Winter Soldier vs Deathstroke

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By jayskee

Scenario: Bucky finds out that Deathstroke is involved in Winter soldier program. So he sets out to capture and interogate him. Bucky has 6 hours of prep and a shield file on Slade. morals on. Fight is in a Hotel in Rome. start from 15 yards away. Slade has his standard gear.

Winter Soldier #5
Winter Soldier #5
Winter Soldier #5
Winter Soldier #5
CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CaptainRodgers

Before DS fanboys come in lowballing Bucky . DS wins , he's simply the superior opponent, however , Buck can last a while , we've seen Dick Grayson give DS a decent fight , I see no reason why Buck shouldn't give a just as good or better fight , we've seen him defeat established fighters consistently (e.g. cross bones , batroc ) , his prep time and info on DS will allow him the upper hand at the fight's beginning but DS is ultimately the better fighter and will most likely kill or KO Barnes.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Billy Batson

Deathstroke.
Wrong caption on Slade's pic.
BB

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ReVamp

DS Wins.

@CaptainRodgers said:

Before DS fanboys come in lowballing Bucky . DS wins , he's simply the superior opponent, however , Buck can last a while , we've seen Dick Grayson give DS a decent fight ,

Rarely. They had one fight which could be seen decent and it was on Titans, which was full of PIS.

I see no reason why Buck shouldn't give a just as good or better fight , we've seen him defeat established fighters consistently (e.g. cross bones , batroc ) ,

Not totally true.

his prep time and info on DS will allow him the upper hand at the fight's beginning but DS is ultimately the better fighter and will most likely kill or KO Barnes.

With what exactly?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Deathstroke

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jeanroygrant

Deathstroke.

Winter Soider is way cooler though

CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CaptainRodgers

@ReVamp said:

"Rarely" ? so it has happened ? and with Barnes being (IMO) superior to Grayson ( or at least arguably) with prep time and info on his opponent I don't see why he couldn't another factor is that DS doesn't have any info what so ever on Bucky or any prep time , he's being spontaneously attacked by a fighter he knows nothing about.

What was untrue about it ? he has fought ( and beat ) skilled fighters consistently and shown he's not a push over .

I don't understand what you're asking me with the third point.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ReVamp

@CaptainRodgers:

• Dick Grayson has only fought "toe-to-toe" with Deathstroke once, which was full of PIS. All the other times, he hasn't been able to fight with Deathstroke and the latter always beats him.
  • He has fought skilled opponents, but IIRC he didn't actually beat Batroc in a straight up fight. He only beat Crossbones, and even the validity of that fight is somewhat questionable, as many people have shown in the battle forums in the past.
  • How exactly is prep going to give him this huge edge? I mean, if we were talking Nightwing, prep would be a huge factor, but it isn't.
CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CaptainRodgers

@ReVamp: He has beaten batroc and crossbones more than one during the brubaker run , both are valid wins.

I never said a "huge" edge , however if he knows DS's standard equipment , his strengths and his weaknesses coupled with 6 hours of prep , he'll be able to pre-think a stratagem where as DS is being spontaneously thrown into a fight and he knows nothing about his opponent where as when he fights Grayson he knows Grayson's equipment , strengths , weaknesses , fighting style and more , it'd be a lot harder to fight an opponent you know nothing about but knows everything about you , and even at that I'm not saying Buck wins I'm just saying he'll give him a good fight.

shield_slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By shield_slinger

I can't say because I don't like the answer. :D

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Dex_Starr

@CaptainRodgers said:

Before DS fanboys come in lowballing Bucky . DS wins , he's simply the superior opponent, however , Buck can last a while , we've seen Dick Grayson give DS a decent fight , I see no reason why Buck shouldn't give a just as good or better fight , we've seen him defeat established fighters consistently (e.g. cross bones , batroc ) , his prep time and info on DS will allow him the upper hand at the fight's beginning but DS is ultimately the better fighter and will most likely kill or KO Barnes.

We've seen Dick Grayson get stomped by Deathstroke more times than he has put up a decent fight, so that's hardly a good argument.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dex_Starr

@CaptainRodgers said:

@ReVamp: He has beaten batroc and crossbones more than one during the brubaker run , both are valid wins.

I never said a "huge" edge , however if he knows DS's standard equipment , his strengths and his weaknesses coupled with 6 hours of prep , he'll be able to pre-think a stratagem where as DS is being spontaneously thrown into a fight and he knows nothing about his opponent where as when he fights Grayson he knows Grayson's equipment , strengths , weaknesses , fighting style and more , it'd be a lot harder to fight an opponent you know nothing about but knows everything about you , and even at that I'm not saying Buck wins I'm just saying he'll give him a good fight.

When did he beat Batroc? I've read 3 of their encounters in Cap's last volume and none of the fights had a conclusion. Name the issue where he beat him.

CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CaptainRodgers

@Dex_Starr: That wasn't my sole argument , the point I was making was ; if Grayson is capable of giving a good fight on occasion , I don't see why an arguably superior opponent (who DS knows nothing about (he knows a lot about Dick(pun intended))) with prep time and knowledge on DS' strengths , weaknesses ,equipment , fighting style etc. couldn't give DS an equally good or more likely better fight .

To reiterate I don't think Buck will win , he's just not a pushover.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ReVamp

@Dex_Starr said:

@CaptainRodgers said:

When did he beat Batroc? I've read 3 of their encounters in Cap's last volume and none of the fights had a conclusion. Name the issue where he beat him.

He didn't. He got him with the Shield and said "One Down" but Batroc was up in the next moment. He beat Crossbones, apparently you didn't read my comment or misundertood it. I was questioning the validity of the instance because it could be seen as PISy. Regardless, its irrelevant.

So, he'd have the same edge as Grayson? Great.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dex_Starr

@CaptainRodgers said:

@Dex_Starr: That wasn't my sole argument , the point I was making was ; if Grayson is capable of giving a good fight on occasion , I don't see why an arguably superior opponent (who DS knows nothing about (he knows a lot about Dick(pun intended))) with prep time and knowledge on DS' strengths , weaknesses ,equipment , fighting style etc. couldn't give DS an equally good or more likely better fight .

To reiterate I don't think Buck will win , he's just not a pushover.

The point you are making is that if Grayson could fight him on occasions then Bucky should be able to, even though it Dick giving Slade a decent fight isn't consistent with the rest of his showings, so again, that is a weak argument.

Bucky isn't a push over, but he's not in Slade's league.

@ReVamp said:

@Dex_Starr said:

@CaptainRodgers said:

He didn't. He got him with the Shield and said "One Down" but Batroc was up in the next moment. He beat Crossbones, apparently you didn't read my comment or misundertood it. I was questioning the validity of the instance because it could be seen as PISy. Regardless, its irrelevant.

So, he'd have the same edge as Grayson? Great.

That wasn't even directed toward you, that was directed toward CaptainRodgers because he was the one who stated Bucky beat Batroc, and I asked him when it happened.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ReVamp

@Dex_Starr: I know it wasn't, I just quoted you because I was answering your question with "He didn't" ;)

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@Dex_Starr: Buck kind of beat Batroc in Captain America: Batroc (Batroc admitted he can't beat him, anyway). Which is an amazing comic I recommend to anyone, by the way.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By nefarious

Deathstroke wins.

CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CaptainRodgers

@Dex_Starr: arr (3,574 posts) See mini bio

"The point you are making is that if Grayson could fight him on occasions then Bucky should be able to, even though it Dick giving Slade a decent fight isn't consistent with the rest of his showings, so again, that is a weak argument.

Bucky isn't a push over, but he's not in Slade's league."

No , you keep reading the first line of my point then responding , I'm saying if grayson can give him the occasional fight (don't respond yet) then an arguably better fighter with knowledge and prep time should be able to.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lady_liberty

So everyone agrees Slade wins, the question is just how easily?