Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#151  Edited By beatboks1
@CaptainRodgers said:
" @_Wildcard_ said:
" @CaptainRodgers:  bruce will always be richer, simply because tony blows through vast amounts of cash doing stuff like building the avengers mansion. or EMP bombing his entire infrastructure lol. bruce keeps his business and heroics seperate, tony wears them both on his sleeve. "
Is much as that's possible you can't prove that Tony doesn't have the money to waste and still be richer than Bruce "
Actually it's pretty easy to prove that Stark isn't as wealthy as Wayne.
1. There've been several stories where Tony has been shown to be answerable and controlled to a degree by his boards and shareholders (which of course all major CEO's and Directors are), or fight for control. At the same time it has been shown (for the majority of tales - the only exclusion I can think of is when Talia al Gul bought enough shares to control one devision of Wayne Ent) that Wayne has full control and ownership of every aspect of Wayne Enterprises and has actually dictated to his boards when and what he wanted ( which you can only do if you always hold 51% or more). He has also been shown to be able to close entire branches of his business on a seeming whim, that's close not sell off a pertinent fact.
2. Every aspect of Stark in every depiction is solely a weapons building technology based business (including all subsidiaries). This means the business as a whole is completely moved based on market forces for that industry when they're good good when they're not really bad. Wayne enterprises however has many branches not tech based, plus the companies that are tech based are spread through a wider array of technology. Wayne Enterprises has fingers in biotech, food, shipping, ship yards, 
3. I can't recall a single time where Stark has shown himself to be a  more financial heavy weight than other Marvel b/millionaires. Bruce has made Lex back down from a statement by simply saying he'd shut him down and when Lex went down Wayne Enterprises bought Lexcorps holdings. Lexcorp in story in Superman had had runs on Large companies like Star Labs, Kord Industries and bought Goldstar (Boosters old company)
4. Stark (according to in story tales) was established in the 19th Century. While Waynecorp (the former name of Wayne Enterprises ) was established around the same it was started by a member of the Wayne family using the wealth that had already been built by the Wayne Merchant house established in the 17th century. 

The evidence is there in droves you just have to look at it.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#152  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@beatboks1:Iron Man stopped building weaponry for years now.

Also, the debate is besides the question, considering Iron Man is currently nearly broke.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#153  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Morpheus_ said:
" @beatboks1:Iron Man stopped building weaponry for years now.

Also, the debate is besides the question, considering Iron Man is currently nearly broke.
"

And bruce has just started on weapons LOL(INC),well atleast officialy .
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By entropy_aegis
@beatboks1:
Can you tell me about the type of weapons/technology kord division produces?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@entropy_aegis said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"
And bruce has just started on weapons LOL(INC),well atleast officialy . "
LOL. I'm on the fence concerning Inc; it seems an odd concept for Batman, but the issues have been interesting so far, and I trust Morrison.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Morpheus_ said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"
And bruce has just started on weapons LOL(INC),well atleast officialy . "
LOL. I'm on the fence concerning Inc; it seems an odd concept for Batman, but the issues have been interesting so far, and I trust Morrison. "

I honestly was disappointed with the first 2 issues,and the ones which are soliticed(spelling) for now ,fail to impress me. 
its the 'return' oneshot which makes me wanna buy it. 
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By beatboks1

@Morpheus_:   Thanks for the info (when exactly by the way) and correction. I haven't picked up either character in over 4 or 5 years (so for all I know Bruce could be broke right now too- he is alive again isn't he).
Still thirty odd years of consistent stories (and let's face it he's going to get his wealth back -they all do, it's sort of like dying in a comic) showing the distinct differences is enough to prove my point. Though obviously, that should have been that you can prove Stark has never been as rich as Wayne (not current or " Actually it's pretty easy to prove that Stark wasn't as wealthy as Wayne.  " )

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@entropy_aegis:I agree that it hasn't been astonishing thus far, yet sufficiently intriguing for me to continue reading,

I also thought the Return was great.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Morpheus_ said:
" @entropy_aegis:I agree that it hasn't been astonishing thus far, yet sufficiently intriguing for me to continue reading,

I also thought the Return was great.
"

The delays have been killing it as well.issue 3 will hit stores in march.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@beatboks1 said:
"  @Morpheus_:   Thanks for the info (when exactly by the way) and correction. I haven't picked up either character in over 4 or 5 years (so for all I know Bruce could be broke right now too- he is alive again isn't he).
Still thirty odd years of consistent stories (and let's face it he's going to get his wealth back -they all do, it's sort of like dying in a comic) showing the distinct differences is enough to prove my point. Though obviously, that should have been that you can prove Stark has never been as rich as Wayne (not current or " Actually it's pretty easy to prove that Stark wasn't as wealthy as Wayne.  " ) "
Iron Man's current objective is to better the world by providing cheap repulsor tech for everyone. Even if he gets to be rich again (which I don't really doubt he will), weaponry is out of the question for him. In fact, the most recent arc focused on the government asking him to do exactly that, him refusing, and the government officials asking Justin Hammer's wife, Justine, to fill in his place, with Detroit Steel. Even prior to the past 4-5 years, Iron Man still has been off that track since his volume 3 hit the shelves.

I don't know if Iron Man has been as rich as Bruce, or not, I never put any thought in it, and I am not particularly interested in trying to estimate it, either, to be perfectly honest.

@entropy_aegis:True. I was wondering when # 3 would be released.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Morpheus_:
I honestly never understood peoples obsession with comparing the money and playboyish ness. 
though i understand prep,smarts,powers etc,hence why i gave my opinion on that.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By beatboks1
@entropy_aegis said:
" @beatboks1: Can you tell me about the type of weapons/technology kord division produces? "
God, that will test the gray matter. Haven't read those issues of Blue beetle since the early 90's (and that was a re-read).
Back when Ted Kord was still CEO the weapons he built (for sale) were lesser versions of his BB stuff. For example he had his beetle ship with vastly superior weaponry and defenses to anything but the  aircraft he sold were above normal fighter craft but below what he made for himself. He did do stuff for NASA's aerospace program etc. Best I can recall.
@entropy_aegis said:
" And bruce has just started on weapons LOL(INC),well atleast officialy . "

At least this time around. Back in the year ones from the mid to late 80's (when I still cared about the Bat) the then "Waynecorp" had a weapons division that Bruce encouraged and watched very closely. Then when he started his career as the Bat he got all holier than thou and closed it because it conflicted with the work of the Wayne Foundation. Of course once closed he moved the products produced around from shadow company to shadow company until at their final destination a disguised Bruce Wayne would take the trucks to the Batcave  where armored vehicles became Bat symboled etc. Natch some of those  shadow companies kept up some secret weapon work, but that's been retconned several times since.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By entropy_aegis
@beatboks1:
Can you send me a PM on the technological capabilities of kord? take your time. 
and yes he's come out in the open about his dealings ,no more need for shadow companies/dummy corporations. 
and happy birthday.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By beatboks1
@entropy_aegis said:
" @beatboks1: Can you send me a PM on the technological capabilities of kord? take your time. and yes he's come out in the open about his dealings ,no more need for shadow companies/dummy corporations. and happy birthday. "
I'll see if I can find some old BB issues over the weekend to bone up. Thanks for the BD wishes and Shhh.
@entropy_aegis said:
" @Morpheus_: I honestly never understood peoples obsession with comparing the money and playboyish ness. though i understand prep,smarts,powers etc,hence why i gave my opinion on that. "

I never used to either. I came across it in one of the very first debates I got into on my first user name on DC boards (which on the QT was over a decade ago). It was a battle between Tony and Bruce where one poster put up the argument that since Bruce was richer he could throw more money into fixing a problem, so no matter how good Tony's armor was if Bruce couldn't build one to match he could buy one to better. Most of the argument i posted were paraphrasings of that posters statements (as best I can recall). At the time it was posted I remember thinking that's crap and actually read several months of both titles and buying back issues listed by poster as reference to verify, to find it wasn't.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By entropy_aegis
@beatboks1:
Much appreciated.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@entropy_aegis said:
" @Morpheus_: I honestly never understood peoples obsession with comparing the money and playboyish ness. though i understand prep,smarts,powers etc,hence why i gave my opinion on that. "
Yep, it's pretty much how I feel about it.

@beatboks1:  Happy birthday again, beat.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#167  Edited By Erik
@Morpheus_ said:
" @beatboks1 said:
"  @Morpheus_:   Thanks for the info (when exactly by the way) and correction. I haven't picked up either character in over 4 or 5 years (so for all I know Bruce could be broke right now too- he is alive again isn't he).
Still thirty odd years of consistent stories (and let's face it he's going to get his wealth back -they all do, it's sort of like dying in a comic) showing the distinct differences is enough to prove my point. Though obviously, that should have been that you can prove Stark has never been as rich as Wayne (not current or " Actually it's pretty easy to prove that Stark wasn't as wealthy as Wayne.  " ) "
Iron Man's current objective is to better the world by providing cheap repulsor tech for everyone. Even if he gets to be rich again (which I don't really doubt he will), weaponry is out of the question for him. In fact, the most recent arc focused on the government asking him to do exactly that, him refusing, and the government officials asking Justin Hammer's wife, Justine, to fill in his place, with Detroit Steel. Even prior to the past 4-5 years, Iron Man still has been off that track since his volume 3 hit the shelves.

I don't know if Iron Man has been as rich as Bruce, or not, I never put any thought in it, and I am not particularly interested in trying to estimate it, either, to be perfectly honest.

@entropy_aegis:True. I was wondering when # 3 would be released. "
I do not think either company have ever been given a specific number but I do believe that Tony has listed his self worth once. Could have been Ultimate Iron Man though so I am not sticking to my guns on that. But IF I remember right, it was several hundred billion.  

But even if not, Tony is dropping what, 10 or 13 billion into his suits every time he makes a new one? That gets expensive after a while I am sure. So even if Bruce has more money, I could make an argument that it was only because Tony drops more into his super hero life than Bruce does. 
CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By CaptainRodgers
@beatboks1 said:
" @CaptainRodgers said:
" @_Wildcard_ said:
" @CaptainRodgers:  bruce will always be richer, simply because tony blows through vast amounts of cash doing stuff like building the avengers mansion. or EMP bombing his entire infrastructure lol. bruce keeps his business and heroics seperate, tony wears them both on his sleeve. "
Is much as that's possible you can't prove that Tony doesn't have the money to waste and still be richer than Bruce "
Actually it's pretty easy to prove that Stark isn't as wealthy as Wayne. 1. There've been several stories where Tony has been shown to be answerable and controlled to a degree by his boards and shareholders (which of course all major CEO's and Directors are), or fight for control. At the same time it has been shown (for the majority of tales - the only exclusion I can think of is when Talia al Gul bought enough shares to control one devision of Wayne Ent) that Wayne has full control and ownership of every aspect of Wayne Enterprises and has actually dictated to his boards when and what he wanted ( which you can only do if you always hold 51% or more). He has also been shown to be able to close entire branches of his business on a seeming whim, that's close not sell off a pertinent fact.2. Every aspect of Stark in every depiction is solely a weapons building technology based business (including all subsidiaries). This means the business as a whole is completely moved based on market forces for that industry when they're good good when they're not really bad. Wayne enterprises however has many branches not tech based, plus the companies that are tech based are spread through a wider array of technology. Wayne Enterprises has fingers in biotech, food, shipping, ship yards,  3. I can't recall a single time where Stark has shown himself to be a  more financial heavy weight than other Marvel b/millionaires. Bruce has made Lex back down from a statement by simply saying he'd shut him down and when Lex went down Wayne Enterprises bought Lexcorps holdings. Lexcorp in story in Superman had had runs on Large companies like Star Labs, Kord Industries and bought Goldstar (Boosters old company) 4. Stark (according to in story tales) was established in the 19th Century. While Waynecorp (the former name of Wayne Enterprises ) was established around the same it was started by a member of the Wayne family using the wealth that had already been built by the Wayne Merchant house established in the 17th century.   The evidence is there in droves you just have to look at it. "

As much as thats all well thought out and reasoned unless we have figures there's no way of knowing , and as i said in a previous post its very possible (this has made it more apparent to me that it is ) we can't prove it without figures , it is more likely Wayne is richer though , also as Morph said Tonys broke right now and i assume Bruce is a lot more rich currently but i was talking about the typical Wayne and Stark , also happy birthday :) saw it on the ledger .
Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Wayne.

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By theicon
@Gremlin From Kremlin: agreed
silvericer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By silvericer

From a lone wolf perspective, I believe that Tony Stark has much higher capablities than Bruce Wayne. Looking at who can run a better company between the two, Bruce Wayne.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#172  Edited By Erik
@silvericer said:
" From a lone wolf perspective, I believe that Tony Stark has much higher capablities than Bruce Wayne. Looking at who can run a better company between the two, Bruce Wayne. "
If by running a company better, you mean having nearly zero involvement in the way the company is run, then sure.