User Lists: 0

Wolverine

mancannon80k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

wolverine can simply regenerate after being cut or shot or whatever and will slice him apart.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke decapitates him.

Logan isn't getting past Slade's armour, either.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

How is Slade going to cut adamantium? and yes Wolverine is getting past his armor. Normal swords have done it so adamantium claws definitely can. Anything DS throws at Logan Wolverine can take. Its not the same the other way around.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wolverine with mid level difficulty.

Avatar image for godemperorofmankind
GodEmperorOfMankind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wolverine can simply regenerate after being cut or shot or whatever and will slice him apart.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gracetrack

The Wolverine in a hard fought battle, if this is New 52 Stroke.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolvie

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Good fight, but probably Wolverine.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With his healing factor wolverine wins. Slade with gear vs wolverine without his healing factor, Slade wins. Both without powers or gear wolverine should take it if he remembers how to use his skill.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Thor-Parker

Wolverine

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Wolverine with mid level difficulty.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Deathstroke becomes a sashimi.
Wolverine a sushi-ka. ^^

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which Wolverine? Current one lost his healing factor. If current Wolverine, Deathstroke stomps.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks like a troll comment

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine. But if there was prep involved Deathstroke wins. I could see him trapping Logan in a container he could not pierce and dropping him in a volcano or something crazy

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine 10/10

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine. They have similar physical stats, but wolverine is more skilled, more experienced, has a better healing factor and has better melee weapons.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine.

Zero_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine's bones are adamantium, but the tendons, muscles and joints that connect each bone are not.

Deathstroke rips Wolverine's head off of his body -- something he's more than capable of doing.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wolverine guts him.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#25 god_spawn  Moderator

Wolverine's bones are adamantium, but the tendons, muscles and joints that connect each bone are not.

Deathstroke rips Wolverine's head off of his body -- something he's more than capable of doing.

His healing factor messed with the adamantium during the bonding process and it coated his joints to make them flexible but also nigh unbreakable, hence why characters like Hulk, Ba'al, and Dracula couldn't even dislocate a joint when they've tried pulling limbs off. So Slade isn't doing anything to his joints.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier

I'm on phone so I just copied your part and replied.

"You're ignoring a few things. You're pointing out I'm ignoring things but you are totally missing contexts.

Kaine stabbed Logan through the heart. And Logan let him. Their whole fight was staged. It was piercing damage. You just compared a stab to a punch. Logan's blunt force is absurd, Kaine exploited a vulnerability. You can't compare Hulk punching him to Kaine stabbing him...at all."

(I'm not missing context. there was a bit misunderstanding. What I was trying to say, was, It doesn't matter, if Logan let Kaine stab him in the heart or he didn't. Wolverine's heart STOPPED to beat for a moment and Kaine was the reason. Tagging and hitting Wolverine in the same place (ribcage/heart) won't be/isn't a difficult task for Kaine. Here I ONLY meant, that Kaine can beat Wolverine, I didn't bring up this feat to say or show wolverine's BLUNT FORCE durability is low.)

"Kaine face planted him, but even as a non Wolverine fan I know that was lowballing Logan...who got up right after by the way and had SpOck by the balls."

(You are saying Spock and Kaine at the same time?)

"On the flip side everyone brings up the submarine like he tanked the entire weight, which is false. Spider-Man, Kaine, hell even Captain America can survive getting thrown through steel, and that's all that is. He was durable enough to push through the shell, which means he only survived that for a moment. On the flip someone like Spider-Man held up a skyscraper for a longer period of time and he doesn't have a healing factor or special armor. So while impressive, it should be taken with a grain of salt."

(With all due respect, I don't know what you're trying to say here. It's simply a fact, he tanked a submarine by a 100+ tonner tossed at him with high speed (momentum comes into play, makes it even more impressive) hell, there was an explosion after the impact. Spiderman and captain America cannot replicate this. And you're saying spider man held up a skysracper? This should be considered a durability or strength feat?)

"As for taking Wonder Woman's hits I can show you Captain America or Spider-Man taking hits from Hulk, but does that mean that they were getting hit full blast? Probably not. A Woman who can put Superman on his ass with a hit can't put down Deathstroke? C'mon now."

(I don't get why you're mentioning captain america and spiderman?

Wonder Woman was angry, that should indicate that she punched him hard at least(not the same striking power he would punch supes though).

I was trying to be humble before but for the sake of your first paragraph, yes, I am a Slade expert...not just a big fan.

(well I like challenge)

And regardless of who wins in Slade vs Logan (feel free to tag me in one of their threads if you want to continue because we've derailed this enough I think) the Spiders will win this more often than not with some big struggles I think. And that's what really matters.

(Actually I was trying to say Slade lasts as long as wolverine at least, not derailing, as I said why he is a big threat. The Spiders win I have same opinion. You have knowledge on Wolverine aa well, if you want we can make a Cav Deathstroke vs Wolverine with similar rules listed in this thread)

Capfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine, his berserker rage and animalistic senses combined with regenerative healing and raw aggression will make him too much to handle... Wolverine also is on par with Captain America and Iron Fist as the most skilled fighters in the Marvel Universe

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By XioKenji

Going with the guy that can keep up with a pissed of WW and rekt a blitzing Supes.

But I'm not sure he can go thru Wolvy's adamantium.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@nathaniel_adam: The fact Logan let him does matter. Guys as skilled as the Gorgon, with telepathic skills so he'd even know where Logan would move to perform his next strike, couldn't land such a blow. The reality is if it was that easy then skilled fighters like Tomi would've done it.

If you're really critiquing my argument of the SpOck incident based on the fact I typo'd 'Kaine' instead of 'SpOck' at the first part of the sentence, and not the argument itself, demonstrates you have no counter.

You're clearly 'addressing' me using Cap and Peter because you have no counter again: people have high end feats. But we are in a Logan vs Slade thread now, so allow me to be more specific. Logan tanked a nuclear bomb...without his adamantium skeleton...and regenerated. He did with his adamantium and kept going. Much more impressive than a submarine to be honest.

Ok, Wonder Woman was mad. Wonder Woman slammed Bruce Wayne (Batman 35 for reference), with no suit or protection, from a sky scraper and face planted him into the sidewalk and cratered it. Bruce even stated she didn't pull her punches. Does that honestly mean Bruce as a human is durable enough to take Diana's hits? Diana was interrogating Slade in Deathstroke 8, not trying to kill him in one punch. She knew he wasn't a threat to her well being, but was clearly venting on him. That's why the lasso came after the beating. Unless we are going to suggest an armor less Bruce is as durable as superhuman Slade, then just assuming 'someone's angry so they are hitting hard' is unquantifiable. It shows Slade is durable, absolutely. Great showing for Slade, but let's not forget Bruce was hurting him a few issues earlier with punches.

But if that doesn't sate you, it doesn't matter. Logan won't be punching Slade and there's nothing to suggest his adamantium claws won't take him apart. Logan is faster by feats, and since is Deathstroke 7 he stated the sword guides his actions since he took it up his ability to keep up with super-speeders can be attributed to that.

So in summary, since I need to wash the dishes from dinner, is that while Slade is a physical match for Logan in several aspects, Logan is skilled enough to prevent such one-hit incap strikes to vulnerable areas like the heart even against equally or more skilled opponents (like Gorgon) and benefits from Slade not having the same luxury. So in a battle where both will clearly land hits, Logan's will count for more since Slade can be dismembered (where Logan can't be), and his healing factor is superior.

Now, dishes!

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_adam: Dishes pause. I realize half my post is now irrelevant to this thread since it was originally addressing the Logan/Slade vs Spiders thread, so from here out whenever I can post it will be specifically addressing the pertinent issues in a Slade vs Logan fight.

So yeah, apologies for the half irrelevant post.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Wolverine

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By comic_book_fan

wolverine

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Deathstroke still loses

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier:

The fact Logan let him does matter. Guys as skilled as the Gorgon, with telepathic skills so he'd even know where Logan would move to perform his next strike, couldn't land such a blow. The reality is if it was that easy then skilled fighters like Tomi would've done it.

If you're really critiquing my argument of the SpOck incident based on the fact I typo'd 'Kaine' instead of 'SpOck' at the first part of the sentence, and not the argument itself, demonstrates you have no counter.

I'm not going to reply to these, not because I have no counters but for the sake of the thread Wolverine vs Deahthstroke

You're clearly 'addressing' me using Cap and Peter because you have no counter again: people have high end feats. But we are in a Logan vs Slade thread now, so allow me to be more specific. Logan tanked a nuclear bomb...without his adamantium skeleton...and regenerated. He did with his adamantium and kept going. Much more impressive than a submarine to be honest.

Look you used the word ''regenerating''. I said it at the very beginning. Logan's healing factor is incredible. I don't want to talk about this any further, it is obvious. But I still have to see why you say Wolverine's durability is higher, when the feat you mentioned yourself is for healing factor, no DURABILITY.

Ok, Wonder Woman was mad. Wonder Woman slammed Bruce Wayne (Batman 35 for reference), with no suit or protection, from a sky scraper and face planted him into the sidewalk and cratered it. Bruce even stated she didn't pull her punches. Does that honestly mean Bruce as a human is durable enough to take Diana's hits? Diana was interrogating Slade in Deathstroke 8, not trying to kill him in one punch. She knew he wasn't a threat to her well being, but was clearly venting on him. That's why the lasso came after the beating. Unless we are going to suggest an armor less Bruce is as durable as superhuman Slade, then just assuming 'someone's angry so they are hitting hard' is unquantifiable. It shows Slade is durable, absolutely. Great showing for Slade, but let's not forget Bruce was hurting him a few issues earlier with punches.

Allow me to compare these two feats:

1. Batman
  2. has No suit
  3. has No superhuman durability
  4. has no healing factor
  5. Wonder Woman slammed Bruce Wayne from a sky scraper and face planted him into the sidewalk and cratered it.
  6. Bruce even stated she didn't pull her punches.
  7. Batman doesn't have similar feats consistently

1. Deathstroke
  2. has Nth Metal suit (most durable suit in DCU)
  3. has superhuman durability
  4. has a low healing factor
  5. Wonder Woman only punched her in the face
  6. plus he's tanked a submarine, traded blows consistently with superhuman 5+ to .... tonners.

If you don't see that there's a huge difference, what more can I say?

Bruce hurting him with punches? When he was weakened?When he has to cope with his other eye? yet Batman couldn't beat him and it ended in a stalemate? (Any you say, that I'm missing contexts)

But if that doesn't sate you, it doesn't matter. Logan won't be punching Slade and there's nothing to suggest his adamantium claws won't take him apart. Logan is faster by feats, and since is Deathstroke 7 he stated the sword guides his actions since he took it up his ability to keep up with super-speeders can be attributed to that.

With mere punches Logan can't take him down, that's right he'd use his claws. But given Deathstroke's durability and Nth Metal suit and HF, I don't think Logan will take him down. Winter Solider slowed down wolverine with mere bullets, I see slade accomplishing the same feat due to his accuracy and intelligence.

So in summary, since I need to wash the dishes from dinner, is that while Slade is a physical match for Logan in several aspects, Logan is skilled enough to prevent such one-hit incap strikes to vulnerable areas like the heart even against equally or more skilled opponents (like Gorgon) and benefits from Slade not having the same luxury. So in a battle where both will clearly land hits, Logan's will count for more since Slade can be dismembered (where Logan can't be), and his healing factor is superior.

Now, dishes!

Since slade is stronger, more durable, skilled enough, as fast if not faster, while logan has much higher HF, a bit more skilled, as fast as Slade, Slade is more than a physical match for Logan. I'm sure based on his strategy feats and brain function Slade will find out the weakness in Wolverine during the fight. And he has the means to use this weakness in his favor.

HulkSmashU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine wins

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How quick this turned into a Bat man thread...

Thunderbol2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THis is done like once a week ha ha winner just depends on what h8ers are on line that week

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine.

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine for reasons stated

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_adam: Slade's durability is no longer boosted by Nth metal...he doesn't have it in this new series. He had it in his first New 52 series, not here.

And I never said Bruce was superior to Slade physically, I was pointing out the lunacy of thinking that Diana couldn't pulp Slade with a single blow. If she wanted to kill Slade, he would have been dead in the first hit. Same with Bruce. This God killer sword is no different than the Justice Buster suit in thay it's a story telling device to allow guys horribly outclassed by the higher tiers show off against them because, well, it's fun (and Slade's current title has been pretty fun, Endgame unfortunately feel flat in its conclusion IMO). Saying it's inconsistent for Bruce to take it but not Slade, is pretty biased. Slade is still currently 'weakened' in the current arc as well, that was never really resolved. But speaking of weakened...

Slade may be 'weakened' when Bruce hit him but it's hardly inconsistent for Bats to hit above his weight class because of how good he is. Hell, New 52 Bane is a beast physically,more than his Pre 52 self, and Bruce took him down with punches. Let's not forget Slade also tore off and used a brick wall against Bats in that fight, and he said a 'millisecond could cost someone against Batman'. So even though he's weaker, it doesn't sound to any huge exponential degree.

But the real point is, if Batman can do it to Slade, so can Wolverine. Except Logan doesn't pull punches against his enemies. And Slade may be stronger, and even IF he is more durable (not really since adamantium skeleton is tied to Logan's durability, not his HF...plus no evidence of Nth metal) it doesn't matter because of Logan's claws and Slade's healing not nearly being good enough to instantly repair the damage of the fight.

If you think Slade will out muscle Logan, it's simply not going to happen. Look at Sabertooth, Omega Red, The Gorgon...all out class Logan in at least one physical department (some in multiples/all) and he finds ways to win. All are also more physical than Slade. If you think Slade is going to land that heart shot, I'd really like to know why Gorgon (a far more skilled swordsman than Slade who knows Logan way better) hasn't? Or how Slade will when Logan is the more skilled fighter? Or how Slade will last long enough to figure it out when he doesn't realize the guy he's up against is a human Abrams Tank?

In every category that really will effect the outcome of the fight, Logan has the advantage. Give Slade even basic knowledge and a few hours to prep, and he's bagging it, absolutely. But in a random? Logan has every relevant advantage.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: If we are talking about a fight regular slade vs regular logan and counting all of their appearances, the Nth Metal not enhancing his durability should not be taken into consideration.

I didn't say, that you claim Bruce is physically superior to Slade. I agree with you that Diana could've beat slade harder, but you can see Slade shrugged off his blows and was just fine. You say Diana tried to ask him some questions, she didn't want him unconscious.but I disagree with you here. Then why didn't she beat slade so hard so he was still unconcious but unable to stand up?the answer is, because she did beat him hard enough but it wasn't effective enough to keep him down. This is not the only feat that shows slade's durability and his suit can tank what high street levelers can't take. Anyway still Deathstroke > Wolverine durability-wise

We can't really say what kind of "weakened" he was. As for bane's instance, first, didn't Bane throw bats around and tossed things at bats until he escaped? second While Bane is is pretty strong he hasn't any durability feat that puts him on Deathstroke's level.

If Batman can do? STALEMATE a Deathstroke that is weakened and CANNOT fight with two eyes and used to have one eye. If Bucky can hurt a regular not weakened/depowered Wolverine why can't Slade? Who is at least as good as bucky at marksmanship and has an array of weapons like Bucky?

That's right Slade's blunt force durability is useless and wolverine is in fact very dangerous with these claws but Slade's healing factor, pain tolerance and his suit will keep him up, he has been cut been and fought on on many many occasions. Wolverine will tag him, sure, but Slade must be really very stupid to let Wolverine get a clean or dangerous/fatal claw strike, not to mention you need to attack precisely to penetrate the suit. I think in a random encounter, Slade will analyze him and find his weakness (he's had tougher opponents than Logan), and he has the means to do it (overloading his HF, damaging his vitals) during the fight, while he lets Logan strike him or run after him whatever.

If you're talking about being outclassed? You know what? That's Slade's elemental. As for outmuscling and these villains. Isn't Sabretooth known as Jobbertooth? Gorgon and? I think They've beaten Logan more than the other way around. Not like he in their first encoubter he found a way to beat them. And it isn't about being not as strong/durable/fast, although he has enough physicality, it's about intelligence>finding weakness and Slade is both brawn and brain unlike these villains.

His advantages are healing and claws, not in every category. Slade is smarter (being the tactician and finding out how to beat Logan), stronger, has deadly weapons.

Man it took time to write this and especially on Phone. Nice Debate so far.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_adam: Bucky KOing Logan is PIS. It is. And I'm a Bucky fan. Peter Parker hasn't KO'd Logan with fists, neither have guys like Colossus, but you want to use Bucky as the litmus test for Logan? Why not dig deeper in the PIS bucket and use Punisher who is less impressive than Buck? That's not really accurate to all of Logan's appearances. At all.

I don't understand your first paragraph. Battle forum rules state unless versions are stated we use current versions. Current Slade does not have Nth metal. So feats with Nth are moot. If we use a composite, we use what he has on average, and Slade hasn't had Nth in a majority of his appearances, so once again Nth is moot unless it's stated he has it.

Bane's first instance when he fought Bruce he was amped, and second time wasn't and was beaten. And without Nth Slade's durability limits aren't known either. And no, taking hits from Wonder Woman doesn't explain much. Bruce Wayne did too.

Wolverine doesn't need to strike 'precisely' to get through Slade's suit. There's nothing to suggest it can stop adamantium. Nothing. Whether it's his standard Prometheus armor or Nth. If you're going to make such a claim I'm going to need proof. Otherwise it's just a claim.

You make Logan sound like he's some mindless moron. You don't need to be a genius to be a good fighter. So even though Slade is the better tactical mind it's not like he is suddenly outside Logan's league. At all. Logan is one of Marvel's top three fighters, and whether you are a genius or not he is going to hit you.

And when he hits Slade, he's going to carve into him. If Slade blocks with his sword, no more sword. If he takes the blow with his body, he isn't going to heal fast enough to take another.

And don't pretend this isn't going to be a battle where both get hit. Before Sabertooth was a jobber (which is a development of only the last few years and those defeats have been revealed as 'Sabertooth clones') he could fight the X-Men and Logan had still pulled wins. And he beat Gorgon once by reflecting the stone stare with his claws. Pretty good for not being a 'tactical genius'. And he's beaten them more than he's lost last I checked.

Slade won't figure out the answer fast enough. He needs to figure out that Logan heals (easy enough), his bones are unbreakable (slightly harder) and thay he can't dismember him at the joints (good luck). Then he needs to try and land a very precise blow between the unbreakable ribs against a moving, fighting an opponent superior to himself in skill and speed and in damage soak who is going to be protecting that weak spot...without his sword getting cut to ribbons and becoming useless. Again, neither of these guys are dancing around one another. There will be lood, buckets of it. But Logan can dish out more and take more. All the mental acuity in the world doesn't help when your opponent has every other advantage that matters like skill, better weapons, and a better passive defensive powerset (healing and adamantium skeleton).

I'm a better soldier than the guy in the tank, but the guy in the tank still has a tank.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: When Bucky used bullets to beat him was it PIS? Why? And Deathstroke can't punch out Logan and he would't use punches either expect when he wanted to distract Logan or buy more time. What he would use is his gear, including bombs, sword, knives and guns. And as seen before he isn't that invulnerable against bullets, the same thing would happen, gunshots will hurt and Slade's accuracy is not to underestimate. I don't know why you mentioned Punisher?

Only using current feats of deathstroke isn't unfair? and wolverine is dead and didn't he lose his HF and I intentionally chose this thread because there only one rule there're no further stipulations

What I think, is composite deathstroke>Wolverine

pre/New 52 deathstroke vs Wolverine don't know who wins

and when I say Deathstroke beats Wolverine I mean the composite one.

I don't want to talk about the feat tanking blows from wonder woman further. Deathstroke took her punches to the face when she was angry and yet was able to talk, move and fight. Hell this really doesn't matter in a fight against an opponent, who uses no punches but claws.

Actually there's also no proof, that his adamantium clwas would bypass his armored parts of his suit. Nth Metal in DC = Adamantium in Marvel.

I don't say Logan is a dense man no matter how good he is as a fighter, the fact is, he doesn't avoid attacks but tank them instead, is a berserk fighter, "neglects" his fighting skills. that's all In-Character for him and I'm sure you know that. That all costs him .. futile

Slade is fast enough to avoid those attacks, that'll end him in a fight vs Logan. and he won't just stand there. and Like I said in the previous post slade's tough and durable enough to stay in the fight with a few injuries and contintue.

So while it's impressive. He's encountered Gorgon numerous times.

Wolverine is more skilled than Deathstroke but he doesn't use his skills and rather goes berserk, so this is really no advantage and he is definitely not faster and I think slade is also superior in reaction time and uses his skills at least, which gives him another advantage. With No claws, Why didn't he use his speed and skills when he fought Black Panther and T'Challa danced around him.