#1 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has Standard Gear

Winter Soldier has Standard Gear

Battle in a Brooklyn at night. Starting 500 feet away.

Both are in Character.

#2 Edited by nerdork (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

This will be a pretty good fight, but i still give it to Bats. Even if WS is still brainwashed, and goes for the kill instantly, he is basically fighting in Batmans perfect scenario. Its night time, in the crowded area of Brooklyn, which can be similar to Gotham (though, not nearly as bleak). The starting distance does give WS a bit of an advantage with this weaponry, and he would test Bats' agility and reaction time; but it's nothing that Bats hasnt had to deal with in the past, with consistent success. So, i dont think that Bats will be gunned down, though, he may take a glancing shot or two. But, as soon as Bats can close the distance, and he will with the use of cover and darkness, the H2H fight will be interesting but not last very long, as WS is just outclassed by Bats martial prowess. Yes, even considering the powerful metal arm.

Bats FTW!!! 7.5/10

#3 Posted by jayskee (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

winter soldier

#4 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

winter soldier has got to win this right??

#5 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not an expert on Bucky, but I wonder how hes gonna deal with a magnetic batarang forcing him into oncoming traffic or a fire hydrant or a lamp post ......

#7 Posted by capall2 (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

What consists of Bucky's standard gear? As well as armour?

#8 Edited by dondave (38884 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not an expert on Bucky, but I wonder how hes gonna deal with a magnetic batarang forcing him into oncoming traffic or a fire hydrant or a lamp post ......

Maybe the EMP in his Biotic Arm.

I assume that would disable the energy that would be needed on a activated Magnetic Batarang.

#10 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Unless the Emp is automated or metaly activated he's gettin hit with a few taxis or smellin dog piss before he activates the emp. How is he against sonics, tasers etc

#11 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5656 posts) - - Show Bio

Bucky

#12 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman of course.

If he can take out a platoon of the world's greatest snipers AT their base, warning them ahead of time at about 500ft, then I see why he can't take out Winter Soldier. He did have Red Hood with him, but it was stated by both Bats and Hood that he could have easily taken them out on his own.
And even without this example Batman still wins in my opinion. He has dealt with a million Bucky Barnes and in the New DCU has faced rivals that in my opinion could kill Winter Soldier.

#13 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Unless the Emp is automated or metaly activated he's gettin hit with a few taxis or smellin dog piss before he activates the emp. How is he against sonics, tasers etc

For Tasers and Sonics the same way. Im not sure how many times he can activate the EMP or even the Range.

Still waiting on the Bucky Experts to make their calls. However this is a Peak Human who matches Cap who is Enhance Human many times. That should count for something in dodging Shield Throws that move faster than People think half the time.

#14 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7909 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Thanks for the shout out I'm finally a Winter Soldier expert take that @higorm

But I don't think Batman will have the edge in stealth I wait until this plays out more.

#15 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Thanks for the shout out I'm finally a Winter Soldier expert take that @higorm

But I don't think Batman will have the edge in stealth I wait until this plays out more.

The fight against Wolverine is almost irrelevant. Bucky already knew Wolverine and knows of Wolverine's abilities. Because of that, he played the city against Wolverine by using the advantage of the rain to lessen the scent and run through the rooftops and smoke stacks to mask his presence against Logan's heightened senses. I'm not sure how that plays against Batman when he tracks by different means and Logan wasn't using stealth either, soooo what's the point?

#16 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyways, Bats wins. Bruce is more skilled than Bucky to begin with. I'm not a huge fan of ABC logic, but a Bucky that wasn't holding back wasn't able to get an upper hand against a Daredevil that was holding back. It's not by a huge gap, but enough that mixed with his versatility in equipment and own physical stats he can win this. Bucky goes down swinging but Bruce has the solid majority.

#17 Edited by HereComesTheBoom_Headshot (321 posts) - - Show Bio

For once I'll say Batman. He'd need to watch out for Bucky's EMP arm, though.

#18 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7909 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: It was a show of skill over stealthy attacks.

If I wanted to show Bucky getting the drop on Wolverine I would have posted the scans a few pages before. No intention of post misleading scans if that is what you are getting at.

#19 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity: I'm still not exactly sure what you're referring to by posting them?

#20 Edited by HigorM (4224 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (7909 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: More at Hawkeye's surprises his arrow was countered when Winter Soldier was distracted.

But I believe his now standard gear is sonar have form what I gather from here.

Thought I haven't made on a comment on who should win.

#22 Posted by vintage_spiderman (2156 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce wank wins

#23 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@higorm said:

@mr_ingenuity said:

Actually, the real expert for me is @slimj87d, I just try :P

Slim is probably the big expert on Bucky here. He'll probably end up voting for him anyway. And I know he'll see this.

>:D. Mwahahaha!!

#25 Posted by ThexX (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

In all honest opinion I really do think Bucky wins here. If this was pre 52 Batman it would be another story.

Stealth for Batman won't work here Bucky arm can produce sonar now.

Domino Mask

As the Winter Soldier, Bucky's mechanical arm can let out a propagation of sound for his mask to receive and translate it into a 3D map. This allows him to see invisible enemies. Pretty much Dare Devil envy.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/60545/2856801-winter_solider_015_zone_013.jpg

Also to Point out Bucky Winter Soldier suit has Security Jammers built into it so it could effect Batman ability to track Bucky when he goes stealth.

Winter Soldier Suit

Impact resistant, security jammers and most likely bullet proof as well:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Equipment/17.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Equipment/WinterSoldier04012.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Equipment/Winter-Soldier-002-08.jpg

And here are the Stealth feats that @god_spawn was talking about.

STEALTH

Follows Wolverine for 3 days without Wolverine knowing.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Stealth/tn0_Wolverine40-017.jpg

Continues to follow Wolverine for a month without Wolverine knowing.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Stealth/tn0_Wolverine40-021.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Stealth/tn0_Wolverine40-022.jpg

Against Wolverine (Clint Barton interferes)

Bucky leads Wolverine on a random dead trail and then jumps him from the side. He once again overcomes Wolverines senses. The fight is interpreted when Clint Barton fires and arrow, but Bucky cuts the arrow in half in midair. I don't know if he is brainwashed, but I will update this post when I find out. I'm sure he isn't, but he's acting and pretending. Notable feat is that he cut the arrow with his none mechanical hand showing that he can catch Clint's arrows without his mechanical arm.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/Clint%20Barton%20Wolverine%20and%20Daredevil/WinterSolider-Zone-002.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/Clint%20Barton%20Wolverine%20and%20Daredevil/WinterSolider-Zone-003.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/Clint%20Barton%20Wolverine%20and%20Daredevil/WinterSolider-Zone-004.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/Clint%20Barton%20Wolverine%20and%20Daredevil/WinterSolider-Zone-009.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/Clint%20Barton%20Wolverine%20and%20Daredevil/WinterSolider-Zone-010.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/JohnDV201/Bucky%20Barnes/Bucky%20Barnes%20Fighting%20Ability/Clint%20Barton%20Wolverine%20and%20Daredevil/WinterSolider-Zone-015.jpg

#26 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@thexx: New 52 Bruce is just a continuation of Pre-52 Bruce. It doesn't matter if it's new 52 Bruce or pre-52, Bucky loses.

#27 Posted by ThexX (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Yes New 52 Bruce is just a continuation of Pre-52 Bruce. But The OP says in the title of this battle that it is New 52 Batman meaning he is specifically saying that Bruce only has the feats from The New 52. If @cadencev2 says otherwise then I well agree with you that Batman wins. But until then Bucky wins.

#28 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@thexx: No he doesn't. It's the same character, same level of skill, except just more gear. Bucky loses, period.

#29 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

Love Bucky(favorite Marvel character) but he's gonna lose handily.

#30 Edited by comic_book_fan (5918 posts) - - Show Bio

batman.

#31 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@thexx said:

@god_spawn: Yes New 52 Bruce is just a continuation of Pre-52 Bruce. But The OP says in the title of this battle that it is New 52 Batman meaning he is specifically saying that Bruce only has the feats from The New 52. If @cadencev2 says otherwise then I well agree with you that Batman wins. But until then Bucky wins.

Its the whole BS speel of New 52 is same as Pre 52. While I disagree with this heavily, I will let it fly as everyone else does.

HOWEVER!!! New 52 Batman has not shown the same GEAR or SAME PREP FEATS at all toe Pre 52. Thus the GEAR SEEN is only New 52.

It be insane stupid to say he has the same Gear of Pre 52 when he clearly doesn't.

#32 Edited by SlimJ87D (10699 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty close to even. Winter Solider has been able to sneak up on Wolverine, Doctor Doom and even get into Daredevils training grounds without him noticing. It wasn't till he started to pull a trigger Daredevil could sense him. There is no way Batman can sneak up on Winter Soldier either as Bucky's new tech allows him to see a sonar like Daredevil so he knows where everyone and everything is behind walls.

H2H, Bucky has fought and defeated all of Steve's Rogues and even fought groups and masses of soldiers, rogues and heavy artillery like helicopters and giant robots.

I'm only giving Batman a slight majority due to him having more 1 on 1 with high level fighters than Bucky does with high level fighters in Marvel.

Batman:

has owned Green Arrow. Has beaten or shown good showings against Ras Al Ghul, Sensei, Lady Shiva, Prometheus, Deathstroke and a bunch of others. He has a long track record that is a good track record as well.

Bucky:

-has owned Crossbones multiple times and even Crossbones and Sin at the same time.

-Has had the better against the Red Skull in Steve's body.

-Has beaten Black Widow and Black Widow with the help of a Russian sleeper agent,

-has shown he's a tier or more above Clint Barton multiple times,

-has performed well against Wolverine and DD.

-He's shown he's a few tiers above Baron Zemo due to beating the crap out of him while being drugged on a hallucination drug and Zemo had weeks of prep against him.

-Has gotten the best of Batroc the Leaper on 3 occasions. On one of the occasions he had to fight a small army, helicopter, Batroc and the man with no face and he still multitasked and defeated them all.

-Has defeated 50s Cap twice, who is 2 times or more the stats of Steve Rogers.

I think Bucky would give Bruce a lot of trouble. A lot more trouble than people think. But Bruce just has a lot of street cred. Neither one of them can really sneak up on the other. Neither one of them has tech that outdoes one or the other. It comes down to H2H, and Bucky has the robotic arm that can mask itself as a normal arm throwing Bruce off. Bruce is taller, more muscular and probably physically stronger than Bucky due to being about 4" taller than him.

Batman gets slight majority 6/10. If Batman knows about the mechanical arm from the get go, then 7/10

#33 Posted by SlimJ87D (10699 posts) - - Show Bio

@higorm said:

@mr_ingenuity said:

Actually, the real expert for me is @slimj87d, I just try :P

Slim is probably the big expert on Bucky here. He'll probably end up voting for him anyway. And I know he'll see this.

>:D. Mwahahaha!!

YOU ARE WRONG MY FRIEND!

I have voted and debated against Bucky the few times he has had battles on this board. Even against Vance Astro who was supporting Bucky. I do it to show that I'm not bias :)

#34 Edited by HigorM (4224 posts) - - Show Bio

That´s why I call him the expert lol

#35 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9177 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Batman gears:

Sonic gun and Sonic grenades

Overheat device

Electric stick and Acid batrang

Foam Gun

Heat and Electric batrang

Batsuit

Energy deflector

Batsuit's gauntlets can shoot electricity

EMP

#36 Posted by Pperspectiveandreality (1931 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumping this because movie buzz

#37 Posted by reaverlation (17055 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce

#38 Posted by captain_batman_FTW (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole "5 year timeline" thing DC made with the new 52, I believe makes pre-52 feats valid, they just haven't shown any of the pre-52 stories which makes most of the pre-52 feats canon for new 52.

Anyways, Batman wins, 9/10 if the feats shown from pre-52 are valid, if not, then Bruce still wins, 7.5/10

#39 Posted by highaccuser (8424 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#40 Edited by OreoAssassin (6197 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce in a good fight

#41 Posted by spiderman-over-batman (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I gotta give it to Winter Soldier. His physical feats are on par with Captain America, and Steve is physically far superior to Batman. The fight would probably be rather quick, as Bucky would see Batman as moving in slow motion compared to his reaction time.

#42 Posted by MonsterStomp (20279 posts) - - Show Bio

Because that's in character for Batman. To force someone he doesn't know onto oncoming traffic.

#43 Posted by dondave (38884 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce

#44 Edited by patrat18 (10837 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman for a solid majority.

#45 Posted by Killerwasp (6456 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by i_like_swords (17290 posts) - - Show Bio

Because that's in character for Batman. To force someone he doesn't know onto oncoming traffic.

LMFAO