Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By OreoAssassin
Wolverine (Pre-Cornell) and Punisher vs Deathstroke (Pre-52) and Cassandra (Pre-52/New-52)
Wolverine (Pre-Cornell) and Punisher vs Deathstroke (Pre-52) and Cassandra (Pre-52/New-52)

Rules:

• Morals On
  • Standard Gear
  • Random Encounter
  • Win by Incap, KO or Death
  • Who Wins and Why?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Team 2.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Putting Logan against street levelers is pretty pointless these days

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

comicninjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

logan ends up killing them seeing how punisher doesn't mind getting hurt to get you trapped or cought in a situation where you are vulnerable. punisher would not hesitate to put himself in danger if it meant logan could kill both of them and neither DS and Cassandra have that trait. punisher just throws all the explosives on the roof knowing logan will recover before either off his opponents and get the kill or some other reckless strategy off the bat because he has no morals when it comes to what he will do to win this fight. plus the fight is in nyc logan and PUN know the terrain and logan is literally tracking device able to sense the opponents at all times. this is a not competitive base on the style match up. like the old saying says in boxing styles make fights. a reckless maniac and damage soaking killer vs some martial artist with some speed is a mismatch. the speed wont help with a reckless maniac who doent give a F4(k about hurting himself to get to you and a damage soaking killer who can take it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I love Frank, and I do, he can not beat either of team 2.

Logan is good but he can not take both, which he will have to when Frank drops.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with team DC. Wolverine is obviously the MVP but he isn't soloing. Cass is a terrible fight for punisher, she's dodged shots from David Cain and deathstroke, has move reading to easily anticipate Franks aim, and dodges bullets after they are fired. Deathstroke has dodged shots from deadshot, his armor is pretty durable, and all though I view Frank as a better marksman than Slade in terms of pure accuracy the difference isn't huge. Obviously Frank loses up close.

Basically I think no matter who Frank faces he is in a bad matchup. Unless he is given some serious tech. Logan will be overwhelmed by Cass and Slade.

Avatar image for therevanchistreturns
TheRevanchistReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade beats Punisher

Wolvie gets double teamed.

DC 8/10

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Frisky4
BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BarelyAverage

Comic ninja has this down right. If this was strictly h2h then team dc takes this. With gear team marvel wins. Castle can lob a grenade at whoever Logan is fighting. Logan grabs, let's say Cain, and they both get blown up. Logan recovers and they double team DS.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@jashro44 said:

I'm going with team DC. Wolverine is obviously the MVP but he isn't soloing. Cass is a terrible fight for punisher, she's dodged shots from David Cain and deathstroke, has move reading to easily anticipate Franks aim, and dodges bullets after they are fired. Deathstroke has dodged shots from deadshot, his armor is pretty durable, and all though I view Frank as a better marksman than Slade in terms of pure accuracy the difference isn't huge. Obviously Frank loses up close.

Basically I think no matter who Frank faces he is in a bad matchup. Unless he is given some serious tech. Logan will be overwhelmed by Cass and Slade.

I'm kind of thinking this at the moment, but I could also see Wolverine being able to carry some wins.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By mickey-mouse

Team 2, Punisher is the weak link. 6/10

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ZhuRong

I guess Team 2 ftw

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think team2 with Deathstroke as MVP

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have said Logan outlasts them. I guess I could see Team 2 winning.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Jash I want to congratulate you on the 25, 475th well thought out post that you consistently put up!

I also agree with this assessment.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Jash I want to congratulate you on the 25, 475th well thought out post that you consistently put up!

I also agree with this assessment.

Holy crap I feel old o_0

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Team 2 take the majority.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ParagonNate

Wolverine can't carry his team, not against two of the top street levelers in DC at the same time. Team 2 takes this.

devinwifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By devinwifi

Wolverine can't carry his team, not against two of the top street levelers in DC at the same time. Team 2 takes this.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine solos after a hellish battle of attrition.

Adamantium is unbreakable, promethium/nth metal is nearly unbreakable.

Wolverines ligaments and joints are also unbreakable, so he cannot be decapitated, even by adamantium weapons.

Wolverine can survive punches that send him miles and get up without being knocked out.

The fight boy way for a possible win Is to incapacitate him with something like webbing, which neither of team DC are packing.

The fighting will go on for a long time, but Wolverine will win in the end.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22  Edited By Pokeysteve

I agree with the majority. Frank is a weak link. When he goes down to whomever, Logan gets double teamed.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jashro44

@senglord said:

Wolverine solos after a hellish battle of attrition.

Adamantium is unbreakable, promethium/nth metal is nearly unbreakable.

Wolverines ligaments and joints are also unbreakable, so he cannot be decapitated, even by adamantium weapons.

Wolverine can survive punches that send him miles and get up without being knocked out.

The fight boy way for a possible win Is to incapacitate him with something like webbing, which neither of team DC are packing.

The fighting will go on for a long time, but Wolverine will win in the end.

A lot of what you said is true I disagree with the bold and underlined. Its possible wolverines healing factor can be taxed, it just takes a lot of damage to put wolverine at his limits. I think Slade has the right tools. His blast staff for example can destroy helicopters, so repeated blasts of that can put Logan down. Logan will close the gap eventually but Slade has the stats and skill to hand in a melee with his sword. All though adamantium will break promethium eventually it will take a few slashes. Normally I would say Logan can last long enough to disarm Slade in melee which is there things go downhill but Slade has Cass here running interference. All though I can't see Cass beating wolverine on her own at all, I can see her giving him problems. People like nightwing, batman, and deathstroke have had some issues tagging her, so I think Logan could have some issues as well.

Now Logan would beat both one at a time, but they both could give him difficulty. Cass can distract Logan and dodge him and lure wolverines attention on her, which will give Slade the openings he needs. If Slade feels he is being to hard pressed Cass can give him some breathing room. And Slade does have the tools to put Logan down.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan solos

comicninjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: @speedster101: @eisenfauste: @jashro44: @saint_sophie: @devinwifi: @pokeysteve: @jashro44:

to all of you this is not a fist fight and punisher has his usual explosives a guns. and with morals on franks morals dictate that he is willing to destroy anything and everyone around including himself for the win I don't see what cass or DS will do if either is fighting logan and grenades are being lobbed in all directions without care. frank knows logan can take it and heal quickly to kill the others whats to stop him from starting the fight by throwing multiple frags smoke and incendiary grenades while firing machine guns. while the others are busy dodging all that logan would just walk right through the barrage and kill them. again this is not a hand to hand fight it seems everyone in CV automatically assume its h2h when the op states various factors which affect the encounter 1 its in new York not gotham, logan and frank have the advantage. 2 morals on which means logan and frank have none. its not a mma fight or karate tournament there are explosives and guns involved and a guy who would blow his limbs off to get the win in frank castle and a damage soaker who complement his style in wolverine.

Aatroxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

Aatroxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Aatroxxx

I thought it was composite Slade but its pre 52 Slade so he lacks the damage soak due to no NTH and no strength upgrade over team 1.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

The fact that this is a random encounter will help Wolverine in the fact that his healing factor's level will have to be discovered manually but it also makes things harder for Punisher, he often knows who he's fighting when he faces stronger opponents but that isn't the case here. It's because of this that Frank goes down pretty quickly and whoever is fighting him can join their team mate. Cass's body reading combined with Slade's tactical mind should be able to work out Logan's powers and take him out via damage to a weaker spot. Wolverine could get some wins if either Deathstroke or Batgirl have been injured by the previous fight.

Overall, team 2 can get a 7/10 majority imo.

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What Jash said.