Who would win this battle?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deaditegonzo

I havent been on these boards for long, but from what ive seen most of you guys are well informed, respectful, and follow the rules of engagement (except for a couple of fandoms, but their faves wont be involved in this thread anyway).

I am going to ask what to me, is this most important question in online forum debates about fictional characters:

WHO WOULD WIN IN AN ACTUAL COMIC BOOK, this means, PIS, WIS, CIS, Morals, In Character, are all turned on. For all intents and purpose, this is exactly what would go down if the major companies involved wrote this event, between what to me are the three most powerful non-Cosmic Entities in pretty much any universe, SUPERMAN vs SILVER SURFER vs MARTIAN MANHUNTER?

Feel free to add ideas of how the battle would go and what the characters would do (without writing a whole fanfic ;) ), or small snippets about the premise itself (X, Y, or Z really should be involved instead of A, B, or C). This is not a debate about who is the most powerful on paper, although I bet thatd be an interesting topic in itself, and I dont mind if you include that in your answer (A is the most powerful, but B would win, with C coming in last). I will answer any question that you have for me.

MM and Supes are Pre-52, SS is modern.

Round 1: Fight takes place in All Access universe, so as to be Neutral.

Round 2: Marvel Universe

Round 3: DC Universe

Feel free to add a "Users Choice" Round 4 in your comment (Fight takes place in DBZ Universe, they meet the Z fighters, work together to thrash them thinking theyre enemies, etc)

AND HERE WE GO!

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By deaditegonzo

My one and only Bump

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AllStarSuperman

superman would win in all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By 202122

@deaditegonzo:

R1. Surfer takes superman with the power cosmic, or sucks the solar energy out of him and MMH really doesn't have much chance since he's not going to be able to use tp and doesn't have anything to deal with the power cosmic

1st. SS

2nd. Supes

3rd. MMH

R2. It's a Marvel universe so SS wins again

R3. It's a DC universe so everything revolves around SUPERMAN!! but SS would still do damage to keep it interesting

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deaditegonzo

@202122 said:

@deaditegonzo:

R1. Surfer takes superman with the power cosmic, or sucks the solar energy out of him and MMH really doesn't have much chance since he's not going to be able to use tp and doesn't have anything to deal with the power cosmic

1st. SS

2nd. Supes

3rd. MMH

R2. It's a Marvel universe so SS wins again

R3. It's a DC universe so everything revolves around SUPERMAN!! but SS would still do damage to keep it interesting

Ok, and based on your explanation, Silver Surfer likely will use his speed in Round 1? Just asking to see if that is the deciding factor in the MM v Surfer side of things.

@AllStarSuperman said:

superman would win in all

Id be interested in a summary/ breakdown of your answer, either in universe, out of universe, or both.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@deaditegonzo: as much as this sounds stupid superman wins cause hes superman. in a comic book i dont see supes loseing in any universe. the fact is if a DC writer makes a story of Superman vs (any marvel character) supes will when. is a Marvel writer makes the story Superman will still win it will be just a much closer fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 202122

@deaditegonzo: Well speed, a will of steel and the power cosmic

@AllStarSuperman: in a neutral universe it's about skill? in a marvel universe they're going to play up SS

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deaditegonzo

@AllStarSuperman: I dont think its a stupid perspective, thats the reason this is the most important debate to me, to see would likely win "for real" (in canon).

@202122: And you dont think PIS, CIS, or WIS would likely prevent him from fighting at his max? Silver Surfer is one of the more interesting cases here, to me, as on Paper, he's barely NOT a cosmic entity, and yet due to writers, he is frequently put in stupid situations, being taken over by Carnage, being stalemated by Thor, being tagged by Hulk, being put in an arm lock by Black Panther. Personally, I almost feel his own parent company barely respects him, and is more willing to harm his character than even the other two . Just my opinion.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@202122 said:

@deaditegonzo: Well speed, a will of steel and the power cosmic

@AllStarSuperman: in a neutral universe it's about skill? in a marvel universe they're going to play up SS

not really superman own spiderman, thor, fantastic 4 and possobly hulk in the marvel universe

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deaditegonzo

@AllStarSuperman: Notably, they never let him fight the Silver Surfer in either of the crossovers they shared.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 202122

@AllStarSuperman: What did you mean?

@deaditegonzo: not in a neutral nor marvel universe in a DC universe ss would be as strong as a labradoodle with a limp

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@deaditegonzo said:

@AllStarSuperman: Notably, they never let him fight the Silver Surfer in either of the crossovers they shared.

yea i know the made GL fight SS just cause there more similiar

@202122 said:

@AllStarSuperman: What, repeat?

in a old comic possibly pre crisis superman fought spiderman. superman was shot with a red sun gun and same with spiderman so his punches were actually effective. but spider man relizes supes is way to powerful and teams up with him(this took place on a shared earth). in JLA/Avengers (2002?) Superman owned Thor and picked up his hammer (this took place on marvel universe). in Superman/Fantastic Four (idk what year) i think they fight a little could be wrong though, in this superman gets hit with a laser thats said to cut through adamantium(this takes place in marvel universe). superman fights hulk three different times: the first time it precrisis and hulk just punches and punches and doesnt even hurt superman(Shared Universe), in DCvsMarvel(1996) they fight again and superman wins and burys hulk underneath the grand cannon(shared universe), the last time supes fought hulk was in "the incredible hulk vs superman" (idk what year) superman wins(Marvel Universe?).

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Clark_EL

@deaditegonzo: You forgot thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 202122

@AllStarSuperman said:

@deaditegonzo said:

yea i know the made GL fight SS just cause there more similiar

@202122 said:

@AllStarSuperman: What, repeat?

in a old comic possibly pre crisis superman fought spiderman. superman was shot with a red sun gun and same with spiderman so his punches were actually effective. but spider man relizes supes is way to powerful and teams up with him(this took place on a shared earth). in JLA/Avengers (2002?) Superman owned Thor and picked up his hammer (this took place on marvel universe). in Superman/Fantastic Four (idk what year) i think they fight a little could be wrong though, in this superman gets hit with a laser thats said to cut through adamantium(this takes place in marvel universe). superman fights hulk three different times: the first time it precrisis and hulk just punches and punches and doesnt even hurt superman(Shared Universe), in DCvsMarvel(1996) they fight again and superman wins and burys hulk underneath the grand cannon(shared universe), the last time supes fought hulk was in "the incredible hulk vs superman" (idk what year) superman wins(Marvel Universe?).

The Hulk vs Superman stuff is fair Hulk doesn't stand a match against Supes and in the DCvsMarvel Marvel ended up winning the competition due to popularity so whose to say when they put Supes up against a viable competitor then the outcome would be different

But in a neutral univerese It's about skill and SS is better

This isn't Hulk, Spiderman or Thor this is Galactus' herald Silver Surfer no matter how much DC will play up Supes power (and they would do a lot) it's just illogical

In the DC universe yes MMH and Supes would team up and take him down despite the unlikelihood but it would only be reasonable and in return Marvel would get paid

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@202122: imo even in a neutral earth supes would win. Even if he should not have

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dondave

Supes would with with all the IS's turned on in a DC universe, and in a marvel universe he'd proabaly become a herald, and still win in a netural universe

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deaditegonzo

@Clark_EL said:

@deaditegonzo: You forgot thor

I dont personally think Thor is even close to these three. He's a hair over Hulk IMO.

kyrool98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kyrool98

i know this may not relate to the debate, but im asuming if these two powerful characters were fighting SS and there was a chance that galactis would step in, i dont know myself, just putting an idea out there, feel free to correct me.

kyrool98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kyrool98

Btw didnt you say "This is not a debate about who is the most powerful on paper" but most people seem to have tossed that idea aside and gone with the common debate of power from what i can see.