Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#3  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Static Shock: I don't know Major Force that well...

If he's just blasting energy though and he isn't that smart, I don't see how Winter could lose. Winter won't be hurt by his energy output and if that's all he's got, he's not got enough.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Static Shock

@Buckshot: Although he comes off as one-dimensional, his intellect is normal. He's just a psychopath. He doesn't just blast energy. He also blasts dark matter as well, and is well above Class 100, having fought people like Superman, Wonder Woman, and many others. He can generate energy shields, also.

Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
The_Mayhem_Theory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By The_Mayhem_Theory
I don't know much about Winter. He seems to be an energy manipulator at a very high level. I assume that he doesn't have any other stats to help him. In that case, I'd say Major Force.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Static Shock said:

@Buckshot: Although he comes off as one-dimensional, his intellect is normal. He's just a psychopath. He doesn't just blast energy. He also blasts dark matter as well, and is well above Class 100, having fought people like Superman, Wonder Woman, and many others. He can generate energy shields, also.

I consider Winter's mind to be much like Captain America's so against someone of normal intellect he's got a solid lead in a fight. Question about the dark matter. If he has dark matter blasts (as it was put in the DC wiki), are those energy? I'm confused because matter is matter but blasts are generally energy. If they are, or create, some kind of energy, then they'd just be more fuel for Winter. And if they don't, MF himself would still be a source of energy. His strength is good, but that doesn't really help him much. If he powers up Winter, Winter can be just as strong (and much stronger) and he can power him up either with blasts or by using his temporarily-superior strength.

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

I don't know much about Winter. He seems to be an energy manipulator at a very high level. I assume that he doesn't have any other stats to help him. In that case, I'd say Major Force.

He's moderately superhuman (best feat without his energy powers is probably catching a bullet at close range), but no, his stats don't match up to MF. What helps though is that he can use any energy to amp up his stats and has gotten strong enough to slug it out with a superman-level character just by getting hit by him. The other thing that makes him special is that when he takes in energy, his body flips it around so that if he hits the someone who blasted him with energy, it will still hurt them, even if they're normally capable of absorbing energy.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Static Shock

@Buckshot said:

I consider Winter's mind to be much like Captain America's so against someone of normal intellect he's got a solid lead in a fight. Question about the dark matter. If he has dark matter blasts (as it was put in the DC wiki), are those energy? I'm confused because matter is matter but blasts are generally energy. If they are, or create, some kind of energy, then they'd just be more fuel for Winter. And if they don't, MF himself would still be a source of energy. His strength is good, but that doesn't really help him much. If he powers up Winter, Winter can be just as strong (and much stronger) and he can power him up either with blasts or by using his temporarily-superior strength.

It's just matter. I don't think it's an energy emission of any kind. I mean, it comes out of his hands. But, even since he started using energy blasts, he's been using that more than just dark matter.

What strength feats does Winter have?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Static Shock: The only strength feat (worth mentioning anyway) I can think of for Winter is making The High bleed after getting energy from his punches. He doesn't go for the brute force all that much. I don't think Winter's going to overwhelm MF with strength, but if MF starts hitting Winter, Winter will be strong enough to physically fight back. He'd probably do better that he did with The High though since MF is full of energy so Winter would be getting more than just the energy the punches give, but also what's in MF.

Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
The_Mayhem_Theory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Mayhem_Theory
@Buckshot said:

He's moderately superhuman (best feat without his energy powers is probably catching a bullet at close range), but no, his stats don't match up to MF. What helps though is that he can use any energy to amp up his stats and has gotten strong enough to slug it out with a superman-level character just by getting hit by him. The other thing that makes him special is that when he takes in energy, his body flips it around so that if he hits the someone who blasted him with energy, it will still hurt them, even if they're normally capable of absorbing energy.

Oh, so he's basically a Bishop (X-Men) type character? Maybe I should change my vote. It would seem logical, at least.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Static Shock

@Buckshot: Hmmm... Well, considering Major Force's history, he's more likely to hit things than to blast them with energy and/or matter. Though, as far as Winter taking his hits, I'm a little skeptical. Major Force knocked Superman from Metropolis, Delaware to Covington, Ohio. He was KO'ed for a few minutes as well. Winter would have to be pretty durable to slug it out with him.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Static Shock: Judging by his fight with the High, the act of MF hitting him would make him durable enough because of the energy he steals from the hit (assuming he lets the blow land).

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Static Shock

@Buckshot: Ah. He robs physical strikes of their momentum.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By daak1212
@Static Shock said:

@Buckshot: Hmmm... Well, considering Major Force's history, he's more likely to hit things than to blast them with energy and/or matter. Though, as far as Winter taking his hits, I'm a little skeptical. Major Force knocked Superman from Metropolis, Delaware to Covington, Ohio. He was KO'ed for a few minutes as well. Winter would have to be pretty durable to slug it out with him.

Wait...Metropolis is in Delaware?  I thought it was DC New York.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Static Shock

@daak1212: The DC Atlas placed it in Delaware, even though the comic book leaves its location ambiguous. New York City is a separate city in DC, also.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By daak1212
@Static Shock said:

@daak1212: The DC Atlas placed it in Delaware, even though the comic book leaves its location ambiguous. New York City is a separate city in DC, also.

Eww Delaware sucks
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Static Shock

@daak1212: LOL.