JLA:
  • Batman
  • Superman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Aquaman
  • Green Lantern (Hal jordan)
  • Flash (Barry Allen)

Fight takes place in an abandoned New York, who wins?
#2 Posted by Clutch (2836 posts) - - Show Bio

The Whole Entire Wildstorm?
Or Just that picture?
Im almost tempted to say WS either way. Haha.

#3 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Negator solos.  
Doctor solos.  

Oh, you mean those guys? Hmmm, need a list. 

Majestic 
Engineer 
Apollo 
Jet 
Grifter 
The High (without powers) 
Hawksmoor 
Rainmaker 
Freefall 
Swift 
Zealot 
possibly Nemesis 
possibly Maul 
Trelane 
Midnighter 

Too many people to make a really accurate decision. 

#4 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

Bunch of good Wildstorm fights right when I have to leave. Hate you guys. Think I'll just say Wildstorm wins before I've had a chance to think and see what it looks like when I get back. 

Wildstorm owns.

#5 Posted by The_Warlord (1777 posts) - - Show Bio
@Clutch said:
" The Whole Entire Wildstorm? Or Just that picture? Im almost tempted to say WS either way. Haha. "
Just the guys on the picture
#6 Posted by Clutch (2836 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh,thats kind of a toss up for me personally.
I'll say Wildstorm still.

#7 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
 Too many people to make a really accurate decision.  "
i'm on the same boat, i think most of x-men, batman, avengers are pretty much out of the fight pretty quick, not sure about WSU characters tho
#8 Edited by Dark Noldor (547 posts) - - Show Bio

If you put raw pure power into question, I think Wildstorm has a little advantage, 'cause it´s Hulk, Thor, Superman and Wonder Woman, with Colossus and Miss Marvel as a B series class of power, against Apolo, Mr. Majestic, Spartan, The Maul, The High (of course before Number of the Beast events), you can say Hawksmoor too;
While the fight for power is over, the remaining fighters:
Iron Man and Cyclops beats Fuji
Emma Frost and J'onn beats Jackson King 
Midnighter, Swift and Engineer beats Batman, Green Lantern and Spider-Man
Storm, Ice Man, Beast, Flash, Aquaman, Wolverine, Wasp, Yellowjacket and Black Panther take care of the rest (Warblade, Zealot, Rainmaker, Grifter etc).

So, after the main character of Ws beats up the powerguns of DC/Marvel, there would be no problem finishing off the guys that were standing still.
It´s a pity, but I think Wildstorm would win this.

#9 Posted by The_Warlord (1777 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Noldor:  MM can ptich in  in the raw power category
#10 Edited by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

Raw power's not all it's about, but lemme try and list the power characters on both sides:

WS

Apollo

Maul

Majestic

Battalion (can psionically amp his stats to Maj levels)

Spartan

The High

Hawksmoor (city suit)

The Engineer (she is the Carrier now)

Nemesis (not actually strong but her shields give awesome defense and her swords beat everything) 

Other (think I was a little generous with the Marvel characters)

Mrs Marvel

Thor

Hulk

Superman

Wonder Woman

Martian Manhunter

Aquaman

Flash

Green Lantern 

In a comic this is a good fight, but really it’s decided by the big guys and no one else matters. I mean, Grifter and Beast mean nothing in this fight. I’m thinking that there may be too many characters with speed on the mixed team and Majestic, The High and Spartan can’t deal with them all. For the Wildstorm team to win they’d probably have to keep the Engineer alive until she can rewind time to bring back most of the Wildstorm characters who would die in like the first second. A lineup of the characters that can fight at high speeds (deciding how the battle goes) would like this: 

WS

Majestic

Spartan

The High 

Other

Superman

Wonder Woman

Martian Manhunter

Flash 

That is not a fight the Wildstorm team can win (though holding them off for the Engineer to work is probably possible) mainly because of Martian Manhunter. The very best plan would probably be for Maj and Spartan to each grab one of Nemesis’ swords before they engage the enemy. That way any exchange with the JLA big guns can be ended in one attack instead of a prolonged fight that puts them in a worse position, and it may be the only thing the three of them can use that could take down J’onn.

If the fight goes beyond these 7 and speed is no longer an issue, it’s still a tough fight, but I want to say WS wins it.

#11 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm, interesting break down here indeed
#12 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

The more I think about it (never a good thing), the more I think the Wildstorm team could win the first-second-fight. With speed and strength roughly equal, Majestic and Spartan are more skilled than Superman, Flash, Martian Manhunter and probably Wonder Woman, they both have psychic defenses against MM, and with his speed no longer an advantage, they overpower the Flash, and the High is good for numbers. Majestic could engage Superman and Wonder Woman at once, The High could take on Flash, and Spartan (he's got the best psychic defense since he's a robot) could go after MM. The swords cut through anything, even reality warpers (and seemingly on a conceptual level so they can't put themselves back together) so I think they could cut MM even if he phased. That's speculation though.

#13 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot: This is a tough match, but did I miss an issue of John showing his speed? Not saying your wrong, but what makes John able to keep up with Barry here?
#14 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot:
were you referring to maj's sword or nemesis's sword? or are they same, i'm getting confused now, lol
#15 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc: In Number of the Beast he was chucking asteroids at Skywatch (which is in low Earth orbit) from beyond the kuiper belt and was able to get there from Skywatch and from there to Skywatch in seconds, if that. If The High can't keep up with Flash, Majestic will just have to take three of them at once. Shouldn't be impossible though. I see it as 1 guy with great fighting skills and a sword that cuts through anything vs 3 people where only one of the three has real fighting skills.

@capall:
I was thinking Nemesis' sword, but his own sword should be good if it's good enough to hurt him.
#16 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

ah, already then
#17 Posted by drkhwk2001 (4433 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm taking WS in this one.

#18 Edited by ThanosIsMad (2198 posts) - - Show Bio

Majestic could practically solo himself.  Prime tanked through several of DCU's heavy hitters, so Majestic can easily take on Thor, Hulk, Wonder Woman, Superman, and Martian Manhunter and hold his own.  Toss in The High, Apollo, Hawksmoor, and Spartan, then team 2's heavy hitters are gone quickly.  Everyone else will just fall by the wayside right after.

#19 Posted by jacobyLIVE (1828 posts) - - Show Bio

Wildstorm. They're powerhouses outweigh the teams by far. No planet-movers on the Marvel/DC team ( I know MM, WW, and Supes moved a planet before. But that was all together. Mister Majestic did it solo). But Wildstorm still has the Doctor. And Midnighter, who can take out a good number of the team on his own. 

#20 Posted by Clutch (2836 posts) - - Show Bio

Wildstorm simply wins.
Apollo,Majestic,Doctor.
Nuff Said.

#21 Edited by zwatcher (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I love marvel to pieces but frankly wildstorm would eat marvel and d.c. alive

it's like putting veteran marines against part time national guard units

wildstorm are WARRIOR with killer instincts and lot's of experience with putting down powerful opponents with extreme prejudice

marvel and D.C. are heroes they don't have the killer instinct and will waste time trying to incapacitate without killing

majestic will literally slap the heads off half the Marvel/D.C. crew before they know what hit them

yeah flash is fast but when he gets cloths lined at speed by maj, spartan, the high or even hawksmore

SPLAT

#22 Edited by New_World_Order (12897 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool fight.

#23 Posted by Saren (25558 posts) - - Show Bio

Most recent versions, Swift solos by blinking.

Moderator Online
#24 Posted by Hyperlight (5687 posts) - - Show Bio

wildstorm

#25 Posted by TDK_1997 (14648 posts) - - Show Bio

Wildstorm owns.

#26 Edited by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

When I saw this thread had gotten bumped that was my first thought. I assume this fight was made when that double cover for Wildstorm came out, before she became a Doctor because otherwise I would have mentioned it the first go round.

EDIT: I've thought for a while that the post World's End Authority was pretty beastly. Angie/Carrier, Dr. Swift, Midnighter, Apollo and Jack Hawksmoor. The surviving members were basically streamlined, getting rid of the weak bits. Swift is no longer useless and The Doctor's powers are no longer controlled by a drug addict. When the weakest character on the team is Midnighter, that's pretty serious. The only thing they really lack is pure speed, but it's compensated for.

#27 Posted by Saren (25558 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot said:

@CitizenBane said:

When I saw this thread had gotten bumped that was my first thought. I assume this fight was made when that double cover for Wildstorm came out, before she became a Doctor because otherwise I would have mentioned it the first go round.

Yeah, I saw Fuji was still in his Engineer-nanites look in that pic, so I was wondering whether Doctor Swift was applicable here or not.

Moderator Online
#28 Posted by comic_book_fan (5521 posts) - - Show Bio

bump