Who's Scarier: Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BMEZY

Out of the two most successful horror franchises ever, which character scares you the most. Michael Myers shares many of the same qualities as fellow horror icon Jason Voorhees. Both icons wear a mask and both are rather intimidating size wise. Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees each have an almost super human ability to keep on killing and show up almost anywhere, sometimes seemingly out of nowhere.Who is the True face of Evil!! the character that has that scare factor that separates them from any other horror mongul in the biz. tell me what you think. EDIT: also, let's not turn this into "who beats who" in a battle sense.. i want to know the psychological effect that these characters had on you.. the things that exemplifies the true elements of horror.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By bigcimmerian

Joker is a lot scarier, just my opinion, between those 2 I don't know

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jeanroygrant

Here are pictures too help

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Neither. They're both inexplicably slow and any person who is moderately in-shape could outrun these two laughingstocks.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BMEZY

i would personally say that Michael Myers has always been more scary for me. this quote does it for me: "He doesn't rely on ruthless and random killing, as do many of the modern "splatter" films, nor does he employ inhuman scare tactics to appeal to the senses. Michael's victims are stalked with deliberate intention and concentration, which accounts for all the heavy breathing. This classic simplicity makes him not only believable, but also truly scary. Instead of nausea, he creates suspense and lasting emotion, which should be the main effects of a horror movie. Michael gives the audience a look from the murderer's point-of-view, with heavy emphasis on voyeurism and psychotic tendencies, which, might I add, actually exist in real life. You know that there are people out there just like him, and that's what creates the fear" (Galpern)

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jeanroygrant

Both

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

Micheal Myers I like Jason more but in the films Jason is shown to take pity on children and not kill them though Micheal Myers spends most of his movies trying to kill a little girl...

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jeanroygrant

@TheCheeseStabber said:

Micheal Myers I like Jason more but in the films Jason is shown to take pity on children and not kill them though Micheal Myers spends most of his movies trying to kill a little girl...

lol

YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By YoggSaron

@Illuminatus said:

Neither. They're both inexplicably slow and any person who is moderately in-shape could outrun these two laughingstocks.

Ah, but no matter where you run to they will always be there waiting for you. Slasher movie fact.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Outside_85

Neither, Freddy Kruger is scarier than the lumbering zombie and the 'jump out of a closet and stab you' psychotic.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheCheeseStabber
@jeanroygrant: Ikr >..o
BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BMEZY

for a time freddy did seem like the scariest thing ever!! especially when i was younger, but as i got into my teens, i realized that his movies were more of a supernatural thriller, and therefore didn't seem realistic enough to actually SCARE me and it couldn't possible happen in real life.. when i turned about 14, frddy's movies caused me roll my eyes like "get real", y'know the whole concept of michael's psycho killer escaped from asylum that stalks his sister and friends it gives this realism that scares the ish out of me..

Zomboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Zomboid

@BMEZY: I agree with Michael, after your explanation. Freddy has more shock appeal, but not actual scariness. And Jason is like a lesser, inferior version of Michael. I like them all though.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Illuminatus said:

Wise words spoken.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By TDK_1997

I like the most Freddy Krueger and I think he is way more scarier than these two guys but from this two I would definitely say Michael Myers.

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason. Myers is small time compared to him.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Illuminatus: True except in terms of stamina and sheer strength. Can outrun them all you want until you start to tire out and then they are on you. Not as if they need to take a breather or anything. Best evidence for this is below...

Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tigerstriper

Jason. While the hockey mask is iconic, and a great look, there is just something unsettling about Jason in part 2 while he's wearing the pillowcase with one eye cut out and carrying that pitchfork.

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Spartan101

rob zombies michael is just death on legs,so i vote him because rob did him a film.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@Illuminatus: Can't run forever. How are you gonna deal with them if they catch you? Depending on the location you may be running for nothing. Jason knows Crystal Lake so well people thought he was teleporting around. In the middle of no where without help, transportation, Micheal guts you.

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By spystreak

even as a 4 year old these two never scarred me so neither

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Jason, ESPECIALLY the early Jason and the one seen in the remake, he was just the giant dude chasing after you, he was like a shark, he didn't have a master plan, no witty banter, no evil laugh, he was just out for one thing and one thing only, to destroy you. 

Also out of all slasher movie villains, he was the most physically dominate 

case in point 

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Jason. Micheal is the most human of the two and may be killed. And He is aware of this, which is why he chose a replacement during H20 to be taken back to prison while he healed. That also proved he would not have survived that decapitation. Jason however is not a threat due to not really leaving the camp grounds, though he has under special circumstances. Micheal is strong, Jason is stronger, Micheal is quiet, Jason is even more so. Jason is also faster. Until Micheal can vanish from behind you to in front of you in the time it takes you to turn your head then we will talk. Jason folded a dude in a bed like he was preparing a sandwich. Threw a machete through multiple victims from yards away while they ran, in a corn field, at night. He survived being blown up, drowned, and impaled. Atleast Micheal had been put in a coma, and would have stayed in Jail if members of the thorn hand't freed him.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BMEZY

i think it's the humanity in michael that makes his actions more terrifying.. a person mentally transformed into the very embodiment of evil.. he wasn't this mindless killing brute.. he's very calculating and deliberate. soo quiet and sinister.. the biggest thing for me is that has no motive.. he just woke up one halloween as a child and starting killing.. there are time when the audience feels sympathy for jason.. being a momma's boy. wanting to please mom. being tormented as a child.. while mikey is simply evil he does it just because.

The Sadhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By The Sadhu

My vote goes to Jason... only because my name is Jason.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By cascadeking09

@Illuminatus said:

Jason runs after you, Michael walks after you.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@BMEZY: Actually Micheal was chosen by a secret society to kll his family to protect them from a curse called the ''thorn." it's explained on the sixth film. But he is smarter then Jason.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@BMEZY: Actually he does have motivation, as someone above said he was chosen to kill his family due to a curse, which is why his main motivation is to kill just his family, just like Jason's is to kill anyone in the Camp, they both just happen to kill anyone else who gets in their way as well.  

@Guardiandevil83:  

@BMEZY : Actually Micheal was chosen by a secret society to kll his family to protect them from a curse called the ''thorn." it's explained on the sixth film. But he is smarter then Jason. 

Actually both are smart, just in different ways, Michael's more calculating, like a serial killer, using tricks and stealth, but the early Jason was a fantastic hunter,(which they revisited in the remake) he set traps, used almost anything as a weapon, was an excellent tracker, adapting to places quickly, even in strange settings like Elm Street or New York or...space. 
BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BMEZY

Jason is just a mentally retarded hermit that just wants to be left along..and not bothered. He's creative with his kills, but he bores me and he's become a little unrealistic over the years with the "telekinesis", knocking off people's heads, the whole undead/zombie thing, impossible strength (it went a bit overboard)..to me it's a bit...ehh. Michael on the other hand... there's this lack of humanity within him, some inhuman way he carries himself. He feels absolutely NOTHING the whole escapes mental asylum to kill off your bloodline is just horrendous and the crazy thing about it is that I can actually see something like this happening. That white mask doesn't help anything eitherl lol

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I wouldn't be scared if either of them tried to kill me. Or I atleast wouldn't scream and die in a hilarious way.

Avatar image for asianpersuasion
asianpersuasion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bmezy: jason is not mentally retarded. he can think, the mentally retarded ones is leatherface.

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
bowlt_swagg_320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Myers is hell on two feet.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voorhees.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Myers easily.

Dust_Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason...without his mask.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Michael. I still get the occasional nightmare, lmao.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By nefarious

Without the mask, Jason. He is one ugly mother...

With the mask, Mikey.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Michael

ATKDEF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Michael the guy will follow you wherever you go. Jason just stays in one place.

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Myers for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Michael

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atkdef: Myers only goes for Strode in more or less the same town but Jason's been to Manhattan, Space, the Future, Hell itself, the Dream world and even inside his own relative's vagina (I'm not making that up).

Has every one also forgotten that Jason's face is only one that his mother could love? Myers don't got anything on that face.

Jason actually has morals and a sense of humanity though so I guess that's why everyone picks Myers.