VS
VS

Cyclops & Captain America

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Morals are on
  • Random encounter
  • Standard gear
  • Cyclops is pre AVX (assume cap and cyclops team work wont be hindered by AVX)
  • Wolverine has his healing factor
  • Win by KO/Death/Incapacitation

• Begin visible
  • Begin 30 feet apart
  • Unpopulated
  • Fight takes place here:
No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Team 1

CaptainUzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'd like to say team 1, but chances are that Cyclops and cap are just going to blow wolvie and dp to pieces with the knowledge of their regeneration, so I'm going with team 2. To death would be a much different story though.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im going to say team 1 because of morals. Wolverine and Deadpool can both fight evenly with cap. I would say that wolverine and cap would probably go at it because both of them are close combat fighters. Cyclops best bet would be to keep his distance away from deadpool. If deadpool bring it to a close encounter with Cyclops then its only a matter of time before he gets put down. Deadpool also have guns and other long range weaponry that woul be a threat to Cyclops. And I will say that wolverine would eventually put down Cap. And then proceed to help deadpool with Cyclops

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to say team 1, but chances are that Cyclops and cap are just going to blow wolvie and dp to pieces with the knowledge of their regeneration, so I'm going with team 2. To death would be a much different story though.

Yea I wasn't sure how cyclops would act in character…I think he may want to minimize damage to the city though.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Team 1.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i want to say team 2 but idk how they put down deadpool

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool can solo..

regeneration is a key factor.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman1
AllStarHit-Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool can solo..

no he cant

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

By blasting him in the face.

Deadpool can solo..

Based on that logic, Wolverine should solo too. But neither will.

Do people really not know how hard Cyclops can "hit"?

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil said:

By blasting him in the face.

um ok, teach me. what exactly will blasting him in the face do exactly?? Im under the impression that his regen is off the charts fast.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@foreverevil: Knock him out at the least or vaporize him at most, which vaporization is unlikely given the scenario. Scott can rip through mountains with his optic blasts if he wants to. Deadpool can be rendered unconscious by people far less then that.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil: Knock him out at the least or vaporize him at most, which vaporization is unlikely given the scenario. Scott can rip through mountains with his optic blasts if he wants to. Deadpool can be rendered unconscious by people far less then that.

eh, good point. how llikely is it that scott can hit him given the 30 feet starting distance? high?

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

also, after seeing that the starting distance is a mere 30 feet away. cant scott just make his blas very wide and solo them? 30 feet is super close to scott

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By patrat18

Team 2. Like spawn said blast DP's head off and double team Wolverine.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TifaLockhart

I'm giving this to Cap and Slim in a close one. It could very easily go the other way.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@foreverevil: It can be an issue with all the cover unless he starts shredding it apart from the start. He's got the accuracy feats when it comes to tagging fast and agile opponents, so an argument could be made that he potentially could. It's just that he has to make the shot count since both of team 1 with all of the cover can dodge him, and they do start incredibly close, so they also have a good chance of dodging or blocking an initial shot. He most likely wouldn't want to start wrecking up property in character, but I do know of some instances where he has damaged buildings when fighting, but I'd have to double check for a refresher in context. Aside from that, he knows of both of their regenerative powers, so he doesn't need to worry too much about holding back to the degree he would against a normal human. With that said, it still doesn't mean he will start blasting up the place or lawn blast both of them.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 god_spawn  Moderator

@god_spawn said:

also, after seeing that the starting distance is a mere 30 feet away. cant scott just make his blas very wide and solo them? 30 feet is super close to scott

He could, but like I said, he won't vaporize them. And I also don't think he would start shredding through the city property unless it's an actual enemy. He might wreck a car, but he isn't just gonna obliterate everything to deal with them despite them having regen. At most, he just won't hold back his blasts as much when he does get the shot since they can both take it. Honestly, I think Cap and Cyke's best bet is to let Cap get in front of Cyke and provide defense. Scott is then the turret. Also given how they have cover themselves or buildings, Cap and Cyke can put their back to the wall, and it makes it harder to get Cyke. Deadpool is the only one on team 1 with range, and he isn't bringing anything that Cap can't block. Wolverine doesn't have much of a choice but to get in close, and with the defensive position, it leaves him open for getting blasted. If Deadpool runs in it, same thing. Cyke and Cap are both incredibly smart in battle, and I could see a strategy like that coming into play even from the start. Both characters are able to think on the fly, so it's plausible.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO it's range versus melee.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Chibi_cute
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morals on hinders Cyke. I see cyke fighting either of team 1 being like his fight with Wolverine in Schism. Since Cyke won't go all out Team 1 can outlast him or Cap. Team 1 wins in this scenario

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@god_spawn: pretty sure wolverine can survive it.

Surviving doesn't matter. They can be knocked unconscious and therefore lose.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In fact, if advance knowledge is present, wouldn't that mean Slim has incentive to not hold back?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@tifalockhart said:

In fact, if advance knowledge is present, wouldn't that mean Slim has incentive to not hold back?

Only to an extent. Like I have been saying in my last few posts.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those two really hate each other.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@tifalockhart: Wolverine and Cyclops have fought plenty of times before. They never once willingly shot to kill or severely maim each other without outside forces manipulating the circumstances. The big one where everything came to a boil in Schism, despite Aaron lowballing the power of Scott's optic blasts and writing him a bit out of character, still had them pulling their shots. Scott didn't just nuke Wolverine to bones (the sentinel kinda did though), when Scott could have and taken the detonator. Vise versa, Wolverine didn't just detach one of Scott's hands to get the device either. And both were in a life or death situation and incredibly pissed, yet it stuck within their characters' personalities, at least enough of their personalities, to balance in with the continuity of their past encounters.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: whoa. Here I thought James would gut Summers if given the chance.

I guess I should stop being so prejudiced. :-(

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@tifalockhart: Even right now with Scott being considered a terrorist, Wolverine has had encounters with Cyclops. Scott didn't just nuke Wolverine on the lawn of his school when he could have. He didn't just blast him in BoTA. Same for Wolverine. He may think Scott is off his rocker, but he hasn't even tried turning him into the Avengers, let alone stabbing him. Scott's even said that if anyone of his friends, or old ones, thought he willingly killed Xavier, then they could kill him because he wouldn't be able to live with the thought they think he did it in cold blood.