelief over it. Still can't believe he wrote that into Final Crisis...

#39 Edited by Evil Incarnate (3832 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahahhahahahahaha!

#40 Posted by TifaLockhart (14050 posts) - - Show Bio

Tiger Tea!

#41 Posted by New_World_Order (13182 posts) - - Show Bio

Kalibak quite handily.