mkdeadpool2 said:
"captain america
"

#9 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve Rogers

#10 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"Steve Rogers"

Did you just lose a connection while you were on comicvine.
#11 Posted by One-Above-You (1907 posts) - - Show Bio
brainiac 1.0 said:
"SeSAW said:
"Steve Rogers"

Did you just lose a connection while you were on comicvine."
I did.
#12 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio

captain america, curbstomp

#13 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"captain america, curbstomp"

But wildcat is a good fighter guys.
#14 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio
brainiac 1.0 said:
"Nighthunter said:

But wildcat is a good fighter guys."

I know he is a good fighter, but wouldn't put him in even "peak human" statue while Captain America is way above that level.

Besides Wildcat only has his fighting skills against someone who is faster, stronger and possibly a better fighter himself, besides he has his shield

#15 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

I would not go so far as too call this a curbstomp but regardless Captain America wins this

#16 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio
Captain America will win this fight
#17 Posted by xXi0RIXx (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

cap would OWNNNNNNNNNN

#18 Posted by aloe vera (283 posts) - - Show Bio

captain americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :-)

"do you think this A on my head stands for France?!?"

#19 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio
aloe vera said:
"

captain americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :-)

"do you think this A on my head stands for France?!?"

"

Do you.
#20 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Wildcat is a World class boxer and tough ass fighter but thats not enough to hang with the peak human cap whos far more versed in various combat styles plus the Shield so Wild cat goes do in round 1

#21 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter said:
" brainiac 1.0 said:
"Nighthunter said:

But wildcat is a good fighter guys."

I know he is a good fighter, but wouldn't put him in even "peak human" statue while Captain America is way above that level.

Besides Wildcat only has his fighting skills against someone who is faster, stronger and possibly a better fighter himself, besides he has his shield

"
I think wild cat is probably just as strong as Captain America actually, and regularly puts down meta's with his MA skills. If Cap doesn't have his shield, I don't think this is a curbstomp
#22 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Steven

#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America wins.He's the more skilled fighter,the better tactician,he has the better track record in combat,and is more versatile in style and skill.

#24 Posted by Lunacyde (17632 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve Rogers

#25 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Captain America wins.He's the more skilled fighter,the better tactician,he has the better track record in combat,and is more versatile in style and skill. "
#26 Posted by Ferro Vida (34597 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper: Cap can bench press 1.1 tons, so I don't think Wildcat is as strong as him.
#27 Posted by Lunacyde (17632 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida: Really I thought it was 2 tons...shows what I know.
#28 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

He was working out with 1,100 pounds, from what I remember of the scan/comic it was not a maxed bench press.

#29 Posted by Lunacyde (17632 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne: Strenght is measured in military press in the Marvel Universe last time I checked :P
#30 Posted by Ferro Vida (34597 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne: It's the best measure we have of exactly how much he can lift, and I'd also like to point out that he wasn't even sweating in that panel :P So he could very well be two tons.
#31 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

We do see him sweating while he curls 500 pounds. Also working out with that weight, and after an extensive workout including acrobatics, etc.

#32 Posted by Lunacyde (17632 posts) - - Show Bio

But strength is measured by Military press in the Marvel Universe :P

#33 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde said:
" But strength is measured by Military press in the Marvel Universe :P "
lol
Showings he would well exceed the 1-2 ton mark. IMO
#34 Posted by Lunacyde (17632 posts) - - Show Bio

I am just saying you don't necessarily want to throw out a feat of him benching and compar eit to another characters strength level because they are usually military press :)

#35 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde: But that is why I have a butt load of other scans that are even more impressive. ;)
lol
#36 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" @vuviper: Cap can bench press 1.1 tons, so I don't think Wildcat is as strong as him. "
Wildcat's pretty strong, able to beat down grundy creeper and other meta's
#37 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

If this was a boxing fight I'd go with Wildcat by a hair, but since it's not. Cap wins the majority.

#38 Posted by Lunacyde (17632 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne:  Lol I am not arguing...I agree :)
#39 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baldy said:
" If this was a boxing fight I'd go with Wildcat by a hair, but since it's not. Cap wins the majority. "
We actually have a battle thread between these two that is just a Boxing match. 

@vuviper: If we're using his fight against Grundy, the same one who has given Supes and others a run for their money then you might as well count all of Caps showings against Hulk, Onslaught etc
#40 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
" @Baldy said:
" If this was a boxing fight I'd go with Wildcat by a hair, but since it's not. Cap wins the majority. "
We actually have a battle thread between these two that is just a Boxing match. 

@vuviper: If we're using his fight against Grundy, the same one who has given Supes and others a run for their money then you might as well count all of Caps showings against Hulk, Onslaught etc "
if you don't count grundy there are still plenty of other showings against metas like creeper(who's basically spiderman level)  hawman etc. I was unaware that we don't count Cap's showings against Hulk. But being able to hold open a crocodile's jaw is really the feat strength. 

btw I'm not trying to argue that Wildcat wins, I think he loses too, I just don't think it's a curbstomp and I don't think CA is much stronger.
#41 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
" @vuviper: If we're using his fight against Grundy, the same one who has given Supes and others a run for their money...
Grundy isn't always on Superman's level. His physical stats fluctuate every time he's resurrected, and sometimes, to the point where he could be hurt by street levelers.. Batman has beaten him down twice (legitimately). Wildcat, too.
#42 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper: I don't think that he is greatly stronger than Wildcat, but there is a difference between them in terms of strength.
As for Caps showings against the Hulk, yeah most view them as hardcore PIS. No matter how often he has done it.

Cap as well has impressive showings against other metas. Spider-man (and even when Spidey has his Iron Suit on), the members of the Wrecking Crew, Nightmare, Loki, Kang. The list goes on.

In a all things go Cap has his shield, I don't see him losing to Wildcat at all.
In a strictly boxing match it is considerably closer and could go either way.
In a all out fight with no weapons Cap would win a heavy margin again. His knoweldge of more than just Boxing would be pivotal. From his mixed martial arts, to pressure points etc.
#43 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: So I've heard, but when the match up was brought up (In another thread, no here) it was implied of his 'level' being up there.
#44 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
" @Static Shock: So I've heard, but when the match up was brought up (In another thread, no here) it was implied of his 'level' being up there. "
If that were the case, then Wildcat would have never been able to beat him.
#45 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: Agreed, which is why when that was stated in the other thread it was called BS. It was just another example of certain users distorting the truth to make events more appealing for their case.
#46 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
" @Static Shock: Agreed, which is why when that was stated in the other thread it was called BS. It was just another example of certain users distorting the truth to make events more appealing for their case. "
Exactly. Of course, Grundy has had his fair share of showings against Superman, Wonder Woman, Power Girl, and Red Tornado, but low showings against Batman, Wildcat, and Mr. Terrific (IIRC). It's just a part of his character to go up and down in physicality.
#47 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Wildcat was able to knock out Spoiler when she was invisible *runs away*

#48 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL

#49 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

@Andferne said:

In a all things go Cap has his shield, I don't see him losing to Wildcat at all. 

I agree

In a strictly boxing match it is considerably closer and could go either way. 

Sure, but I'd lean toward Wildcat

In a all out fight with no weapons Cap would win a heavy margin again. His knoweldge of more than just Boxing would be pivotal. From his mixed martial arts, to pressure points etc.

I agree but I want to point out that wildcat is actually a master of several martial arts as well, muai tai, krav maga, capoiera, hapkido etc. Also he seems to have pretty good knowledge of pressue points
#50 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:

"  I agree but I want to point out that wildcat is actually a master of several martial arts as well, muai tai, krav maga, capoiera, hapkido etc. Also he seems to have pretty good knowledge of pressue points "

I remember when he had to use one on Grundy (when he was powered up in a different fight that took a team effort)