• 61 results
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@wolverine08 said:

@cadencev2: So you're saying that this is Wolverine with no healing factor, but he isn't impended with the psychological problems he's been effected with currently due to losing his healing factor?

How does losing your healing factor give you psych problems?

Because the writer said so *shrugs* Not the case here though.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By jashro44

@cadencev2: Its a tougher fight. I think 616 wolverine is the weak link but assuming he can pop his adamantium claws without bleeding to death he can give new 52 Slade a decent fight. I do believe he would lose though. Ultimate wolverine is the MVP IMO.

@wolverine08 said:

@cadencev2: So you're saying that this is Wolverine with no healing factor, but he isn't impended with the psychological problems he's been effected with currently due to losing his healing factor?

He's afraid of death now.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

He's used to Leroy'ing into a fight to soak up damage because there's no consequence for doing so, he'll just simply get right back up, now he can't do that anymore. Adamantium skeleton or not, his fleshy bits are just as fleshy and soft as anyone else, so a severe blow to the head and a shot to the gut, heart, and lungs will kill him just as easily.

I'm pretty sure anyone used to their immortality will be very worried when all of a sudden their immortality is turned off and they can't do the things they've been doing for nearly their entire life. It also doesn't help that many people are aware of this turn of events and trying to kill him for good.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@vmole: It's not just that he's used to being able to soak anything during a fight. He's shown before like in his fight with Captain America in Origins #4 that he can put in solid work with the healing factor extremely taxed. The main problem now is that with the healing factor gone for what looks to be a permanent transition, he feels vulnerable, like a normal person would. He's been afraid to do regular things like shave. He walks around wondering if he'll get killed the next moment unlike he would if he had the healing factor.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@wolverine08 said:

@vmole: It's not just that he's used to being able to soak anything during a fight. He's shown before like in his fight with Captain America in Origins #4 that he can put in solid work with the healing factor extremely taxed. The main problem now is that with the healing factor gone for what looks to be a permanent transition, he feels vulnerable, like a normal person would. He's been afraid to do regular things like shave. He walks around wondering if he'll get killed the next moment unlike he would if he had the healing factor.

So they aren't going to give him his HF back? That is one of the defining characteristics of Wolverine! It would be like taking away Spider-Man's webshooters or Captain America's Shield!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Wolverine008

@pr0metheus: Eh, it'll be back. September's Wolverine issue is supposed to be a "game changer", so something big will be happening there. Marvel is just playing up the loss of the healing factor as permanent to keep the tension in Wolverine's current stories. And like you said, the healing factor is one of Wolverine's most defining traits. Marvel isn't going to strip away a massive part of someone whom is most likely is their second most popular superhero after Spider-Man. James will be back doing stuff like this in no time:

No Caption Provided

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@pr0metheus: Eh, it'll be back. September's Wolverine issue is supposed to be a "game changer", so something big will be happening there. Marvel is just playing up the loss of the healing factor as permanent to keep the tension in Wolverine's current stories. And like you said, the healing factor is one of Wolverine's most defining traits. Marvel isn't going to strip away a massive part of someone whom is most likely is their second most popular superhero after Spider-Man. James will be back doing stuff like this in no time:

No Caption Provided

He had his healing factor the entire time but he learned to control it to fool his enemies!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus: Lol, I guess he can say he just wanted to see what it felt like to be normal!

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus: Lol, I guess he can say he just wanted to see what it felt like to be normal!

Being normal sucks, I'd take Wolverine's HF any day of the week.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By texasdeathmatch

@cadencev2: Bah, I hate threads with handicapped Wolverine. But for you Candence, I'll bite.

I'm assuming Wolverine is aware he's without a healing factor? If not, he's going to charge in like he usually does and get his face blown off.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Bah, I hate threads with handicapped Wolverine. But for you Candence, I'll bite.

I'm assuming Wolverine is aware he's without a healing factor? If not, he's going to charge in like he usually does and get his face blown off.

He knows, its current Wolverine without the fear.