#1 Posted by comic_book_fan (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

head to head fight who wins.

#2 Posted by Wolverine08 (43679 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine.

#3 Posted by MarlboroMan (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Deathstroke has his Nth armor he wins if not Wolverine

#4 Posted by scorphon (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@marlboroman: If the Deathstroke has his Nth armor he wins if not Wolverine

^This Wolverine would get sat down with his armor on.

#5 Edited by Wolverine08 (43679 posts) - - Show Bio

The armor won't make that much of a difference IMO. Sure, Slade will get a slight strength and durability increase, but he's been stabbed by regular swords with the Nth armor on. Wolverine's claws should be able to stab him.

#6 Posted by scorphon (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: If Wolverine is able to get a hit on him it might take a little longer then you think and by that time who knows what could have happened isn't Deathstroke faster?

#7 Edited by Wolverine08 (43679 posts) - - Show Bio

@scorphon: No, Deathstroke really shouldn't be faster than Wolverine, and even if he is, his edge in speed should be miniscule at most.

#8 Posted by scorphon (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I guess you're right I'm still sticking with my gut and saying it could go either way then or if they both had prep time Deathstroke would win.

#9 Posted by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

This fight depends on a lot of things and I wish there was more info on the fight. With prep Slade has this hands down. Random encounter.... if this is Wolverine with his healing factor I'm picking him. Slade may have Wolverine physically as he's slightly superhuman and Logan's only peak, but getting around Logans skill, ferocity, claws, and healing factor (if he's got one here.... again no info on the fight) is going to be too tough. Even with Nth armor. In a random encounter I got Wolverine for the majority... if things are planned out I got Deathstroke.

#10 Posted by MarlboroMan (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

With his Nth armor his physcial attributes increase a lot, he stood up against lobo and tanked countless hits from him (and even killed him in the end) Lobo is a guy who can go toe to toe with Superman

#11 Posted by Wolverine08 (43679 posts) - - Show Bio

With his Nth armor his physcial attributes increase a lot, he stood up against lobo and tanked countless hits from him (and even killed him in the end) Lobo is a guy who can go toe to toe with Superman

That's just PIS. Slade is a 3 tonner at best with the Nth armor. He shouldn't have been able to even hurt Lobo.

#12 Posted by MarlboroMan (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: lol why talking so sure are you about his stats are you the writer or something?

#13 Posted by Wolverine08 (43679 posts) - - Show Bio

@marlboroman:

Deathstroke is a low level superhuman because of his enhancements. The Nth armor does increase his strength a bit, but it's pure PIS that he could even hurt Lobo (a guy that can trade shots with Superman) with his punches.

#14 Posted by MarlboroMan (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: nth armor doesnt increase a bit, it increase A lot and not just strenght, speed and durability as well. His fight with Lobo wasn't the only fight against a top tier character in new52, he beat a guy who can lift a whole submarine(and also survived by that submarine too)

#15 Posted by Equonox (966 posts) - - Show Bio

@marlboroman:

Deathstroke is a low level superhuman because of his enhancements. The Nth armor does increase his strength a bit, but it's pure PIS that he could even hurt Lobo (a guy that can trade shots with Superman) with his punches.

That begs the question - he's using Deathstroke's fight with Lobo to demonstrate how durable/strong he is. Your answer is: "he shouldn't have been able to because he's not that strong, thus it's PIS"...you see the logical fallacy here? You're making an assumption about Deathstroke's strength and durability not supported by evidence, and using that un-evidenced assumption to refute evidence.

Anyway, on topic...I'd take Deathstroke here - more skilled, better physicals, much better weaponry. Death Wolvie was pretty cool, but he doesn't really have any feats that set him apart from standard Wolverine, who I think would get owned by DS 9/10 times for the reasons above.

#16 Posted by DevilMayRaven (49 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a pretty good fight at least I think so.

#17 Posted by Wolverine08 (43679 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox:

How is Deathstroke more skilled than Wolverine at fighting?

#18 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6467 posts) - - Show Bio

This fight depends on a lot of things and I wish there was more info on the fight. With prep Slade has this hands down. Random encounter.... if this is Wolverine with his healing factor I'm picking him. Slade may have Wolverine physically as he's slightly superhuman and Logan's only peak, but getting around Logans skill, ferocity, claws, and healing factor (if he's got one here.... again no info on the fight) is going to be too tough. Even with Nth armor. In a random encounter I got Wolverine for the majority... if things are planned out I got Deathstroke.

Wolverine is not peak human. He is low level superhuman. 1-2 ton range. Official modern Marvel handbook stats have his strength rating at a 4. He has plenty of feats to back that up as well.

#19 Posted by Wolverine08 (43679 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

@wolverine08 said:

@marlboroman:

That begs the question - he's using Deathstroke's fight with Lobo to demonstrate how durable/strong he is. Your answer is: "he shouldn't have been able to because he's not that strong, thus it's PIS"...you see the logical fallacy here? You're making an assumption about Deathstroke's strength and durability not supported by evidence, and using that un-evidenced assumption to refute evidence.

Anyway, on topic...I'd take Deathstroke here - more skilled, better physicals, much better weaponry. Death Wolvie was pretty cool, but he doesn't really have any feats that set him apart from standard Wolverine, who I think would get owned by DS 9/10 times for the reasons above.

I'd say Wolverine wins in an EXTREMELY hard battle. Without the Nth armor, I'd Logan and Slade are equals in speed and strength. With the armor, I'd say that Slade has a slight advantage in strength in speed. Fighting skill wise, I would say they are equals in fighting skills as these guys are both among the best in their respective universes. Intelligence/strategic wise I give Slade an advantage. I know most people will say Slade completely outclasses Wolverine in this department because he thinks 9 times faster than a human, etc. but he doesn't. Wolverine has been labeled by Forge (a genius) as having such an intelligent and strategic mind that he would be able to complete an Olympic gold medal event while beating four chess computers in his head. So while I give Slade the advantage with strategy, it isn't a curbstomp. I think with these guys being so evenly matched in most areas, the game changer in this fight is going to be durability. Both Logan and Slade have healing factors, but Logan's completely outclasses Slade in this department. He has tanked hits from the Hulk, healed from a nuclear explosion burning him down to a skeleton in a matter of seconds, soaked up multiple rounds of machine gun bullets, etc. I think Slade will be able to take a couple of stabs from Wolverine and still go strong, but after a while, he's going to tire out, while Logan's superior healing factor will allow him to still go strong and take out Slade. Overall, I give a Wolverine a slight 6-7/10 majority in one of the hardest fights of his life due to his far superior healing factor and other reasons mentioned above.

#20 Posted by jashro44 (22887 posts) - - Show Bio

Lobo was weakened in his fight with deathstroke. Stop using that fight as eveidence.

#21 Edited by patrat18 (10170 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

@wolverine08 said:

@marlboroman:

exactly although i don't see deathsroke killing wolverine at all

#22 Posted by comic_book_fan (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

most battle sites frown on people who make the fight debating in the fight is that the case here because if not I would like to put my opinion I will wait for replies before I put my 2 cents in.

#23 Posted by Equonox (966 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@equonox said:

@wolverine08 said:

@marlboroman:

exactly although i don't see deathsroke killing wolverine at all

He obviously can't kill him but I assume KO is a possible win condition...?

#24 Posted by Fastnoc (270 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Dude, the armor makes more than a slight difference, the difference is peak human vs metahuman. Deathstroke wins this, I would call Promethium the equivalent to Adamantium and I feel that since Deathstroke can think faster and move faster with his armor on, he will win this.

#25 Posted by dondave (38516 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Lobo was weakened in his fight with deathstroke. Stop using that fight as eveidence.

He was weakened but he's obviously still in the Super-human range

#26 Posted by jashro44 (22887 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@jashro44 said:

He was weakened but he's obviously still in the Super-human range

Yes but everyone is saying he was superman level. He wasn't any where near that. Honestly the only indication we have that Lobo was even class 100 was the fact he broke Slades Nth metal armor. I don't recall him doing anything else to indicate class 100 strength.

#27 Posted by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii: Well, if that's what the handbook says that's what the handbook says. I tend to go by definition of powers, and his powers are enhanced senses, and a healing factor. That's it. How he became super strong or super fast I'v yet to figure out, except that he's popular so writers gradually gave him abilities he shouldn't have.

#28 Edited by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna say Wolverine in a good fight.

#29 Posted by Wolverine08 (43679 posts) - - Show Bio

@fastnoc:

Wolverine isn't peak human dude. He's a low level superhuman in the 2-3 to range.

#30 Posted by Wolverine08 (43679 posts) - - Show Bio

@schillenger420:

The healing factor constantly healing his muscles allows them to go beyond human limits, and give Logan low level superhuman strength. Comic book science. Lol.

#31 Edited by comic_book_fan (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine has enhanced strength feats and stats have supported this forever

wolverine as death is even stronger and has low end energy projection.

#32 Posted by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I can see that because he had to cruise around with adamantium for so long he get's slightly better than peak human strength, but in turn it should have slowed him down..... now that there's no adamantium, i'll accept that the lack of all that weight he's been carrying for so long.... he's now faster than peak human.....but neither of those things were brought about by mutation. His endurance resistance to poisons/toxins is his only physical stat given to him via mutation. Him being able to bullet-time (among some of his other feats) on the other hand..... that's complete WIS.

#33 Posted by Wolverine08 (43679 posts) - - Show Bio

@schillenger420:

Wolverine has always had bullet timing reflexes due to his healing factor. It's not WIS.

#34 Edited by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Yeah.... yeah it is. Where in his mutation does it say "super-speed?" I'm really curious. Bullets move pretty damn fast..... Again, the writer amped his power with no real reason other than he/she decided to do so.

#35 Posted by Wolverine08 (43679 posts) - - Show Bio

@schillenger420:

One of the healing factor's sub abilities was increasing his muscles performance abilities beyond that of a human, and giving him low level superhuman speed, agility, and strength. Even old Marvel handbooks from the 80s had this stuff in it. It's nothing new.

#36 Posted by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Again, Slightly above peak human speed/strength I buy..... but slightly above peak human doesn't mean a character should be able to bullet-time. A bullet moves really, really fast. Super-speed i'll buy because hey, it's super-speed, how fast should we make him go... But when that's not a part of a guys powerset, he shouldn't have it. I understand this is just my opinion and it fly's in the face of all kinds of scan's and feats, but personally, when I read what Wolverines mutations are, I don't see " ability that makes him a bullet-timer" anywhere in there. I can see him maybe using his enhanced senses to know where the bullet's going to go before it's fired and just not be there, he is after all a man of skill, and i'm convinced he's slightly above peak human.... but once that bullet's in flight there's no way he should be able to dodge it.

#37 Posted by Wolverine08 (43679 posts) - - Show Bio

@schillenger420:

There are numerous street levelers who are only peak human and bullet time. If Logan is superhuman, I don't see why he shouldn't be able to do the same.

#38 Posted by whacknasty (5626 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone list off the augmentations Wolvie got as Death? I can't remember what I've read about it, but Apocalypse usually adds to his Horsemen in some pretty significant ways...

#39 Edited by comic_book_fan (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

@whacknasty:

he was a little stronger hand low end energy projection and a sword and cool armor.

#40 Posted by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: As for those numerous street-levelers that do it without some kind of defacto "super-speed" , or "super reflexes/reaction time.....I call BS.... For instance Captain America is only peak human... I looked it up not too long ago to see what his definition of powers were (I thought he was superhuman..... technically he's only peak..... good fight for Batman) He shouldn't be a bullet-timer.... yet i'm sure there are feats where he does such a thing. I know i'm not on the winning end of this, and it's all fictional, comic characters and all that. We are however all entitled to our opinions... and I stand by mine. By definition of powers Wolverine should in no way be a bullet-timer, neither should Batman, Captain America, Hawkeye, hell even Deathstroke at slightly above peak human shouldn't be able to bullet-time. Such limitations are what make street-levelers well..... street-levelers. Spiderman however does get a pass because he in fact does have super-speed/agility/reflexes...... not peak human nor slightly above but in fact "super". That's why I consider him to be mid-tier........though low mid-tier.

#41 Posted by whacknasty (5626 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6467 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii: Well, if that's what the handbook says that's what the handbook says. I tend to go by definition of powers, and his powers are enhanced senses, and a healing factor. That's it. How he became super strong or super fast I'v yet to figure out, except that he's popular so writers gradually gave him abilities he shouldn't have.

You've yet to figure these things out because you don't follow, read or know enough about the character in question. It's that simple really. Wolverine's hoisted and tossed an 800lbs dumpster with one hand, did the same to a motorcycle as well. He's used a gigantic tree trunk as easily as though it were a baseball bat, tossed a great white shark into a boat while floating in the ocean, destroyed a sizable boulder with a kick, punched into a steel wall, easily kicked down a solid steel door, snapped free from handcuffs with ease, broke out of purportedly indestructible restraints, twice, and really, the list goes on ....

Much the same can be said for his combat reflex feats, jumping feats, endurance feats ...

So if you are not aware Wolverine's stats are low level superhuman, then the only conclusion to be drawn is you don't really know much about the character in question.

#43 Posted by Enzeru--defunct (2923 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine isn't peak human dude. He's a low level superhuman in the 2-3 to range.

I don't doubt that Wolverine has a certain amount of super strength, but "2-3" tons never really came to my mind.
Can you provide a feat, which indicates that he may be that strong? When it comes to Deathstroke, we know that he is around 3 tons, due to a certain feat he had back in the day, when he pulled a chain, which was pulled by 50 or hell maybe even 100 children before.

Captain America and Batman have few feats, where one would assume that they're benchpressing 500 lbs and squatting +1000 lbs, but I can't remember any pure strength feats for Wolverine. I would say that he is slightly stronger than Captain America, but "2-3" tons? Dayum.

#44 Posted by jashro44 (22887 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: the feat with deathstroke pulling the rope that took 100 men isn't canon.

#45 Posted by Wolverine08 (43679 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:
@wolverine08 said:

I don't doubt that Wolverine has a certain amount of super strength, but "2-3" tons never really came to my mind.

Can you provide a feat, which indicates that he may be that strong? When it comes to Deathstroke, we know that he is around 3 tons, due to a certain feat he had back in the day, when he pulled a chain, which was pulled by 50 or hell maybe even 100 children before.

Captain America and Batman have few feats, where one would assume that they're benchpressing 500 lbs and squatting +1000 lbs, but I can't remember any pure strength feats for Wolverine. I would say that he is slightly stronger than Captain America, but "2-3" tons? Dayum.

He snapped a dinosaur's neck once with his bare hands.

#46 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8973 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: That Lobo was just a copycat not the real one,this copycat isn't stronger or durable as the pre-flashpoint versionand his healing factor is similar that Wolverine. With the armor Slade withstood a nuclear submarine throw against him.

#47 Posted by Wolverine08 (43679 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8973 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by MonsterStomp (19272 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox:

How is Deathstroke more skilled than Wolverine at fighting?

He isn't, though his ability to predict is nearly unmatched, he can spar with Batman no problem and Batman is more skilled than Wolverine in hand to hand.

FYI Deathstroke is currently at least low-level meta-human. Tanking a submarine and defeating someone who threw it isn't a super-human feat.

#50 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (6467 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru:

You can read my post above for starters. Another off the top of my head, is when Wolverine was hoisting an elevator full of people with one arm on each cable. There are dozens of feats that any decent Wolverine respect thread can show you ...