Why I am a fangirl (Final Fantasy 7)

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By TifaLockhart

Forgive me for the scattered-ness of this blog. I truly believe Final Fantasy 7 characters can compete with say, Wonder Woman or Iron Man. I'm being dead serious. And here's why I have this unpopular opinion which I cannot prove. (yarr, thar be spoilers ahead)

1. The buster sword. Not only does the manual say it cleaves nearly anything in two (hyperbole, but still) but it would take someone strong to wield it like that. The official strategy guide says Tifa hits with the force of a nuclear explosion and that Barrett can punch opponents into orbit. He at least punches Biggs to the ceiling literally early in the game. Sephiroth's Masamune is said to maul anything and everything in Ehrgeiz. It breaks standard issue SOLDIER swords, but not the buster sword or the first sword. Cloud kills Bahamut Sin, and displays good leaping ability. Yuffie scales a building.

2. Cloud matches strength with a guy who killed a snake 10 yards long and about as thick as a tree and left it impaled on a whittled tree. Cloud matches strength with a guy who slays dragons with ease (technically gameplay, but it's scripted). In Advent Children, Sephiroth even remarks about how Cloud has newfound strength. And the swords slice cleanly through buildings. Heck, during VR training, Sephiroth's Masamune stands up to Genesis' flaming sword, and he slices the Sister Ray (and the simulations are so lifelike that people risk their real lives by going in).

3. Materia and limit breaks have been showcased (with the exception of Meteorain) in Advent Children. Moreover, Loz is definitely superstrong. He felled a tree, caused a quake, and stopped a motorcyle. Sephiroth's plan is to ride the cosmos using the planet as his ship, and continuing his "mother's" mission of destroying planets. Dissidia says he has more than enough power to do so. He summons black clouds the extent of which is unknown.

4. Kingdom Hearts. While not canon, Tifa shakes Hollow Bastion with a punch. Cloud and Sephiroth go at it DBZ-style, and it's implied that they're not from Radiant Garden. Hades thinks so highly of Cloud that he hires him to assassinate Hercules. And I bet he could. Sephiroth is an optional boss and he's quite the beast.

5. Guards clearly run after Cloud during the reactor bombing mission. Cloud wipes the floor with the armed MPs, oneshotting them and laughing off the bullets at level 6 of 99. I find that easier to swallow than the alternative. You'd think they'd guard a reactor with competent, armed guards. While we're on the subject of bullets, Zack takes on a Shinra battalion and decimates most of it before succumbing to being riddled with an absurd amount of damage in Crisis Core. Zack slices missiles in half, defusing them. He also destroys the door to Jenova.

6. As far as story-based feats, Sephiroth displays telekinesis, shape change, and possibly astral projection. He erects a forcefield so tough the Highwind can't break through and it takes the Sister Ray with the power of Midgar to destroy it (after it kills Diamond Weapon, arguably FF7's version of the Juggernaut).

7. Supernova.

8. Cloud can summon Odin and Hades (I realize they're most likely weaker than other versions, but still).

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tron_bonne

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BringnIt

Cloud is my boy, but I don't see him taking Wonder Woman simply due to the speed difference. I'd definitely take him over Marvel street levelers and possibly against Iron Man.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By nefarious

Not a battle.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

My favourite game of all time... yet I till haven't finished it *shakes fist in the air at the golden chocobos*

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Trodorne

I remember playing the game years ago when I was younger all the way up to 15, and the game is GOOD at best, but i find the story and most of the characters to be over rated.