• 58 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Empurios (104 posts) - - Show Bio

first off i like both

thor wins

1 magic hammer ( can shoot blast', absorb the yellow sun energy from supes etc)

2 better fighting skills

3 teleport him to a place w/ a red sun

4 Rune Magick & Odin Force (i just like it better when spelled w/ a "k")

#2 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Empurios said:

first off i like both

thor wins

1 magic hammer ( can shoot blast', absorb the yellow sun energy from supes etc)

2 better fighting skills

3 teleport him to a place w/ a red sun

4 Rune Magick & Odin Force (i just like it better when spelled w/ a "k")

All of this just makes me think your a fanboy with little knowledge of comics, superman wins.

#3 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (27588 posts) - - Show Bio

Flagged this crap has been done to many times....

#4 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

in essence this is another Superman vs Thor thread, which has been done many times.

#5 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Empurios said:

first off i like both

thor wins

1 magic hammer ( can shoot blast', absorb the yellow sun energy from supes etc)

2 better fighting skills

3 teleport him to a place w/ a red sun

4 Rune Magick & Odin Force (i just like it better when spelled w/ a "k")

No idea who Superman is, I see

#6 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

You're gonna have to do better than this bro

#7 Posted by MB25 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a battle

#8 Posted by Immortal777 (7801 posts) - - Show Bio

@Empurios said:

first off i like both

thor wins

1 magic hammer ( can shoot blast', absorb the yellow sun energy from supes etc)

2 better fighting skills

3 teleport him to a place w/ a red sun

4 Rune Magick & Odin Force (i just like it better when spelled w/ a "k")

#9 Posted by IZZR (4283 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell is this

#10 Posted by SoA (5351 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@Empurios:

@ChaosBlazer:

@FourthDeity:

@icysloth:

Why is it no one can politely tell the guy "sorry, it has been done too many times, I see you're new around, welcome but use the search function next time. Thanks".

Who needs "fanboy", "crap" and other contemptuous remarks. Just because this is the Internet you don't have to be rude and full of contempt.

#12 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3574 posts) - - Show Bio

@Empurios said:

first off i like both

thor wins

1 magic hammer ( can shoot blast', absorb the yellow sun energy from supes etc)

2 better fighting skills

3 teleport him to a place w/ a red sun

4 Rune Magick & Odin Force (i just like it better when spelled w/ a "k")

And Juggernaut beats Thor for Superman.

#13 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

@Empurios:

@ChaosBlazer:

@FourthDeity:

@icysloth:

Why is it no one can politely tell the guy "sorry, it has been done too many times, I see you're new around, welcome but use the search function next time. Thanks".

Who needs "fanboy", "crap" and other contemptuous remarks. Just because this is the Internet you don't have to be rude and full of contempt.

Absolutely.

#14 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20464 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done before. Read the rules next time.

Welcome to The Vine though.

"Be water my friend"

#15 Edited by XImpossibruX (5311 posts) - - Show Bio

@icysloth said:

@Empurios said:

first off i like both

thor wins

1 magic hammer ( can shoot blast', absorb the yellow sun energy from supes etc)

2 better fighting skills

3 teleport him to a place w/ a red sun

4 Rune Magick & Odin Force (i just like it better when spelled w/ a "k")

All of this just makes me think your a fanboy with little knowledge of comics, superman wins.

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Flagged this crap has been done to many times....

@IZZR said:

What the hell is this

C'mon guys he's new....

Welcome to the Vine !

#16 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (27588 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

@Empurios:

@ChaosBlazer:

@FourthDeity:

@icysloth:

Why is it no one can politely tell the guy "sorry, it has been done too many times, I see you're new around, welcome but use the search function next time. Thanks".

Who needs "fanboy", "crap" and other contemptuous remarks. Just because this is the Internet you don't have to be rude and full of contempt.

When I said it I meant the match Superman vs Thor in general. Still not nowhere near Superman Vs Goku that is another story....

#17 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (27588 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@icysloth said:

@Empurios said:

first off i like both

thor wins

1 magic hammer ( can shoot blast', absorb the yellow sun energy from supes etc)

2 better fighting skills

3 teleport him to a place w/ a red sun

4 Rune Magick & Odin Force (i just like it better when spelled w/ a "k")

All of this just makes me think your a fanboy with little knowledge of comics, superman wins.

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Flagged this crap has been done to many times....

@IZZR said:

What the hell is this

C'mon guys he's new....

Welcome to the Vine !

I was talking about Superman vs Thor in general. No disrespect to the Viner.

#18 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

@Empurios:

@ChaosBlazer:

@FourthDeity:

@icysloth:

Why is it no one can politely tell the guy "sorry, it has been done too many times, I see you're new around, welcome but use the search function next time. Thanks".

Who needs "fanboy", "crap" and other contemptuous remarks. Just because this is the Internet you don't have to be rude and full of contempt.

when was I being rude? All I said was 'this has been done many times.'

#19 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer: Yep, sorry, I just replied to everyone.

#20 Posted by Shawnbaby (10871 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

@Empurios:

@ChaosBlazer:

@FourthDeity:

@icysloth:

Why is it no one can politely tell the guy "sorry, it has been done too many times, I see you're new around, welcome but use the search function next time. Thanks".

Who needs "fanboy", "crap" and other contemptuous remarks. Just because this is the Internet you don't have to be rude and full of contempt.

Why is it so difficult for people to read the stickied posts that clearly state "New Users read First", and "MANDATORY READING BEFORE POSTING"? They're right there at the top of the page.

Those posts are there for a reason. If the new people would read them before making their battles...Then they wouldn't be exposed to all the "rudeness and contempt"

#21 Posted by Fetts (4580 posts) - - Show Bio

I think either one could win. I'm not going to get into debate about it. But for the record, this: @SoA said:

is absolute bullshit. I agree that Superman could win, but the way he won in that crossover was BS. If he actually tried to block that hit from Thor he'd go down hard. He's just as vulnerable to magic as anybody else. There's no way in hell he could block a hit from Mjolnir, let alone hold it.
#22 Posted by Shawnbaby (10871 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts said:

I think either one could win. I'm not going to get into debate about it. But for the record, this: @SoA said:
is absolute bullshit. I agree that Superman could win, but the way he won in that crossover was BS. If he actually tried to block that hit from Thor he'd go down hard. He's just as vulnerable to magic as anybody else. There's no way in hell he could block a hit from Mjolnir, let alone hold it.

Woooh...watch the language partner.

#23 Posted by SoA (5351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts: lol im sorry but even though they are both overpowered i feel thor is the most overrated .

#24 Posted by Fetts (4580 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shawnbaby: Language? I'll show you language! 
 
Jk. Sorry if I've offended anybody.
#25 Posted by Fetts (4580 posts) - - Show Bio
@SoA: I feel like Thor is often underrated as well imo. 
#26 Posted by SoA (5351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Empurios: everyone is right on two counts

1.this has been done to death

2. you are new so, welcome to comicvine !

#27 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@DocFatalis said:

@Empurios:

@ChaosBlazer:

@FourthDeity:

@icysloth:

Why is it no one can politely tell the guy "sorry, it has been done too many times, I see you're new around, welcome but use the search function next time. Thanks".

Who needs "fanboy", "crap" and other contemptuous remarks. Just because this is the Internet you don't have to be rude and full of contempt.

Why is it so difficult for people to read the stickied posts that clearly state "New Users read First", and "MANDATORY READING BEFORE POSTING"? They're right there at the top of the page.

Those posts are there for a reason. If the new people would read them before making their battles...Then they wouldn't be exposed to all the "rudeness and contempt"

GOKU DOES NOT BEAT SUPERMANRARGH111!!!1

#28 Posted by XImpossibruX (5311 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines:

DONT LET THIS COMMENCE INTO A SH*TSTORM I'M JOKING D:

AHHH WHAT HAVE I DONE?

#29 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

I think...honestly, without being a fanboy or anything, that Thor was Marvel's answer to Superman, this awesomely overpowered hero...but then Marvel used him ALL THE FREAKIN TIME to put other heroes over and made him a whipping boy, which kinda sucks actually. It's standard practice, you wanna make a superhero strong in no time? have him or her beat Thor.

Pretty lame, Thor is actually a cool character.

#30 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@Jayfournines:

DONT LET THIS COMMENCE INTO A SH*TSTORM I'M JOKING D:

AHHH WHAT HAVE I DONE?

you n me, fisticuffs, after school! >=(

#31 Posted by XImpossibruX (5311 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines:

Bring it on!

#32 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts: I algo agree that the way Superman beat Thor in that crossover was lazy ass writing. Pure BS.

#33 Posted by SoA (5351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts: yes and no. everyone seems to pull that rune king /odin force crap everytime thor may go down in a debate.i put it as ,as far as he is fighting monsters,demons, cosmic threats then yes he should be able to demolish them . but as a superhero he gets knocked down by people who shouldnt beat him down. many of the overpowered heroes left the avengers (or never were)because being there makes no sense: nova, quasar, silver surfer,hulk. thor should be among them and yes back in the day he fought ego and once every few years he fights galactus .

to me beta ray bill fills in the shoes for cosmic defender , and they have him teamed up with 3 of the above mentioned heroes. siege is a great example of what i mean. thor got beaten by the u-foes and norman osborn and moonstone. few issues later he summons a god blast that incinerates sentry. if he had this power he should've mopped the floor with his earlier assailants. and then have a big all out fight . and idc what the reasoning . sentry allowing himself to get killed is not the same as thor defeating him.

and with marvel NOW it could build him up or hurt him more . dude has two swords along with mjolnir . nuff said.

#34 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor cannot beat Superman... Supermans to fast and strong for him.

#35 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is physically stronger than Thor, and much, much faster, and quite a bit more durable. I just don't see Thor putting him down. Ever. In any way.

Welcome to the vine though.

#36 Posted by Awesomecris88 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins... Superman is super weak against magic And superman was holding the hammer n the shield cuz they were working together Plus Thor is a better read than superman or action comics

#37 Posted by TheCannon (19573 posts) - - Show Bio

@Empurios said:

first off i like both

thor wins

1 magic hammer ( can shoot blast', absorb the yellow sun energy from supes etc)

2 better fighting skills

3 teleport him to a place w/ a red sun

4 Rune Magick & Odin Force (i just like it better when spelled w/ a "k")

Finally, someone using logic.

#38 Posted by Shawnbaby (10871 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

@Fetts: yes and no. everyone seems to pull that rune king /odin force crap everytime thor may go down in a debate.i put it as ,as far as he is fighting monsters,demons, cosmic threats then yes he should be able to demolish them . but as a superhero he gets knocked down by people who shouldnt beat him down. many of the overpowered heroes left the avengers (or never were)because being there makes no sense: nova, quasar, silver surfer,hulk. thor should be among them and yes back in the day he fought ego and once every few years he fights galactus .

to me beta ray bill fills in the shoes for cosmic defender , and they have him teamed up with 3 of the above mentioned heroes. siege is a great example of what i mean. thor got beaten by the u-foes and norman osborn and moonstone. few issues later he summons a god blast that incinerates sentry. if he had this power he should've mopped the floor with his earlier assailants. and then have a big all out fight . and idc what the reasoning . sentry allowing himself to get killed is not the same as thor defeating him.

and with marvel NOW it could build him up or hurt him more . dude has two swords along with mjolnir . nuff said.

to be fair superman gets knocked around by people that shouldnt be able to either. Most of that for both of them is just bad writing.

#39 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Empurios said:

first off i like both

thor wins

1 magic hammer ( can shoot blast', absorb the yellow sun energy from supes etc)

2 better fighting skills

3 teleport him to a place w/ a red sun

4 Rune Magick & Odin Force (i just like it better when spelled w/ a "k")

1. Magic isn't his Kryptonite. Because.....you guessed it, kryptonite's his kryptonite.

2. Thor doesn't really possess that much fighting skill. Even though he's had a thousand years to learn how to fight, he's still just a brute. Superman's been trained by Wildcat and some other people (do you expect me to remember everything?) so he's probably a better fighter than Thor.

3. That's nothing he would do in character. Also, Supes is fast enough that he could get out of reach from the radiation pretty quickly.

4. That's just stupid. Regular Thor has none of this.

#40 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@Awesomecris88 said:

Thor wins... Superman is super weak against magic And superman was holding the hammer n the shield cuz they were working together Plus Thor is a better read than superman or action comics

Last part is a matter of opinion.

Also, while its often stated that Superman is weak against magic, I'm not really sure that's quantified. Pretty much everyone is vulnerable to magic... if Superman is somehow more vulnerable (which makes no sense) then it must not be by much, as he's been shown several times to be affected by magic... exactly the same way that everyone around him is.

#41 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate how everyone makes it seem like magic has the same effect on superman as kryptonite.

#42 Posted by laflux (17569 posts) - - Show Bio

been done. Welcome to the vine though

Online
#43 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (614 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19 said:

i hate how everyone makes it seem like magic has the same effect on superman as kryptonite.

Because it can. Magic = Anything can happen. That's why it's called magic.

#44 Edited by Dextersinister (6639 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor only has very fast flight speeds and no showings of reaction times that would put him on Supes level.

Like most threads it ends with Speedblitz.

#45 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSecondOpinion: magic doesnt make superman rapidly lose his power level. his durability just doesnt block its attacks as easily which would make him just as vulnerable to it as any other human.

#46 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (614 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19 said:

@TheSecondOpinion: magic doesnt make superman rapidly lose his power level. his durability just doesnt block its attacks as easily which would make him just as vulnerable to it as any other human.

It depends on how powerful the caster and his will to invoke what ever effect he wishes to happen.

#47 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19 said:

i hate how everyone makes it seem like magic has the same effect on superman as kryptonite.

very true. sometimes people say 'captain marvel beats superman because he is powered by magic....' Facepalm. lol

#48 Posted by XImpossibruX (5311 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer said:

@Eternal19 said:

i hate how everyone makes it seem like magic has the same effect on superman as kryptonite.

very true. sometimes people say 'captain marvel beats superman because he is powered by magic....' Facepalm. lol

Well he does have Super speed, Strength durability ect. + Magic.

#49 Posted by TheGraySon (457 posts) - - Show Bio

why Thor beats Superman

He doesnt.

#50 Posted by throughmyeyez (501 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, in all seriousness, fanboyish bull**** set aside, Rune King Thor legitally beats any version of Superman.