No weapons, claws, armor, or gadgets

No prep

Morals off

Wolverine has his healing factor

King of the Dead Black Panther

Setting

Who wins?

#3 Edited by Wolverine08 (38178 posts) - - Show Bio

In round 1, I personally think the battle will end up as a 50-50 split between Wolverine and Black Panther as I always thought a battle between those two would end. Ultimate Captain America is good, but the combination of Black Panther's skill and equipment (Which can destroy Steve's shield) along with the skill, durability, and healing factor Wolverine is sporting will mean Ultimate Captain America will not come out winner. As for Wolverine and Black Panther, I believe it is a 50/50 split due to the advantages they hold over each other. Black Panther has an idiosyncratic advantage that most fighters don't have when they trade blows with Wolverine in that he could possibly get by his adamantium skeleton with proper use of his anti metal claws which melt any metal by destroying the molecular bonds between them. He has another advantage in that his vibranoum suit should also be able to handle a few slashes from Wolverine's claws. Wolverine has the advantage in that his healing factor will let him soak more damage than Panther can ever hope to. Logan also arguably has a skill advantage on Black Panther due to his martial art training being more expounded and maybe showing a little more technical prowess, and pressure point usage , but I firmly believe they are in the same league. Panther is just as fast as Wolverine, but Logan is slightly physically stronger. Overall, a fight between a fully equipped T'Challa and a fully function Wolverine should be a coin toss.

In round 2, I think Wolverine wins a slim majority. While Black Panther is along with Wolverine the most skilled fighter here (With Logan arguabky being the best due the expounding on his training, technical skill showings, and pressure points.), but sans vibranium suit, he is the least durable and physically weakest man here (Strength wise.) He lacks a healing factor like Wolverine and Ultimate Captain America which will be needed to last long. I think Wolverine will beat Ultimate Cap due to his superior skill, speed, and durability granted to him due to his healing factor and adamantium skeleton.

#4 Posted by Doomnaut (1991 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (38178 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah, great fight.

#6 Edited by jashro44 (19226 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomnaut said:

@doomnaut said:

bump.

Is it really necessary to bump your thread every few minutes? I'm not saying you can't bump but you might want to wait a bit….

#7 Edited by RenaissanceMan (982 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 Black Panther or Wolverine

Round 2 Panther

#8 Posted by Doomnaut (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@doomnaut said:

@doomnaut said:

bump.

Is it really necessary to bump your thread every few minutes? I'm not saying you can't bump but you might want to wait a bit….

If its against the rules to bump so often then I wouldn't do it.

#9 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Cap.

#10 Edited by RenaissanceMan (982 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

In round 2, I think Wolverine wins a slim majority. While Black Panther is along with Wolverine the most skilled fighter here, sans vibranium suit, he is the least durable and physically weakest man here (Strength wise.) He lacks a healing factor like Wolverine and Ultimate Captain America which will be needed to last long. I think Wolverine will beat Ultimate Cap due to his superior skill, speed, and durability granted to him due to his healing factor and adamantium skeleton.

King of the Dead Panther is supposedly Superhuman though. He has superior stats to both.

#11 Posted by Wolverine08 (38178 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

In round 2, I think Wolverine wins a slim majority. While Black Panther is along with Wolverine the most skilled fighter here, sans vibranium suit, he is the least durable and physically weakest man here (Strength wise.) He lacks a healing factor like Wolverine and Ultimate Captain America which will be needed to last long. I think Wolverine will beat Ultimate Cap due to his superior skill, speed, and durability granted to him due to his healing factor and adamantium skeleton.

King of the Dead Panther is supposedly Superhuman though. He has superior stats to both.

He doesn't have any feats that suggest that yet though.

#12 Posted by RenaissanceMan (982 posts) - - Show Bio

@renaissanceman said:

@wolverine08 said:

He has taken a hit from Terrax, and didn't he beat Black Dwarf?

#13 Posted by Wolverine08 (38178 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@renaissanceman said:

@wolverine08 said:

He has taken a hit from Terrax, and didn't he beat Black Dwarf?

Both Ultimate Cap and Wolverine have durability feats that surpass that of taking hits from Black Dwarf along with healing factors, and I think beating up Black Dwarf isn't something that Cap and Wolverine couldn't replicate when you look at their feats. Panther might actually be equal to them strength wise though that I think about it.

#14 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

ultimate cap

then BP

then wolverine

#15 Posted by RenaissanceMan (982 posts) - - Show Bio

Bp's tech puts him above ultimate cap

#16 Edited by Wolverine08 (38178 posts) - - Show Bio

ultimate cap

then BP

then wolverine

How will Ultimate Cap beat a full functioning Wolverine and a fully equipped Black Panther?

#17 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:

ultimate cap

then BP

then wolverine

How will Ultimate Cap beat a full functioning Wolverine and a fully equipped Black Panther?

cause its Ultimate Cap

#18 Posted by Wolverine08 (38178 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@foreverevil said:

ultimate cap

then BP

then wolverine

cause its Ultimate Cap

Not a real in depth explanation to be frank.

#19 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:

@wolverine08 said:

@foreverevil said:

ultimate cap

then BP

then wolverine

cause its Ultimate Cap

Not a real in depth explanation to be frank.

Ultimate Cap once cut the head off of Assemble. A beast robot with the powers of Hulk, Thor, Cap, and Giant Man. After you know, Jean, Rogue with Juggernaut Powers, and Iceman failed to beat it.

#20 Posted by RisingBean (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I think Cap would surprise you. But I mostly agree with your assessment. He'd get some wins even if he took less then I'd like.

#21 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

plus he has a healing factor. if bp and cap are sorta equal in 616, ult cap beat him then

#22 Edited by Wolverine08 (38178 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil:

Not really relevant to the battle and it doesn't really change the fact that Ultimate Cap is slower, less skilled, can have his shield destroyed by Black Panther's anti metal claws, and is inferior durability wise compared to Wolverine.

#23 Posted by jashro44 (19226 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomnaut said:

@jashro44 said:

@doomnaut said:

@doomnaut said:

bump.

If its against the rules to bump so often then I wouldn't do it.

Its not against the rules to my knowledge i was just wondering.

Any ways when you say pre king of the dead I am assuming panther has the heart shaped herb, energy daggers, anti-metal claws, and vibranium suit right?

I will take black panther in round one after a close fight. Round 2 I would take wolverine due to durability.

@wolverine08 Concerning the subject of strength I don't think there is a difference between black panther and wolverine based on there past fights.

#24 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil:

Not really relevant to the battle and it doesn't really change the fact that Ultimate Cap is slower, less skilled, can have his shield destroyed by Black Panther's anti metal claws, and is inferior durability wise compared to Wolverine.

?? not relevant? wow, uh ok. as for durability, he fought ult hulk. idk if that puts him over wolverine durability wise but also ult cap has a healing factor. he jumpedout of a helictopt 600 feet in the air and landed just fine on his feet. i read somewhere that he ran 8 blocks in a second(though idk if thats true) so his speed is upgraded, his durability is upgraded, he can lift 2-4tons which means his strength is better. just about evertyhign is upgraded. id say he wins.

#25 Posted by Wolverine08 (38178 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

They haven't had a full battle as far as my knowledge goes. I believe they had a short tussle once where Wolverine pinned T'Challa down and he commented on Logan's strength.

#26 Edited by jashro44 (19226 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

They haven't had a full battle as far as my knowledge goes. I believe they had a short tussle once where Wolverine pinned T'Challa down and he commented on Logan's strength.

They did during contest of champions yea. All though T'challa was at least able to hold the claws back (albeit with difficulty). And even recently Black panther was holding him back in Cornells run. Yea Logan wasn't fighting to the best of his abilities due to no healing factor but I think he is physically the same. I also think they have comparable feats.

#27 Edited by Wolverine08 (38178 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

Ah, that was skirmish I was referring too. T'Challa did indeed seem pretty impressed with Logan's strength, but he did still manage to throw him off which is a pretty good indicator of his strength. Regarding their recent scuffle, seeing how messed up Cornell's Wolverine is psychologically, I don't think he's performing to the best of his abilities in anything (Including physically.), and that moment did occur when T'Challa was amped physically as the King of the Dead. I do agree though that despite T'Challa classification being inferior to Wolverine's, they do have pretty comparable feats.

#28 Edited by jashro44 (19226 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@jashro44:

Ah, that was skirmish I was referring too. T'Challa did indeed seem pretty impressed with Logan's strength, but he did still manage to throw him off which is a pretty good indicator of his strength. Regarding their recent scuffle, seeing how messed up Cornell's Wolverine is psychologically, I don't think he's performing to the best of his abilities in anything (Including physically.), and that moment did occur when T'Challa was amped physically as the King of the Dead. I do agree though that despite T'Challa classification being inferior to Wolverine's, they do have pretty comparable feats.

Well yea i did acknowledge that wolverine isn't at his peak in Cornells run. i know some hand books have stated that wolverines strength is connected to his healing factor but I also recall some mentioning it comes from his adamantium helping to support the weight. I don't really know what Cornell is going with or if he is just ignoring hand books (writers don't even follow them so i wouldn't be surprised). I am assuming Logans physicals are the same right now as they always have been. I never really got how either his healing factor or adamantium help with his strength.

And also the OP says round 2 is king of the dead. I do agree wolverine wins that round though.

#29 Posted by Wolverine08 (38178 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

I believe Logan's superhuman strength comes from his mutation really. I mean, the guy has completely knocked out a 2,000 lb. bear when he was without the adamantium skeleton. I do see how with comic book logic Wolverine's muscles constantly healing could push them beyond human limits? And isn't King of the Dead Black Panther's best strength feat beating up Black Dwarf. Has there been any confirmation as to where Black Dwarf's strength class is?

#30 Edited by RenaissanceMan (982 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@jashro44:

And also the OP says round 2 is king of the dead. I do agree wolverine wins that round though.

Ugh.

#31 Posted by jashro44 (19226 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

I believe Logan's superhuman strength comes from his mutation really. I mean, the guy has completely knocked out a 2,000 lb. bear when he was without the adamantium skeleton. I do see how with comic book logic Wolverine's muscles constantly healing could push them beyond human limits? And isn't King of the Dead Black Panther's best strength feat beating up Black Dwarf. Has there been any confirmation as to where Black Dwarf's strength class is?

I am not really using the black dwarf feat because for all we know black panther used energy daggers (it happened off panel so I don't know if it can be used as a strength feat). And yea I agree it comes from his mutation (I think he has enhanced stats without the healing factor).

As far as black panther I think its fair to say the whole king of the dead thing is an upgrade. Probably not a big upgrade but still a upgrade. He is lacking with feats besides one shooting black swan and punching a hole through a cyborg but I think its safe to use his other feats with king of the dead.

#32 Edited by Wolverine08 (38178 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

Ah, I see your point about the Black Dwarf feat, and I did forget that about one shotting Black Swan and punching a hole in that cyborg. Pretty dope indications of just how good the upgrade is for T'Challa. Didn't Jonathan Hickman say that Black Panther "basically ripped a dude in half" in New Avengers vol 3 #1 when answering some fan's question online? Was he referring to the cyborg feat?

#33 Posted by jashro44 (19226 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

Ah, I see your point about the Black Dwarf feat, and I did forget that about one shotting Black Swan and punching a hole in that cyborg. Pretty dope indications of just how good the upgrade is for T'Challa. Didn't Jonathan Hickman say that Black Panther "basically ripped a dude in half" in New Avengers vol 3 #1 when answering some fan's question online? Was he referring to the cyborg feat?

Yea

#34 Posted by Wolverine08 (38178 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by jashro44 (19226 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by Wolverine08 (38178 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by RenaissanceMan (982 posts) - - Show Bio

I still could see Panther taking both scenario's under these circumstances.

#38 Edited by dondave (33586 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite Ult Cap stats, he not as skilled as either T'Challa or Logan.

Round 1 - Black Panther

Round 2 - Wolverine

#39 Edited by Wolverine08 (38178 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Despite Ult Cap stats, he not as skilled as either T'Challa or Logan.

Round 1 - Black Panther

Round 2 - Wolverine

Yup, and Logan and T'Challa aren't physical slouches themselves, so their skill should balance things out.

#40 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomnaut: Its funny, with Morals Off, Cap has no advantage at all. >_> he is a non factor in this match.

#41 Posted by jashro44 (19226 posts) - - Show Bio

I still could see Panther taking both scenario's under these circumstances.

The only hope anyone here has of beating wolverine is a sub mission hold. No one here has what it takes to knock him out.I can't see anyone beating him without weapons. Where as even without the claws wolverines adamantium knuckle bones are going to be seriously damaging.

#42 Posted by patrat18 (8506 posts) - - Show Bio

Panther takes round one. Logan takes round 2.

#43 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Comes down to Wolverine VS Panther, in which case I'm not very decisive but leaning toward Wolverine.

2. Wolverine eventually. He still has his adamantium skeleton and his healing factor. KotD Panther would be very tough to beat but eventually I see Logan coming out on top.

#44 Posted by Doomnaut (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.