wolverine vs captain america

why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By why so serious
Wolverine would beat Captain America.  Wolverine is stronger than him?
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By slimj87d
@why so serious said:
" Wolverine would beat Captain America.  Wolverine is stronger than him? "
Physically stronger? No. His mutant powers allow him to lift higher amount of pounds than most humans, but Captain America has more strength and speed due to his muscles being on constant steroids maxing them out.

I honestly think the fight can go 50/50 depending on what both parties are fighting for.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By spidey 15
@why so serious: No he isn't...they are both at peak lvl of strength...also the strength isn't all...=]
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By spidey 15
@SlimJ87D said:
" @why so serious said:
Physically stronger? No. His mutant powers allow him to lift higher amount of pounds than most humans, but Captain America has more strength and speed due to his muscles being on constant steroids maxing them out.  I honestly think the fight can go 50/50 depending on what both parties are fighting for. "
I don't think any of them is stronger than the other... as for 50/50 i totally agree but i think wolvie has more chances...=]
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#155  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@SlimJ87D said:
" @why so serious said:
Physically stronger? No. His mutant powers allow him to lift higher amount of pounds than most humans, but Captain America has more strength and speed due to his muscles being on constant steroids maxing them out.  I honestly think the fight can go 50/50 depending on what both parties are fighting for. "
Wolverine IS stronger than Cap.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By slimj87d
@spidey 15: 
I really sat down and thought about it. Wolverine is a mutant sure, and he has healing factor and everything. His powers are for his cells to rapidly heal. But Steve's powers are a formula that directly goes to his muscles forcing them to be strong as can be.

Logically I would have to say Wolverine heals fast and has great durability because of his bones, and Steve's formula works by violently forcing his muscles to protrude.

I think this can be a great argument, but for consistency purposes, we see Wolverine slashing things, and Captain America lifting and tossing men with one arm. This is why I really think Captain America should be awarded the strength factor by a slight margin, but Wolverine for sure beats him in the durability factor, and not even by much but by far.

I guess with an honest opinion I would have to give it to Wolverine 6 out of 10 if it's KO and Wolverine all the way if it's to the death.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By spidey 15
@SlimJ87D: Fair enough....=]
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By spidey 15
@Vance Astro: Any proof...i'm just asking...=]
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By slimj87d
@spidey 15 said:

Captain America's case
I just want to back my opinion up. Steve Rogers will always be at the peak of man no matter what. There is a logical explanation that he is even a bit greater than the peak of man. Although he was instantly turned into the peak of man he took the formula, he still lifts weights, runs 15 to 25 miles a day without any strain. Why would he need to do any of this? I believe to get stronger. 

This is something consistent in all of the Captain America series, we see Steve working out and pushing it possibly pass human limits when he doesn't truly need to with the formula he already has.

Wolverine's Case
Wolverine is displayed training often, but this is combat simulation. I know there might be scans of him lifting weights and increasing his strength, but we don't ever consistently see him doing this. Therefore I think he's strong, very strong considering he has to pull his own weight of adamantium bones all the time. But he does not have the power that is like Steve's where a chemical inducing agent is forcing his muscles to be toned to the max. Therefore at times he doesn't work out he can build fats like all of us, lose muscle mass like all of us and is not kept in peak conditions or past peak conditions like Steve. Thus, Logan may be strong as or no stronger than Steve Rogers.

Here is an example:

No Caption Provided
Although this is an alternative Wolverine from another dimension, he had the exact same kind of powers and healing factors as 616 Wolverine. From negligence, his body was weakened and turned to fat. There is no evidence as to what would have to Steve if he just went on vacation for years but there is a form of evidence that shows a Wolverine that losses muscle mass possible any day he neglects to work out. 

Concluding marks:
Lastly, as wrestler and martial artist myself, I use to be able to bench press far excess of my own weight, but after performing small exercises daily because of my career which takes me away from the gym I can no longer bench what I use to.

The human body can do training exercises like Wolverine does, fighting and running around and swinging around, but to lift in far excess of its own body weight it takes weight training. For Steve Rogers he doesn't need this kind of exercise to lift more than he weighs, that's the purpose of the Super Solider formula. This is the difference of how Steve Rogers and Logan get their strength from a logical point of view.

I'm not arguing this to be a fact. These are just my opinions and how I feel about the matter of the subject.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By spidey 15
@SlimJ87D: Nice...=]
FallenAnvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By FallenAnvil

I think it's more a question of blocking with his shield but should he somehow lose it, I can see Cap dodging without the shield.

jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#162  Edited By jasraj
Captain America wins....if he uses his shield with enough force he could KO him
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By FinalStar86

Wolverine

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#164  Edited By Dark King

Wolverine wins.. Cap will do his best to evade and counter but the eventual and more often then not outcome will be Wolverine

PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By PirateKing69

Wolverine got this

jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By jasraj
I disagree with the people who are saying Logan....Steve is still stronger, faster, etc, and with the right amount of force he can knock out Logan with his shield, or IF he wanted to kill Logan, he could try and slice his head off by using his shield, but i don't think he would want to kill him...
Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#167  Edited By Dark King

cap has neve shown the ability nor strength to cut adamantium.. the shield may have the potential but it's just that potential. 
Cap could never clain a win in a forum fight by that tactic anymore then Wolverine would claim a win by howling and summing an army of wolves to help him attack cap.

aside from that Steve is no more faster or stronger then logan which is why he heavily relies on his shield for defense when facing him and Cap has actually lost to a dumb version of logan who had wolf lvl intelligence and was physically overpowered by Wolverine holding him down on the ground.

care to tell me what feats you have in mind that makes you think what you said is true?

FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By FinalStar86
@jasraj said:
" I disagree with the people who are saying Logan....Steve is still stronger, faster, etc, and with the right amount of force he can knock out Logan with his shield, or IF he wanted to kill Logan, he could try and slice his head off by using his shield, but i don't think he would want to kill him... "
No he isn't, if anything they are equal physically, Logan still has a healing factor and is arguably a better fighter, even if he wasn't he still has several other advantages. 
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By jasraj
@Dark King said:
"cap has neve shown the ability nor strength to cut adamantium.. the shield may have the potential but it's just that potential.  Cap could never clain a win in a forum fight by that tactic anymore then Wolverine would claim a win by howling and summing an army of wolves to help him attack cap.  aside from that Steve is no more faster or stronger then logan which is why he heavily relies on his shield for defense when facing him and Cap has actually lost to a dumb version of logan who had wolf lvl intelligence and was physically overpowered by Wolverine holding him down on the ground.  care to tell me what feats you have in mind that makes you think what you said is true? "

does he even need strength too cut through the adamantium, i know what your saying by it, but the metal that Cap's shield is made from should just be able to cut through it, or he could crush Logan with the shield, he is stronger than him
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By FinalStar86
@jasraj said:
" he is stronger than him "
Based on what?
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By PirateKing69
@jasraj: yes he need the strength...wolverine has been crushed by two cars and was still moving cap isn't strong enough to crush him
Mr Creesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#172  Edited By Mr Creesy
@Copy said:
"

I think this says it all.

"
That's embarrassing
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By spidey 15

It can go either way but Logan would get the slight majority IMO. 
Logan is as skilled, as strong, as fast, more durable and with a healing factor. Not to mention that if he does not hold back, he could kill cap with only one hit. 
Cap could also get the win if he land some well placed hits with his shield. 
Btw, Logan has already beaten cap.... 

=]
CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By CaptainRodgers
@jasraj said:

"I disagree with the people who are saying Logan....Steve is still stronger, faster, etc, and with the right amount of force he can knock out Logan with his shield, or IF he wanted to kill Logan, he could try and slice his head off by using his shield, but i don't think he would want to kill him... "  

Steve isn't stronger

@Dark King said:
"cap has neve shown the ability nor strength to cut adamantium.. the shield may have the potential but it's just that potential.  Cap could never clain a win in a forum fight by that tactic anymore then Wolverine would claim a win by howling and summing an army of wolves to help him attack cap.  aside from that Steve is no more faster or stronger then logan which is why he heavily relies on his shield for defense when facing him and Cap has actually lost to a dumb version of logan who had wolf lvl intelligence and was physically overpowered by Wolverine holding him down on the ground.  care to tell me what feats you have in mind that makes you think what you said is true? "
I agree , Cap couldn't cut through Wolverines bones , his sheild with the right weilder perhaps could but not in Steve's hands.
@Mr Creesy:
Cap has been beaten by Wolverine many times as well as the otherway around , this scan means nothing. 
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By PirateKing69
@spidey 15 said:
" It can go either way but Logan would get the slight majority IMO. 
Logan is as skilled, as strong, as fast, more durable and with a healing factor. Not to mention that if he does not hold back, he could kill cap with only one hit. 
Cap could also get the win if he land some well placed hits with his shield. 
Btw, Logan has already beaten cap.... 

=] "
thread should now be done lol nice scans
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By spidey 15
@Mr Creesy said:
" @Copy said:
"

I think this says it all.

"
That's embarrassing "
Actually this was not really a 1 on 1 match. 
=]
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By spidey 15
@PirateKing69: Thanks. 
=]
Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Apparition said:
"

captain america!

"
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#179  Edited By PowerHerc

Cap.
xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By xmenfallen

i say wolverine

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#181  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Ill give it to logan with slight majority honestly i can see it going either way.
sweatboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#182  Edited By sweatboy

i'm sorry but can Captain America heal a bullet wound and regenerate from a nuclear blast? i dont THINK so,

Neuropa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Neuropa

Logan don't wear american flag ... he has no chance.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By spidey 15
@sweatboy said:
" i'm sorry but can Captain America heal a bullet wound and regenerate from a nuclear blast? i dont THINK so, "
Just because cap can not do it, it does not mean he can not KO Logan. He has already KOed him with a really well placed hit with his shield. If Steve tried to land any well placed hits with his shield, he has a good chance of KOing him. 
But as i have mentioned in my other posts, Logan will get the majority. 
=]
CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By CaptainRodgers
@Alurvelve:
Why do you say Cap ?
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By jasraj
Cap has this
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By spidey 15
@jasraj said:
" Cap has this "
Why. 
=]
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By jasraj
@spidey 15 said:
" @jasraj said:
" Cap has this "
Why. =] "

He is stronger and faster, and i think he can just crush Logan with his shield
sweatboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By sweatboy
@spidey 15 said:
" @sweatboy said:
" i'm sorry but can Captain America heal a bullet wound and regenerate from a nuclear blast? i dont THINK so, "
Just because cap can not do it, it does not mean he can not KO Logan. He has already KOed him with a really well placed hit with his shield. If Steve tried to land any well placed hits with his shield, he has a good chance of KOing him. But as i have mentioned in my other posts, Logan will get the majority. =] "
i was just here while doing a quest, but i honestly believe Wolverine's better. As far as i know Captain America was never really trained, his only "thing" is his serum and shield. Wolverine's shorter and has learned to stay on guard having lived in the wild by himself and therefore could have dodged this shield hit you speak of, but the way he is, it's like he doesn't really care if he gets hurt or not, (probably because of his healing factor)
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By spidey 15
@sweatboy said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @sweatboy said:
Just because cap can not do it, it does not mean he can not KO Logan. He has already KOed him with a really well placed hit with his shield. If Steve tried to land any well placed hits with his shield, he has a good chance of KOing him. But as i have mentioned in my other posts, Logan will get the majority. =] "
i was just here while doing a quest, but i honestly believe Wolverine's better. As far as i know Captain America was never really trained, his only "thing" is his serum and shield. Wolverine's shorter and has learned to stay on guard having lived in the wild by himself and therefore could have dodged this shield hit you speak of, but the way he is, it's like he doesn't really care if he gets hurt or not, (probably because of his healing factor) "
Actually cap was trained, but i'm not aware of any more details. He has also great skill feats that put him on similar level with Logan. 
Logan can dodge Cap, but Cap is also skilled enough to counter his reaction time and tag him. It can go on both ways. 
But i'll give the majority to Logan as i said. 
=]
sweatboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By sweatboy
@spidey 15: 
Actually cap was trained, but i'm not aware of any more details. He has also great skill feats that put him on similar level with Logan. Logan can dodge Cap, but Cap is also skilled enough to counter his reaction time and tag him. It can go on both ways. But i'll give the majority to Logan as i said. =] "
Reminds me of this fight i watched on "the Challenger", a survivor-like show with a muay thai theme. This tall, ripped Australian was fighting a thai guy who grew up in a temple, practicing everyday. He didn't look much but he beat the Australian pretty hard. my point is, it's skill that matters, and Captain America is just a steroid pumped kid. Then again Captain America did put up a fight against Batman during DC vs Marvel. And Batman said  they could go on like that forever. Batman however, is the world's greatest DETECTIVE, not (contrary to popular belief) the best fighter, (at least till Denny O'Neil and Rha's
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By spidey 15
@sweatboy: Captain America is a lot more skilled than you believe. He is actually one of the best fighters in the Marvel universe. Close to Logan, Iron Fist and Black Panther. 
=]
--Anubis--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#193  Edited By --Anubis--

Cap wins

jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By jasraj
@--Anubis-- said:
"Cap wins "

Yup
spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#195  Edited By spystreak
@Copy said:
"

Could cap shield cut or dent Logan's skeleton?

"

with consecutive blows I'd say yes his augmented strength and the weight of the shield it may  not kill wolverine but it will put him out for quite awhile
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By jasraj
@spystreak said:
"@Copy said:
"

Could cap shield cut or dent Logan's skeleton?

"
with consecutive blows I'd say yes his augmented strength and the weight of the shield it may  not kill wolverine but it will put him out for quite awhile "

His strength isn't enough, but the metal on the shield should be able to pull it off
sweatboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By sweatboy
@spidey 15 said:
" @sweatboy: Captain America is a lot more skilled than you believe. He is actually one of the best fighters in the Marvel universe. Close to Logan, Iron Fist and Black Panther. =] "
Sorry man i was distracted by questing (which was what had me comment here in the first place) Still, Cap America to me will always be a morale (not moral, the one that inspires rage or confidence/determination, however it's spelled) inducing steroid pumped icon created to attract the youth to the 1930's attitude of warring (in class they taught us during worl war II there was more pro war attitude and then after Vietnam and the hippies it was more anti war) Batman went around the world training to fight, but what about Cap? He WAS in the military! 193 military techniques may not have been THAT effective, besides he was pumped with serum and put to war back then. But it would be fair to say that AFTER his unfreezing he learned combat, and a few new tricks to add to what he knew already
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#198  Edited By Static Shock
@sweatboy: Captain America said that he was a master of every form of combat known to man.

I don't think he'd lie about that. :P
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#199  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Static Shock:
He's looking at it realistically , he voiced similar opinion with regards to shiva and batman.
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By jasraj
Cap