Witchblade (Sara Pezzini) vs Guyver I (Sho Fukamachi)

Avatar image for sightlessreality
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SightlessReality

The Combatants

Sara Pezzini
Sara Pezzini

vs

Sho Fukamachi
Sho Fukamachi

Rules

1. Starting Distance is 50 meters
  2. In Character/Morals On
  3. Random encounter
  4. Win by KO or Perma-Death
  5. Sho doesn't have access to Gigantic/Exceed Suit
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@sightlessreality: I can tell you anything you could ever want to know about the Witchblade, but I know nothing about the Guyver...so I can't really give an opinion here.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: A Standard Guyver Unit has a max damage output of mountain busting by using the Mega Smasher which are two powerful particle cannons hidden by the two chest plates.

I'm also just getting into the Witchblade series myself. Just got the monstrosity of a book "Witchblade Compendium Vol1" a few days ago to give myself a decent start. Though I know from research that there's still a ton of material I have to cover once I finish it.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@wyldsong: What IS the Witchblade capable of?

I've truly always been curious about that whole lore and history but know nothing about it.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen:That is not an easy answer to give. If it were to let loose, it has been recorded as having the energy output to destroy a city. You never really see it display such power, as it is a learning and adaptable weapon, that will adapt itself to face foes (so it sometimes competes in street levels and sometimes kills gods). It can grant the bearer superhuman stats, and has displayed a lot of powers. There is a lot more to it, but those are the basics.

@sightlessreality:It is a good read overall, but to be honest, it does not catch it's stride until later on in the series. Early on, it has it's ups and downs, but somewhere around, and sorry, without being able to reference my stuff right now (at work), I cannot give you an exact number, but sometime just before issue 82 or so maybe, is when the series really kicks off. It is good stuff.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guyver has twin armblades that vibrate at hypersonic frequencies and can cut through most any material found on earth with ease. It has super-human speed and easily catches bullets, as well as possessing omnidirectional senses like Spider-Man, though not quite the same as sensing danger from miles off.

Guyver can fly via a gravity manipulate module on its waist and use same device to create powerful gravity based kinetic blasts that can punch through heavy armor. Guyver also has a sonic amplifier enabling it to send out a blast of ultrasonic waves capable of breaking down matter at the atomic level and used it to literally disintegrate several hyper-zoanoids. Basically suped up genetically engineered monsters created with alien tech. The Mega-Smasher is also powerful enough to punch a hole through a mountain, though it takes about 10sec to charge and can't be fired repeatedly.

The Guyver also has a head-laser fired from the control-node on the forehead that converts and concentrates excess body heat into a high-intensity laser. The Guyver can also regenerate indefinitely so long as the control node remains intact. It can even completely regenerate the entire Guyver unit and its host based solely off the genetic code embedded in it at the time of bonding, and even completely records all of its hosts memories.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: Is it weird that I started the series just to see more Ian Nottingham at first? xD

Maybe Guyver? Not far enough in to really give a big opinion on Sara as she hasn't developed her powers yet.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wyldsong

@darthaznable: Ian is awesome, so I understand.

As for the Witchblade, the thing to remember is that Sara does not really develop the powers, nor always control what the Witchblade decides to do. Sometimes it works with her, sometimes she has to try and reign it in, and sometimes it does things on it's own to save Sara. The bearer isn't the end all be all on the Witchblade's power. It is basically the ultimate deus ex machine type weapon, and has displayed a ton of powers/abilities.

@reikai: Good intel, based on that, I think it would be a good fight. Kind of leaning toward the Witchblade overall though.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: I forgot to add that the Guyver increases Sho's strength by a factor of 200 at base and can increase further.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@wyldsong: I forgot to add that the Guyver increases Sho's strength by a factor of 200 at base and can increase further.

The Witchblade can also increase the bearer's physical stats granting superhuman strength, durability, speed, reflexes, regeneration, flight, energy projection and so on. It is a weapon/creature of sorts that was born of two abstract beings.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know enough about witch blade to state a honest opinion put sara will need a lot of fire power to the guyver down permanently.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuss4z said:

I don't know enough about witch blade to state a honest opinion put sara will need a lot of fire power to the guyver down permanently.

The Witchblade does pack a lot of firepower, and can adapt itself to the foes it faces. It has taken down world ending deities and even the Darkness. I don't think it would be easy by any means, but even just using the powers it has already displayed in it's run, I think it has enough to a pull a win.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: Cool It looks like I gotta read some witch blade.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuss4z said:

@wyldsong: Cool It looks like I gotta read some witch blade.

I wish more people would. Witchblade is awesome, but again, the series really does not hit its stride until sometime around when the issues run in or near the 80s. This is one of the few books, where due to the nature of the Witchblade, it can run stories anywhere from basic street level stuff up to facing off against beings that could bring about the end of the world. I highly recommend it.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: Not to the same degree as the Guyver. Also, the WB's biggest drawback is that whatever powers/abilities it seems to have is entirely controlled by whatever the hell the Plot happens to be at the time in the comics. 90% of the time Sara is a low-level street leveler with only moderate recuperating ability.

If we were to look at them on Day 1 of their appearances, the Guyver laughably outclasses the Witchblade. Even on normal days and appearances, the Witchblade just doesn't have much to offer without Plot-Powerups. Sho's not even permitted the use of his upper forms in this because of how powerful they are.

Loading Video...

Gigantic multiplies all of the Guyver's abilities by 20x across the board, and it's Mega-Smasher by 100x to become the Giga-Smasher. Exceed turns him Godzilla-sized and multiplies everything an extra thousand-fold, making the Guyver a planet-buster.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wyldsong

@reikai: A few things, you keep talking about "plot power ups". The Witchblade is the child of 2 literal abstract beings(not the avatars of the Angelus and the Darkness, but the literal primal forces of Dark and Light), so when I say it is a deus ex machina weapon, it is because it can literally develop powers for a given situation. It learns and adapts, and that is something that is a key focus for why it develops new abilities and powers:

No Caption Provided

It can give the bearer what it needs. It displays these "plot power ups", because it figures out what is needed, and does it. That is a constant throughout the run of the Witchblade. We aren't talking about just 1 or 2 really powerful showings...this has a been a big point of the Witchblade since it's inception, and just what it does.

You can't compare Guyver's and Sara's first showings with the Witchblade, because Sara literally has no need for that kind of power in most encounters. Then you have to factor in what is considered canon for the Witchblade's showings, which includes the manga and anime, both of which are canon to the main comic series, and both of which afford us a wealth of showings, plus the numerous one shots and everything else not shown in the main series (the Witchblade itself has somewhere in the neighborhood of over 450+ showings in comics). Then you also have to factor in that the Witchblade canonically has been stated to reserve it's power. Yes, Sara plays in the street levels most times, but in her own series has taken out world ending deities. The Witchblade doesn't display it's upper levels 9 times out of 10, because it isn't needed:

No Caption Provided

It really has no need to let loose it's utmost power on street level threats...

It doesn't display the power output to level Tokyo or to one shot naval destroyers on daily basis (as seen below), because that isn't needed every encounter:

No Caption Provided

And it doesn't need to power up for any amount of time to pull off feats like this.

It conserves itself, it learns, it adapts, and uses the power that's needed. Common themes and ideas that have run all throughout the Witchblade series. It's why the Witchblade can be seen facing street level threats:

No Caption Provided

To going toe to toe with Tiamat's Godzilla sized creations:

Dealing with 3 street-ish level androids:

No Caption Provided

To taking on world ending deities:

No Caption Provided

Dismantling Shine on a molecular level:

No Caption Provided

To killing the Darkness (who is most definitely not street level):

No Caption Provided

This isn't even factoring the regeneration/healing, superspeed, flight, superstrength and so on that it can grant. The Witchblade can do a lot, but as shown constantly, it conserves itself, and gives what is needed. But hell...we can't forget that this child of abstracts, the Witchblade, is one of the keys to an event that wipes out reality and causes it to be remade...this is no simple little street level item.

In all reality, what you term as plot powers, are part and parcel of the Witchblade's powers and abilities. Yes, it quite often develops powers for any given situation, because it is a learning and adapting weapon, something which it has been since it's inception, and this has not changed throughout it's run. Sara's control or mastery has no bearing on the powers the Witchblade can choose to use and show, and against a being of the likes of the Guyver, it won't hold back to those street levels. It displays and can come up with powers as needed. It's the child of abstract powers, so that is kind of it's gig. Even utilizing only the powers it has shown throughout it's run, it has more than enough to take down Guyver from everything you have told me about, excluding the gigantic, which we don't have to get into, because, per the OPs rules:

Sho doesn't have access to Gigantic/Exceed Suit

So no Godzilla size planet busting levels are allowed here. If we choose to ignore the Witchblade's factual showings and place it in the realm of a glorified Venom-like symbiote, then sure, the Guyver would win. Doing so would be entirely ignoring what the Witchblade is and can do, and would be entirely disingenuous to it, and would paint this entire battle in a false light. The Guyver and Witchblade battle would be an awesome spectacle with the rules set as is, it's just one I believe the Guyver would not win based on the Witchblade's factual showings, and not based on some notion of "plot powers" and ignoring just what the Witchblade is and does.

And none of the showings I have given in this post alone put the Witchblade over the Guyver, but with 450+ showings, it more than has the power and ability in those showings to give a good fight and pull the win with the stipulations that have been put in place. Just to clarify though, this is not an attack on you, and if this post sounds testy, it is not meant to, but there are a ton of misunderstandings people have about the Witchblade, and you hit on one of the biggest ones.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Guyver

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump cause this really is a good match up.