Wolverine and Gambit vs Luke Cage and Iron Fist

AzorAhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Both teams are bloodlusted. Fight takes place Liberty Island.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Heroes for Hire for the win.

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ddecourt

Heroes for Hire, one of the greatest tag teams in Marvel.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-men. Wolverine is a horrible fight for Luke cage. Also if gambit can charge cages body he will explode. Someone would need to fact check me if gambit has issues charging durable substances.

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

X-men. Wolverine is a horrible fight for Luke cage. Also if gambit can charge cages body he will explode. Someone would need to fact check me if gambit has issues charging durable substances.

According to his handbook entry, Gambit can only charge up inorganic material. So, it's a no-go for charging up Cage to blow.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwrathborne: that handbook entry must be outdated. Because gambit has charged organic matter. I'm at my iPhone now and I will be on vacation for 3 days so I won't be able to respond for a bit, but when I get back I will get scans. Off the top of my head he blew up dakens arm and some lizard. There is a 3rd instance as well iirc.

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Luke Cage and Iron Fist. They can take care of Gambit but I don't think they can kill Wolverine. However, the OP just says bloodlusted and not win by death only so they still win.

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@dwrathborne: that handbook entry must be outdated. Because gambit has charged organic matter. I'm at my iPhone now and I will be on vacation for 3 days so I won't be able to respond for a bit, but when I get back I will get scans. Off the top of my head he blew up dakens arm and some lizard. There is a 3rd instance as well iirc.

Well, it's the collected 2008 volumes (still working on getting them all), but they haven't published any more than the occasional supplement since then to my knowledge. But I wouldn't be surprised if the instances you mention were simply writers ignoring character limitations. It wouldn't be the first time, and won't be the last I'm sure.

But then a cross check with the Marvel Database doesn't mention the above limitation, so it's possible he's overcome it in the interim. It does mention that the larger the object, the more time it requires to charge it, and Gambit must maintain contact with what he's charging. I would think laying hands on Luke Cage long enough to charge him up to detonate would not be in Gambit's best interest.

AzorAhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayaaerow: Main reason why I didn't put a fight to the death. But if I remember correctly, Gambit's powers are similar to that of Iron Fist's but better. Gambit's are more suited for long range but IF still has his chi blasts to answer to that. Iron Fist may also be fast but Gambit is no joke either. IMO, I think whoever goes down between Wolvie and Cage first will determine the fight, but I'm pretty sure the X Men will take 6/10 times.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By laflux

@jashro44 said:

This. I feel that Logan/@gambler can hang with Iron Fist (its pretty much 50/50 with Logan and Iron Fist) for long enough that any one of them could dispatch Lucas.

Juggy313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

H4H pwns....

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dondave

X-Men

tasky82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fight starts off in IF and Cage's favor but ends up in favor of Gambit and Wolverine due to Wolvie's healing factor being able to buy enough time to stretch this fight in their favor. I don't see gambit getting tired as the fight goes on either. He's deadly when he's not taking a fight seriously and that much more deadly when he is. The other team would have to worry about keeping their eyes open on both opponents (Gambit's agility flipping back and forth and being able to charge them both with a simple touch or wolverine's claws gutting one of them). The fight was over before it began.

(After Sage jump started his powers he is again able to heal himself—and is also able again to charge living things with energy)