#1 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight takes place in the Amazon jungle

Both are unaware of who there fighting, they start 50 feet apart, out of sight,

Panther is the new upgraded version and had his daggers and suit

#2 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone?

#3 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't say I know much about Panther's new King of the Dead upgrade. I know he's now classified as a superhuman, but to what extent have his powers improved? Also, when you say he has his suit - are all of the gadgets that come with it included? Because BP has been shown to have force-fields, teleportation, and knockout gas among other doohickeys in his suit.

I'm guessing Wolverine will recognize BP's scent, based on their prior encounters, so he'd know who he's facing with immediately. Black Panther would more or less recognize the six claws. In past encounters, pre-upgrade BP has been shown as being able to dodge Wolverine's attacks, so he has the speed advantage. I remember reading that Wolverine can't pierce Black Panther's suit either - since it's woven with vibranium. BP also has his energy blades, which grant him a ranged advantage. And if Black Panther has his anti-metal claws, he could do some serious damage to Wolverine. Added to that would be Panther's genius intelligence.

On the other hand, Wolverine has the advantage in terms of rapid regeneration and (arguably) fighting experience. For now, I'm going with BP, but really there are too many factors that need clarification. Namely Panther's upgrade, and the extent of his arsenal.

#4 Posted by dondave (37463 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther

#5 Edited by God_Spawn (37898 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Wolverine can slice through the suit as long as he gets across the grain, which isn't ridiculously difficult since people like bone claw Sabretooth have done it before. I don't believe stabbing motions are effective, though, since it robs the kinetic energy of bullets and things like knives have been broken when they tried to stab it. Adamantium won't break against it, but it should just rob the kinetic energy of said stab.

#6 Edited by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about current BP,but Wolverine would beat regular BP.

I heard Black Panther has an upgrade now or something.......

#7 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Wolverine can slice through the suit as long as he gets across the grain, which isn't ridiculously difficult since people like bone claw Sabretooth have done it before. I don't believe stabbing motions are effective, though, since it robs the kinetic energy of bullets and things like knives have been broken when they tried to stab it. Adamantium won't break against it, but it should just rob the kinetic energy of said stab.

Oh right, forgot about that bit. Does Wolverine know about this, though? If not, I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult for him to stumble across it.

#8 Posted by God_Spawn (37898 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Sabretooth happened on it by freak accident, so no, it shouldn't be a big issue of executing if he connects.

#9 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

Panther had no special tricks in his suit just the suit itself

#10 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright then. But even without his other gadgetry, I'd still give this one to T'Challa. It's worth mentioning that the jungle itself probably gives BP a terrain advantage as well - since he's used to fighting in the cramped confines of the rainforest.

What exactly does his new upgrade give to him though? Is he stronger than he was before?

#11 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

He is stronger then before. His suit has force field tech, teleportation and invisibility.

#12 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

He got a strength improvement and is considerd superhuman now,

His tech is not allowed in the suit,

Just the suit itself

#13 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine

#14 Posted by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with BP

#15 Edited by comic_book_fan (5651 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine i doubt bp strength has increased enough to matter and wolverine is far more skilled and would easly pick up on his scent even if he were invisible.

#16 Posted by God_Spawn (37898 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine i doubt bp strength has increased enough to matter and wolverine is far more skilled and would easly pick up on his scent even if he were invisible.

O_o...Wolverine is more skilled, but to say far more skilled is stretching it.

#17 Posted by jashro44 (21853 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@mrtrevorguy said:

Alright then. But even without his other gadgetry, I'd still give this one to T'Challa. It's worth mentioning that the jungle itself probably gives BP a terrain advantage as well - since he's used to fighting in the cramped confines of the rainforest.

What exactly does his new upgrade give to him though? Is he stronger than he was before?

The upgrades aren't very well defined. It was stated that he had all the strength and knowledge of the previous panthers but whether or not that i literal or hyperbole is yet to be seen. Hickman has confirmed he is super human so he should be physically equal to slightly Superior to before, depending on if you defined him enhanced humans like cap and heart shaped herb black panther as super human or a bit above peak but below super human.

#18 Posted by MzombieX (975 posts) - - Show Bio

No doubt this is a tough match ... but I'd be willing to gamble on T'Challa pulling off a win.

#19 Posted by Shawnbaby (10774 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight takes place in the Amazon jungle

Both are unaware of who there fighting, they start 50 feet apart, out of sight,

Panther is the new upgraded version and had his daggers and suit

At only 50 feet apart Wolverine will know who he is fighting.

#20 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@veshark said:

@mrtrevorguy said:

The upgrades aren't very well defined. It was stated that he had all the strength and knowledge of the previous panthers but whether or not that i literal or hyperbole is yet to be seen. Hickman has confirmed he is super human so he should be physically equal to slightly Superior to before, depending on if you defined him enhanced humans like cap and heart shaped herb black panther as super human or a bit above peak but below super human.

Yeah, we haven't seen much feats from BP post-upgrade, save for that first issue of New Avengers. I don't know, there might be more, but that issue's the only one to my knowledge. Apparently, Priest's run on BP states that he has enhanced human stats with the Heart herb, and considering some of his feats, I think it's fairly safe to label him as a low-level superhuman.

#21 Edited by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

If BP gets his claws (which are a basic part of the suit and more standard than daggers, so I assume he would) then he can cut through adamantium and Wolverine's main defense is gone. He can be treated like just another human body (albeit with a high healing factor), something he doesn't normally have to deal with. BP's daggers can be set for instant kill settings that shut down nervous systems (among other effects) which would also bypass Wolverine's adamantium defense. To sidestep the "Wolverine won't go down so easily" argument, BP could just hit a bunch of times to overcome his healing factor, seeing as he can throw out daggers in a spread that would be impossible to dodge (which isn't something Wolverine would do anyway). BPs standard tech allows him to disregard the amazing benefits that Wolverine's skeleton normally provides him. As for people being quite sure that Wolverine is more skilled, even before BP had "all the knowledge" of every previous BP, he had mastered lethal combat by age six, beat up the previous BP (with all the peak abilities, expereince and skill) while a normal human, and had mastered all forms of combat. And unlike Wolverine, BP uses his skill constantly and never needs refresher courses when he forgets the basics. In fact, he goes on to cultivate new fighting styles. Further, when directly compared, BP seems to get the upper hand on Wolverine in their past fights. I don't see Wolverine as being the definitively better fighter. Since BP's upgrades are not yet clear, I haven't really considered them, but given likely greater skill and tech that negates one of Wolverine's main (and heavily relied upon) advantages, I've never thought he needed them to win. With his abilities only increased, it should make things easier.

And I don't think either has an advantage based on the terrain.

#22 Posted by jashro44 (21853 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Yea new avengers is the only showing of current black panther. He did beat up some AIM soldiers in A+X as well. Other then that we will have to wait and see. Maybe we will find out in new avengers #5.

#23 Posted by jashro44 (21853 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I think this could go either way.

#24 Edited by henrik (562 posts) - - Show Bio

If Black Panther can make Wolverine tired , then he can win .

#25 Edited by 14NC3 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot:

black panther's claw's or dagger's won't be cutting through adamantium

#26 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine wins.

#27 Posted by MisterWhisper (1920 posts) - - Show Bio

@14nc3:

His anti-metal claws will.

#28 Edited by 90mv (105 posts) - - Show Bio

will wolverine even touch him ?

#29 Posted by 14NC3 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwhisper:

Show me a scan or tell me a comic where his anti-metal claw's cut through adamantium

#30 Edited by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@14nc3 said:

@buckshot:

black panther's claw's or dagger's won't be cutting through adamantium

I'll hit this from back to front because it's faster. I didn't say the daggers would cut through adamantium. They don't need to in order for them to work. They're energy daggers and can affect nervous systems just by contacting the body (think an electrical shock). As for his anti-metal claws not cutting adamantium, I really don't see why they wouldn't. The whole point of anti-metal is that it breaks down any other kind of metal on contact, regardless of it's actual durability. It's a molecular reaction or something similar, and we've seen that adamantium can be affected by such things, like when Magneto was able to liquefy and manipulate the indestructible metal.

#31 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@henrik said:

If Black Panther can make Wolverine tired , then he can win .

Eh, I wouldn't bank on that to secure the win for Black Panther. Wolverine's healing factor grants him superhuman levels of stamina - he can fight for 24 hours straight. I don't think attrition would be Black Panther's strategy, to be frank.

@14nc3 said:

@misterwhisper:

Show me a scan or tell me a comic where his anti-metal claw's cut through adamantium

I can't confirm this, but apparently Misty Knight's bionic arm (comprised of anti-metal), is able to liquefy all metals - even adamantium.

#32 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@14nc3

Ah, here we go, found the scan. Misty Knight with her anti-metal (also known as Antarctic vibranium) bionic arm vs. an adamantium sword.

#33 Posted by jashro44 (21853 posts) - - Show Bio

IIRC Hank Pym also bashed ultrons adamantium body with anti-metal vibranium and destroyed ultorn that way. Black panther has the means to hurt wolverine here that much is certain. The issue is wolverines skill and healing factor.

#34 Edited by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@14nc3

Ah, here we go, found the scan. Misty Knight with her anti-metal (also known as Antarctic vibranium) bionic arm vs. an adamantium sword.

You've won my heart.

@jashro44 said:

IIRC Hank Pym also bashed ultrons adamantium body with anti-metal vibranium and destroyed ultorn that way. Black panther has the means to hurt wolverine here that much is certain. The issue is wolverines skill and healing factor.

You too could win my love for a few hours if you provide pretty pictures to go along with your tale.

#35 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot

Haha, there's no better feeling than finding an issue proving a theory, huh?

#36 Posted by jashro44 (21853 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot: Here:

There is also ultrons hand book which confirms adamantium can be destroyed by anti-metal.

Another thing that might be worth showing is black panthers energy daggers have setting which allows them to turn intangible and phase through adamantium and disrupt the electrons within ultron. He could probably put wolverine down that way as well (granted it will be difficult due to the healing factor but still possible).

#37 Edited by 14NC3 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

:

Thanks for the scan

#38 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6179 posts) - - Show Bio

BP

#39 Edited by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: @jashro44:

Good work guys. I never needed scans because the thought behind them is sound, but it's nice to have images for other people who can't connect the dots without pictures. I don't blame them though, when it comes to Wolverine and his plot device bones, people don't typically accept things that would limit them, and it's not entirely the fault of the reader either.

Looking at the one with the energy dagger I'm remembering that I've seen it before. I stopped actually collecting scans for this sort of thing because haha, I believe my logic is sufficient, but I should have remembered the image. It shows yet another way that BP can bypass Wolverine's adamantium defense.

@14nc3 said:

What you got?

#40 Posted by 14NC3 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot:

It shows yet another way that BP can bypass Wolverine's adamantium defense.

Another way?

#41 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine goes ham and wins via admantium claws.

#42 Edited by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@14nc3 said:

@buckshot:

It shows yet another way that BP can bypass Wolverine's adamantium defense.

Another way?

1) Antimetal

2) Energy daggers affecting the body/nervous system without contacting adamantium

3) Energy daggers affecting the body/nervous system by going directly through the adamantium

#43 Posted by 14NC3 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot:

No i thought that you were saying that that there was another way to break down the adamantium

#44 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@14nc3 said:

@buckshot:

No i thought that you were saying that that there was another way to break down the adamantium

I mentioned in my original post a couple ways BP could get around the impressive defense granted by adamantium (anti metal destroying it and energy daggers not needing to pass through it to be effective) then I said the image showed "yet another" way (energy daggers being able to pass through it). BP can go around Wolverine's adamantium, he can go through it, or he can just destroy it. If anything, adamantium puts Wolverine at a disadvantage in this fight because Wolverine assumes it will help him when it won't, which would cause him to not fight appropriately to start with, and because BP could leave dozens (hundreds?) of pounds of liquid metal sitting in Wolverine's body and making it more difficult to heal.

#45 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

BP 6/10

#46 Posted by RenaissanceMan (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

Panther

#47 Edited by Madmartigan8282 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine but not easily

#48 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10502 posts) - - Show Bio

Panther.

#49 Posted by AmazonieSPL (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther

AmazonieSPL

#50 Posted by XxGin (1363 posts) - - Show Bio