@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Dear lord. La sigh.

Why?

Because, while I truly like the character, Batman is a walking plot device.

He has 'something' for every occasion. But just because you saw him use it in New 52 Batman #3 doesn't make it part of his standard gear. He has 'something' to solo Flash and Superman and Wonder Woman and God and our Lord Jesus Christ in his back pocket as well ...

He's got a ton of gear that could take care of Deathstroke with as well. Yet DS still kicks his arse more often than not. So ya, I'm sure he's got a 'super magnet' now. Let's see him pull it out a half dozen more times please before we consider it standard gear.

Give Batman prep, then you can assume he has it on him.

That's why.

He used it against thugs in a random encounter,he has nothing to solo Wonder Woman or Flash.He had a K-nite ring sometime ago.

Snyder is a proven writer,Batman does'nt use his gadgets much for the same reason Wolverine does'nt use his skill much.By the way when he first fought Deathstroke and got beaten he never really had such an impressive arsenal.Post-Knightfall is where is started to get ridiculous.

It's a part of his standard equipment period,he did'nt need prep in the situation where he used it.And no he has no gear which can take care of Slade,with the possible exception of the sonic device.

OK. I read Batman #3.

That was no random encounter.

He was ready to engage the Whisper Gang. He came prepared. He knew said gang was called the "Whisper Gang" because they wore metal masks on their faces for one full year to show their loyalty. He knew this. He also knew they controlled the fifth tunnel and came prepared to engage said gang - metal masks and all. His dialogue screams I CAME READY FOR YOU.

Like I said, this super magnet is not part of Batman's standard gear. Always why I prefer reading the book before commenting further as people interpret things in ways that reinforce their argument 99% of the time. Not faulting you for it, we all do it. Tis human nature. Again, that encounter was a prepped for encounter.

Except that they were just human thugs,if it was an actual non fodder chatacter (s) then i would have agreed.He has knowledge on all the gangs in Gotham,does'nt mean that he needs to keep a special something for each gang.

The super magnet is post new earth (flash point). The op says pre new earth. The magnet isn't here.

Makes no difference,Batman is Batman.His history has been mostly left untouched.

Your probably right but the op still says pre new earth, meaning technically we can't use it here.

He would have used it anyway,like i said there's no difference.The history is intact,Snyder is writing etc.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By jashro44

@entropy_aegis: I guess.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PikminMania said:

@Super_SoldierXII:

1. We won't agree on this point. But Batman did dodge Deadshot, so I think he could easily dodge Wade.
  2. Wade's jaw getting knocked off.
  3. What I meant was that you've only shown stuff from past Way's run.
  4. All of those scans are during Daniel Way's time writing Deadpool. AKA, current Deadpool. This fight is not with current Deadpool.

1. Fair enough.

2. No it wasn't. I gave you the story arc it comes from.

3. So?

4. Who says?? Edit: Oh. OP says. Just read that part ... sigh ... OK then. I was wondering why you kept harping on "Pre-Way" five billion times. Gotcha. My bad.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Dear lord. La sigh.

Why?

He has 'something' for every occasion. But just because you saw him use it in New 52 Batman #3 doesn't make it part of his standard gear. He has 'something' to solo Flash and Superman and Wonder Woman and God and our Lord Jesus Christ in his back pocket as well ...

He's got a ton of gear that could take care of Deathstroke with as well. Yet DS still kicks his arse more often than not. So ya, I'm sure he's got a 'super magnet' now. Let's see him pull it out a half dozen more times please before we consider it standard gear.

That's why.

He used it against thugs in a random encounter,he has nothing to solo Wonder Woman or Flash.He had a K-nite ring sometime ago.

Snyder is a proven writer,Batman does'nt use his gadgets much for the same reason Wolverine does'nt use his skill much.By the way when he first fought Deathstroke and got beaten he never really had such an impressive arsenal.Post-Knightfall is where is started to get ridiculous.

It's a part of his standard equipment period,he did'nt need prep in the situation where he used it.And no he has no gear which can take care of Slade,with the possible exception of the sonic device.

OK. I read Batman #3.

He was ready to engage the Whisper Gang. He came prepared. He knew said gang was called the "Whisper Gang" because they wore metal masks on their faces for one full year to show their loyalty. He knew this. He also knew they controlled the fifth tunnel and came prepared to engage said gang - metal masks and all. His dialogue screams I CAME READY FOR YOU.

Like I said, this super magnet is not part of Batman's standard gear. Always why I prefer reading the book before commenting further as people interpret things in ways that reinforce their argument 99% of the time. Not faulting you for it, we all do it. Tis human nature. Again, that encounter was a prepped for encounter.

Except that they were just human thugs,if it was an actual non fodder chatacter (s) then i would have agreed.He has knowledge on all the gangs in Gotham,does'nt mean that he needs to keep a special something for each gang.

No they were not 'just' human thugs. Batman admits that of Gothams five gangs, they are the most fierce, the most brutal, and the best trained. The candidates known as the 'sixth' are given extensive weapons training before being sent overseas. So he knew he was up against tough hombres and greater numbers. He knew they all wore iron masks. He knew he would have to face them to get the answers he was after.

He came prepared.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#155  Edited By nickthedevil

Team one wins not a stomp, but not hard either.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#156  Edited By PikminMania

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@PikminMania said:

@Super_SoldierXII:

1. We won't agree on this point. But Batman did dodge Deadshot, so I think he could easily dodge Wade.
  4. All of those scans are during Daniel Way's time writing Deadpool. AKA, current Deadpool. This fight is not with current Deadpool.

1. Fair enough.

3. So?

4. Who says?? Edit: Oh. OP says. Just read that part ... sigh ... OK then. I was wondering why you kept harping on "Pre-Way" five billion times. Gotcha. My bad.

1. Spider-man knocking Wade's jaw off was in Deadpool vol. 2, aka Way's run.
  2. Okay, glad we are cool now.
majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#157  Edited By majestic99

Wolverine and Deadpool. Both have tremendous healing factors that give them the edge over the weak link in Team 2:Batman. Sure he has alot of gadgets, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have anything that stunt neither Wolverine's/Deadpool's regenerative healing factors(which grant them immunity to all toxins and diseases).

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By PikminMania

@majestic99: @majestic99: It doesn't grant them immunity to nerve strikes, or a knock out.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#159  Edited By ReVamp

Team 2 imo.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By jashro44

I think it could go either way. I think wolverine would beat deathstorke but batman vs deadpool. Depends how long it takes batman to find out about deadpols healing factor. I think deadpool will blab it out like he did against moon knight that one time. Depends how long deadpool can keep his mouth shut...

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#161  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@PikminMania said:

@majestic99: @majestic99: It doesn't grant them immunity to nerve strikes, or a knock out.

Nerve strikes don't take them down. Their healing factors neutralize the effects instantly.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PikminMania said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@PikminMania said:

@Super_SoldierXII:

1. Fair enough.

3. So?

Even pre-Way's Deadpool had a pretty awesome healing factor though. He gave Cable a hard fight more than once. I don't see what's so offensive about modern DP not able to die. It's his schtick. It's no more offensive than a man who can fly through space and do battle in the heart of the sun ...

Anyways; like I said on the very first page, this fight can go either way. However, personally, I don't see Batman going hard and brutal enough, fast enough, to really put DP down before Wolverine lands that one telling blow to take Deathstroke out of the fight. Nothing anyone's said or shown in the past 8 pages convinces otherwise.

I think 'pressure points' are used way too often to justify a peak human taking out a super. And with his regeneration and overall durability, Deadpool is a super. Just becaue Pyslocke and Elektra pulled it off (momentarily) on Logan (who was distracted in the Elektra case and holding back, even pausing, in the Psylocke instance), doesn't mean Batman will do it to Deadpool for an automatic 'I win'.

If Batman knew about Wade's abilities going into the fight, even without prep, I'd say Bruce would take Wade out before Logan does likewise to Slade. However, without any foreknowledge of Wades regenerative abilities, I don't see Batman applying the kind of pressure and damage right out of the gate he would need to to win.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By PikminMania

@god_spawn:

Not for Wolverine

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@PikminMania said:

@god_spawn:

Not for Wolverine

Yes for Wolverine. Shingen and Echo both have tried and they failed.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By nick_hero22

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Dear lord. La sigh.

Why?

That's why.

OK. I read Batman #3.

No they were not 'just' human thugs. Batman admits that of Gothams five gangs, they are the most fierce, the most brutal, and the best trained. The candidates known as the 'sixth' are given extensive weapons training before being sent overseas. So he knew he was up against tough hombres and greater numbers. He knew they all wore iron masks. He knew he would have to face them to get the answers he was after.

He came prepared.

The Gotham Five wasn't the only gang he ran into during his search in the underground rail lines.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Dear lord. La sigh.

Why?

That's why.

OK. I read Batman #3.

He came prepared.

The Gotham Five wasn't the only gang he ran into during his search in the underground rail lines.

He had already explored the first four lines ... each rail line belongs to one of the five principle gangs of Gotham (yakuza, ukranians etc.).

So I think you're confused in stating 'the Gotham Five' as being a singular gang or the 'only' gang he had run into. Who else had he run into aside from each of the five gangs?

The last gang is run by the aforementioned 'sixth' enforcers of the 'Whisper Gang'. He had come prepared to face them knowing they were unique and knowing they wore iron masks. I fail to see your point... ?

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By nick_hero22

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Dear lord. La sigh.

Why?

That's why.

OK. I read Batman #3.

He came prepared.

He had already explored the first four lines ... each rail line belongs to one of the five principle gangs of Gotham (yakuza, ukranians etc.).

So I think you're confused in stating 'the Gotham Five' as being a singular gang or the 'only' gang he had run into. Who else had he run into aside from each of the five gangs?

The last gang is run by the aforementioned 'sixth' enforcers of the 'Whisper Gang'. He had come prepared to face them knowing they were unique and knowing they wore iron masks. I fail to see your point... ?

I read the comic, nothing in dialogue or text implies that he prepped for the Whisper Gang you could assume that since they wore iron mask but highly doubt it since they weren't the first gang on his list go talk to and before pulling out that magnet he was using the environment (a broken cable) to exploit their weakness (their iron masks).

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By PikminMania

@god_spawn: Psylocke, Elektra, and Echo did it.

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@PikminMania said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@PikminMania said:

@Super_SoldierXII:

1. Fair enough.

3. So?

Even pre-Way's Deadpool had a pretty awesome healing factor though. He gave Cable a hard fight more than once. I don't see what's so offensive about modern DP not able to die. It's his schtick. It's no more offensive than a man who can fly through space and do battle in the heart of the sun ...

Anyways; like I said on the very first page, this fight can go either way. However, personally, I don't see Batman going hard and brutal enough, fast enough, to really put DP down before Wolverine lands that one telling blow to take Deathstroke out of the fight. Nothing anyone's said or shown in the past 8 pages convinces otherwise.

I think 'pressure points' are used way too often to justify a peak human taking out a super. And with his regeneration and overall durability, Deadpool is a super. Just becaue Pyslocke and Elektra pulled it off (momentarily) on Logan (who was distracted in the Elektra case and holding back, even pausing, in the Psylocke instance), doesn't mean Batman will do it to Deadpool for an automatic 'I win'.

If Batman knew about Wade's abilities going into the fight, even without prep, I'd say Bruce would take Wade out before Logan does likewise to Slade. However, without any foreknowledge of Wades regenerative abilities, I don't see Batman applying the kind of pressure and damage right out of the gate he would need to to win.

What makes you think Wolverine would be bale to land the one blow taking out Deathstroke. Deathstroke could still just while in the middle of H2H back up and blast Wolverine flesh and organs off with his bo-staff, which would kill Logan. At the least, they would stalemate each other.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Dear lord. La sigh.

Why?

That's why.

OK. I read Batman #3.

He came prepared.

I read the comic, nothing in dialogue or text implies that he prepped for the Whisper Gang you could assume that since they wore iron mask but highly doubt it since they weren't the first gang on his list go talk to and before pulling out that magnet he was using the environment (a broken cable) to exploit their weakness (their iron masks).

You're kidding right? Reread the book then bro.

First, there is no established timeline as to when he had confronted the first four gangs. And the fact the fifth gang were the more trained and brutal says a lot. Strongly suggesting he didn't need to worry about the first four. The last of the five were the problematic ones that he needed to be prepared for. He knew they wore iron masks and brought along a magnet to deal.

Again, he was there expressly to confront the Whisper Gang. He knew they wore iron masks. Super magnets are not part of his standard gear as he had never heretofore (to my knowledge) used one. Do the math.

1. Batman knew the Whisper Gang controlled the fifth rail line. 2. Batman came to confront said Whisper Gang. 3. Batman entered the fifth rail line prepared for the Whisper Gang.

It was NOT a random encounter. Can't believe how this is so hard to see.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@PikminMania: No they don't did you even listen? Echo's nerve strikes did nothing, his HF took care of it. Elektra put her sais into his body so he couldn't move at the proper locations, as soon as she got out he was right back up. Also Pyslocke's attack only bought her a moment because she kicked him in the freakin skull and knows how to hit, those nerve strikes didn't do what you say they would.And just to add another instance, Shingen's nerve strikes didn't do anything either. For the last time NERVE STRIKES DO NOT WORK ON WOLVERINE. They have an initial affect then his healing factor neutralizes it almost instantly.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By nick_hero22

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Dear lord. La sigh.

Why?

That's why.

OK. I read Batman #3.

He came prepared.

First, there is no established timeline as to when he had confronted the first four gangs. And the fact the fifth gang were the more trained and brutal says a lot. Strongly suggesting he didn't need to worry about the first four. The last of the five were the problematic ones that he needed to be prepared for. He knew they wore iron masks and brought along a magnet to deal.

Again, he was there expressly to confront the Whisper Gang. He knew they wore iron masks. Super magnets are not part of his standard gear as he had never heretofore (to my knowledge) used one. Do the math.

1. Batman knew the Whisper Gang controlled the fifth rail line. 2. Batman came to confront said Whisper Gang. 3. Batman entered the fifth rail line prepared for the Whisper Gang.

Then if they were so problematic why deal with the other four gangs instead of conserve energy and fight the Whisper Gang first. If I had to prep to fight someone I wouldn't wait to fight them last after wasting enegry fighting 4 other gangs and plus Batman was still injuried after his fight with Talon, so Batman wasn't clearly worried about facing them if he chose to fight them last out of all the other groups of gangs. Doesn't matter if they controlled the fifth rail line or not if they were so dangerous why not get them out of the way first. Like I said their nothing in the text to suggest that he had prep of any kind.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PikminMania said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@PikminMania said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@PikminMania said:

@Super_SoldierXII:

1. Fair enough.

3. So?

What makes you think Wolverine would be bale to land the one blow taking out Deathstroke. Deathstroke could still just while in the middle of H2H back up and blast Wolverine flesh and organs off with his bo-staff, which would kill Logan. At the least, they would stalemate each other.

Deathstroke can't kill Logan. Take him out of the fight? Yes. Kill him? No.

And here you go having Batman dodging automatic gunfire as though it's a walk in the park and yet Wolverine will go down to a blast by DS's powerstaff just that easy. Wolverine is also a bullet dodger extraordinaire (when the situation calls for it). He's dodged missiles before too (dodged a rocket launcher fired by Deadpool point blank), he dodges Sentinel's blasts, dodges Cyclop's optic blasts (repeatedly). Logan's enhanced senses also give him an edge in dodging blasts like in the Morlock tunnels for example, where he saved Storms life by sensing Scott's optic blast a split second before it hit ...

In short, Logan dodges heavy artillery because he knows it can put him down (at least temporarily). And he does so consistently. So I'm not overly concerned with DS's powerstaff.

Deathstroke and Wolverine will come down to hand to hand. The OP doesn't have them starting at range and Wolverine's speed will have him up in Slade's face. And unlike Slade hitting Logan, if Wolverine gets ONE punch in on DS's face, Slade goes down.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Dear lord. La sigh.

Why?

That's why.

OK. I read Batman #3.

He came prepared.

Then if they were so problematic why deal with the other four gangs instead of conserve energy and fight the Whisper Gang first. If I had to prep to fight someone I wouldn't wait to fight them last after wasting enegry fighting 4 other gangs and plus Batman was still injuried after his fight with Talon, so Batman wasn't clearly worried about facing them if he chose to fight them last out of all the other groups of gangs. Doesn't matter if they controlled the fifth rail line or not if they were so dangerous why not get them out of the way first. Like I said their nothing in the text to suggest that he had prep of any kind.

Your reasoning as to why he wouldn't confront them first or not makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and is irrelevant to the issue at hand. Trying to respond to it is discouraging so I will not do so.

However, I will leave you with three simple questions;

1) Did Batman purposfully enter the fifth rail line with the express purpose to confront the Whisper Gang? Yes or no?

2) Did Batman know, in advance (as SHOWN in the dialogue) that said gang wore metal masks?

3) Does Batman knowingly enter into a probable fray unprepared??

Now, if the answers to these three questions tell you nothing, then our conversation here is over because you're just being stubborn and probably just a little obstinant as well.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By nick_hero22

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Dear lord. La sigh.

Why?

That's why.

OK. I read Batman #3.

He came prepared.

Your reasoning as to why he wouldn't confront them first or not makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and is irrelevant to the issue at hand. Trying to respond to it is discouraging so I will not do so.

However, I will leave you with three simple questions;

1) Did Batman purposfully enter the fifth rail line with the express purpose to confront the Whisper Gang? Yes or no?

2) Did Batman know, in advance (as SHOWN in the dialogue) that said gang wore metal masks?

3) Does knowingly Batman enter into a probable fray unprepared??

Now, if the answers to these three questions tell you nothing, then our conversation here is over because you're just being stubborn and probably just a little obstinant as well.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. The magnet could of been apart of his standard gear, this Batman has a variety of technology at his disposal so let me guess you must think that Batman installed lie detector into cowl because he knew he was going to use it on the leader of gang huh.

Everything I said was very relevant

If you are dealing with a dangerous enemy you have to prep for why waste energy and fight them last on top of being injuried from a previous fight. If Batman had to prep for them he would have fought them first he didn't so they must weren't that big of a threat.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22:

1. Right.

2. Right. Showing there WAS something in the dialogue evidencing Bruce had foreknowledge that a magnet could come in very handy where he was heading. Key point here. He came prepared.

3. Sigh. Has Batman shown the use of a lie detector in his mask before? Regardless, even if he has and even if he simply does not always wear it, in this particular situation he was searching for answers. He has prepped for such. He was out to interrogate. So it definitely makes sense he would prep for its use and be wearing it then. Does it mean he 'always' wears it? Maybe yes, maybe no.

I'm sure if I worked hard, I could pull out many back issues wherein a lie detector in his mask would have come in extremely handy during a random encounter. Same goes for the magnet though the magnet is more telling.

There is far more to show he had the magnet on his person for this particular encounter because he was PREPARED for a highly probable assault by a brutal, fierce, dangerous and well trained gang who just so happened to wear IRON FREAKEN MASKS. It was, I'm afraid, a prepped for encounter. Case closed. Or are you still suggesting Batman did not come prepared for this encounter???

Under these circumstance, and the fact we've never seen him use one like it before does not make this magnet part of his standard gear.

And, finally, as to the 'why waste energy' line of reasoning. I'll forego my discouragement and explain why it doesn't make sense. Think about it. The assassin used ONE of the five lines, (any one of them could have done it) to gain entry to Wayne tower. Why not start with the easier targets first? Why place yourself in danger right off the getgo when any one of the easier of the five rail lines could just as easily have been the point of entry? Far, far more intelligent and stands far more to reason to save the more dangerous of them for last when confronting them might not be necessary to begin with.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By nick_hero22

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@nick_hero22:

1. Right.

2. Right. Showing there WAS something in the dialogue evidencing Bruce had foreknowledge that a magnet could come in very handy where he was heading. Key point here. He came prepared.

3. Sigh. Has Batman shown the use of a lie detector in his mask before? Regardless, even if he has and even if he simply does not always wear it, in this particular situation he was searching for answers. He has prepped for such. He was out to interrogate. So it definitely makes sense he would prep for its use and be wearing it then. Does it mean he 'always' wears it? Maybe yes, maybe no.

I'm sure if I worked hard, I could pull out many back issues wherein a lie detector in his mask would have come in extremely handy during a random encounter. Same goes for the magnet though the magnet is more telling.

There is far more to show he had the magnet on his person for this particular encounter because he was PREPARED for a highly probable assault by a brutal, fierce, dangerous and well trained gang who just so happened to wear IRON FREAKEN MASKS. It was, I'm afraid, a prepped for encounter. Case closed. Or are you still suggesting Batman did not come prepared for this encounter???

Under these circumstance, and the fact we've never seen him use one like it before does not make this magnet part of his standard gear.

And, finally, as to the 'why waste energy' line of reasoning. I'll forego my discouragement and explain why it doesn't make sense. Think about it. The assassin used ONE of the five lines, (any one of them could have done it) to gain entry to Wayne tower. Why not start with the easier targets first? Why place yourself in danger right off the getgo when any one of the easier of the five rail lines could just as easily have been the point of entry? Far, far more intelligent and stands far more to reason to save the more dangerous of them for last when confronting them might not be necessary to begin with.

Then their was really is no point in prepping because what if the assassin used the first or the third he would have wasted his time prepping in that case.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@nick_hero22:

1. Right.

Then their was really is no point in prepping because what if the assassin used the first or the third he would have wasted his time prepping in that case.

No. If there is a possibility (1 in 5 is very possible) then prepping is NEVER a waste of time for Batman. Even if we assume he had visited every rail line consecutively, there being a one in five chance he would have to face the Whisper Gang would see Bruce comming prepared.

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By thanobomb1124

Team one IMP

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By PikminMania

@god_spawn said:

@PikminMania: No they don't did you even listen? Echo's nerve strikes did nothing, his HF took care of it. Elektra put her sais into his body so he couldn't move at the proper locations, as soon as she got out he was right back up. Also Pyslocke's attack only bought her a moment because she kicked him in the freakin skull and knows how to hit, those nerve strikes didn't do what you say they would.And just to add another instance, Shingen's nerve strikes didn't do anything either. For the last time NERVE STRIKES DO NOT WORK ON WOLVERINE. They have an initial affect then his healing factor neutralizes it almost instantly.

I think Batman could use his batarangs as weapons, that isn't likely though. But after repeatedly hitting Deadpool and Deadpool confessesing about his healing factor (you know he would do it)

, I'd expect Batman to not hold back and do a death strike to Deadpool.@Super_SoldierXII said:

@PikminMania said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@PikminMania said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@PikminMania said:

@Super_SoldierXII:

1. Fair enough.

3. So?

Deathstroke can't kill Logan. Take him out of the fight? Yes. Kill him? No.

And here you go having Batman dodging automatic gunfire as though it's a walk in the park and yet Wolverine will go down to a blast by DS's powerstaff just that easy. Wolverine is also a bullet dodger extraordinaire (when the situation calls for it). He's dodged missiles before too (dodged a rocket launcher fired by Deadpool point blank), he dodges Sentinel's blasts, dodges Cyclop's optic blasts (repeatedly). Logan's enhanced senses also give him an edge in dodging blasts like in the Morlock tunnels for example, where he saved Storms life by sensing Scott's optic blast a split second before it hit ...

In short, Logan dodges heavy artillery because he knows it can put him down (at least temporarily). And he does so consistently. So I'm not overly concerned with DS's powerstaff.

Deathstroke and Wolverine will come down to hand to hand. The OP doesn't have them starting at range and Wolverine's speed will have him up in Slade's face. And unlike Slade hitting Logan, if Wolverine gets ONE punch in on DS's face, Slade goes down.

Well that is what I meant, take him out of the fight.

Good point good sir, but you do remember that Wolverine has morals on too. So one punch wouldn't take down Deathstroke. Also, I am aware that Wolverine can dodge a lot, but Slade dodges stuff from The Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and of course; The Teen Titans. Its practically Slade's schtick that he is extremely hard to hit and a master combatant. I'm not saying it would be an easy fight for Slade, but I think the fact that he sees faster than normal people like Logan should give him the edge. Especially since Wolverine has morals on and Deathstroke doesn't.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

Thanks for clearing that up.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PikminMania: You realize that killing is well within Wolverine's morals right? All he sees in Deathstroke is some unknown super trying to kill him. And Wolverine has no compunctions returning the compliment.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#182  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Super_SoldierXII:

Look the nature/characteristics of the magnets,they're rather small and simple.They can easily qualify as a standard device because the applications and needs are tremendous.What if he encountered this gang in another part of Gotham? as you stated yourself he knows all about them.If this is true(which it is) then it makes sense for him to keep the magnets with him at all times.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By PikminMania

@Super_SoldierXII: He wouldn't start out trying to kill, which would give Deathstroke a massive edge.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PikminMania said:

@Super_SoldierXII: He wouldn't start out trying to kill, which would give Deathstroke a massive edge.

Sure he would. And no it wouldn't.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@PikminMania: Deadpool's healing is based of Wolverine's if a death blow is a nerve strike, it's useless for the intended effect, if it's just a punch a strike then that's all it is.

@Super_SoldierXII: You're welcome.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII:

Look the nature/characteristics of the magnets,they're rather small and simple.They can easily qualify as a standard device because the applications and needs are tremendous.What if he encountered this gang in another part of Gotham? as you stated yourself he knows all about them.If this is true(which it is) then it makes sense for him to keep the magnets with him at all times.

Going to have to disagree with ya there. Unless Batman's got a magical 'bag of holding' stashed in that utility belt of his, don't think his tights have enough pockets for all his goodies that he's ever used to have on him all the time and for every 'possible' encounter. You can believe it. You can buy it. But until Bruce starts using it more than once, and for a prepped battle no less, I don't have to.

And all this aside, Batman magnetically charged the train with this device as it was passing by. The charger is the size of a quarter. How's he going to use it against Wolverine? To what will he attach Logan to? How will he set him up when he's fighting for his life? There will be no train to separate them long enough to save Bruce's arse.

The Whisper Gang's faces were literally glued against the train as it was passing. They had zero room to maneuver - no place to go to escape the charge. Even if he charges it against Wolverine, to what will he charge Logan to that he cannot cut free of? How will he sucker Logan in? What distance does the small magnet work at?

Logan's resisted Magneto's attacks to a significant degree. The little device better be pretty f'n strong. Again, what range does it work at? All important questions still left unanswered.

Pretending Bruce always has this magnet on him, tell me how Batman would even use the device to incapacitate Logan? Too many loopholes for this magical penny to prove effective here. So really, we'll just disagree on this being Bruce's 'get out of jail free card'.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Super_SoldierXII:

Going to have to disagree with ya there. Unless Batman's got a magical 'bag of holding' stashed in that utility belt of his, don't think his tights have enough pockets for all his goodies that he's ever used to have on him all the time and for every 'possible' encounter. You can believe it. You can buy it. But until Bruce starts using it more than once, and for a prepped battle no less, I don't have to.

And all this aside, Batman magnetically charged the train with this device as it was passing by. The charger is the size of a quarter. How's he going to use it against Wolverine? To what will he attach Logan to? How will he set him up when he's fighting for his life? There will be no train to separate them long enough to save Bruce's arse.

The Whisper Gang's faces were literally glued against the train as it was passing. They had zero room to maneuver - no place to go to escape the charge. Even if he charges it against Wolverine, to what will he charge Logan to that he cannot cut free of? How will he sucker Logan in? What distance does the small magnet work at?

Logan's resisted Magneto's attacks to a significant degree. The little device better be pretty f'n strong. Again, what range does it work at? All important questions still left unanswered.

Pretending Bruce always has this magnet on him, tell me how Batman would even use the device to incapacitate Logan? Too many loopholes for this magical penny to prove effective here. So really, we'll just disagree on this being Bruce's 'get out of jail free card'.

Depends on the surroundings admittedly,but i personally consider this to be standard equip.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Well that's just it. The train, their proximity to it and it's passing velocity did a lot to rob the gang of any chance to resist. Call it prep, call it a plot device, but it's the kind of set-up Bruce won't be afforded in a standard match-up. Love the character, but often prep is just another term for plot device with Batman and what he gets away with.

swils94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By swils94

Im going with team dc. Slade would obviously defeat his rip off encounter but I see it coming down to Wolverine vs Batman and Slade. I dont think wolverine could hold two master minds and combatants off for too long. But im pretty sure wolverine would make them struggle.

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By thanobomb1124
@PikminMania

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Wolverine and Deadpool.

I still believe Wolverine, silly jobber aura off, PIS off, could take Deathstroke in a hellish battle. Primary reason? Durability is off the charts. Far above Deathstroke's. Logan also adds up well to Slade's physical stats. I think Slade has shown himself to be more skilled than Wolverine and this is where things get sketchy. He is also the smarter fighter (prep or no). Tough battle, still giving it to Logan due, principally, to staying power.

Deadpool versus Batman is always interesting. Bruce would probably school Wade hand to hand. But damn, how's ge going to make Wade stay down for more than two seconds? Like to say Batman wins (definitely could) but his morals will get in the way. By the time he realizes he can't kill Deadpool, and can thereby take the kid's gloves off, it may just be too late.

So ya, gotta go with team one (for now). But not by much at all.

Logan is no where near DS's skill. His durability may be high, but with a couple good nerve strikes Wolverine would be out of the battle.

Same with Deadpool, Batman can dodge just about everything Deadpool has. All Batman has to do is get close and the fight is over.

I realy dont think batman wants to get to close to DP.
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By PikminMania

@thanobomb1124: Why the hell wouldn't he? You realize he get close to cannibals, man-bats, and The Joker?

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

laurafeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#193  Edited By laurafeg

Definitely Team 1, and I'm not just saying this because Deadpool is one of my favorite comic book characters.

Now this question was a little unclear about if it's Deadpool vs. Deathstroke and Wolverine vs. Batman, or if it's Deadpool vs. Batman and Wolverine vs. Deathstroke.

I'm just going to assume it means Deadpool vs. Deathstroke and Wolverine vs. Batman.

I am positive Deadpool would beat Deathstroke if they were in battle. Deadpool IS smart, he just has a sense of humor. Although Deathstroke and Deadpool are pretty evenly matched, Deadpool's healing abilities are superior to Deathstroke. Deadpool has been incinerated and decapitated several times without dying. The only way that Deathstroke could ever kill Deadpool was if he were to cut him up into bits and spread his body parts all over the globe (like the Iron Giant). Of course, Deathstroke wouldn't be able to get to that point in the first place. SOO many people here keep saying Deathstroke is smarter so he would be able to plan for Deadpool and beat him, but that isn't true. Deadpool is probably the most unpredictable opponent Deathstroke could ever have. Deadpool has DID which makes him wicked unpredictable! I'm sorry to all of you Deathstroke fans, but there is no way he could ever beat Deadpool.

As for Batman and Wolverine, there really is no contest. Batman is just a very buff man with fancy gadgets, while Wolverine is a trained killing machine who is indestructible due to his adamantium skeleton. The fight would be over in a matter of minutes. Wolverine would be victorious.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By entropy_aegis

@laurafeg said:

Definitely Team 1, and I'm not just saying this because Deadpool is one of my favorite comic book characters.

Now this question was a little unclear about if it's Deadpool vs. Deathstroke and Wolverine vs. Batman, or if it's Deadpool vs. Batman and Wolverine vs. Deathstroke.

I'm just going to assume it means Deadpool vs. Deathstroke and Wolverine vs. Batman.

I am positive Deadpool would beat Deathstroke if they were in battle. Deadpool IS smart, he just has a sense of humor. Although Deathstroke and Deadpool are pretty evenly matched, Deadpool's healing abilities are superior to Deathstroke. Deadpool has been incinerated and decapitated several times without dying. The only way that Deathstroke could ever kill Deadpool was if he were to cut him up into bits and spread his body parts all over the globe (like the Iron Giant). Of course, Deathstroke wouldn't be able to get to that point in the first place. SOO many people here keep saying Deathstroke is smarter so he would be able to plan for Deadpool and beat him, but that isn't true. Deadpool is probably the most unpredictable opponent Deathstroke could ever have. Deadpool has DID which makes him wicked unpredictable! I'm sorry to all of you Deathstroke fans, but there is no way he could ever beat Deadpool.

As for Batman and Wolverine, there really is no contest. Batman is just a very buff man with fancy gadgets, while Wolverine is a trained killing machine who is indestructible due to his adamantium skeleton. The fight would be over in a matter of minutes. Wolverine would be victorious.

Deathstroke would finish DP before Logan finishes Bruce.Deathstroke and DP are not evenly matched on any level.DS is smarter,more skilled in everything be it h2h,weapons or as a marksman and he's also physically superior,his weapons are also more powerful.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#195  Edited By Strider1992

Wolverine and Deadpool take this, with standard gear Deadpool could just spray gunfire fire and force the other 2 to take cover so they don't get hit. Wolverine could simply jump in while they are trying not to get shot. The healing factors are the game changers here. If it happens to not go down that way and comes to a H2H its more balanced but I still think Team 1 has to much durability.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@entropy_aegis: EA Would new DS probably beat Logan?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By entropy_aegis

@god_spawn said:

@entropy_aegis: EA Would new DS probably beat Logan?

Let's wait till Deathstroke#6 or 7 to give a proper outcome.

adam_the_great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By adam_the_great

sorry to bring this back after 6 months, but Batman, Deadpool and Wolverine are all in my top five, kinda felt compelled lol.

In this fight, I generally see Wolverine going up against Deathstroke, and Deadpool against Batman.

Between Wolverine and Deathstroke, I gotta give it to Logan. He is just as likely to kill, he has the adamtanium advantage, and a cool ass healing factor. He has regenerated completely from a skeleton, and he has gone toe to toe against some of marvels biggest baddies, he even went up against Hulk during world war hulk, sure he got his ass kicked, but he lasted longer than Iron Man, The Fantastic Four, most of the Avengers and even Dr. Strange.

The fight between Deadpool and Batman is a lot less predictable though. Batman is significantly smarter, not to say that Deadpools stupid. Batman also has the advantage of his utility belt. this being said, I think Deadpool would end up winning, he is just as deadly with guns and explosives as the Punisher, he's equally insane and unpredictable as the Joker, both of which can really give Batman a run for his money. He also has a kickass healing factor. Batman is a better H2H fighter, but not by too, too much. The fight in my opinion, depends entirely on Deadpool taking Batman seriously as a threat, and after several batarangs to the face and a broken jaw, he probably would.

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#199  Edited By GR2Blackout

Wolvie and DP win EASILY. Batman gets his head chopped off by Wolverine, Deathstroke's chest gets slashed by Deadpool.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#200  Edited By TDK_1997

Wolverine and Deadpool.