User Lists: 1

Wolvie & Luther.

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Team 1 because it's easier for them to take down team 2 whereas team 2 has to execute flawlessly in their fights to take down Wolvie with his adamantium and healing factor. This being a random encounter means DS or Wolfman are unprepared and have no knowledge or the necessary equipment to disable Wolvie.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team 1

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Could go either way.

Not really. Both Slade and Gary are sorely lacking in healing. Wolf-Man doesn't have any durability against bladed attacks and either Logan or Luther can dismember him. While Slade would beat Luther, he won't beat Logan.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@jashro44 said:

Could go either way.

Not really. Both Slade and Gary are sorely lacking in healing. Wolf-Man doesn't have any durability against bladed attacks and either Logan or Luther can dismember him. While Slade would beat Luther, he won't beat Logan.

Doesn't Wolf Man have a healing factor? And I was thinking he would probably beat Luther due to his greater strength and claws. Slade can keep Logan busy for a while. Not sure how long Luther can last against wolf man.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dondave

@jashro44 said:

@dondave said:

@jashro44 said:

Could go either way.

Doesn't Wolf Man have a healing factor? And I was thinking he would probably beat Luther due to his greater strength and claws. Slade can keep Logan busy for a while. Not sure how long Luther can last against wolf man.

It's not very good.

He has to turn back into a human. Giving them the opportunity to kill him.

In the very unlikely event that they don't kill him as a human. When he turns back into Wolf-Man he's very groggy and needs a minute or two to regain his composure. Giving them another opportunity to kill him.

Luther's muscles can stop his claws. Once he catches them he can just use his hands to decap Gary.

The question is, how long can Wolf-Man last against Luther Strode?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@jashro44 said:

@dondave said:

@jashro44 said:

Could go either way.

It's not very good.

In the very unlikely event that they don't kill him as a human. When he turns back into Wolf-Man he's very groggy and needs a minute or two to regain his composure. Giving them another opportunity to kill him.

Luther's muscles can stop his claws. Once he catches them he can just use his hands to decap Gary.

I see so I was wrong about the healing factor...Even then though I know Luther can chop through regular human and such but I don't actually believe its cutting damage. As for grabbing wolfmans claws with his tendons has Luther done it to someone with the strength wolfman has? So I still think wolfman can take Luther for a majority.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@dondave said:

@jashro44 said:

@dondave said:

@jashro44 said:

Could go either way.

It's not very good.

I see so I was wrong about the healing factor...Even then though I know Luther can chop through regular human and such but I don't actually believe its cutting damage. As for grabbing wolfmans claws with his tendons has Luther done it to someone with the strength wolfman has? So I still think wolfman can take Luther for a majority.

If it wasn't cutting damage he'd crush the bones of the appendages rather than slicing through it.

Admittedly, there isn't anyone as strong as Wolf-Man in the Luther universe. However, if Gary does manage to tag him, Luther can heal himself. Gary can't.

Not to mention with his body reading, Gary is going to have a great difficulty tagging Luther.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Team 1

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strode could probably solo this.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave:

Well then, I take back my opinion of you being a one word wonder in the battle forums ;)

Appears you actually do debate from time to time.

Pretty much agree with your analysis. Though I feel Deathstroke could take a majority over Luther given his weaponry and armor. Would this happen before Logan takes down Gary? Not too sure about that. Wouldn't bank on it for a majority win in any event.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jashro44

@dondave said:

If it wasn't cutting damage he'd crush the bones of the appendages rather than slicing through it.

Admittedly, there isn't anyone as strong as Wolf-Man in the Luther universe. However, if Gary does manage to tag him, Luther can heal himself. Gary can't.

Not to mention with his body reading, Gary is going to have a great difficulty tagging Luther.

Could have just been the way he hit it. A major point in Luther strode are Luthers talents. With the way they work I would be surprise if he could crush only the part he's hitting. His abilities to work the way karnak's abilities work so thats why I am a bit iffy on them being stabbing/slicing damage.

As for move reading true it can give wolfman problems. And Luther is probably faster than wolfman (I'd have to see if I can dig up some speed feats) however Luther does sometimes tank damage as well. Like against the librarian. So I don't consider it impossible for wolfman to tag Luther.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

As for move reading true it can give wolfman problems. And Luther is probably faster than wolfman (I'd have to see if I can dig up some speed feats) however Luther does sometimes tank damage as well. Like against the librarian. So I don't consider it impossible for wolfman to tag Luther.

To be fair with the Liberian up until the point he killed his mother he couldn't utilize the move-reading effectively as you had to be a murderer. And even after that, Liberian still had move-reading too, so its not surprising that they will were tanking damage against each other.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@dondave said:

Could have just been the way he hit it. A major point in Luther strode are Luthers talents. With the way they work I would be surprise if he could crush only the part he's hitting. His abilities to work the way karnak's abilities work so thats why I am a bit iffy on them being stabbing/slicing damage.

Luther was emotional against the Librarian. He'd just killed his best friend and caused Luther to kill his mother. Not mention, the Librarian was more experienced that Luther. And it was only in their penultimate battle that he developed his move reading IIRC. Which allowed him to eventually kill him. Him managing to hurt Luther isn't a low showing.

Also Luther can afford to take damage as he can heal himself and still fight. Gary on the other hand is going to slowed down by any damage he takes and eventually killed.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave:

Well then, I take back my opinion of you being a one word wonder in the battle forums ;)

Appears you actually do debate from time to time.

Pretty much agree with your analysis. Though I feel Deathstroke could take a majority over Luther given his weaponry and armor. Would this happen before Logan takes down Gary? Not too sure about that. Wouldn't bank on it for a majority win in any event.

Lol.

Yeah, I already said Slade would beat Luther but lose to Logan.

Nah, I could see Logan taking down Wolf-Man with one move. Luther and Slade would be a much longer battle

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I think either of team 2 can beat Luther, but neither can beat Logan. Wolf-Man is limited by his healing requiring him to shift back to human and back to wolf form, which doing so quickly can leave him disoriented. Still I think his speed and strength, not to mention claws, could overcome Luther. Still even 2v1 Logan's adamantium skeleton is a huge savings grace coupled with his healing. I could see Logan taking both after one has had to go through Luther first. Team 1.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: @laflux: Fair enough on the librarian fight.

I'll agree to disagree about wolfman being able to take hits from Luther. I'm still not sure if Luther is using slicing damage with his chops. If he is than yea he probably wins otherwise wolfman should win IMO.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MonsterStomp
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MonsterStomp

@monsterstomp:

I'm open to being convinced otherwise though haha.

No, no. I don't know much about Wolf-Man. I was just surprised.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Gojira2014

@jashro44 said:

I'll agree to disagree about wolfman being able to take hits from Luther. I'm still not sure if Luther is using slicing damage with his chops. If he is than yea he probably wins otherwise wolfman should win IMO.

How can Luther cut through Wolf Man again?

No Caption Provided

Here Wolfman's daughter is using some of the Vampire blood to increase her stats with Zecharia's sword.

No Caption Provided

Here Zecharia with all the Vampire Strength using same sword on Wolfman.

Case close.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think either of team 2 can beat Luther, but neither can beat Logan. Wolf-Man is limited by his healing requiring him to shift back to human and back to wolf form, which doing so quickly can leave him disoriented. Still I think his speed and strength, not to mention claws, could overcome Luther. Still even 2v1 Logan's adamantium skeleton is a huge savings grace coupled with his healing. I could see Logan taking both after one has had to go through Luther first. Team 1.

This is inaccurate as well, as Wolfman has shown no disorientation when he healed himself in later transformations at the end of his run thanks to the Eldar's training.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014: Well in that case I'll just stay out of this. If Luther can't one shot Wolfman, than wolfman should win.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#34  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@gojira2014: Ah I haven't gotten that far into it yet. I just started volume 2. Does his fighting improve as well? Or does he keep the savage brawler type fighting throughout?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dondave

@jashro44 said:

No Caption Provided

Here Wolfman's daughter is using some of the Vampire blood to increase her stats with Zecharia's sword.

No Caption Provided

Case close.

No Caption Provided

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014: Ah I haven't gotten that far into it yet. I just started volume 2. Does his fighting improve as well? Or does he keep the savage brawler type fighting throughout?

His fighting is refined enough to fight the pretty skilled Zechariah, but is pretty meh to be honest. He tanks hits cause he knows he can, and dishes out good attacks, however he is not a dumb brick as he shows technical skill, as well has stated months of training with the Vampire Zechariah and Eldar.

So he is above average skill.

Also to show you the healing feat.

Here he suffers great physical damage, transforms at night, and shows no distortion from it.

here again Wolfman tanks a heart stab, and goes human form, passes out from the damage. After a panel of quick banter he is transformed and ready to role with no side effects. All this is do to his additional training from the Eldar to get past the weakness of transformations.

As states the real weakness is not the dizzy affect of transformation, it is going human form. the more damage you receive (look at above scans) the more screwed up you will be in human form. while in human form you will also be more vulnerable. BUT there is good news as the wolf form has a minor healing factor in it anyway, and can withstand the worse of blows before giving out, grating plenty of time to retreat and heal.

So the weakness is more the possibility of passing out for a 10 seconds from the worst of blows before transforming again like Wolf Man showed in the fight with Cloe. Of course Minor damage can be shrugged off easy with transformations.

@dondave said:

@gojira2014 said:

@jashro44 said:

Case close.

No Caption Provided

This has nothing to do with slicing through bones. She stabs in in the chest, most likely between ribs, and through the heart.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014 If it was through the ribs, she would have used a flat thrust. Not to mention the point of entry is around the Sternum rather than between a two ribs.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Gojira2014

@dondave said:

@gojira2014 If it was through the ribs, she would have used a flat thrust. Not to mention the point of entry is around the Sternum rather than between a two ribs.

so this one showing of stabbing through a area that can be seen easy as inbetween the bones area is solid proof against all the durable bone showings of Wolf Man vs Invicibles punch that slapped him down to earth with no damage or broken boines, easily stopping same blade with greater vampire strength behind on his arm bone, Ribs that withstand earth cratering slams, and skin that withstands intense flamethrowers with no damage?

All that negated by a questionable placement of a heart stab by art? lets test this theory with Adamantium bones Wolverine shall wee? :)

No Caption Provided

Kaine can heart stab Wolverine with bone stingers through Wolverine's Adamantium ribs in his chest even though said stingers are larger in diameter than the space between ribs?

No Caption Provided

DP from the art stabs Wolvie clearly through spine area and rips out.

No Caption Provided

Stabbed clearly through the Admantium shoulder joint.

No Caption Provided

Shot through the adamanitum ribs again.

No Caption Provided

Art shows for sure sword through adamantium sternum and spine!

No Caption Provided

Deadpool again stabs wolverine through ribs area from the exit points with swords larger than the space between ribs :/

No Caption Provided

Again stabbed through adamantium sternum and spine by art.

I think one of these might be bone claw, and correct me if I am wrong on that. o know majority of them are adamantium bone though. So I guess all this is proof that Adamantium is stab able? or is the art just not as clear drawn as it is meant and questionable at best?

That one scan is clearly not stabbing through the bone as past feats show the bone durability to be far greater IMO.