#1 Edited by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine tries to fight against a bunch of Spider-Man's villains!

RULES

- Wolverine has his healing factor
- The location are huge, abandoned underground subway stations with lights, but also dark corners
- Random encounters
- Basic knowledge for everyone on the opponent
- Fight to surrender / K.O. / death

Round 1 = Vulture (Adrian Toomes)
Round 2 = Mysterio (Quentin Beck)
Round 3 = Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius)
Round 4 = Kraven (Sergei Kravinoff)
Round 5 = Shocker (Hermal Schultz)
Round 6 =Scorpion (Mac Gargan)
Round 7 = Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
Round 8 = Venom (Eddie Brock)
Round 9 = Carnage (Cletus Kasady)

#2 Posted by jashro44 (21586 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on what arms doctor octopus has. I think he can take him with his carbonaridium or adamantium arms but wolverine will just shred his titanium ones. He can take the rest of them until round 8.

He isn't getting by venom though. Not much he can do and venom can web him up. Same deal with carnage.

#3 Posted by OrphanCrippler (209 posts) - - Show Bio

stops 5. Shocker tagged Spidey with consistency, so he should have not too much problems with Wolverine, his blats should eventually KO Logan, and his suit would be able to deflect occasional danger.

#4 Posted by BullPR (891 posts) - - Show Bio

Could clear in theory.

Would win a slight majority against Venom.

However, from what I read and remember, his power level was very inconsistent from one arc to another (For example, in Maximum Carnage vs as a member of the Thunderbolts)

Would lose a clear majority against Carnage. Only chance, for me, the mental instability of Kasady and the errors that he could commit.

#5 Posted by dondave (37345 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Depends on what arms doctor octopus has. I think he can take him with his carbonaridium or adamantium arms but wolverine will just shred his titanium ones. He can take the rest of them until round 8.

He isn't getting by venom though. Not much he can do and venom can web him up. Same deal with carnage.

#6 Posted by jashro44 (21586 posts) - - Show Bio

stops 5. Shocker tagged Spidey with consistency, so he should have not too much problems with Wolverine, his blats should eventually KO Logan, and his suit would be able to deflect occasional danger.

Shocker can occasionally tag spider-man problem being is wolverine has way more damage soak then Peter has.

His damage soak along with his own speed and skill feats should allow him to close the gap on Herman. And shocker isn't deflecting his claws at all.

#7 Posted by BullPR (891 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Depends on what arms doctor octopus has. I think he can take him with his carbonaridium or adamantium arms but wolverine will just shred his titanium ones.

Ok

(...)

I disagree, with his HF, he should be able to have at least one shot at Venom and could decapitate him, killing the host.

#8 Posted by jashro44 (21586 posts) - - Show Bio

@bullpr said:

@jashro44 said:

Depends on what arms doctor octopus has. I think he can take him with his carbonaridium or adamantium arms but wolverine will just shred his titanium ones.

Ok

(...)

I disagree, with his HF, he should be able to have at least one shot at Venom and could decapitate him, killing the host.

Venom is just as fast as spider-man so decapitation isn't going to be easy. Not to mention venom has his own healing factor so he can tank a few stabs from wolverine. I would even argue his tendrils are more effective fro an incapacitation win then spider-mans own webbing to be honest.

#9 Posted by God_Spawn (37875 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@orphancrippler said:

Shocker can occasionally tag spider-man problem being is wolverine has way more damage soak then Peter has.

His damage soak along with his own speed and skill feats should allow him to close the gap on Herman. And shocker isn't deflecting his claws at all.

Also to point out, Wolverine can sense changes in air pressure due to blast type attacks. It's how he gets around them from a good distance.

#10 Posted by OrphanCrippler (209 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: his suit deflects spidey punches and deflected a rifle bullet, should easily deflect the claws

#11 Posted by Immortal777 (7576 posts) - - Show Bio

How does Wolverine get around Goblins glider and Vultures loop de loop?

#12 Posted by jashro44 (21586 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: That is also true.

@jashro44: his suit deflects spidey punches and deflected a rifle bullet, should easily deflect the claws

Wolverine has cut people like thanos, thor, Gladiator, Deathhead 2, and hulk. Shocker isn't deflecting that...

#13 Posted by jashro44 (21586 posts) - - Show Bio

The fight takes place in a subway station so flight is limited. Not to mention wolverine has some pretty crazy jumping feats.

#14 Edited by Immortal777 (7576 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@immortal777 said:

The fight takes place in a subway station so flight is limited. Not to mention wolverine has some pretty crazy jumping feats.

Didn't notice the subway part lol.

#15 Edited by BullPR (891 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@bullpr said:

@jashro44 said:

Ok

(...)

Venom is just as fast as spider-man so decapitation isn't going to be easy.

I agree

Not to mention venom has his own healing factor so he can tank a few stabs from wolverine.

Indeed.

I would even argue his tendrils are more effective fro an incapacitation win then spider-mans own webbing to be honest.

That's true

But...

Venom is not bllodlusted, by default he is in character.

Therefore, he should act the same way than all the fights I remember: direct contact trying to KO wolverine. he will, for me, be surprised by the incredible HF of Logan, and Logan once Venom is coming closer to understand what's happening, will not let pass his chance to end the fight in one hit (OP: both have a basic knowledge of their opponent).

Anyway, this how I see the outcome of a slight majority of the fights between the two of them in comic book.

On paper, Venom is an another league for sure.

#16 Posted by jashro44 (21586 posts) - - Show Bio

@bullpr: Venom and wolverine have encountered before so Brock should have an understanding of wolverines capabilities and likewise. Problem being is decapitation isn't going to be easy. Venoms healing factor will let him tank hits and honestly punches from venom, all though may not knock wolverine out he will knock him back which will put some distance between them. Once venom realizes he can't knock wolverine out after a few hits he will try to use tendrils. He has used them in enough battles for me to say there in character.

#17 Edited by BullPR (891 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@bullpr: Venom and wolverine have encountered before so Brock should have an understanding of wolverines capabilities and likewise. Problem being is decapitation isn't going to be easy. Venoms healing factor will let him tank hits and honestly punches from venom, all though may not knock wolverine out he will knock him back which will put some distance between them. Once venom realizes he can't knock wolverine out after a few hits he will try to use tendrils. He has used them in enough battles for me to say there in character.

Difficult to say that anything in your post is wrong. My knowledge of Eddie is mainly from the end of the 80s/early 90s. and after that only when in appeared in the major events published by Marvel in paperbacks (and that's not so frequent). But clearly, Eddie Brock+Symbiote was really not a smart fighter. Why do you think that he will not keep trying to overpower Logan and thus, with this apporach make at least one mistake (Wolverine surprising Venom, it can be ugly very fast for Eddie, even if the decapitation is not done with the very first hit)

#18 Posted by jashro44 (21586 posts) - - Show Bio

@bullpr said:

@jashro44 said:

Difficult to say that anything in your post is wrong. My knowledge of Eddie is mainly from the end of the 80s/early 90s. and then only when in appeared in the major events published by Marvel in paperbacks (and that's not so frequent). But clearly, Eddie Brock+Symbiote was really not a smart fighter. Why do you think that he will not keep trying to overpower Logan and thus, with this apporach make at least one mistake (Wolverine surprising Venom, it can be ugly very fast for Eddie, even if the decapitation is not done with the very first hit)

Not sure why you keep saying brock isn't a smart fighter....He isn't a combat genius but he is a very capable combatant. And he has used tendrils multiple times. Its in his character.

IIRC he even tried using tendrils on wolverine. Wolverine is likely going to get chocked out by venom.

#19 Posted by BullPR (891 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I remember these fights.

My collection stayed in France so I will not be able to argument my point with scans. It was my general impression about the character. If other people with comics available agree with me they will continue the debate for me.

Not sure it will be very convincing to compare a feeling to a succession of scans.

You win this one! :-)

#20 Posted by comic_book_fan (5630 posts) - - Show Bio

ends at round8

#21 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

He stops at Green Goblin, there's no way Wolverine can tag Norman while on his Glider. while wolverine on the other hand,will most likely get knock on conscious from Norman pumpkin(explosive or gas)bombs.

#22 Posted by jashro44 (21586 posts) - - Show Bio

@jojjimbo said:

He stops at Green Goblin, there's no way Wolverine can tag Norman while on his Glider. while wolverine on the other hand,will most likely get knock on conscious from Norman pumpkin(explosive or gas)bombs.

Flight is limited as this takes place in a subway station.

#23 Posted by HyperViper97 (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

He isn't beating venom. Doc ock could be a problem too

#24 Edited by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@jojjimbo said:

Yes a huge one he said, if this station is 2 to 3 stories high, then Norman takes it.

#25 Posted by OreoAssassin (4934 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom laughed at wolverine stabbing him,

#26 Edited by Shawnbaby (10763 posts) - - Show Bio

Shocker's suit protects against Blunt Force...against Slashing or Stabbing attacks it is useless.

#27 Posted by jashro44 (21586 posts) - - Show Bio

@jojjimbo said:

@jashro44 said:

@jojjimbo said:

Yes a huge one he said, if this station is 2 to 3 stories high, then Norman takes it.

Most stations have floors that are pretty close to the ceiling. Pretty sure he is talking about width and length when he says a large subway station and not height.