Who's the King? King Ghidorah vs King Caesar

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

This battle was suggested by my 8-year-old son.

King Ghidorah vs King Caesar (his link leads only to movie version)

Round 1: IDW versions

Round 2: combined movie versions

Battle takes place in the Australia outback, with each combatant starting 300' apart.

Win by KO, incap, or death.

Who wins and why?

King Ghidorah
King Ghidorah
King Caesar
King Caesar

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Ghidorah

Avatar image for cyberzombie_hatchetman
Cyberzombie_Hatchetman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghidorah is Godzilla's toughest opponent.

gallavant123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gallavant123

Final Wars King Caesar wasn't impressive, Showa King Caesar's only relevant ability is his beam reflection, which can be negated by GMK or Grand King Ghidorah's shields, and physical combat for King Caesar with Ghidorah will be deadly because of Keizer Ghidorah's energy drain. Movie version Ghidorah stomps, especially when combined.

Not too familiar with IDW but I'm guessing Ghidorah would win

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghidorah beats him like fodder.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

godzilla

gallavant123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gallavant123
Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghidora wins IMO.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 owie  Moderator

Final Wars King Caesar wasn't impressive, Showa King Caesar's only relevant ability is his beam reflection, which can be negated by GMK or Grand King Ghidorah's shields, and physical combat for King Caesar with Ghidorah will be deadly because of Keizer Ghidorah's energy drain. Movie version Ghidorah stomps, especially when combined.

Not too familiar with IDW but I'm guessing Ghidorah would win

I'll ask you this, since you gave the most complete answer.

I'm fairly although by no means fully familiar with movie Ghidorah, but haven't seen Caesar in the movies so I'm not exactly sure how that would go. I was thinking that perhaps Caesar's ability to absorb and re-shoot energy would work at least reasonably well against Ghidorah. When I'm saying combined versions I just mean throughout the various movie/animated producers, but if he really takes on fully different forms, I wouldn't count them for this battle--just standard Ghidorah. Don't know if that makes a difference in terms of making it more even, esp. regarding the shields.

In the comics, I've just read the final arc of Rulers of the Earth, so I am kind of interested in other people's take on this. But in that arc, both Caesar and Ghidorah do well. To summarize, two species of aliens are working together to attack earth, one humanoid with ships, the others are giant monsters who can take on the form/powers of the monsters they attack. These Trilopods beat the hell out of most of earth's kaiju, and captured them. Then some people go to get King Caesar out of hibernation, calling him one of the world's greatest kaiju. He ends up letting himself get captured, tears his copy-cat Trilopod apart, then rescues all the other kaiju, often tearing Trilopods in half. Both his rescue feat and seeming ease in defeating Trilopods seem to put him on another echelon beyond the normal kaiju.

On the other hand, it is revealed that the humanoid aliens are attacking earth in the first place because Ghidorah routed their entire race off their own planet.

So my impression is that in IDW, both are beyond the level of a normal kaiju.

Just curious what you think, and figured I'd give you the IDW background info.

Mojoclaw9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Caesar is a strategist and a fairly good fighter. However he lacks actual brute force (assuming this is Kaiser Ghidorah in the picture) so Caesar would get tossed around like a doll.