Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mickey-mouse
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Round 1 Rules:

• No Weapons, Armor, Or Gear
  • No Adamantium, but Logan has his healing factor.
  • Both Wearing Standard Professional Boxing Gloves, but made by Reed Richards to fully use the power of their punches without busting the gloves.
  • Basic Knowledge(Skills, Powers, & Abilities)
  • Boxing Ring Is Indestructible.
  • Fight Is In Gotham City, All Money From The Fight Goes to Charity.
  • DS has New & Pre 52 Feats.
  • No Cheating, The Beyonder Refs the Match.
  • Standard Pro Boxing Rules, 12 Rounds.

Round 2 Rules:

• DS Is Allowed To Wear His New 52 Armor
  • Wolverine Has Adamantium & Healing Factor
  • No Boxing Gloves
  • No Knowledge, But Each Are Allowed to Watch The Other Fight Vs a Group Of Hydra Fodder for 5 Mins.
  • Fight Is In New York City, All Money Goes To Charity.
  • DS Has New & Pre 52 Feats.
  • No Cheating, The Watcher Refs The Match.
  • Standard Pro Boxing Rules, 12 Rounds.

Both Rounds Are Morals Off, but In Character.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Wolverine is fined for the boxing gloves he ripped with his claws, and is promptly arrested/disqualified for stabbing Deathstroke in the face.

/thread?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wolverine, both rounds.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: The Beyonder and Watcher could stop Logan from cheating.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Damn.. missed that.

I'm undecided on Round 1, but I'm going with Wolverine in Round 2.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: @i_like_swords: Thanks for stopping by. I'm gonna look for some more boxing matches for Logan.

How many matches in round 1 can DS win? Reasons Wolverine takes the majority?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Wolverine should win in round 1 mostly due to the healing factor combined with the fact that he has pretty good boxing oriented feats like beating Roguehouse in a bar fight back in the day. Slade's physicals are supposed to be amped by a significant degree by his Nth armor so him not having it in round 1 means he'll be in the same league physically as Wolverine, and Wolverine can just simply soak more damage when it comes down to it, especially with his bone claw healing factor.

Slade getting his armor in round 2 helps, but Wolverine's skeleton is still better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Just to spark a bit of discussion..

The main reason I'm undecided for Round 1 is because of Slade's physicals in conjuction with his skill, especially due to the fact he's even stronger and more durable in the New 52, even out of his armor.

Think of it this way - Batman and Wolverine have roughly even speed feats (and possibly durability and strength with bone claw?), yet Deathstroke has taken a couple of very decisive wins over him - due to the fact he's stronger, faster and tougher. Now, Wolverine and Batman are relatively close in skill, but Wolverine has an extremely fast healing factor here - but then with the addition of Slade's New 52 feats he should be even stronger than before, so it essentially cancels out, more or less. So he could still have the physical advantage to take it.

I know it's not exactly bulletproof to use Slade vs Batman to determine a fight with Wolverine, but I figure it's better to give a consistent example of "Slade due to physicals" opposed to just saying it.

I can admit that Wolverine's superior raw skill and healing could win a majority in Round 1, but there's a part of me that thinks Slade is just too beefy with his composite physical feats to lose.

But I agree on Round 2. Adamantium > Nth Metal, and those adamantium knuckles are going to go to town.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolverine008

@i_like_swords: I agree that Slade's physicality is an advantage, but the reason why I believe that it necessarily gives Slade a majority(Or split) is that the armor at least under New 52 canon is what's supposed to be amping Slade's physical strength and speed be a pretty large amount letting him rip off the doors of pressurized jet planes and such. With the armor on he's around a 5 tonner, so while he'll still be stronger than Wolverine without his armor, he'd probably would be around a 3 tonner, which isn't any sort of drastic advantage when you consider that Wolverine is a 2 tonner himself and while bone claw he's been able to KO a class 50 Roguehouse. If Slade wants to get a majority, he's essentially going to have to break bones at a rate faster than Wolverine can heal, and with James boasting a healing factor that pretty much nigh instantaneously healed numerous broken bones, organs, etc. after he got completely crushed by a truck, I don;t see it happening. Even if Slade could, he's going to be taking damage while he's trying to incap through breaking bones, and I don't think his healing factor is strong enough to sustain him long enough to incap Wolverine. To go back to Batman, Slade noted that his healing factor was going to need extended time to heal from the punches Wayne was doling out, and not only does Wolverine have Bruce's skill to compete here, but he won't wear down as fast and he Slade doesn't really have the soaking needed to last with that for a majority.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08:

I agree that Slade's physicality is an advantage, but the reason why I believe that it necessarily gives Slade a majority(Or split) is that the armor at least under New 52 canon is what's supposed to be amping Slade's physical strength and speed be a pretty large amount letting him rip off the doors of pressurized jet planes and such. With the armor on he's around a 5 tonner, so while he'll still be stronger than Wolverine without his armor, he'd probably would be around a 3 tonner, which isn't any sort of drastic advantage when you consider that Wolverine is a 2 tonner himself and while bone claw he's been able to KO a class 50 Roguehouse.

Well, I remember Slade snapping a sword or something along those lines without armor, which is what led me to believe he was still stronger than his pre-52 counterpart. Although I could very well be wrong. And yeah, I agree it isn't a huge advantage, but I figure it's enough to edge out Wolverine, especially in a boxing match where technical skill plays a much lesser part than physical prowess and simple striking - which is what Slade used to defeat Batman handily twice (although granted Slade was feeling it a lot after the first encounter).

If Slade wants to get a majority, he's essentially going to have to break bones at a rate faster than Wolverine can heal, and with James boasting a healing factor that pretty much nigh instantaneously healed numerous broken bones, organs, etc. after he got completely crushed by a truck, I don;t see it happening. Even if Slade could, he's going to be taking damage while he's trying to incap through breaking bones, and I don't think his healing factor is strong enough to sustain him long enough to incap Wolverine. To go back to Batman, Slade noted that his healing factor was going to need extended time to heal from the punches Wayne was doling out, and not only does Wolverine have Bruce's skill to compete here, but he won't wear down as fast and he Slade doesn't really have the soaking needed to last with that for a majority.

And is this where I'm having trouble finding a counter-argument, Wolverine's healing is insane with bone claw. Although.. this is boxing, which adds a few new dimensions. For instance, Slade could win by points if he were to repeatedly knock Logan down and visa versa - but the trouble with that is, Logan being knocked down and taking a standing eight second count afterwards gives him ample time to heal, meaning he won't get TKO'd by failing to continue, and that would force Slade to win by points. On the other hand, Logan could wear Slade down as the rounds go on, or knock him out, with Slade not being able to heal through it. And I find it hard to believe that Slade could survive for 12 rounds straight unless he played it very, very smart.

Okay, Logan wins :p

*throws in the towel*

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mickey-mouse

Bump

Noone301994

Forum Posts