Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@beatboks1 said:
" @comicdude23 said:
" @beatboks1:
Read the OP, no poison "
Could have sworn that wasn't the way I read it but I haven't checked the OP since my first post. Though I have, I thought mentioned poisons a couple of times (unless some were on other threads) and not been pulled up. Without poisons that does shift it a little toward Ted. So much of Cheshire's fighting style is based on her poison nails without them she can't really even fight in her natural style or form. It's not spite but makes it unfair, it would be like taking away Ted's fists for the fight. Not to mention completely out of character. Why would Cheshire even fight if so restricted. "

Err i said no poison from the begenning, ok, Cheshire has poison nails theb
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By beatboks1
@Silver2467 said:
" @beatboks1: If I misunderstood or assumed your intentions, I apologize. I never meant to. My only point is that some of her fights have had situational factors that would not apply in a straightforward fight, such as presented in this thread. I also never disputed the fact that Cheshire can beat Wildcat (I said the very opposite, in fact).   As to Slade, when you say in the Titans, are you referring to the recent Titans volume or the late 90s to early 2000s volume? Because I never remembered them fighting in the previous volume (without help from Grodd, that is). If it is the more recent Titans volume, I have not been following that very closely. I think I went through the first story arc, and it just put me off. So if that is what you were mentioning, I would have little knowledge of those fights.  "
I stopped collecting the Titans in about 90/1 (one of my two 5 year drop out of comics when they turned crap the other being in 2001) so I'd say between 82/3 (Cheshire's debut IIRC) and then. They were (agian relying on memory, if I get a chance I'll try an track down some of my old titans but that will have to be in a month or so it's our busy season at work - though come to think of it they're all Australian Murray publisher reprints so that would mean the actual US issues were a couple of years earlier , except the spotlight on that is I'm pretty sure that was never done as a reprint but as a direct import)
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Silver2467
@beatboks1 said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @beatboks1: If I misunderstood or assumed your intentions, I apologize. I never meant to. My only point is that some of her fights have had situational factors that would not apply in a straightforward fight, such as presented in this thread. I also never disputed the fact that Cheshire can beat Wildcat (I said the very opposite, in fact).   As to Slade, when you say in the Titans, are you referring to the recent Titans volume or the late 90s to early 2000s volume? Because I never remembered them fighting in the previous volume (without help from Grodd, that is). If it is the more recent Titans volume, I have not been following that very closely. I think I went through the first story arc, and it just put me off. So if that is what you were mentioning, I would have little knowledge of those fights.  "
I stopped collecting the Titans in about 90/1 (one of my two 5 year drop out of comics when they turned crap the other being in 2001) so I'd say between 82/3 (Cheshire's debut IIRC) and then. They were (agian relying on memory, if I get a chance I'll try an track down some of my old titans but that will have to be in a month or so it's our busy season at work - though come to think of it they're all Australian Murray publisher reprints so that would mean the actual US issues were a couple of years earlier , except the spotlight on that is I'm pretty sure that was never done as a reprint but as a direct import) "
Alright. Not sure I remember these, but I might look them up. Thanks for the info.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By velle37

@Zoom said:

"Did Gail Simone write the issue where Cheshire lost to Black Canary?  ^_^ "

Of course. 

@comicdude23 said:

"@Silver2467:
the Cheshire/Canary fight wasn't PIS IMO, Canary has fought Shiva and Cass to a still, right? "

No.        
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

No poison fingers