With P.I.S off can Hulk beat enemy superspeed, power, flight?

Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hoboseid

We seem to view things very differently in battle forums than writers in comics. In comics Hulk can beat Gladiator, Sentry and go a few rounds with Superman in crossovers. It's generally accepted in vine battles the reson for these wins is Plot Induced Stupidity or CIS

So under vine rules would Hulk have a chance against anyone with speed, strength, powers and super flight?

If So? Who does he beat?

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By castleking

Ms. Marvel
Superboy

lvl100gastly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lvl100gastly

if they fight smartly i wouldnt think he would, but most flying or very fast people he fights seem to still want to trade shots with him like a brawler. (like sentry and sometimes thor)

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By castleking
Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cypher's Gambit

With PIS/CIS off Hulk can beat any up to the cosmics EXCEPT Magical Powers.

Or  a Magneto.
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By whacknasty
@Shadowglenn said:
" if they fight smartly i wouldnt think he would, but most flying or very fast people he fights seem to still want to trade shots with him like a brawler. (like sentry and sometimes thor) "

I think in addition to this is the way that Writers use the Hulk's growing rage as a base for augmenting his overall stats...sort of in a Doomsday evolution type way.  Not saying it is always canonical, but I've seen scans of Hulk seemingly getting faster with his rage right along with his strength/durability rising... I believe I saw a scan of him adapting to breathing underwater as well...lol.  I don't know if that reads the way I was thinking it...

With pis/cis/writer's love off I think he would only really win consistently against brick brawlers who dont fly or fly slowly...lol.  Why would I stand and throw punches with a behemoth who looks like he could smash me with a thought when I can simply use range...
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By cascadeking09

It depends on what level they're on in each category. If they're are as strong or stronger than him and if they are faster than he is at the same time then no, the powers by themselves aren't what makes Hulk lose to those types of characters.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By slimj87d
@Hoboseid said:
"

We seem to view things very differently in battle forums than writers in comics. In comics Hulk can beat Gladiator, Sentry and go a few rounds with Superman in crossovers. It's generally accepted in vine battles the reson for these wins is Plot Induced Stupidity or CIS

So under vine rules would Hulk have a chance against anyone with speed, strength, powers and super flight?

If So? Who does he beat?

"

Scientifically, for Hulk to do half the feats he does requires him to actually move at Super Speed.

Him punching a boulder (that is far in excess of his size) and making it explode would not happen unless if he struck it at a incredible fast speed to induce a large force on it. This speed sure isn't shown or explained, but Hulk can scientifically move at incredible speeds according to feats alone.

But these are comic books where science hardly plays a role. 
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@castleking said:
"
No Caption Provided
  invincible "
Hm, maybe not the current, bloodlusted one.
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Outside_85

Depends on the version of the Hulk, classic Hulk wouldnt. WWH would soak up the damage before working out the pattern before attempting anything, that version would be able to take on most people.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By karrob
@Outside_85 said:
" Depends on the version of the Hulk, classic Hulk wouldnt. WWH would soak up the damage before working out the pattern before attempting anything, that version would be able to take on most people. "
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By slimj87d

When I think about it/ It's not PIS that the Hulk tags semi speedsters or fast people. I actually consider a feat for reasons I stated above. 

departed402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By departed402

There are some characters that have poor flight abilities, or are called speedsters but aren't that fast that Hulk can beat. However, most of the time he can't beat the likes of a fast speedster or a flyer with ranged attacks without the aid of PIS and CIS.

It only takes one or two people on this site to say something like "Hulk hitting Storm with a rock while he's being slung around inside of a tornado IS NOT PIS" to drive other people absolutely crazy.

Zaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zaiyan

Superboy maybe, Terrax, Super Skrull maybe or a rookie Lantern

Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Malonius

You still have to be pretty frickin powerful to KO the Hulk so even flyers and speedsters fast enough to avoid his attacks still might not be able to actually beat him. A flyer has to be strong enough to pick him up and fast enough to throw him out of the battle before Hulk gets a hold of them. Superman and all his many clones should have no prob doing this. Green Lanterns and Thor should be able to do this no prob. I would think someone with decent telekinetics should be able to pick him up and throw him out of a battle. Once he's off the ground he can clap his hands together real harder or maybe spit a giant deadly loogie at his attacker, but if they can evade or survive that than they should be able to carry him around indefinitely.

This also comes down to how motivated is the Hulk to get you or what you're defending. Someone might have enough telekinetics to BFR him, but no way to really beat him. I'd say it would take a planet buster to really defeat or kill him if all PIS and CIS and writer love was turned off.

He should be able to beat flyers at the Ms. Marvel level. I don't think Iron Man is fast enough to get him BFR'd before Hulk got a hold of him.

Zaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zaiyan

I think his wins in WWH were PIS

MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MutenRoshi
@castleking said:
Ms. Marvel
Superboy
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By termiteone4ever
@MutenRoshi said:
@castleking said:
Ms. Marvel
Superboy
Miss Marvel yes
 Superboy i dont think so . Superboy speed it up to Par and his strength and durability is high
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Hulk shouldn't be able to beat any light speeder.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pooty
@JediXMan: which light speeder has he beat?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@pooty said:
I'm just saying.
flamingmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By flamingmuffin

man i'd love to see more hulk fights against super-speed, power, and flight ppl without PIS

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By spiderbuck1

he should be one shotting puny speedsters.  qft.

MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MutenRoshi

Hulk kinda has a good ranged attack with the whole Thunderclap move

MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MutenRoshi
@pooty said:
He beat the hell out of Gladiator, but he's known as a jobber anyway
DangerousLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DangerousLoki

I can't help but want to use this chance to point out... if it wasn't for PIS/CIS/WIS Superman would be dead and gone, about three million times over. I see alot of people talking about PIS.. but I notice something

In debates about Doom it's always brought up how he stole the Beyonder's power.. but if it had been anyone but Doom, the first time someone mentions it, someone else in the debate would call it PIS.

Superman tanks his two biggest weaknesses and goes onto beat Superboy Prime whose apparently SuperSuperboy and I've yet to hear anyone call that Bull exactly what it is. Not that it hasn't happen only that it doesn't happen near often enough.

Meanwhile I see people calling Batman PIS when half the things he does he spends half the comic book working towards a plan and executing it.

As for hulk... he is pure muscle.. people translate that into physical strenght. But you also have to conside. Your motion is controlled by muscles. If you look at the mass of Hulk, he doesn't have the body builder physigue. His muscles are all very even and dispersed. THis means that the muscles that grant motion are also enhanced as well as all of his other muscles. Meaning that he should be able to move at great speeds within a limited range. You also have to consider alot of his connecting is probably unexpected, being fast doesn't mean you can't be taken by suprise. If they're expecting to be faster than him, they're going to be suprised when his hand strikes out at 60 mph or whatever speed, cause they're expecting him to lumber at him. Which is why WOlverine and Spidey who have agility and speed (Something most speedsters don't posesses is agility I notice) he has such difficulty tagging them.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By czarny_samael666

@JediXMan said:

Agree.

@MutenRoshi said:
Hulk kinda has a good ranged attack with the whole Thunderclap move

Thunderclap is much slower than light. As is Hulk when he makes it. For person who see it, it is as slow as turtle's moves for us. It would never suprise us, as Hulk wouldn't be able to suprise them. Against Storm or Ms. MArvel - ok. But against Surfer,Thor or even ones like Iron Man and Wonder Man it is too slow.
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pooty
@MutenRoshi: Well Gladiator knows he is faster than Hulk. So there is nothing to prove there. Beating the Hulk in a fist fight would boost his already huge confidence. Gladiator is a warrior. Warriors like contact and challenges.
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By blackadam

no
HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By HellionVulcan

what speed/strength level are we talking about light speed with equal strength to hulk then hulk shouldn't stand a chance ,its just stupid but a slow speeder 100km to 300km with maybe 20 to 70 tons strength i'd say up for debate . .

Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Susanoo

Hulk has defeated Thor, Gladiator, and Sentry. With pis, Captain America defeated Doom with Pre-Retcon Beyonders powers. With pis, Deathstroke defeated a team composing of Flash, Kyle Rayner, Hawkman, Black Canary, Elastic Man, and Green Arrow. With pis, World War Hulk defeated Strange, Sentry, and was giving OF Thor a fight in a what if.
MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MutenRoshi

Gladiator should look for a rematch or forever be retired from Marvel comics

Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hoboseid

He beat Surfer in planet Hulk

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Hoboseid said:
He beat Surfer in planet Hulk
Controlled and de-powered Surfer. And in one-on-one Surfer was still going to crush him. Even when Korg and others helped him, Hulk had problems and won only because he broke Surfer's disk. Surfer stopped fighting, but Hulk didn't. 

I wouldn't call it PIS.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Killemall
@SlimJ87D said:

Scientifically, for Hulk to do half the feats he does requires him to actually move at Super Speed.

Him punching a boulder (that is far in excess of his size) and making it explode would not happen unless if he struck it at a incredible fast speed to induce a large force on it. This speed sure isn't shown or explained, but Hulk can scientifically move at incredible speeds according to feats alone.

But these are comic books where science hardly plays a role. 
QFT (though i am personally a law student who almost failed physics in highschool, this kinda makes sense)
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Killemall
@Hoboseid: well he technically knocked him on the ground, he didn't have scracthes on his body (if that is even possible), or changed his color the way he did when he got PSI bolt from Runner and stated he might be dying. so technically its not a win, plus surfer was devoid of this cosmic energy, he was fighting with his board as a shield :)
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Outside_85

In a way it could be said that Hulk has a degree of supers speed of his own, but unlike say Flash or Quicksilver, all of his speed is rooted in his physical strength, one that's actually so great that it counters his own size and weight. It may be a bit off-topic but Ang Lee's Hulk was moving pretty fast when he was gearing up for the jumping across the desert scenes. Also, as far as i am aware, there isn't any instances where someone speed-blitzes him, like Thor might have done in their earlier encounters.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By gravitypress

Hulk wins due to the money making machine at Marvel. Now that other characters are getting more press this might change. Thunderclap would be ineffective to someone of great strength. Hulks victories against anyone tougher than Abomination are PIS fanservices. While he might be Marvels premere strongman others have way more power. Strength alone rarely wins fights.

Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Aqua11500

LOL Regular Hulk? 

Storm took him down by fucking his synapses up. 

Cable took him down with some TP blast. 

and that scan of him using a Thunderclap on Storm and team,she cancelled it out with her own Thunderclap..  

Namor has traded blows with Hulk,correct? 
Didn't Namor beat him? 

Thor 
Supes 
Sentry 
WW 
Binary 
Namor 
well alot of people can beat him

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By slimj87d
@Killemall said:
@Hoboseid: well he technically knocked him on the ground, he didn't have scracthes on his body (if that is even possible), or changed his color the way he did when he got PSI bolt from Runner and stated he might be dying. so technically its not a win, plus surfer was devoid of this cosmic energy, he was fighting with his board as a shield :)
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/speed-vs-strength-common-misconceptions/608680/
Warcry80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Warcry80

I was actually trying to find a way to pose a Question similar to this one without it getting locked. I was gonna ask, that without PIS can Piccolo from DBZ actually put down the Hulk? I didn't want it to be a battle but more of a discussion about characters based purely on Strength vs a Character from another genra, that uses a mixture of Super Strength,speed, and energy to fight battles. 

It seems that PIS is used alot for Hulk, basically saying that the more strength you have, you can pretty much overcome any number of Superpowers, which simply isn't true. Look at Thor and Odin, while Thor is physically stronger than Odin, Odin would epically crush him in a fight.  

Or Genis Veil, while he is only class 70 in strength he has the power to annihilate the Thing whos far stronger physically. 

I was thinking that alot of these battles that actually envolve Hulk vs alot of characters, even anime, he's given the fight easily simply due to the large amount of PIS thats written into his stories, which quickly envokes his reders to say he automatically wins the fight. This goes for several other fights as well, People feel as though simply because fighter A is physically stronger, they easily beats fighter B, who is more powerful in other ways.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superboy 
Ms. Marvel 
Super Skrull 
Terrax
Classic Iron Man 
Wonder girl 
Invincible 
Maybe a Rookie Lantern.

MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MutenRoshi

even Spidey can give Hulk trouble 

Hulk is too slow

Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hoboseid

@gravitypress said:

Hulk wins due to the money making machine at Marvel. Now that other characters are getting more press this might change. Thunderclap would be ineffective to someone of great strength. Hulks victories against anyone tougher than Abomination are PIS fanservices. While he might be Marvels premere strongman others have way more power. Strength alone rarely wins fights.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TifaLockhart

It would depend on how fast his opponent is, but I think the idea of him being fast enough to threaten Superman or Silver Surfer is absurd and PIS.

That said, I personally don't like to use PIS as an excuse.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Outside_85

Fliers who don't have tremendous ranged powers (those who can bring the Hulk down) dont have any other choice than to go hand to hand with him or flee. Same goes for superspeedsters, they have to knock him out fast before his rage rises and he eventually develops the perception and reflexes to deal with them (I might be going out on a limb on that, but I remember other people mentioning him growing gills at one point). Or in the case of WWH, thinks of an alternative.

Joesoef95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Joesoef95

With PIS anyone can beat anyone XD

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mortein

It would be nearly impossible to touch someone who is more then 100 times faster then you are, hell it would be extremly hard to touch someone who is 10 times faster then you are.

Now when I say faster, I don't mean just movement speed, I also mean reaction time speed, thinking speed, moving speed, punching speed ect.

So no, Hulk shouldn't be able to hit or grab real FTL characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Hulk doesn't beat light-speeders who will use their speed.

rico_3088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By rico_3088
@JediXMan said:

I agree but he should beat like quick silver level people. also superboy should get murdered by the hulk