Logan both rounds

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@44orhsaj:

Come on man,, dd has really good showings vs wolverine... I mean if they have basic knowledge then is it safe to assume that batman will know about carbonandium(forgive the spelling) ?

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:

@44orhsaj:

Come on man,, dd has really good showings vs wolverine... I mean if they have basic knowledge then is it safe to assume that batman will know about carbonandium(forgive the spelling) ?

Batman doesn't have carboandium and there isn't prep. He's limited only to standard gear, just no magnets.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#10 god_spawn  Moderator

Round 1 could go either way with a slim favor to Wolverine. The big factor in this setting is that it favors Batman and Daredevil due to mobility via gear. Logan can traverse it via claws and hops, but it isn't the same as a grappling gun and DD's grapple batons. If the team can stay out of range and use things like cryo pellets, explosives in the right areas to slow him down, and manage to tie up Logan for an incapacitation, then they can win. Other than that, if it gets close, Wolverine can win due to his own skill, superior damage soak and devastating damage output where he only needs a well placed slash or two to completely swing things in his favor if not outright kill them.

Round 2 is the team. Same thing applies for the setting and versatility, but with this being BC Logan, he loses a big advantage in damage soak and durability and will be worn down eventually or incapacitated.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

R1 Wolverine 6-7/10

R2 Team 7/10

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@44orhsaj:

Ok...How long can Wolverine fight in berserker rage as I think that will be the difference in both rounds.. If the the team can stay out of his way long enough for him to quit being beserker then they should be able to win both rounds... IF not then they lose both....

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I personally think Wolverine has a better chance I round 2. he would be faster and heal quicker according to the scans Jashro44 showed me awhile back.

But then again a hit to the head without adamantium could cause his brain to rattle a lot more.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

The easy answer is Wolverine, but I think a case MIGHT be able to be made for the team. I know Daredevil has tangled with Logan a few times alone. However I am far from an expert on Daredevil, so I'll wait to see what some Daredevil experts have to same. I think a case for the team COULD be made though, at least in round 2. I'll wait and see.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn:Other than that, if it gets close, Wolverine can win due to his own skill, superior damage soak and devastating damage output where he only needs a well placed slash or two to completely swing things in his favor if not outright kill them.

Though I can see how Round 1 can go either way, I don't think Logan would gain a majority in close quarters. He would be overwhelmed by taking Matt and Bruce at the same time. Bruce is superior to him in skill and Matt is more agile and has quicker reflexes. Batman's equipment is also useful at close quarters and will come in handy for him. Let's not forget about Matt's nerve strikes. Daredevil can dance around Logan and distract him enough for Batman to get a chance to use a gadget to incapacitate him. Sure, one good Slash is all Logan needs but Matt is rather agile and Bruce is skilled and smart enough to keep himself in check. Not to mention Logan's skill level isn't at it's best when he uses his claws for combat.

I also support the notion that team can use their mobility and incapacitate Logan from a distance, I also think they can do it up close.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9:

batman is not superior to logan in skill,,, everything else you said was spot on tho... I think it comes down to surviving the onslaught and speed advantage Logan will have during his beserker rage...IF they can then the team should win...

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Round 1: Flip a coin. But before you do that, watch the fight because it's going to be awesome. (Okay, if I had to pick, I think Logan can take what they're dishing out and he can outlast them, but I think a strong case can be made for the team, especially since they have knowledge.)

Round 2: The team in an awesome fight. Logan's healing and speed may get a bit of a bump, but he won't be as challenging to knock out.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DigitalShooter9

@newecho said:

@digitalshooter9:

batman is not superior to logan in skill,,, everything else you said was spot on tho... I think it comes down to surviving the onslaught and speed advantage Logan will have during his beserker rage...IF they can then the team should win...

He is by feats...

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By newecho

@digitalshooter9:

The only thing you can say is bats uses skill more,, not that he is more skilled.... Wolverine has a healing factor and has a tanking style but that does not make him any less skilled and he shows it when he has to...

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:

@digitalshooter9:

He is by feats...

Yeah, Logan never rely on his skill

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By newecho

@k4tzm4n:

How much of a speed advantage will Logan have during beserker mode?? I think that is the key to both rounds...

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@newecho said:

@k4tzm4n:

How much of a speed advantage will Logan have during beserker mode?? I think that is the key to both rounds...

Do you think he'd do that for a majority, though? I view morals off as Logan has no hesitation killing them, not that he begins the match enraged. I think against two skilled and tactical opponents, he'd know he needs his head in the game. Whether he does, though, is of course up for debate. I could see him eventually having a "screw this!" mentality and going all-out. Just like any other street leveler, his speed showings fluctuate. However, he should be pretty darn fast. Not too fast for someone like Batman and DD to follow, but they should have a ton of trouble assuming he isn't jobbing.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elderskaar: @elderskaar: In the battle forums we go by feats.. Rest is just speculation.

Batman is more skilled than Logan.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By newecho
@k4tzm4n said:

@newecho said:

@k4tzm4n:

Do you think he'd do that for a majority, though? I view morals off as Logan has no hesitation killing them, not that he begins the match enraged. I think against two skilled and tactical opponents, he'd know he needs his head in the game. Whether he does, though, is of course up for debate. I could see him eventually having a "screw this!" mentality and going all-out. Just like any other street leveler, his speed showings fluctuate. However, he should be pretty darn fast. Not too fast for someone like Batman and DD to follow, but they should have a ton of trouble assuming he isn't jobbing.

Yeah that is my assessment also, as I believe that wolverine would not be able to handle the two in either round without "losing it". I just wonder tho how long he can keep that beserker mode going and if the team can tank the punches as they will be much more forceful and he will be much faster than they are... The team however would know this and could counteract it with strategy and gadgets.. I think the team wins both rounds but its really close in that first round.... The second round will last longer as Logan's HF is much better but in my opinion his chances are less without the strength behind the punches that the adamantium provides....

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elderskaar: @elderskaar: In the battle forums we go by feats.. Rest is just speculation.

Batman is more skilled than Logan.

I agree with that Batman is more skilled than Wolvie

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9:

again no.... Bats has more skill feats but not more impressive ones and its definitely not enough to say he is definitely more skilled.. If we use that logic then Matt uses skill and nerve strikes more than both Logan and Bruce...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Is Batman really carrying enough explosives to take Wolverine down?

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero:

to be fair,, wolverine should be able to be knocked out by these two...Can they?? idk.. what is your assessment on the speed advantage if logan goes beserker??

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What part dont you get about Batman

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mickey-mouse

@newecho: 50 feet apart, plus Basic Knowledge of Logan, plus Matt should know logan well...I think they will stay away from him and just try and use their gear. Matt's gear isn't all that great IMO. Batman is gonna have to be the MVP here, but I don't know if he is carrying enough. Shrugs***

I would think Wolverine is clearly faster, but they have grappling gear that can keep them away from him.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team both rounds, but it's very close each time.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero:

My view is actually the other way around... as I think bats will need to use his toys as a distraction and cause logan to go beserker as he can't stay in that state for that long... Then while bats is still using timed blows and gadgets to distract and weaken logan, then dd uses nerve strikes to win.... the second round will be harder for that particular scenario as his HF is Deadpool like...

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:

@digitalshooter9:

again no.... Bats has more skill feats but not more impressive ones and its definitely not enough to say he is definitely more skilled.. If we use that logic then Matt uses skill and nerve strikes more than both Logan and Bruce...

Bruce's feats are on the more impressive side. Stalemating Lady Shiva, beating KGbeast etc.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: IDK, DD could do that, but if logan gets one good stab on DD he's done for.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1-Wolvie unless Batman freezes him or puts him to sleep

R2-Team

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9: logan has beaten iron fist, black panther, Elektra, captain America, daken, ogun... the list goes on and on.....so again bats has more skill feats not more impressive ones...

@lukehero: definitely agree but dd does know logan,, so that should help in that regard

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lxlgiftedlxl:

how does bats put him to sleep?? I don't think it will work

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: That's why I think he would know just to use his gear and stay two arms length away from him so he doesn't get stabbed.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero:

its an interesting battle,, I kind of wish there was no gear tho minus battarangs and climbing tools... I think that would make it harder on the team....

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: I think it's a good enough fight as is, I mean he did take away batman's magnets, although freeze pellets would slow down logan as well.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero:

bats has tons of gas,, that could at least distract logan and effect him in ways that will allow the team to take advantage... So I guess that is what I mean by less toys....

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: I only recall Logan beating Fist in a sparring match, which only shown that Logan has skill but how much is up for debate. Danny wasn't exactly trying his hardest (no chi involved), and Logan then proceeded to lose to Squirrel Girl. So while sparring matches are valid, they need to be taken with a grain of salt as well.

Elektra is very good, but has beaten Logan as well (paralyzed him with a sai to the neck somehow and left it there) and has lost to Daredevil plenty.

Cap has also beaten Logan as many as he's lost, and Logan's edge comes from his powers which counters Cap pretty well.

And I believe the last time Logan fought Panther, T'Challa commented on how Wolverine relies too much on taking damage. I can't actually recall Wolverine beating Panther in recent memory, do you have scans of such?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#44 god_spawn  Moderator

@digitalshooter9:

Though I can see how Round 1 can go either way, I don't think Logan would gain a majority in close quarters. He would be overwhelmed by taking Matt and Bruce at the same time. Bruce is superior to him in skill and Matt is more agile and has quicker reflexes. Batman's equipment is also useful at close quarters and will come in handy for him. Let's not forget about Matt's nerve strikes. Daredevil can dance around Logan and distract him enough for Batman to get a chance to use a gadget to incapacitate him. Sure, one good Slash is all Logan needs but Matt is rather agile and Bruce is skilled and smart enough to keep himself in check. Not to mention Logan's skill level isn't at it's best when he uses his claws for combat.

Let's forget Matt's nerve strikes because those types of attacks hardly work on Logan. And how can you see the fight going either way but Logan can't gain a majority in close quarters when that is the ONLY way he can win? I'm not denying the proficiency of Batman's gadgets up close, but their best bet is to stay away. They can't afford to get in close and engage in melee combat because if they engage in close quarters combat, it is highly unlikely that Logan can't get a strike off. And Logan's skills are not at his best when in combat? What Logan books have you read? That is his primary means of attack. The guy can slice the wings off of a fly with them and cut clothes off people in a second with even touching them. If they aren't his best skill level then you should probably ask Psylocke, Captain America, Black Panther, Daken, Lady Deathstrike, Sabretooth, the Gorgon, Shingen, Ogun and the rest of his rogues gallery how they ended up when fighting his claws. His claws are apart of his fighting style. Just because he uses them doesn't mean his ability to attack like he can without them goes out the window.

@slimj87d said:

@god_spawn: I personally think Wolverine has a better chance I round 2. he would be faster and heal quicker according to the scans Jashro44 showed me awhile back.

But then again a hit to the head without adamantium could cause his brain to rattle a lot more.

His speed doesn't really change with or without adamantium. The guy at most is a 2 tonner and an added 100 pounds of metal spread out across his body shouldn't make that much of a difference. His healing SHOULD be faster without the adamantium but considering how powerful his healing factor has gotten since he got his adamantium back, I also say that difference has become hardly noticeable over the years. His best speed and healing feats have all been with adamantium.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: my point was that logan is just as skilled as batman.... The fights with tchalla are mostly no contest as @static_shock or @44orhsaj could elaborate more on those fights.. I only remember two of them and there was interference in both.... The iron fist fight was a sparring match in the recent years but logan has a win over him in the eighties lol... The cap and logan thing is a little more one sided in logan's favor I am afraid... Most of their battles have context to them tho....

But my point was that logan is just as skilled as bats... Bats has more skill showing but not more impressive ones and the guy i was talking to brought a stalemate to shiva and KgBeast, so I brought his many wins while just using skill...

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Let's forget Matt's nerve strikes because those types of attacks hardly work on Logan. And how can you see the fight going either way but Logan can't gain a majority in close quarters when that is the ONLY way he can win? I'm not denying the proficiency of Batman's gadgets up close, but their best bet is to stay away. They can't afford to get in close and engage in melee combat because if they engage in close quarters combat, it is highly unlikely that Logan can't get a strike off. And Logan's skills are not at his best when in combat? What Logan books have you read? That is his primary means of attack. The guy can slice the wings off of a fly with them and cut clothes off people in a second with even touching them. If they aren't his best skill level then you should probably ask Psylocke, Captain America, Black Panther, Daken, Lady Deathstrike, Sabretooth, the Gorgon, Shingen, Ogun and the rest of his rogues gallery how they ended up when fighting his claws. His claws are apart of his fighting style. Just because he uses them doesn't mean his ability to attack like he can without them goes out the window.

I agree with most of this especially not getting close at first,,My counter for the team would be that bats could use many sleep gas canisters to slow Logan down and then the nerve attacks of Matt should work on him as they already have....

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: Just about every fight has context. And I said that Cap HAS beaten Logan, not that he's won more. And I also pointed out that many of Logan's wins over Cap are because he has a powerset (healing, superhuman physicals in the high-street area, and adamantium durability) counter Cap perfectly. He's not winning on skill, unless you count the one AvX showing (one showing in how many?).

In the 80s Fist wasn't nearly as impressive. It's like saying Namor fought Hulk evenly in the 60s and 70s so he could do it now, when Hulk has far outgrown that. That's a dated reference, hell back than Fist was the typical 'glass cannon' and using too much chi exhausted him. Also beating someone doesn't make you skilled. Spider-Man has beaten Iron Fist and Wolverine, Flash Thompson one-shot Captain America. Does that make Peter and Flash top tier fighters now? No.

Unless you can show me Logan beating T'Challa using skill (since again, that's what this is about) I'm not convinced.

Look at it like this: you can be a well trained martial artist, and lose a fight to a guy in the street who has no training. Skilled training is not the same as skilled in combat. Logan also has skill, but doesn't rely on it as a mainstay. He usually relies on healing and cutting power. Bruce has no such luxuries, and must rely on skill. So in the grand scheme of who's more skilled (in comic book land), Batman is more skilled because he consistently uses it more and has the mindset to use it more. Logan does not demonstrate, apply, or use skill often enough to be on Bruce's level. Wolverine is good enough to fight skilled fighters, but his skill isn't winning him the day against them.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@newecho: I was thinking the anestetic gas he carries with him and that is built in to his suit.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Eh, I'll be a bit lazy and say Logan both rounds....

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morals off for Bats means he can use any of his gadgets to incapacitate Logan from the jump. I think the team takes both rounds. Bats isn't going risk a H2H fight with a regenerating, metal skeleton guy...especially since Logan won't tire like they eventually will. It'll come down to him using his brains to incap him.