• 154 results
#1 Edited by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

The Secret Six have been picked off while hunting for Bucky Barnes, aka the Winter Soldier Bane has found him and has to defeat him so that his life may be spared. Winter Soldier is armed with a Ka-Bar knife Bane is on Venom. The battle is located in a large hotel room.

Bucky will not have access to the electrical shock in his arm.

#2 Posted by charlieboy (7153 posts) - - Show Bio

i think bane could probably break bucky's back too.

#3 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@charlieboy said:
"

i think bane could probably break bucky's back too.

"
How? give a reason why.
#4 Posted by charlieboy (7153 posts) - - Show Bio

i am just saying if he gets his hands on  him it is over. i believe bane is much stronger and harder to hurt. i know bucky is a good fighter. but the man has taken down batman.
#5 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@charlieboy said:
" i am just saying if he gets his hands on  him it is over. i believe bane is much stronger and harder to hurt. i know bucky is a good fighter. but the man has taken down batman. "
And Bucky's dropped Ares.
#6 Posted by charlieboy (7153 posts) - - Show Bio

what issue did bucky drop ares?
#7 Posted by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I think an argument could be made for either here.  Bane on venom is extremely hard to drop, despite Bucky having a knife (we've seen him withstand slashes/stabs from Azrael) and his skill cannot be denied. However, Bucky's skill should allow him to compete and he's got the biggest "X" factor in the match...The electrical discharge from his arm.  IMHO these should allow him to survive long enough before going "Screw this" and using the electrical attack from his arm.
Staff
#8 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
" Well, I think an argument could be made for either here.  Bane on venom is extremely hard to drop, despite Bucky having a knife (we've seen him withstand slashes/stabs from Azrael) and his skill cannot be denied. However, Bucky's skill should allow him to compete and he's got the biggest "X" factor in the match...The electrical discharge from his arm.  IMHO these should allow him to survive long enough before going "Screw this" and using the electrical attack from his arm. "
I forgot about the electrical arm..I'm not allowing it.
#9 Posted by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth:
*Spits drink*
Staff
#10 Posted by Dane (10591 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm, well Bane on Venom is a challenge for anyone. I think Bucky *could* do it. He'd have to be right up on his game and go for nerve strikes or use the environment to his advantage though.

#11 Posted by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane said:
"hmm, well Bane on Venom is a challenge for anyone. I think Bucky *could* do it. He'd have to be right up on his game and go for nerve strikes or use the environment to his advantage though. "

I agree with this. 
@geraldthesloth
said:
" @charlieboy said:
" i am just saying if he gets his hands on  him it is over. i believe bane is much stronger and harder to hurt. i know bucky is a good fighter. but the man has taken down batman. "
And Bucky's dropped Ares. "

With a pistol ;)

Staff
#12 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW......Bane off venom could win....on Venom is overkill....=]

#13 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio

Bucky would put Bane to shame.  As Bucky he was a talented scout and government killer, as Winter Soldier he was an all-out assassin.  Bane only beat Batman because he waited for Batman to be completely exhausted, Bucky thrives on physicality.  Bucky would match Bane in technique and use his knife to cut Bane's tendons and send the big'n down for the count.  The bigger they are, the harder they fall.    

#14 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15 said:
" WOW......Bane off venom could win....on Venom is overkill....=] "
How could he win on or off? Bucky is extremely skilled.
#15 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" WOW......Bane off venom could win....on Venom is overkill....=] "
How could he win on or off? Bucky is extremely skilled. "
Indeed he is extremely skilled fighter but Bane when he was off Venom gave to bats a haaaard time.....imagine on venom what he will do to Bucky....=]
#16 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio

With or without venom, Bane gets spanked worse than Black Widow does on a hot date with Bucky.

#17 Edited by SlimJ87D (9354 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have to disagree with a lot of you guys.

Bucky would win this, and it's not because I'm a fan either.

Bucky has superior H2H fighting skills than Bane in my opinion. He has been able to 1 shot Crossbones a few times. Crossbones is a very formidable H2H combatant. Easily taken out the black widow. Stalemated Iron man. And much more I can list. 

He still has his metal arm that could discharge enough electrical current to affect Bane, and with the knife in Bucky's left hand, he can take Bane out. This is something that Batman doesn't have, a metal arm that is probably 10 to 20 times stronger than a normal arm. It can break handcuffs advanced handcuffs. It's already hard to just break handcuffs period. The peak of man can't even break a handcuff, let alone some advanced ones Bucky has been restrained in.

Metal Arm with super strength, electrical discharge and knife takes the win for Bucky.

EDIT: Just read that he doesn't have access to the electrical shock. But it does not matter, as I have given proof enough how strong his arm is. 

Captain America #605
If I did the calculations for you guys, it would result in Bucky's metal arm being much more greater than a factor of 20! His metal arm is the biggest factor in this fight! Besides the handcuffs, it was capable of ripping a good amount of a car from underneath.
#18 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Woohoo! finally a debate!

#19 Posted by FinalStar86 (8681 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D said:
"

Bucky has superior H2H fighting skills than Bane in my opinion. He has been able to 1 shot Crossbones a few times. Crossbones is a very formidable H2H combatant. Easily taken out the black widow. Stalemated Iron man. And much more I can list. 

"
I stopped reading at the bold part
#20 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D said:
"

He still has his metal arm that could discharge enough electrical current to affect Bane, and with the knife in Bucky's left hand, he can take Bane out. This is something that Batman doesn't have, a metal arm that is probably 10 to 20 times stronger than a normal arm. It can break handcuffs advanced handcuffs. It's already hard to just break handcuffs period. The peak of man can't even break a handcuff, let alone some advanced ones Bucky has been restrained in.

Metal Arm with super strength, electrical discharge and knife takes the win for Bucky.

EDIT: Just read that he doesn't have access to the electrical shock. But it does not matter, as I have given proof enough how strong his arm is. 

Captain America #605
If I did the calculations for you guys, it would result in Bucky's metal arm being much more greater than a factor of 20! His metal arm is the biggest factor in this fight! Besides the handcuffs, it was capable of ripping a good amount of a car from underneath. "

I hope you know when something is PIS....=]
#21 Posted by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio

He has been able to 1 shot Crossbones a few times.  

I time Crossbones was already suffering an injury, the other was horrific PIS.  Crossbones takes shots from Rogers' regularly and taunts him back--- you really believe a one-shot from Bucky's REGULAR arm could one-shot him? Unlikely, to say the least.

Stalemated Iron man. And much more I can list.   

And Iron Man who was trying to talk to him and wasn't even utilizing .1% of his abilities. 

He still has his metal arm that could discharge enough electrical current to affect Bane,  

Re-read OP.  He can't use the electrial output.

Staff
#22 Edited by SlimJ87D (9354 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86: 
Yeah, like you're someone of importance.

@spidey 15:
How's it going Spidey. Like I said, his arm has been shown to be consistanly capable of ripping and rupturing metal apart. It would have been PIS if he only has done it once, but he has consistently broken metal with it and even states that he could break hand cuffs no problem as long as they are not laced with adamantium or vibranium. 

If you are talking about PIS for his battles, well against Iron man I do admit that was a bit of PIS, but everything else he has accomplished is not.

@k4tzm4n:  

He has out skilled crossbones in every confrontation. i don't see what is so hard to believe.
#23 Posted by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D:
You said he's ONE-SHOTTED Crossbones like it's a legit feat.  It isn't. 

In one instance he was already suffering a head injury and in the other Bucky did it with his REGULAR arm. Given all of Crossbones showings, those are CLEARLY poorly written.
Staff
#24 Posted by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D:
And you can't even compare a venom-induced Bane and Crossbones.  While their skill-levels could be considered along the same level, Bane is far more durable, faster, stronger, and has a low level healing factor. 
Staff
#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
Bucky could one shot Bane...
#26 Posted by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
Stop trying to start trouble, LOL. 

Dane's output is the most logical so far.  Bucky can win, it will just be a very hard battle.
Staff
#27 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Vance Astro:
Stop trying to start trouble, LOL. 

Dane's output is the most logical so far.  Bucky can win, it will just be a very hard battle. "
I'm not.I'm dead serious.It's not going to be hard for Bucky to beat Bane.He's never done anything that would suggest this would be hard for Bucky.
#28 Edited by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane said:

" hmm, well Bane on Venom is a challenge for anyone. I think Bucky *could* do it. He'd have to be right up on his game and go for nerve strikes or use the environment to his advantage though. "

Why would someone with an vibranium arm have to go for nerve strikes?
#29 Posted by Dane (10591 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Dane said:
" hmm, well Bane on Venom is a challenge for anyone. I think Bucky *could* do it. He'd have to be right up on his game and go for nerve strikes or use the environment to his advantage though. "
Why would someone with an adamantium arm not have to go for nerve strikes? "
Since when did Bucky have an adamantium arm? He got stabbed through that hand in Siege.
#30 Posted by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
So then why couldn't Batman or Jean-Paul Valley even once out of the many fights beat Bane with ease?  

People enjoy pointing to Valley's victory at the end of Knightfall, but they seem to ignore two critical factors: 
A) If not for the modified bat armor he created, he would have been choked out (saved his life by blinding Bane w/ the light) 
B) Bane suffered venom withdrawal and this gave him a mental breakdown during that encounter.  He's since cured that. 

People may also point to his loss against Batman on the pier: 
A) The fight took place directly after Bane survived a gas explosion.  Even at the end, he wasn't KO'd but the rough waters kept them apart.  

Those aside, it took a venom-induced Azrael MULTIPLE attacks and then knocking him off a cliff before being able to KO him.  We've also seen Bane withstand multiple stabbing/slashing attacks while on venom.  To say this is EASY for Bucky is a complete disrespect to Bane, because it won't be easy. Could he win?  Yes. Will it be tough? Hell yes.
Staff
#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Dane said:
Since when did Bucky have an adamantium arm? He got stabbed through that hand in Siege. "
I'm trippin off crack..I don't know.I thought his arm was adamantium or vibranium or something.I must be thinking of Misty Knight.
#32 Posted by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane:
@Vance Astro:  
His hand was also chopped off in Cap: Reborn. Have we ever received an exact figure on the degree of superhuman strength in his bionic arm?
Staff
#33 Posted by Dane (10591 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Dane said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Dane said:
Since when did Bucky have an adamantium arm? He got stabbed through that hand in Siege. "
I'm trippin off crack..I don't know.I thought his arm was adamantium or vibranium or something.I must be thinking of Misty Knight. "
It's probably a strong variety of metal, possibly titanium but it's definitely not an indestructible kind like adamantium.
#34 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Dane:
@Vance Astro:  
His hand was also chopped off in Cap: Reborn. Have we ever received an exact figure on the degree of superhuman strength in his bionic arm? "
He may be no stronger than Wolverine.He's granted a 4 in the handbook which makes him superhuman but superhuman is 800lbs-25 tons I believe.
#35 Posted by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
Ah so around 800lbs.  Honestly, I thought the arm would be slightly stronger---but then again, there are no feats that would support my assumption.
Staff
#36 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Vance Astro:
So then why couldn't Batman or Jean-Paul Valley even once out of the many fights beat Bane with ease?  

People enjoy pointing to Valley's victory at the end of Knightfall, but they seem to ignore two critical factors: 
A) If not for the modified bat armor he created, he would have been choked out (saved his life by blinding Bane w/ the light) 
B) Bane suffered venom withdrawal and this gave him a mental breakdown during that encounter.  He's since cured that. 

A) The fight took place directly after Bane survived a gas explosion.  Even at the end, he wasn't KO'd but the rough waters kept them apart.  

Those aside, it took a venom-induced Azrael MULTIPLE attacks and then knocking him off a cliff before being able to KO him.  We've also seen Bane withstand multiple stabbing/slashing attacks while on venom.  To say this is EASY for Bucky is a complete disrespect to Bane, because it won't be easy. Could he win?  Yes. Will it be tough? Hell yes. "
Well I thought Bucky's arm was something other than what is actually is.I still don't think it would be too hard for him to beat Bane. Why Batman or Azreal can't beat him easily? I don't know..his other feats and or stats don't really add up to someone they WOULDN'T be able to be easily so I don't know. Bane IS a Batman rouge.I mean Crossbones was a match for Cap but now he's Bucky's Taskmaster (get it? Like how Deadpool always easily beats Taskmaster).
#37 Edited by SlimJ87D (9354 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

" @Dane:
@Vance Astro:  
His hand was also chopped off in Cap: Reborn. Have we ever received an exact figure on the degree of superhuman strength in his bionic arm? "

Enough to put him at a 4 rating, which is 800lbs to 25 tons.

Like I said, it's tore through metal effortlessly. In order to even rip a thin piece of sheet metal made of steel takes great strength.
#38 Edited by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

" @Vance Astro: Ah so around 800lbs.  Honestly, I thought the arm would be slightly stronger---but then again, there are no feats that would support my assumption. "

Wolverine's feats would suggest that even HE lifts more than that. 

@k4tzm4n said:

I thought the arm would be slightly stronger---but then again, there are no feats that would support my assumption. "

He did take down that Spider-Slayer and that robot that he fought with Cap.
#39 Posted by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Vance Astro:

Those aside, it took a venom-induced Azrael MULTIPLE attacks and then knocking him off a cliff before being able to KO him.  We've also seen Bane withstand multiple stabbing/slashing attacks while on venom.  To say this is EASY for Bucky is a complete disrespect to Bane, because it won't be easy. Could he win?  Yes. Will it be tough? Hell yes. "
Well I thought Bucky's arm was something other than what is actually is.I still don't think it would be too hard for him to beat Bane. Why Batman or Azreal can't beat him easily? I don't know..his other feats and or stats don't really add up to someone they WOULDN'T be able to be easily so I don't know. Bane IS a Batman rouge.I mean Crossbones was a match for Cap but now he's Bucky's Taskmaster (get it? Like how Deadpool always easily beats Taskmaster). "

Well, I strongly disagree that Bucky would have an easy victory over Bane on venom.  We've seen him take multiple stabs/slashings from Azrael, and keep on pushing forward seemingly fine.  Come to think of it, the only time I've seen Bane on Venom KO'd is when a Superman powered Batman punched through his chest.  All of his feats and stats add up to giving him a good fight for Bats, IMHO.  He's done nothing but train and study his ENTIRE life.  That's literally all the guy did since his birth in prison.  In prison he would regularly face off against numerous opponents.  IIRC, there was an incident in his past...where he was in jail where he killed a group of 30 attacking him (unarmed) before authorities could stop him.  Don't even get me started on Crossbones clearly being sold short, either, LOL
Staff
#40 Posted by Dane (10591 posts) - - Show Bio

Siege: Captain America - his bionic hand gets stabbed through by 'Razor-Fist' literally a guy with swords instead of hands. He only really gets stabbed because he's trying to save a civilian but still. Later Steve Rogers effortlessly shattered one of Razor-Fist's swords with his Shield. This would seemingly imply Razor-Fist's swords were made of standard materials that aren't particularly durable, so Bucky's arm definitely isn't made of anything special.

#41 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

Bucky's not one shotting Bane on venom. Maybe without venom.

#42 Edited by SlimJ87D (9354 posts) - - Show Bio

Well to prove to you guys how strong the arm can possible be,

For the finger tips alone to crush metal gates like paper suggest that it has a strong grib.

To pull a handcuff apart and break it shows a great deal of strength. First off, the position your arms are in are limited for you to gather any strength when you are handcuffed from behind.

Now the tensile strength of steel is 69.6 to 325 KSi, which suggest it can take 69,000 pounds to pull apart a 1 inch area of steel apart.

Even if a handcuff's steel is much smaller than that, it takes an excessive amount of strength to even break apart 1/10 of that, making that about 6,900 pounds of strength from pull at an awkward position in your bodies anatomy. Let it be said that 6,900 pounds is not the weight he can lift over his head, it is the weight he can pull to his left from the center of his body.

This is one of the many estimates I can give for the strength of his arm. Some may claim PIS, I don't, because he has crushed metal covers like they were paper, he has ripped a bottom of a car apart, has broken through handcuffs and stated that he can easily break out of ordinary handcuffs with his metal arm.

I'm not here to start a war, I just believe Bucky can win. It won't be easy obviously, but he can win in my opinion.

#43 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane said:
" Siege: Captain America - his bionic hand gets stabbed through by 'Razor-Fist' literally a guy with swords instead of hands. He only really gets stabbed because he's trying to save a civilian but still. Later Steve Rogers effortlessly shattered one of Razor-Fist's swords with his Shield. This would seemingly imply Razor-Fist's swords were made of standard materials that aren't particularly durable, so Bucky's arm definitely isn't made of anything special. "
Bucky's arm would pretty much have to be made out of aluminum for this to not be PIS.
#44 Posted by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D said:
"Well to prove to you guys how strong the arm can possible be,

For the finger tips alone to crush metal gates like paper suggest that it has a strong grib.

To pull a handcuff apart and break it shows a great deal of strength. First off, the position your arms are in are limited for you to gather any strength when you are handcuffed from behind.

Now the tensile strength of steel is 69.6 to 325 KSi, which suggest it can take 69,000 pounds to pull apart a 1 inch area of steel apart.

Even if a handcuff's steel is much smaller than that, it takes an excessive amount of strength to even break apart 1/10 of that, making that about 6,900 pounds of strength from pull at an awkward position in your bodies geometry. Let it be said that 6,900 pounds is not the weight he can lift over his head, it is the weight he can pull to his left from the enter of his body.

This is one of the many estimates I can give for the strength of his arm. Some may claim PIS, I don't, because he has crushed metal covers like they were paper, he has ripped a bottom of a car apart, has broken through handcuffs and stated that he can easily break out of ordinary handcuffs with his metal arm.

I'm not here to start a war, I just believe Bucky can win. It won't be easy obviously, but he can win in my opinion. "
No one will disagree with you there.  The general opinion has mostly been Bucky can win, but it wouldn't be easy. 
Staff
#45 Posted by SlimJ87D (9354 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Dane said:
" Siege: Captain America - his bionic hand gets stabbed through by 'Razor-Fist' literally a guy with swords instead of hands. He only really gets stabbed because he's trying to save a civilian but still. Later Steve Rogers effortlessly shattered one of Razor-Fist's swords with his Shield. This would seemingly imply Razor-Fist's swords were made of standard materials that aren't particularly durable, so Bucky's arm definitely isn't made of anything special. "
Bucky's arm would pretty much have to be made out of aluminum for this to not be PIS. "
That is very true.
#46 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
Well, I strongly disagree that Bucky would have an easy victory over Bane on venom.  We've seen him take multiple stabs/slashings from Azrael, and keep on pushing forward seemingly fine.  Come to think of it, the only time I've seen Bane on Venom KO'd is when a Superman powered Batman punched through his chest.  All of his feats and stats add up to giving him a good fight for Bats, IMHO.  He's done nothing but train and study his ENTIRE life.  That's literally all the guy did since his birth in prison.  In prison he would regularly face off against numerous opponents.  IIRC, there was an incident in his past...where he was in jail where he killed a group of 30 attacking him (unarmed) before authorities could stop him.  Don't even get me started on Crossbones clearly being sold short, either, LOL "

1.What fighting skill feats does Bane have that add up to him being able to hang with Bats? 
2.Whom else has Bane fought on Venom that has substantial enough strength to knock him out in the first place? 
3.Who was in that prison with Bane that actually makes that a feat?
#47 Posted by Dane (10591 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Dane said:
Bucky's arm would pretty much have to be made out of aluminum for this to not be PIS. "
or it's made of some kind of standard material. Anything but vibranium/adamantium could reasonably be shattered by Cap's shield.
#48 Posted by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
"Bucky's not one shotting Bane on venom. Maybe without venom. "

Even off venom, Bane has some very impressive endurance feats.
Staff
#49 Posted by SlimJ87D (9354 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n: 

Well i hope i was able to shed some light on a possible strength feat for his arm. I believe his arm is the benefactor and without it he wouldn't win a lot of his battles against stronger opponents.
#50 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane said:
or it's made of some kind of standard material. Anything but vibranium/adamantium could reasonably be shattered by Cap's shield. "
You know who else shattered Razor Fist's swords? DD..with his bare hands.I'm doubting stabbing through Bucky's hand is something he can actually pull off.