Setting-

-Genosha.

-500 feet apart.

-No bystanders.

-Afternoon.

Gear-

-Standard. 

Restrictions- 
-Witchfire cant use her time manipulation.

(please use logic & reasoning)

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Phylos

considering the month prep, i think ill give this one to witchfire. although, storm will take her for quite the ride in my opinion.
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Outside_85

Would say Storm, she has ties to the magical elements, possibly she could cook up some kind of anti-magic thingamahoot.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By pixelized

@Outside_85 said:

Would say Storm, she has ties to the magical elements, possibly she could cook up some kind of anti-magic thingamahoot.

That seems a tiny bit farfetched.

I honestly don't know much about Witchfire other than what I read in Infernus, based on that I'd back Ororo.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Outside_85
@pixelized
I wouldnt say it was, since one of Storm's nicknames is Weather Witch also, her mothers family is a line of sorceress'. She might not be in the contest for the Sorcerer Surpreme title, but she does have ties.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Phylos: Not sure who wins here either. This is a lot of prep for both but I am not clear on what Witchfire can do. I have seen what she could do in Infernus, and based on that showing , Storm could win. But looking at her CV page and a couple of other sites, there even more powerful versions of Witchfire than what I saw in Infernus (i.e. - matter manipulation as an added power), and that could make the battle completely unfair in Witchfire's favor. Is this Witchfire at the 'Infernus' level or her most powerful form?

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Phylos
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Phylos: Not sure who wins here either. This is a lot of prep for both but I am not clear on what Witchfire can do. I have seen what she could do in Infernus, and based on that showing , Storm could win. But looking at her CV page and a couple of other sites, there even more powerful versions of Witchfire than what I saw in Infernus (i.e. - matter manipulation as an added power), and that could make the battle completely unfair in Witchfire's favor. Is this Witchfire at the 'Infernus' level or her most powerful form?

her powerful form, which would be when she transformed into a demon.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pixelized
@Outside_85 said:

@pixelized: I wouldnt say it was, since one of Storm's nicknames is Weather Witch also, her mothers family is a line of sorceress'. She might not be in the contest for the Sorcerer Surpreme title, but she does have ties.

I know her lineage, Ashake was the magic user on her mother's side. "Weather Witch" is more to do with mutant abilities as Emma Frost has been called a mind witch. Storm hasn't once sat down and conjured anything that wasn't weather related, so for her to sit of her cauldron and brew up something was what I was calling "farfetched."
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Outside_85
@pixelized
fair enough, but I wasnt thinking she would do that, she could have contacts in magical circles...alternatively she could ask Bast for a boon, if the big kitty is alive and in a good mood.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Phylos: Thanks. Then I am kind of leaning toward Witchfire then. I still think that giving Withcifre her most powerful form and associated magical abilities (even minus the time manipulation) is still making her far too powerful for Storm to take on 1-on-1. Storm is a skilled tactician and strategist and I can see her taking advantage of the prep if she knows what she is going up against. If she were to go the same route as her husband did in preparation for his battle with Doom in 'Doomwar', which was to make himself highly resistant to magic, or somehow access the potent magic of her own family's bloodline, she may be able to survive here but that is too speculative. 

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Phylos
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
@Phylos: Thanks. Then I am kind of leaning toward Witchfire then. I still think that giving Withcifre her most powerful form and associated magical abilities (even minus the time manipulation) is still making her far too powerful for Storm to take on 1-on-1. Storm is a skilled tactician and strategist and I can see her taking advantage of the prep if she knows what she is going up against. If she were to go the same route as her husband did in preparation for his battle with Doom in 'Doomwar', which was to make himself highly resistant to magic, or somehow access the potent magic of her own family's bloodline, she may be able to survive here but that is too speculative.  

the only reason i stripped her of her time manipulation is because i would like the fight to be fair & not complete overkill. hasnt storm faced off more powerful opponents? i dont quite follow the comics, i just go by what is written here on comic vine, so id have to be filled in by others. even though i'am leaning to witchfire in this, i still believe storm wouldnt go down as easily. 
Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Belladonna
@pixelized said:
@Outside_85 said:

@pixelized: I wouldnt say it was, since one of Storm's nicknames is Weather Witch also, her mothers family is a line of sorceress'. She might not be in the contest for the Sorcerer Surpreme title, but she does have ties.

I know her lineage, Ashake was the magic user on her mother's side. "Weather Witch" is more to do with mutant abilities as Emma Frost has been called a mind witch. Storm hasn't once sat down and conjured anything that wasn't weather related, so for her to sit of her cauldron and brew up something was what I was calling "farfetched."
almost every telepath or so is called mind-witch by their opponent. lol 
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Roddy010
@pixelized: Storm did show some of her magical potential when her and Kitty traveled to a universe where her powers had wined in the furture so she turned to her socceress heritage...She battle Belasco and Storm(616) conjured a protection sphere via magic.... 

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
Agreed Ororo has absolutely no defense against matter manipulation...The only problem I am seeing is how fast is Witchfire when it comes to her powers...are they brought on by thought or does she chant?
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Phylos said:
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
the only reason i stripped her of her time manipulation is because i would like the fight to be fair & not complete overkill. hasnt storm faced off more powerful opponents? i dont quite follow the comics, i just go by what is written here on comic vine, so id have to be filled in by others. even though i'am leaning to witchfire in this, i still believe storm wouldnt go down as easily. 

It's hard to say. I can't really measure Witchfire by the opponents Storm has fought in the past, because Witchfire, at least this demon form, does not have too many comic appearances, so it is hard to gauge or compare her power level. With the powers on her wiki-page, and a couple other wiki sites I checked, I think she may be too powerful for Storm 1-on-1. But then again these are fan written wiki-pages and could be wrong.
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Phylos
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
@Phylos said:
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
It's hard to say. I can't really measure Witchfire by the opponents Storm has fought in the past, because Witchfire, at least this demon form, does not have too many comic appearances, so it is hard to gauge or compare her power level. With the powers on her wiki-page, and a couple other wiki sites I checked, I think she may be too powerful for Storm 1-on-1. But then again these are fan written wiki-pages and could be wrong.
im thinking that maybe i should have did this in rounds lol. first round being normal witchfire with morals on & storm with morals on. round two being demon witchfire with morals off & storm with morals off, or however id mix it up. granted though, witchfire has this current battle. magic/hellfire assaults on storm.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Roddy010
@THUNDERBOLT30: Very true...I've never read anything by her but she does seem like a very interesting character...Too bad she hasn't had many apearrances in her "demon form" and you're right it does make it hard to measure out her power...
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Phylos

so witchfire dominates then.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pixelized
@Roddy010 said:

@pixelized: Storm did show some of her magical potential when her and Kitty traveled to a universe where her powers had wined in the furture so she turned to her socceress heritage...She battle Belasco and Storm(616) conjured a protection sphere via magic.... 

Are you talking about the Storm from the 80's Magik mini? As that wasn't 616 Storm.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Roddy010
@pixelized said:
@Roddy010 said:

Are you talking about the Storm from the 80's Magik mini? As that wasn't 616 Storm.
Yes I belive so I saw a scan of it in the Storm forums...It looked pretty awesome...
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Storm Calling

One month of prep is alot of time for Storm to come up with something to counter Witchfire's magical attacks. She has access to very powerful magical wielders and could at least come up with something to give her some defense to Witchfire's magic. The woman is a master strategist and was able to bring down even the powerful Shadow King when she was seemingly powerless to stop him. T'Challa did a similar thing with Doctor Doom in Doomwar, so I wouldn't put it past Storm to come up with something to defend herself from Witchfire's magic in one month of prep.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Phylos

biz-ump.
Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

Question: Why are morals on if it's a battle to the death...?

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Phylos
@Evil Incarnate said:
Question: Why are morals on if it's a battle to the death...?

you know i always wondered why my battle set ups seemed off haha. thank you for pointing that out.
FlakeKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Wicthfire wins, Magic is just overall superior to Weather Manipulation and then both get prep, she has this in the bag. I like Storm more tho....