Who's faster? Sonic or Flash?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Johnnyx5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@johnnyx5 said:

Flash stomps easy. People give Sonic to much extra credit with the speed. You can even see Sonic's body while he is running. Even Quicksilver would beat Super Sonic in a Race. Sonic gets extra credit with speed just cause He is known for being a fast Video Game character.

Yes flash stomps, easy, but the rest of that is just plain ignorance.

Yes, you can see Sonic's body, it wouldn't be a very fun game, or be a interesting comic if the reader/player couldn't see the main character would it?

And we are talking about Archie Sonic here, as in the comic version. The game version is weak sauce. But even if we were using game sonic, there is absolutely no way quicksilver could dream of being faster than super sonic.

Sorry if I took this seriously when it was intended to be a joke, but some people are seriously underestimating sonic here.

Quicksilver beats Super Sonic as well cause Again you can even see Super sonic while running. I'm referring to the Video game versions and Animes. And if you agree Flash Stomps easy then you would know for a fact yourself that Sonic's speed is to overrated. People upgrade his Speed in their imagination just out of respect for Sonic because he is known for Running Fast.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko: The swearing part, and yeah, I think god_spawn or saren was telling someone else to se censored versions rather than the one with F**k in it. It's just a silly reason to get in trouble, so I wanted to warn ya ^_^

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#253  Edited By dorukesin

@reaverlation: @superdrummer: yeah race between Sonic with Silver Age Superman's twin bro lol

BEST FEATS of Wally West (CURRENT SILVER AGE SUPERMAN)

He's crossed the Universe in less than an instant,he beat the instant.Outrunning Krakkl's instantaneous transportation.Wally can move faster than instanteneous travel and time itself

That's Flash going from the Moon to Earth in less than PlanckTime

Earth to Moon = 384.000 km

Planck Time = 5.39106e-44 seconds , Wally's real speed is really mind-shattering 2.375944852e43c

thats really fu*king awesome

No Caption Provided

Wally was traveling through the Big Bang and Big Crunch and was able to perceive them, but traveled through time too fast to be hurt by them. As these events spanned the entire universe it would be impossible to outrun them, so this probably gives him sub-planck senses/reactions, since he was only within them for less than a planck instant, I'm pretty sure.

Next up is outrunning the explosion of Krypton. In this (Post-Crisis, pre-reboot) continuity, Krypton was in the Andromeda galaxy. The explosion also managed to eventually propel shards of Kryptonite to/near Earth, by the time of the New Krypton storyline. This story started in December of 2008. The Crisis on Infinite Earths ended in March of 1986. IIRC in Post-Crisis continuity, Superman was around 30 years old when he debuted. So the Kryptonite took 52 years and 9 months to reach Earth from Krypton.

Andromeda is 2.54 million light-years from Earth so the Kryptonite was traveling at 48,151.65877c We can thus safely say Wally was running faster than this.

Next was him racing against Zeta Beams. A Zeta Beam is a technology from the planet Rann, which was able to teleport people over interstellar distances seemingly instantly. This included from the position of Rann's new star system, Polaris, to Earth. To be conservative, I'll give a timeframe of 1 second for the teleportation (even though they're almost always portrayed as being much faster than this).

Distance from Earth to Polaris is 325 - 425 light - years, I'll average it and say 375. Thus the minimum speed of a Zeta beam is around 11,826,000,000c Wally was keeping up with this.

Next Wally's accumulated speed racing against the cosmic gamblers.

We start with the 11,826,000,000c minimum speed we knew he had up to this point. Add to this the speed of every person on Earth (stated as being 5 billion in the comic) running as fast as they can.

I found information on the average human sprint speed being 14 mph (6.25856 m/s). Multiplying that by 5 billion and we get 31,292,800,000 m/s, or 104.3815452c.

Not really that much of a boost... but the real boost comes from when Krakkl offers Wally his own speed, and he was using the combined speed of everyone on his homeworld. As both of their worlds were in danger, and Krakkl stated they were saving 100 billion lives, and the Earth population was already established at 5 billion, we can say there were 95 billion people on the planet Kwyzz.

Now all of these were radio wave beings, so they must have been moving at least the speed of light, however in the past Krakkl was able to communicate with Wally on Earth in-real time, using only his natural speed and abilities.

The distance between Kwyzz and Earth was never stated,

but we can narrow it down to get a minimum distance.

It couldn't have been in the Alpha Centauri system, because that was Rann's former system, and this was before Rann's move during the Rann-Thanagar war. So that's ruled out.

I cannot find any reference to Barnard's Star, the next nearest system, in any DC works, so this is the closest place Kwyzz could be.

In order for a reasonable two-way conversation without noticeable delays, I'm guessing a maximum time interval would be 0.1 seconds (conservative again).

Distance to Barnard's star = 5.963 light-years.

Therefore, Krakkl's base speed would be at least 1,880,491,680c.

Multiplying this by 95 billion, we get 1.786467096e20c.

Adding this to Flash's speed from before and the speed from Earth, we get 1.786467096118260001043815452e20c.

Finally beating Krakkl.(Crossed the whole f*cking universe in less than an instant)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Other LITTLE FEATS OF WALLY

250,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Times Faster Than the Speed of LIGHT -thanks to dredeuced

During the Human Race, Wally outraced instantaneous teleportation from the Cosmic Gamblers -- that could be seen as a pseuod time travel feat, though, as he raced across the fourth dimension to do it (The fourth dimension is time).

Directly after that, though, he was definitely not time traveling. Over the span of one Septosecond, which is 0.000000000000000000001 seconds, he tuned every radio on Earth.

There are 150,000,000 square kilometers of land on Earth. Light travels about 300,000 kilometers per second. To cover 150,000,000 kilometers, it would take light 500 seconds. For simplicity's sake, if you assume there is 1 radio for every square kilometer on earth (that is lowballing it greatly), that means he was traveling 500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000times faster than light, or 500 septillion.

Understand that I am greatly, greatly lowballing this feat as it doesn't take into account the time it takes him to tune every radio, the accurate density of radios per square kilometer (much higher than my guess, i just used mine to make the multiplication and division easier), radios that aren't on land (such as every boat on the planet that has a radio) or the time it takes him to search the square of every kilometer -- if he had to search every square inch then it'd be 500 septillion squared, or250,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 which is 250 Quattuordecillion times the speed of light.

Here's the feat in action:

No Caption Provided
Zeptosecond Reaction Time(while even sitting)

Beating Femtosecond,another zeptosecond reaction time

He scans half a million faces in 1 picosecond

Fights with Professor Zoom in a tick of Picosecond

He doesn't need cosmic treadmill to move through time.He can travel in the time by himself instantly

No Caption Provided

Outrunning Black Flash by Time Travel

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for the_flash_too_fast
The_Flash_Too_Fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roadrunner is the fastest.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roadrunner is the fastest.

No feats, no deal. He has used Toon Force speed pretty decently, not even near the level Flash has used Speed Force speed.

And if we go with overall fastest characters, nobody can beat Omnipresent characters who exist everywhere at once.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@reaverlation said:

@superdrummer: Human Race Wally West reacted to the septosecond,Outran Instantaneous teleportation across the universe,and went from the moon to Earth in Planick Time and Wally when facing Zoom covered ever square inch on Earth a dozen times in less than a second.@dorukesin can be happy to provide them for you.

I'd actually like the scans, but they're not necessary (I'm definitely on the flash's side on this one...)

they never covered every inch of the earth i keep telling people that......yes they are insanely fast but look at the scan you can see the tracks they left behind[does it looks like covering every inch of the earth].......@the_flash_too_fast; if you mean what you said you have under-rated sonic n if it is a joke it is a very good one

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#257  Edited By dorukesin

@gizmorino: no they're covered every inch of the world,circled the globe dozen times less than a second.Also thats nothing when compared with other feats of Wally.Look at to my scans its on right above you

almighty Big blue were frozen

No Caption Provided

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can sonic outrun a black hole or run so fast he pierces the reality barrier and resets it?

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Beware_My_Power

@dratini1331: I meant the user, but in comics would be even better

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this still being argued? Anyone with common sense knows flash is a billion times faster than sonic but I guess there will always be the one fanboy

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@gizmorino: no they're covered every inch of the world,circled the globe dozen times less than a second.Also thats nothing when compared with other feats of Wally.Look at to my scans its on right above you

almighty Big blue were frozen

No Caption Provided

about wally feats. i know but look at the scan well n check the tracks they left behind[ 1st panel;they ran through an high-way then up a sky-scrapper...2nd panel; they ran by a farm] so i dont think they covered every inch........they would have gone round the world[ visited the whole cities but every inch that is just a statement to me]........n yes i know it is very possible for them to do it flash[wally n barry] have limitless speed n zoom speed is also of the scales but in the scan it was never done..........

Avatar image for the_flash_too_fast
The_Flash_Too_Fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnyx5 said:

@superdrummer said:

@johnnyx5 said:

Flash stomps easy. People give Sonic to much extra credit with the speed. You can even see Sonic's body while he is running. Even Quicksilver would beat Super Sonic in a Race. Sonic gets extra credit with speed just cause He is known for being a fast Video Game character.

Yes, you can see Sonic's body, it wouldn't be a very fun game, or be a interesting comic if the reader/player couldn't see the main character would it?

And we are talking about Archie Sonic here, as in the comic version. The game version is weak sauce. But even if we were using game sonic, there is absolutely no way quicksilver could dream of being faster than super sonic.

Sorry if I took this seriously when it was intended to be a joke, but some people are seriously underestimating sonic here.

Quicksilver beats Super Sonic as well cause Again you can even see Super sonic while running. I'm referring to the Video game versions and Animes. And if you agree Flash Stomps easy then you would know for a fact yourself that Sonic's speed is to overrated. People upgrade his Speed in their imagination just out of respect for Sonic because he is known for Running Fast.

Its funny because EVERY other person is using Archie Sonic.

Besides, you can "see flash running" as well, does that mean hes slower than quicksilver? -_-

Loading Video...

And it is not overrated:

Loading Video...

^NORMAL game sonic escaping a black hole (WAY faster than quicksilver's mach 5, considering escape velocity of a black hole is, by definition, light speed)

Archie sonic is infinitely faster.

It is one thing to say that flash wins due to being faster, which, as many people have pointed out, he is. But another to say he wins out of fanboyism or ignorance.

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: @superdrummer: yeah race between Sonic with Silver Age Superman's twin bro lol

BEST FEATS of Wally West (CURRENT SILVER AGE SUPERMAN)

He's crossed the Universe in less than an instant,he beat the instant.Outrunning Krakkl's instantaneous transportation.Wally can move faster than instanteneous travel and time itself

That's Flash going from the Moon to Earth in less than PlanckTime

Earth to Moon = 384.000 km

Planck Time = 5.39106e-44 seconds , Wally's real speed is really mind-shattering 2.375944852e43c

thats really fu*king awesome

No Caption Provided

Wally was traveling through the Big Bang and Big Crunch and was able to perceive them, but traveled through time too fast to be hurt by them. As these events spanned the entire universe it would be impossible to outrun them, so this probably gives him sub-planck senses/reactions, since he was only within them for less than a planck instant, I'm pretty sure.

Next up is outrunning the explosion of Krypton. In this (Post-Crisis, pre-reboot) continuity, Krypton was in the Andromeda galaxy. The explosion also managed to eventually propel shards of Kryptonite to/near Earth, by the time of the New Krypton storyline. This story started in December of 2008. The Crisis on Infinite Earths ended in March of 1986. IIRC in Post-Crisis continuity, Superman was around 30 years old when he debuted. So the Kryptonite took 52 years and 9 months to reach Earth from Krypton.

Andromeda is 2.54 million light-years from Earth so the Kryptonite was traveling at 48,151.65877c We can thus safely say Wally was running faster than this.

Next was him racing against Zeta Beams. A Zeta Beam is a technology from the planet Rann, which was able to teleport people over interstellar distances seemingly instantly. This included from the position of Rann's new star system, Polaris, to Earth. To be conservative, I'll give a timeframe of 1 second for the teleportation (even though they're almost always portrayed as being much faster than this).

Distance from Earth to Polaris is 325 - 425 light - years, I'll average it and say 375. Thus the minimum speed of a Zeta beam is around 11,826,000,000c Wally was keeping up with this.

Next Wally's accumulated speed racing against the cosmic gamblers.

We start with the 11,826,000,000c minimum speed we knew he had up to this point. Add to this the speed of every person on Earth (stated as being 5 billion in the comic) running as fast as they can.

I found information on the average human sprint speed being 14 mph (6.25856 m/s). Multiplying that by 5 billion and we get 31,292,800,000 m/s, or 104.3815452c.

Not really that much of a boost... but the real boost comes from when Krakkl offers Wally his own speed, and he was using the combined speed of everyone on his homeworld. As both of their worlds were in danger, and Krakkl stated they were saving 100 billion lives, and the Earth population was already established at 5 billion, we can say there were 95 billion people on the planet Kwyzz.

Now all of these were radio wave beings, so they must have been moving at least the speed of light, however in the past Krakkl was able to communicate with Wally on Earth in-real time, using only his natural speed and abilities.

The distance between Kwyzz and Earth was never stated,

but we can narrow it down to get a minimum distance.

It couldn't have been in the Alpha Centauri system, because that was Rann's former system, and this was before Rann's move during the Rann-Thanagar war. So that's ruled out.

I cannot find any reference to Barnard's Star, the next nearest system, in any DC works, so this is the closest place Kwyzz could be.

In order for a reasonable two-way conversation without noticeable delays, I'm guessing a maximum time interval would be 0.1 seconds (conservative again).

Distance to Barnard's star = 5.963 light-years.

Therefore, Krakkl's base speed would be at least 1,880,491,680c.

Multiplying this by 95 billion, we get 1.786467096e20c.

Adding this to Flash's speed from before and the speed from Earth, we get 1.786467096118260001043815452e20c.

Finally beating Krakkl.(Crossed the whole f*cking universe in less than an instant)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Other LITTLE FEATS OF WALLY

250,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Times Faster Than the Speed of LIGHT -thanks to dredeuced

During the Human Race, Wally outraced instantaneous teleportation from the Cosmic Gamblers -- that could be seen as a pseuod time travel feat, though, as he raced across the fourth dimension to do it (The fourth dimension is time).

Directly after that, though, he was definitely not time traveling. Over the span of one Septosecond, which is 0.000000000000000000001 seconds, he tuned every radio on Earth.

There are 150,000,000 square kilometers of land on Earth. Light travels about 300,000 kilometers per second. To cover 150,000,000 kilometers, it would take light 500 seconds. For simplicity's sake, if you assume there is 1 radio for every square kilometer on earth (that is lowballing it greatly), that means he was traveling 500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000times faster than light, or 500 septillion.

Understand that I am greatly, greatly lowballing this feat as it doesn't take into account the time it takes him to tune every radio, the accurate density of radios per square kilometer (much higher than my guess, i just used mine to make the multiplication and division easier), radios that aren't on land (such as every boat on the planet that has a radio) or the time it takes him to search the square of every kilometer -- if he had to search every square inch then it'd be 500 septillion squared, or250,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 which is 250 Quattuordecillion times the speed of light.

Here's the feat in action:

No Caption Provided
Zeptosecond Reaction Time(while even sitting)

Beating Femtosecond,another zeptosecond reaction time

He scans half a million faces in 1 picosecond

Fights with Professor Zoom in a tick of Picosecond

He doesn't need cosmic treadmill to move through time.He can travel in the time by himself instantly

No Caption Provided

Outrunning Black Flash by Time Travel

No Caption Provided

VERY nice :) (Just stole all these scans)

And this ladies and gentlemen, is why flash wins.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@nick31898: I think you're mistaken, that would me be

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By SirNeko

@johnnyx5 said:

@superdrummer said:

@johnnyx5 said:

Its funny because EVERY other person is using Archie Sonic.

Besides, you can "see flash running" as well, does that mean hes slower than quicksilver? -_-

And it is not overrated:

^NORMAL game sonic escaping a black hole (WAY faster than quicksilver's mach 5, considering escape velocity of a black hole is, by definition, light speed)

Archie sonic is infinitely faster.

It is one thing to say that flash wins due to being faster, which, as many people have pointed out, he is. But another to say he wins out of fanboyism or ignorance.

Since when are game mechanics used in debates?