#1 Edited by laflux (15424 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine (Current)

Bullseye

Rules

Wolverine is current, and is armed with a steel katana.

Bullseye is armed with twin sai's and 50 razors >:D

Bullseye is aware that Logan doesn't have his healing factor.

Logan is aware of Bullseye and his weaponry.

Start at opposite ends of battleground.

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by laflux (15424 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Strider92 (16290 posts) - - Show Bio

BOOM HEADSHOT!

#4 Posted by dondave (36587 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine

#5 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

Bullseye.

#6 Posted by Odinsonnn (308 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't help but feel some spite (forgive me if I'm wrong). But I still got Logan taking this one. Way too experienced/savage/naturally bloodlusted/strong/quick/stealth/berserk/list goes on.

#7 Posted by TheBournePoster (639 posts) - - Show Bio

Bullseye puts a razor through his eye.

#8 Posted by Bossmoss4l (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't Wolverine lost his healing factor? I see Bullseye breaking off a metal pipe and slamming it through Logan's abdomen or skull like Daredevil in that mini series that just ended.

#9 Posted by laflux (15424 posts) - - Show Bio

BOOM HEADSHOT!

But Adamantuim Skeleton

#10 Edited by laflux (15424 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by SheenLantern (6474 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@strider92 said:

BOOM HEADSHOT!

But Adamantuim Skeleton

Bullseye hits him in the jugular.

#12 Posted by laflux (15424 posts) - - Show Bio

Just as a quick mention that Logan still retains his stats and enhanced senses, at least for the stipulations of this thread.

#13 Posted by HyperViper97 (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolvie and bullseye have fought before, it basically just ends up with Logan soaking all the damage and taking him down. Bullseye ftw

#14 Edited by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd imagine Wolverine can dodge anything bullseye throws at him ! Logan has comparable speed to Spider-Man and can close a distance of 20 feet in an "instant" Withoutvhis Healing Factor he's going to use actuall skill to fight and not just "RAAAGGHHHHHH" *snikt* *snikt* "AAAGHH RAHHH" *Slash* "Huh.. Not so tough now huh Bub" lol

#15 Posted by lesterlawton (738 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to dodge what isn't thrown directly at you. In a warehouse loaded with potential projectiles, I can't see Wolverine just absorbing them at the rate that Bullseye is capable of delivering them.

#16 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Wolverine is acting like a mewling babe. That's why.

Wolverine's psychologically damaged and off his game now that he doesn't have his healing factor. He'll be easy pickings. Given time, and if he does bust out the skills and falls back on his enhancements, he may be able to close the distance intact. As things stand, not for a majority win he doesn't.

His combat speed (striking) can keep up with the likes of Spider-Man, true enough. But his avoidance capabilities were never, ever, anywhere near. You need minimum DD level avoidance IMHO to survive multiple Bullseye attacks at range. Logan has evidenced bullet timing maneuverability, but not at the consistent level DD does. I think Bullseye's getting a little lowballed here to assume current Wolvie can take him down in the scenario mapped out herein. Due to the locale, Logan can take a few wins by sneaking up on him, perhaps, but as is, Logan is damaged goods so i wouldn't bank on it.

#17 Posted by SlimJ87D (9690 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Bullseye.

#18 Posted by laflux (15424 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't help but feel some spite (forgive me if I'm wrong). But I still got Logan taking this one. Way too experienced/savage/naturally bloodlusted/strong/quick/stealth/berserk/list goes on.

Only in the sense as a tongue in cheek reference with the razors. I can replace them with throwing stars if you want.

#19 Posted by jashro44 (20845 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine's psychologically damaged and off his game now that he doesn't have his healing factor. He'll be easy pickings. Given time, and if he does bust out the skills and falls back on his enhancements, he may be able to close the distance intact. As things stand, not for a majority win he doesn't.

His combat speed (striking) can keep up with the likes of Spider-Man, true enough. But his avoidance capabilities were never, ever, anywhere near. You need minimum DD level avoidance IMHO to survive multiple Bullseye attacks at range. Logan has evidenced bullet timing maneuverability, but not at the consistent level DD does. I think Bullseye's getting a little lowballed here to assume current Wolvie can take him down in the scenario mapped out herein. Due to the locale, Logan can take a few wins by sneaking up on him, perhaps, but as is, Logan is damaged goods so i wouldn't bank on it.

I think wolverine acting that way is just the way Cornell writes him. I don't think he is psychologically screwed up. Only thing I can really think of is his fear of shaving but I don't think that will affect him to much in a fight bullseye. Also Bullseye has some CIS too. He does tend to toy around with people and I can really see him doing that to wolverine, especially since he knows wolverine is without his healing factor. He probably wont go for a kill shot right away.

I do agree with you about wolverines avoidance not quite being as good as daredevils. I also agree stealth is probably wolverines best chance. I don't know if wolverine wins but I think its close in this setup.

#20 Posted by New_World_Order (13050 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine

#21 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by SHAZAM117 (2868 posts) - - Show Bio

With these rules, stips and location I gotta give the majority to Bullsey.

With the razors and no healing factor Logan will just bleed out, not to mention all the other objects Bullseye can use as weapons.

Bullseye 7/10 wins

#23 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@super_soldierxii said:

I think wolverine acting that way is just the way Cornell writes him. I don't think he is psychologically screwed up. Only thing I can really think of is his fear of shaving but I don't think that will affect him to much in a fight bullseye. Also Bullseye has some CIS too. He does tend to toy around with people and I can really see him doing that to wolverine, especially since he knows wolverine is without his healing factor. He probably wont go for a kill shot right away.

I do agree with you about wolverines avoidance not quite being as good as daredevils. I also agree stealth is probably wolverines best chance. I don't know if wolverine wins but I think its close in this setup.

Sure. Unfortunately, the way a writer portrays a character in their main title has an adverse effect on said character when 'current' versions are in play. And Cornell's Wolverine is not dealing well sans healing factor. At all. Which is why I claim he's psychologically compromised and consequently why Bullseye, a bloke I would normally consider Wolverine cannon fodder, has a huge advantage and should probably enjoy a majority herein.

#24 Posted by jashro44 (20845 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@super_soldierxii said:

Sure. Unfortunately, the way a writer portrays a character in their main title has an adverse effect on said character when 'current' versions are in play. And Cornell's Wolverine is not dealing well sans healing factor. At all. Which is why I claim he's psychologically compromised and consequently why Bullseye, a bloke I would normally consider Wolverine cannon fodder, has a huge advantage and should probably enjoy a majority herein.

He hasn't really been in any fights though since he lost his healing factor. And wolverine is in about 6 different books as well so I don't think we should assume his personality is the way Cornell is writing him.

#25 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@super_soldierxii said:

@jashro44 said:

@super_soldierxii said:

He hasn't really been in any fights though since he lost his healing factor. And wolverine is in about 6 different books as well so I don't think we should assume his personality is the way Cornell is writing him.

Apparently, the story will permeate into Wolverine's other titles / showings. For now, Cornell is the one on the front lines portraying how Logan is coping with losing his healing factor. And he ain't handling it so well. Until we see more of healing factor-less Wolverine, we can only go on what we have on hand. And that starts and stops with Cornell (unfortunately). Maybe this debate can be reopened in a few more months ...

#26 Posted by jashro44 (20845 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by laflux (15424 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna give it to Bullseye on this one. Bullseye has landed projectile hits on Spiderman, so I don't think Wolverine is going to be dodging them. Yeah, Logan's the better martial artist, but all Bullseye has to do is keep himself a good distance away and use everything that he can find as a weapon and then eventually, he'll critically wound Logan.

#29 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12036 posts) - - Show Bio

he's gonna get one right through the eye ......

#30 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd imagine Wolverine can dodge anything bullseye throws at him ! Logan has comparable speed to Spider-Man and can close a distance of 20 feet in an "instant" Withoutvhis Healing Factor he's going to use actuall skill to fight and not just "RAAAGGHHHHHH" *snikt* *snikt* "AAAGHH RAHHH" *Slash* "Huh.. Not so tough now huh Bub" lol

I feel the same. Given his "on paper" stats and abilities, he should be able to. But we'll have to wait and see. Too much inconsistent usage of the character to state so for now. Bullseye is no joke though either way.