Winter vs. Superboy Prime

industrious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By industrious

When Winter was resurrected by the Doctor, he unfortunately got dimensionally disconnected for a brief period; the Russian Stormwatch member was transported to mainstream DC Earth...in the middle of the Sinestro Corps War.

After a brief assessment, he determines the most dangerous threat to Earth as Superboy-Prime, and having none of  Jackson's reservations against interfering with other dimensions, decides to take Superboy-Prime head-on.

The fight takes place in Coast City, and Superboy-Prime has a Yellow Ring. The sun is up, and Winter has a discarded M16 rifle (to get Superboy-Prime's attention). Winter starts 100 meters away from Superboy-Prime, who is flying.

The twist in this fight, though, is a 15 minute time limit. Once the fifteen minutes are up, Winter gets transported back to his home universe. Defeating Superboy-Prime OR surviving that long counts as victory.

Can he do it?

Darksied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Darksied

LOL, he can win if he runs for 15 minutes.
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By whacknasty
@Darksied said:
" LOL, he can win if he runs for 15 minutes. "
Lol.

I think he can do it...any blast from the yellow ring could be used to amp himself enough to not die from an initial strike from Prime, and after that first hit, all of that could be used to increase Winter's own stats.  I guess he needs to just be able to absorb that first blast/punch/heat vision blast and I think he could certainly win...
ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ThanosIsMad

Prime never used a ring from what I remember, he just flew around and beat the crap out of everyone.

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By whacknasty
@ThanosIsMad: Lol, ok.  I figured since he had it, maybe he would try to use it offensively.  Well then I'll say the same scenario could work if Prime starts with a heat vision blast. Or maybe even a punch that isnt full powered (figuring even a lower level punch would squash this unknown guy maybe?).
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#6  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

He'd survive. There is enough stray energy flying around that he could amp himself off of, and since SBP leads with his fists, his punches would only amp Winter up further. Winter would be getting hurt and I don't think he'd ever beat Prime, but as long as Prime was just hitting or blasting him and Winter made sure to drain energy from the sources present around him, the amping Winter got from it would keep him going. If he relied only on Prime punching him he'd probably get knocked out by the damage he's also getting, but if he's getting energy blasts and lantern energy, he can absorb those without taking damage and sustain himself. He's smart enough and a good enough fighter to survive even if he wouldn't win.

industrious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By industrious

Winter can absorb energy around him, as opposed to only energy directed at him?

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By termiteone4ever

interesting battle again :)

industrious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By industrious

Thanks. I try. If a battle isn't interesting, then why do it?

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By SuperTide

I think the chances are quite good that he would survive.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By tensor

? can winter survive if he just freezes him

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#12  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@industrious said:
" Winter can absorb energy around him, as opposed to only energy directed at him? "
He doesn't absorb ambient energy, but this fight is set in a larger fight between energy wielders and Winter is smart enough to know (especially if he remembers how his tumble with The High went) he won't win a slugfest with Prime after he gets hit the first time. Given his intelligence, practicality (he's not going to let his pride get the best of him) and the resources (random energy) all around him, I think he'd make sure he used it.
industrious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By industrious
@Buckshot said:
" @industrious said:
" Winter can absorb energy around him, as opposed to only energy directed at him? "
He doesn't absorb ambient energy, but this fight is set in a larger fight between energy wielders and Winter is smart enough to know (especially if he remembers how his tumble with The High went) he won't win a slugfest with Prime after he gets hit the first time. Given his intelligence, practicality (he's not going to let his pride get the best of him) and the resources (random energy) all around him, I think he'd make sure he used it. "
Ah. Fair Point. 

So he'd essentially throw himself in front of the various energy blasts?

Heck, he'd probably take the M16 and empty the clip on himself to power himself up.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By daak1212

How strong is Winter?  I think I saw a fight with him vs Nova and it went to Nova
industrious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By industrious

Winter is peak human (in the real sense of the word, not the Captain America sense of the word) in all his cababilities. He's a former Spetznaz agent who defected from the USSR during the Afghan invasion.

His power, on the other hand, is that of energy absorption; he can absorb any form of energy directed at him, including magic, and then reverse and redirect that energy.

In a prior thread, Winter ended up beating John Stewart.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Mercy_
@industrious said:
" Winter is peak human (in the real sense of the word, not the Captain America sense of the word) in all his cababilities. He's a former Spetznaz agent who defected from the USSR during the Afghan invasion.

His power, on the other hand, is that of energy absorption; he can absorb any form of energy directed at him, including magic, and then reverse and redirect that energy.

In a prior thread, Winter ended up beating John Stewart.
"
O_o do I need to start picking up WildStorm trades? Because the more I see these characters in battle threads, the more intrigued I am. 
industrious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By industrious

That would be a very good idea, though good luck. DC canceled Wildstorm in December *sobs*