7) Scorpion

8) Rhino

9) Green Goblin

10) Mysterio

11) Dr. Octopus

12) Electro

13) Sandman

14) Rhino, Shocker, Chameleon, Mysterio, Vulture

Bonus round: Kingpin, Hammerhead, Tombstone, Chameleon, Shocker, Boomerang, Vulture, Mysterio, Dr. Octopus

No prep time, all in NYC.

Win by death, BFR, etc.

#2 Posted by bump1010 (299 posts) - - Show Bio

What arms does doctor octopus have?

#3 Posted by mk111 (3141 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 12. How can Wolverine damage Electro?

#4 Posted by XiiX (8704 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 7 or 9.

#5 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX said:

Stops at 7 or 9.

If Spidey can't KO him, then I don't see Goblin or Scorpion doing it. And neither of them have the durability to stand up to his claws.

#6 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Esquire: Wolverine's gonna have trouble reaching GG with his glider though..
#7 Edited by XiiX (8704 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: Couldn't Goblin do it with one of his bombs? And Scorpion is stronger than Spider-Man anyway, and Wolverine has something of a penchant of trying to soak damage as opposed to avoiding it.

#8 Edited by bump1010 (299 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

@Esquire: Wolverine's gonna have trouble reaching GG with his glider though..

Wolverine has shown the ability to jump high enough to decapitate sentinels. Not sure how he does it but he does it. And how often does green goblin try to stay out of range?

@XiiX said:

@Esquire: Couldn't Goblin do it with one of his bombs? And Scorpion is stronger than Spider-Man anyway, and Wolverine has something of a penchant of trying to soak damage as opposed to avoiding it.

Scorpion isn't really that competent and he doesn't have the strength feats to KO wolverine IMO.

#9 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@bump1010: Yeeeeeah, you're right. Pretty sure Wolverine's got like a 30-40 ft vertical, now that I think about it. And Norman's gonna have to get relatively close if he's going to try to tag him with bombs or blades, which won't do much.

Alright, you have me convinced.
#10 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Hammerhead: Adamantium Claws slice hammers

2) Classic Kingpin: Adamantium Claws slice pins

3) Chameleon: Adamantium Claws slice lizards

4) Shocker: Adamantium Claws are never surprised

5) Lizard: Adamantium Claws slice reptiles

6) Kraven the Hunter: Adamantium Claws slice leopard-printed pants

7) Scorpion: Adamantium Claws slice arthropods

8) Rhino: Adamantium Claws slice rhinocerotidae

9) Green Goblin: Adamantium Claws slice fairytale creatures

10) Mysterio: Adamantium Claws slice mysteries

11) Dr. Octopus: Adamantium Claws slice cephalopods

12) Electro: Adamantium Claws slice electricity

13) Sandman: Adamantium Claws slice fine rocks

Sincerely,

#11 Posted by bump1010 (299 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch: Personally I think it could stop at ock depending on which arms he has (if its adamantium or carboanridium) all though if ock has titanium I think he stops at electro.

#12 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@bump1010: Oh yeah, if Oct has adamantium arms, Wolverine is screwed:
Otherwise, Electro fries him. IF Wolverine somehow gets lucky and gets to the next round, there really isn't much he can do against Sandman.
#13 Posted by whacknasty (5626 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven has really impressed me in some scans I've seen recently, taking an overhead smash and tossing from Hulk and not dying I think...lol. 

I think that would be a great round that may be closer than it first appears... 

I can agree with Ock, depending on the arms or Electro, as I dont see how Logan could put him down without some pis (Electro could just stay out of range within power lines or what not and attack until he finds the right amperage to put Logan out, right?)

#14 Posted by Shawnbaby (10867 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say he probably stops at 5. Lizard is too strong and too fast. Barring that...he stops at Electro.

#15 Posted by robertloucksjr (1775 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Rhino. probably 50 times as strong and very durable.

#16 Posted by VeganDiet (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Lizard. If not, he stops at Ock.

#17 Posted by the_mighty_Beyonder (701 posts) - - Show Bio

@shockers: mmm i think Wolverine stops at 4. Shoker, he can handle others above 4, like Lizard or Rhino, but since this is a gauntlet he will stop at 4.

what makes Spidy able to beat all those guys is not strenght, but agility, spider senses, and speed reflexes, Wolverine doesn't have those things, he's just a brut wrestler with indestructible knives and insane regeneration. he's helpless against long range attacks that can knock him like Shoker's and Green Goblin's attacks.

#18 Posted by bump1010 (299 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch: Agreed.

@robertloucksjr said:

Wolverine has beaten stronger and his claws can bypass his hide. If he can cut hulk, gladiator, and thor (even if only barely) He can cut rhino.

@the_mighty_Beyonder said:

@shockers: mmm i think Wolverine stops at 4. Shoker, he can handle others above 4, like Lizard or Rhino, but since this is a gauntlet he will stop at 4.

what makes Spidy able to beat all those guys is not strenght, but agility, spider senses, and speed reflexes, Wolverine doesn't have those things, he's just a brut wrestler with indestructible knives and insane regeneration. he's helpless against long range attacks that can knock him like Shoker's and Green Goblin's attacks.

Not really. Wolverine tanks all sorts of explosives. If spider-man can survive them than so can wolverine.

#19 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_mighty_Beyonder said:

Wolverine has shown the speed, agility, and reflexes to keep pace with Spider-Man, who's as fast as anyone in this gauntlet. He's also one of the most skilled fighters in the universe, and he has the durability to tank hits from Hulk, so I don't really think Shocker and GG can put him down.Neither Goblin nor Shocker have the skill to consistently tag him, anyway.

@XiiX: Wolverine has never really had trouble with explosives, even if Norman was able to tag him. And Scorpion just got his jaw punched off by Sinister Spider-Man, so his skill and strength seem to be somewhat lacking.

#20 Posted by bump1010 (299 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire:

And Scorpion just got his jaw punched off by Sinister Spider-Man, so his skill and strength seem to be somewhat lacking.

To be fair that was because that was his one unexposed area where the armor didn't cover all though I agree wolverine beats him.

#21 Posted by dondave (38465 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: So, do you think he clears it?

#22 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: He has no way to put Sandman down, and he'd probably get overwhelmed in the team rounds.

#23 Edited by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

@robertloucksjr said:

Too bad he's a jobber

if he had any credibility as a villain the fight could go different

#24 Posted by dondave (38465 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charlie_Jade said:

@robertloucksjr said:

Too bad he's a jobber

if he had any credibility as a villain the fight could go different

Full of Win

#25 Posted by bump1010 (299 posts) - - Show Bio

All though that is a extremely awesome moment for rhino Peter wasn't even knocked out. And if he wasn't then why would wolverine be knocked out? Logans damage soak is higher. And those scans of secret wars I shall counter with these:

Not that I believe wolverine can do this to spider-man but the point is there are a lot of ways a battle can go.

#26 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Depending on gear, he could lose six, ten, eleven and fourteen, as well as the bonus round. He should also lose to any competent incarnation of Electro, and he most certainly loses to Sandman.

#27 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jokergeist said:

1) Hammerhead: Adamantium Claws slice hammers

2) Classic Kingpin: Adamantium Claws slice pins

3) Chameleon: Adamantium Claws slice lizards

4) Shocker: Adamantium Claws are never surprised

5) Lizard: Adamantium Claws slice reptiles

6) Kraven the Hunter: Adamantium Claws slice leopard-printed pants

7) Scorpion: Adamantium Claws slice arthropods

8) Rhino: Adamantium Claws slice rhinocerotidae

9) Green Goblin: Adamantium Claws slice fairytale creatures

10) Mysterio: Adamantium Claws slice mysteries

11) Dr. Octopus: Adamantium Claws slice cephalopods

12) Electro: Adamantium Claws slice electricity

13) Sandman: Adamantium Claws slice fine rocks

Sincerely,

LOOL

#28 Posted by laflux (16795 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

I'd say he probably stops at 5. Lizard is too strong and too fast. Barring that...he stops at Electro.

Yeah. And current lizard has crazy regeneration too. He really should be higher up the list.

Your thoughts?

#29 Posted by God_Spawn (38096 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: How dare you not call me in too. SS and I are like Wolverine Siamese twins. You don't just call in 1 half.

#30 Posted by laflux (16795 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Ah it was a test to see if your technopathy powers are fully developed now =D .

#31 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Lizard beating Wolverine. He's not faster, he's vulnerable to piercing damage, he's not strong enough to KO Logan and say he activates the reptilian brain and makes him go feral... So what?

#32 Posted by God_Spawn (38096 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Lol!

#33 Posted by bump1010 (299 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

I don't see Lizard beating Wolverine. He's not faster, he's vulnerable to piercing damage, he's not strong enough to KO Logan and say he activates the reptilian brain and makes him go feral... So what?

Does no turning back lizard still have the telepathy? I agree Logan can beat him none the less.

#34 Posted by laflux (16795 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

Current Lizard was able to Speed-blitz Spider-Man (and generally roflstomp him), and recovered pretty much instantly from being stabbed in the head. Considering that Peter and Logan are very close in combat Speed, I say that's good enough evidence for him being at least slightly faster.

I see Lizard vs Logan becoming a slashing match up. Your right Lizard won't be able to K.O Logan, but his comparable healing factor, and stats advantage should at least give him a chance.

Oh and lol about the feral thing.

#35 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (6465 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@Shawnbaby said:

Yeah. And current lizard has crazy regeneration too. He really should be higher up the list.

Your thoughts?

Stops at Sandman. That's the only certain 'stoppage' IMHO.

Sandman might be dumb as a stump, but there's not way Logan can hurt him outside of EXTREMELY generous plot device.

BringnIt is fairly bang on as well with regards Electro. I still see Logan taking majority in a random.

EDIT: Not sure about Doc Oc though ...

#36 Edited by Immortal777 (7671 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine won't clear this he cant beat Sandman.

#37 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (6465 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@BringnIt said:

Current Lizard was able to Speed-blitz Spider-Man (and generally roflstomp him), and recovered pretty much instantly from being stabbed in the head. Considering that Peter and Logan are very close in combat Speed, I say that's good enough evidence for him being at least slightly faster.

I see Lizard vs Logan becoming a slashing match up. Your right Lizard won't be able to K.O Logan, but his comparable healing factor, and stats advantage should at least give him a chance.

Oh and lol about the feral thing.

Wolverine's durability and damage output are far different from Pete's irregardless of speed. Wolverine's 'brand' of combat reflex speed, coupled with skill, should abridge distance in ways Parker's superhuman speed (speed that is definitely superior to Logan's) cannot. I feel Wolverine is a far greater threat to Lizard than Parker due to overall difference in tool set (I'm sure you'd agree).

I know this is comics, but a man with that kind of training and six twelve inch claws, decapitation would not be too far off ... seriously, IRL martial battles, the head and neck are prime, principle targets. I've let that logic slide in these threads, due to said logic being completely set aside in comic land by necessity (with writers ignoring Logan's skill to feed said necessity). But damn, Wolverine has tools to kill just about any Marvel hero with relative ease were said 'necessity' set aside for a heartbeat or two. Including Lizard. The inverse is not true ... which is why I give Logan majority here assuming both are fighting to the best of their ability.

@god_spawn said:

@laflux: How dare you not call me in too. SS and I are like Wolverine Siamese twins. You don't just call in 1 half.

LOL!! So true ...

#38 Edited by laflux (16795 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII: Oh yes, Logan is definitely more of threat to the Lizard than Peter. The Roflstomp statement referred only to Spider-Man- as Logan's Damage soak and healing would make Lizard's Claws, teeth and Strength alot less useful, so he would obviously do alot better.

My main gripe is with how low Lizard is on the list (Below Rhino :-( ). Logan can beat him, especially if morals were off. In character, I've don't recall Logan going for Decap's in character, which would put down Conner's. Contrary to what many people believe, Logan actually shows quite alot of restraint considering his damage output. Prime examples include shock horror- Peter Parker himself, who he has punched continually sans claws, even in heated battles. And against other healers, like Deadpool, Sabretooth and Daken, its a tactic which is not usually employed, for example, he chose to drown Daken, rather than chop his sons head off.

Though one question- do you recon Logan would be able to apply pressure points on Lizard effectively, given his reptilian morphology?

In any case, the match would be a fun one to watch.

#39 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at the doc

#40 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6465 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@Super_SoldierXII: Oh yes, Logan is definitely more of threat to the Lizard than Peter. The Roflstomp statement referred only to Spider-Man- as Logan's Damage soak and healing would make Lizard's Claws, teeth and Strength alot less useful, so he would obviously do alot better.

My main gripe is with how low Lizard is on the list (Below Rhino :-( ). Logan can beat him, especially if morals were off. In character, I've don't recall Logan going for Decap's in character, which would put down Conner's. Contrary to what many people believe, Logan actually shows quite alot of restraint considering his damage output. Prime examples include shock horror- Peter Parker himself, who he has punched continually sans claws, even in heated battles. And against other healers, like Deadpool, Sabretooth and Daken, its a tactic which is not usually employed, for example, he chose to drown Daken, rather than chop his sons head off.

Though one question- do you recon Logan would be able to apply pressure points on Lizard effectively, given his reptilian morphology?

In any case, the match would be a fun one to watch.

Logan, like many icons, is riddled with inconsistency. A good time to apply a pressure point would have been in his fight against Scott during Schism (to lend but one example). Oddly, story was written by the same writer who had Logan employ one against Kid Gladiator. Go figure.

Point is, the plot must go on. That said, I like to assume all combatants are fighting to the very best of their talents, powers and abilities (including both high end and low end showings) when deciding majority wins as per forum rules. Taking the good with the bad, Wolverine would have zero problems, even morals on, ending the Lizard's days permanently. If we're to assume he's a trained samurai, a master at bushido, then separating head from neck (or a head shot at least) is actually the number one prime target.

I do agree that Logan holds back far, far more often than not. Against Steve, Wade, Parker, Scott, Betsy, heck, even Creed ... the list goes on ... he's hit them all in the face with claws retracted. In 2012 however, he's absolutely destroyed Creed no less than 6 times ... and 2 of them were due to him not shying away from head strikes. I see him doing the same to Lizard here.

I also agree Lizard should be further down the list.

What do you think of a fight against Doc Oc or Electro? These are the two (aside from Sandman who is obvious) I remain unsure of.

#41 Posted by WarlordEternal (2670 posts) - - Show Bio

Are Shockers gauntlets capable of KOing Wolverine?

#42 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@robertloucksjr said:

nah logan is much faster and far more skilled, he'll go for a quick eye slash to end that.

Stops at Electro, if not then, to Sandman.

#43 Edited by Daaerk (204 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Hammerhead (pre-upgrade). Win

2) Classic Kingpin Win

3) Chameleon Win

4) Shocker Win

5) Lizard Win

6) Kraven the Hunter Win

7) Scorpion Win

8) Rhino Loss

9) Green Goblin Loss

10) Mysterio Win

11) Dr. Octopus Loss

12) Electro Complete Loss

13) Sandman Complete Loss

14) Rhino, Shocker, Chameleon, Mysterio, Vulture Complete Loss

Bonus round: Kingpin, Hammerhead, Tombstone, Chameleon, Shocker, Boomerang, Vulture, Mysterio, Dr. Octopus Complete Loss

Daaerk

#44 Posted by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

Electro and Sandman stomp him

#45 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6465 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daaerk:

Logan completely annihilates Rhino.

The only one of your selection I completely and irrevocably disagree with ... Horn head is the exact type of adversary Logan's tool set were devised for.

Wolverine is an extremely bad fight for Rhino. Total domination 8 or 9 on 10 in favor of Logan.

#46 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

The most recent version of Electro was speed blitzing some of the Avengers, and it took Thor and Mjolnir to put him down via absorption and BFR. He was a being of pure electricity at that point. The most recent version of Otto had eight carbonadium tentacles, and had the speed to tag Spidey frequently--his arms can move of their own accord, which is how someone with human reflexes can do that--and while Logan obviously has what it takes to put Doc down, I don't see him getting through that many arms with Otto's impressive combat speed.

#47 Posted by TDK_1997 (14983 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't see him passing Round 12.

#48 Posted by Bo88gdan (4414 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Rhino

#49 Posted by laflux (16795 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

What do you think of a fight against Doc Oc or Electro? These are the two (aside from Sandman who is obvious) I remain unsure of.

Electro was very impressive in Ends of the Earth, I'd say he would probably put down Logan, due how he was going against the avengers.

As for Doc Ock, despite the Fast moving Carbodium Tentacles, I would actually go with Logan. He has experience with that get up considering Omega Red has the set-up, as well as enhanced physicals and death spores. While he could get tagged, I would favor Logan getting close enough to deliver the telling blow.

#50 Posted by laflux (16795 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bo88gdan: @Daaerk:

Why is everyone overrating Rhino so much?